AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 47 22.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 13.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 47 22.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 18.01%
6 out of 10 : Average 25 11.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 3.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.42%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 1.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 4.27%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-11, 17:02   Link #61
Seska

Good that Claymore females cannot give birth....
Old 2007-09-11, 17:11   Link #62
Kazidoom

@PGilis

I was referring more to what you said about Berserk, actually. I'm not used to seeing the words "usual" "plot" "shonen" and "Berserk" together in the same sentence. But you bring up something important. The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if we had an ending that contradicts the usual "good guy vs bad guy" formula. It will be interesting to see how it is done, at any rate. Even if the ending is complete rubbish I will still applaud Madhouse for trying something daring. To bring up Berserk once more, it's the perfect example of an anime with the "ending" ruined because it followed the manga too strictly. And with an original ending the manga readers can have fun speculating as well. How will the fight conclude? Will characters who were killed off in the manga be granted a reprieve in the anime? Perhaps Raki will die! What suspense for the Raki haters!
Old 2007-09-11, 17:13   Link #63
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Good that Claymore females cannot give birth....

We don't know about that yet. Raki can discover to us in the worst way...

And besides, thinking about that, maybe all the Claymores are naturally sterile because they're half-youma, half-human. But what about Clare? She is just 1/4 youma, so she could be human enough to have kids. I bet i know the name she will choose if her baby is a girl...

Spoiler:

@Kazidoom

You're right. Anything can happen, right now.
Old 2007-09-11, 17:21   Link #64
USCPharmacist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
No! The only fair solution is the harem-esque answer. He can live with Clare and Priscilla! And Helen, and Miria, and Deneve, and...

A big happy family!!
NOOO YOU LE DIDN'T HEHE
Old 2007-09-11, 17:30   Link #65
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
No! The only fair solution is the harem-esque answer. He can live with Clare and Priscilla! And Helen, and Miria, and Deneve, and...

A big happy family!!
To be fair, I just see Clare, Priscilla, and occasionally Helen. XD
Old 2007-09-11, 17:38   Link #66
Icephere
Claymore Fan

Can someone send me the link to the episode blog if it is up ?
Old 2007-09-11, 17:43   Link #67
Elandyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury lampe View Post
If the plot continues the way you pointed it'll be simple amazing en terms of change of the events. More than that, if the roles of the main character and the main antagonist are changed like that, I won't know what I'll have to think: Madhouse has killed the manga completely? or has presented de story in a very personal and (equally) amazing form?
I canot stress enough that MadHouse cannot and will not "kill the manga"
The anime and the manga are two different beasts, and I for one am glad (we'll see if I'm right to be at the end ofthe season) that they are doing so, hopefully with the benediction of the author.
The transition "7 years later" of the manga translated as is in anime could be very rough on watchers (specially if we'd have to wait another 5 years for a 2nd season), until we know what's actually going on

P.S. About the "baby-making". I have the idea (wether I am right or wrong is another thing) that the Claymore-isation process involves removing a more or less large part of their reproductive organs...
Old 2007-09-11, 17:52   Link #68
Cooler1339

If Clare becomes the enemy I will still cheer her on!
Old 2007-09-11, 18:10   Link #69
jor8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
I think the last one.... Don't you see dear Manga readers... you are curious too now, to want to see how its going on ... What good for is it, if they follow straight the manga? Yes, no surprises and for Manga readers boring... But so Madhouse turn the tides... Enjoy the start for the final battle....

And, try to hold your Horses... Don't repeat the Thread of Episode 23, Onegai.

Keep your Human Side up, don't let your Spoiler ego take control
Or if you cant controll it, try to force to think yourself, What will Mr. Spock do? ,yes, the one from Star Trek Classics....

Seska aka Germanguy
it doesnt matter how good the anime story ends b/c the last 2 episode were terrible animated with Raki scences.
Old 2007-09-11, 18:14   Link #70
mercury lampe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
I canot stress enough that MadHouse cannot and will not "kill the manga"
The anime and the manga are two different beasts, and I for one am glad (we'll see if I'm right to be at the end ofthe season) that they are doing so, hopefully with the benediction of the author.
The transition "7 years later" of the manga translated as is in anime could be very rough on watchers (specially if we'd have to wait another 5 years for a 2nd season), until we know what's actually going on
ok, ok...I think i didn't make myself clear in my last post.

First, I'm not a manga reader, because i thought it'd be better to read the manga after watching the entire series (you know, in order to enjoy both formats and prevent the complains some manga readers here have)

Second, when I said "kill the manga completely" I didn't want that this sounds like I was badly dissapointed with the change of the events. I just meant that this new scenario (a mad, evil clare who fights an "innocent" priscila who doesn't have more options than fight her back) will definetely break the idea of manga and anime seen as the sime thing: From this point on, both formats woulden't be the same anymore.

Hope i make myself clearer now (this is the bad thing of not be a native speaker i suppose xd)
Old 2007-09-11, 18:27   Link #71
Mentar
Banned

Oh yay.

Just FYI, our capper of pretty much all the latest episodes (in fact, more or less the only capper of Claymore right now) just left a message on share that he missed capping the show.

If I were you guys, I wouldn't hold my breath for a wednesday release this time :-\
Old 2007-09-11, 18:28   Link #72
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Was it me, or the Claymore ultimate lesson is that fear brings hate, hate brings anger and revenge, anger and revenge brings suffering?

(Imagines Yoda walks in Pieta now. )
Old 2007-09-11, 18:38   Link #73
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Okay read Wrexes review.

Ahh, that's a relief. I guess the cooler heads were right this time. Hell they may even be able to have an ending that still ends up in a place near the Manga's, other than Raki. Priscilla is hardly the force for good, she's still very much a monster, and very much a frightened little girl. Can Claire be saved? Will others die? And how conveinent their was a nearby active volcano. Maybe someone will commit suicide? How would I know, it's not like this follows the manga. Sadly that does mean we'll probably never get a season two.
Old 2007-09-11, 19:11   Link #74
DeathAngelBR
Yuri addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Oh yay.

Just FYI, our capper of pretty much all the latest episodes (in fact, more or less the only capper of Claymore right now) just left a message on share that he missed capping the show.

If I were you guys, I wouldn't hold my breath for a wednesday release this time :-\
That sucks monkey balls.
Old 2007-09-11, 20:02   Link #75
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icephere View Post
Can someone send me the link to the episode blog if it is up ?
I'd like a pm with a link to the episode blog too please!
Old 2007-09-11, 20:22   Link #76
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

BTW! for those that want it the RAW is out!!
Old 2007-09-11, 20:42   Link #77
DeathAngelBR
Yuri addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankel View Post
BTW! for those that want it the RAW is out!!
Wait, don't tell me. That crappy .flv thing? No, thanks.
Old 2007-09-11, 20:47   Link #78
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Hey it's better than nothing at the moment, right? And it's not so bad, at least it's pretty good. Plus it's only 51Mb so you can d/l fast.

My advice to anyone who hasn't seen it yet is to take this flv version since it seems that we won't get a high quality version until tomrrow, some of us can't wait that long.
Old 2007-09-11, 20:55   Link #79
Icephere
Claymore Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankel View Post
Hey it's better than nothing at the moment, right? And it's not so bad, at least it's pretty good. Plus it's only 51Mb so you can d/l fast.

My advice to anyone who hasn't seen it yet is to take this flv version since it seems that we won't get a high quality version until tomrrow, some of us can't wait that long.
Yeah I agree, the quality is not bad for a 51 MB episode. I have seen way far worse
Old 2007-09-11, 21:12   Link #80
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah really it's not that bad for what it is. You see the episode and it's not like the quality is so bad you'll go blind...unless you've got eyesight sensitive to that kind've thing
Spoiler for Ep Thoughts:

Nothing for people to freak out about. Priscilla hasn't become the hero and well Clare hasn't killed her friends yet so it's all fine. Though what those AB are going to do now is something I'm curious about.