AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-23, 21:31   Link #1321
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yes, and lets ignore everyone else's feelings. Its how she wants it, when she wants it and where she wants it.

Dokun dokun dokun~ I sing for Alto kun~

- Tak
Dude he was joking. Humor.
Old 2008-08-23, 21:32   Link #1322
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Yes, and lets ignore everyone else's feelings. Its how she wants it, when she wants it and where she wants it.

- Tak
its kinda ironic though that the show used her (ranka) song as a background during alto x sheryl moment in eps 20

and to be interrupted by her too...
Old 2008-08-23, 21:32   Link #1323
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Dude he was joking. Humor.
So was I.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-23, 21:35   Link #1324
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
its kinda ironic though that the show used her (ranka) song as a background during alto x sheryl moment in eps 20

and to be interrupted by her too...
Welll I have to disagree with that thought of irony.

Considering the location was Ranka's live... And they decided to hold eachother and say romantic things during it on the rooftop.

[Insert Ranka's slap to the face here]

[Insert PHYSICAL slap to the face follow-up here]

[Insert victorious cackling]
Old 2008-08-23, 21:41   Link #1325
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
So was I.

- Tak
Ahh. See he posted with a little smiley thingy. Plus the post right after yours quoting yours was so serious it removed any humor that existed. gomenasai
Old 2008-08-23, 21:42   Link #1326
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Ahh. See he posted with a little smiley thingy. Plus the post right after yours quoting yours was so serious it removed any humor that existed. gomenasai
*Sigh* and I even added a rhyme at the end too! Man, I wasted my effort

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-23, 22:11   Link #1327
herbert

This is said to be a screencap from Blu-ray Macross Zero, which adds some objects the origial Zero doesn't have.

I'm not sure if it's truely official. It maybe photoshoped though.
Old 2008-08-23, 22:18   Link #1328
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post

This is said to be a screencap from Blu-ray Macross Zero, which adds some objects the origial Zero doesn't have.

I'm not sure if it's truely official. It maybe photoshoped though.
yup it's official

heres my screenshot

Spoiler for M0:
Old 2008-08-23, 22:23   Link #1329
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
yup it's official

heres my screenshot

Spoiler for M0:
Well well... I recognize those pieces there.

So, what does this mean besides the fact that Zero and Frontier are obviously linked in the same timeline?

I'm not familiar with Zero, but I don't mind a good explanation of why Sheryl has/had the earrings.
Old 2008-08-23, 22:26   Link #1330
cerrian

ohhh....the possibilities...

If Sheryl does turn out to be biologically related to Mao (or even Sara!) then the writers had best prepare a damn good reason as to why Sheryl was found as an street urchin cause revealing her parentage as a coincidence would be nothing more than a poor exercise in deus ex machina.

Last edited by cerrian; 2008-08-24 at 00:49.
Old 2008-08-23, 22:27   Link #1331
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Well well... I recognize those pieces there.

So, what does this mean besides the fact that Zero and Frontier are obviously linked in the same timeline?

I'm not familiar with Zero, but I don't mind a good explanation of why Sheryl has/had the earrings.
Well Mao Nome is the girl in the picture, the baby in the picture in the picture, is the Leader of the Reseach team of the V- virus in the Macross 117 th fleet, and the one who did something to sheryl's and Ranka
Old 2008-08-23, 22:29   Link #1332
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:

- Tak
If you got a better idea on how to deal with it I'm all ears.

The Vajra are pretty much invincible monsters that will stop at nothing till Frontier is dead. They can barely keep them at bay and the last thing they need is a little girl getting upset because she can't get what she wants.

Though on the other hand Sherly is dying from a virus that is transmitted through bodily fluids.

So Alto is kinda screwed eitherway.

If he goes with Sherly, he's dead and everyone else on Frontier's dead because little miss green haired girl will be upset and want to die.

If he goes with Ranka, well, huh I guess it wouldn't be too bad but he'll have to keep her happy at all times.

A shame that when Ranka feels like dying the Vajra don't feel like dying either. Dammit bugs follow your queen to the word!
Old 2008-08-23, 23:14   Link #1333
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
If you got a better idea on how to deal with it I'm all ears.
Ranka can attempt to directly communicate with the Vajra like she did previously to find out what they want, and indicate that destroying Frontier is against her wishes.

Or she can act professionally, learn better self-control over her emotions so that they don't get in her way of being a Vajra herder and master her control over the Vajra like a good little pawn.

Or get Grace to give her antidepressants or a lobotomy to keep her artificially happy so that her emo moods don't kill everyone.

Or failing all these, as a Vajra magnet, she can have the decency to remove herself away from Frontier so that she'll not be the death of everyone like Sara Nome before her.

Pandering to her, deliberately encouraging her dependency on Alto and stunting her emotional growth is the worst possible solution ever. Can you imagine that kind of relationship?

Giving the wrong answer to "Honey, does this dress make my ass look fat?" means that her horde of Vajra fans are going on a rampage in the neighborhood.

Not to mention Alto will hold a grudge against her forever for being shipped with her for that kind of artifical relationship, which she'll eventually pick up on, and it's back to square one again.

Or if Alto has a quarrel with her. Or if Alto dies. Because "Happily ever after" is just a metaphor.
Old 2008-08-23, 23:17   Link #1334
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Ranka can attempt to directly communicate with the Vajra like she did previously to find out what they want, and indicate that destroying Frontier is against her wishes.

Or she can act professionally, learn better self-control over her emotions so that they don't get in her way of being a Vajra herder and master her control over the Vajra like a good little pawn.

Or get Grace to give her antidepressants or a lobotomy to keep her artificially happy so that her emo moods don't kill everyone.

Or failing all these, as a Vajra magnet, she can have the decency to remove herself away from Frontier so that she'll not be the death of everyone like Sara Nome before her.

Pandering to her, deliberately encouraging her dependency on Alto and stunting her emotional growth is the worst possible solution ever. Can you imagine that kind of relationship?

Giving the wrong answer to "Honey, does this dress make my ass look fat?" means that her horde of Vajra fans are going on a rampage in the neighborhood.

Not to mention Alto will hold a grudge against her forever for being shipped with her for that kind of artifical relationship, which she'll eventually pick up on, and it's back to square one again.

I... I sadly have to agree... Plus, that's a fantastic scenario.

"Alto! Let's go out to dinner tonight!"
"Mehhh... I'm too tired Ranka... Another night?"
*Growls from outside.* "Hum? Did you say something hun?"
"Er... What did you have in mind?!"
Old 2008-08-23, 23:21   Link #1335
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post

I... I sadly have to agree... Plus, that's a fantastic scenario.

"Alto! Let's go out to dinner tonight!"
"Mehhh... I'm too tired Ranka... Another night?"
*Growls from outside.* "Hum? Did you say something hun?"
"Er... What did you have in mind?!"
What'd be even funnier if she wasn't even aware of it at all. Everyone knows it except for her
Old 2008-08-24, 01:41   Link #1336
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
ohhh....the possibilities...

If Sheryl does turn out to be biologically related to Mao (or even Sara!) then the writers had best prepare a damn good reason as to why Sheryl was found as an street urchin cause revealing her parentage as a coincidence would be nothing more than a poor exercise in deus ex machina.
I should really make you all say "Oh, Magnus told us so!" everytime you seem to just now have had this realization. I have been making theories about this two weeks ago. ^^ Against heavy "Oh, noes! This would just be too complicated!" resistance, if I may say so.

And itīs easy to make the connection. Sheryl is from the 117th, so when the 117th got shot down she got lost on Galaxy until Grace found her again.

Or Grace had her under supervision all along after the 117th went down and let her get into that situation in the alley, so that Sheryl would be easier to form along the ways Grace wanted her to be.

Itīs not really difficult to imagine scenarios of how she got to be the (grand)daughter of Mao and ended up in the alley. She might even be the daugter of Ranshe Mei, itīs not spelled out yet if Mao and Ranshe are related.
Old 2008-08-24, 02:26   Link #1337
aneeshadc

Quote:
*Sigh* and I even added a rhyme at the end too! Man, I wasted my effort

- Tak
well, if it makes u feel better, I found it funny.
Old 2008-08-24, 04:46   Link #1338
pato

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I should really make you all say "Oh, Magnus told us so!" everytime you seem to just now have had this realization. I have been making theories about this two weeks ago. ^^ Against heavy "Oh, noes! This would just be too complicated!" resistance, if I may say so.

And itīs easy to make the connection. Sheryl is from the 117th, so when the 117th got shot down she got lost on Galaxy until Grace found her again.

Or Grace had her under supervision all along after the 117th went down and let her get into that situation in the alley, so that Sheryl would be easier to form along the ways Grace wanted her to be.

Itīs not really difficult to imagine scenarios of how she got to be the (grand)daughter of Mao and ended up in the alley. She might even be the daugter of Ranshe Mei, itīs not spelled out yet if Mao and Ranshe are related.

Maybe the one who is only an experiment with fake recollections is Ranka. That, of course, assuming that Ranshe is related to both Sheryl and Mao. By the way, I just watched Zero BD version and I can also confirm that Sheryl's rings are indeed there, which strongly points out to a close relationship between Sheryl and Mao.

I wonder now whether is possible for Sheryl to cure herself, given that she has a very special blood, but that's only speculation on my side. My 2 cents. Before I go back lurking, does anybody knows what happen to Macross World? seems to be down.

Old 2008-08-24, 04:56   Link #1339
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post

Or if Alto has a quarrel with her. Or if Alto dies. Because "Happily ever after" is just a metaphor.
all my point has been taken by yours truly...

dang that was classic "Honey, does this dress make my ass look fat?"
Old 2008-08-24, 07:15   Link #1340
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
then what would become of Alto><Sheryl pairing's future looks like?
(sorry, lack of imagination here, not in a bad way)
Closed Thread

Tags
characters