Key Board
Carbon

one is using his name
the other is using a pronoun

other that that, there is no reason to read too deeply into it
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 18:19   Link #942
Arnavion

Plot seems to be easy to figure out after Ep 6. Heavy spoiler-ific speculation ahead.

Spoiler for Read at own risk:

Also, hello everyone. That was my first post
Arnavion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 18:49   Link #943
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Spoiler for episode 6:
when was that because i feel like i know what your talking about but can't remember
Old 2010-11-07, 18:58   Link #944
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
when was that because i feel like i know what your talking about but can't remember
He means the painting in episode 1.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 18:59   Link #945
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker View Post
Spoiler for question from ep6:
Spoiler for ep6 re 'ano hito':
Excellent episode. I thought Hayami Saori showed that her acting ability, communicating feelings so well by Wako's words. I also thought her singing was richer in this episode. The scenes between Tomatsu Haruka and Ishida Akira continue to be deep and fascinating. The girl "Ondine," with freckles and the yellow mask, was played by Saitou Chiwa.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-11-07 at 19:52.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 19:03   Link #946
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
She means the painting in episode 1.
Yep, it's appeared in the background once or twice and it looked like it was the picture in the watch as well (starting to wonder if it's a painting of Takuto's mother then, no real reason except that it's a rather personal place to keep a picture).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 19:12   Link #947
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnavion View Post
Plot seems to be easy to figure out after Ep 6. Heavy spoiler-ific speculation ahead.

Spoiler for Read at own risk:

Also, hello everyone. That was my first post
Welcome. The major problem with this is that Takuto knew both his father and grandfather so unless his mother took off with Sugata and a sizable amount of money then it doesn't work. So they could still be twins(non-identical) but it would have been Sugata who was sent off. It would be interesting though that the initially cold brother became more outgoing and the outgoing brother became colder.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 19:40   Link #948
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Spoiler for episode 6:
Old 2010-11-07, 19:48   Link #949
HandofFate

episode 6 of Star Driver was kind of crazy, and lots of stuff seemed to be happening at the same time.

Spoiler for 6 thoughts:
Old 2010-11-07, 19:51   Link #950
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman.exe213 View Post
Spoiler for episode 6:
Spoiler for sam?:
Old 2010-11-07, 20:24   Link #951
Jarmel

I actually expected today to be either the day his mother died or his father left(I would lol if it was both). He seemed to be somewhat depressed when he looked at that watch. Also the picture in the watch makes me wonder if that was his mother and that's his father's pocketwatch(makes the most sense).

I'm still fully expecting Sugata to be the final boss. The maidens don't have to die for the cybodies to leave the island so Sugata could possibly beat Takuto in the 13th episode in an effort to set Wako free. Tauburn seems to be based off a European knight so I guess it could fit into the theme of a revolution. I wonder if the King Cybody is going to having anything to do with Louis XIV and be solar-powered or some other nonsense.

One thing I did notice is that Takuto did wonder what his first phase was so maybe his personality shift could not be related as the shift wasn't such a big deal that he wondered what happened.

That instrumental version is godly.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 21:01   Link #952
Key Board
Carbon

Perhaps the 1st phase ability is based on subconscious desires

Midori -> wanting to be young again
Ondine -> wanting to get rid of all the outsiders?
Takuto -> being someone other than yourself?

how this, Takuto is the manifestation of Sugata's 1st phase ability?
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 21:34   Link #953
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Perhaps the 1st phase ability is based on subconscious desires

Midori -> wanting to be young again
Ondine -> wanting to get rid of all the outsiders?
Takuto -> being someone other than yourself?

how this, Takuto is the manifestation of Sugata's 1st phase ability?
Hmm I doubt that. Pretty sure they confirmed Sugata's ability to be the King's Pillar. Even if Sugata is special I can't imagine he has two abilities especially one that creates an entire person.

A lot of mysterious around Takuto. That scar especially makes me wonder. It was said that no one had seen a mark that came out on top of a scar before. So it probably isn't related to him for apprivoising off the island. Though it still could be connected. Maybe the personality change idea is right since something had to happen that made him go from being a closed person to who we see now.
Old 2010-11-07, 21:48   Link #954
faythz
I.G

Pocket watch , King Cybodies , New song , Same birthday , Fish Girl Story, first phase
it's too much in 1 episode , nice episode

the question keep piling up, yet the answer still a little
faythz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 23:42   Link #955
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Hey where can I request Star driver avatars?
Old 2010-11-08, 04:57   Link #956
Lumir

Pretty serious episode. Kinda lame how each person with a king cy-body goes into a comma after apprivosing. I mean sugata didnt even physically form his cy-body, it just wiped everything around him out with the exception of protecting his friends.

Anyways like some others have already said i suspect that the 2 main guys are going to have to fight in the near future. Same birthdays, 1 girl in the mix, looks to be a set up of plot.
Old 2010-11-08, 10:25   Link #957
Nosauz

decent episode epseically after last weeks horrendous episode. I mean really, but still this felt very hackneyed.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 11:25   Link #958
Funkatron
Highly irregular

To me it seems like King Author's story all over again.

Takuto: Lancelot. I think the Ginga Bishonen is meant as the knight to protect the King
Sugata: Oviously the King
Wako: The Queen aka Gwenivere who seems to be falling for the knight.

Of course, this is wild guessing on my part.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 11:38   Link #959
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
Pretty serious episode. Kinda lame how each person with a king cy-body goes into a comma after apprivosing. I mean sugata didnt even physically form his cy-body, it just wiped everything around him out with the exception of protecting his friends.

Anyways like some others have already said i suspect that the 2 main guys are going to have to fight in the near future. Same birthdays, 1 girl in the mix, looks to be a set up of plot.
FISH GIRL'S story in the 3 ep.:

"There was only one ship that could sail from the fish planet out into the galaxy.
That ship belonged to a king."
(That's what kind of power has King's Cybody. It's not for combat. It's purpose is to TRAVEL-maybe eternal sleeping isn't sleeping at all)
(Head) "A king's ship... a good ship like that isn't just going to fall into your hands."
"Right. But one day, the king issued a proclamation."
"Whoever defeated the Squid Emperor and brought back his blue blood would have any wish granted."
"You see, on the fish planet, there was a Squid Emperor who ravaged the land as he pleased every night."
(Head) "It's not tasty at all..."(the same thing fish girl said about Squid Emperor's blue blood - juice)
"The boy, Sam, resolved himself to defeat the Squid Emperor and get the ship that could sail into the galaxy."
"So the adventure of life goes on."
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 11:56   Link #960
klare

so Wako actually likes both guys?

looks like Sugata and Takuto are related

i always thought Sugata is the final boss for Takuto (red vs blue) but eps 6 seems to lower that possiblity
klare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen