AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 26 30.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 21.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 12.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-27, 02:58   Link #101
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Also can't wait for that insert song to be released....

And ugh...GROUP.....well someone's gotta take care of the shitty jobs of Aleister...
Old 2011-03-27, 04:32   Link #102
judasmartel
*Author

But man, Skill-Outs may be level 0 espers, but hey, they have tactical advantage even against some of the powerful espers.

Spoiler:

Gosh, can't wait to see Level 5's getting owned by level 0's! The other way around is fine, too. Accel's a hard hitter for a Level 5, after all.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 05:13   Link #103
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Touma needs english, seriously
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 05:26   Link #104
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
But man, Skill-Outs may be level 0 espers, but hey, they have tactical advantage even against some of the powerful espers.

Spoiler:

Gosh, can't wait to see Level 5's getting owned by level 0's! The other way around is fine, too. Accel's a hard hitter for a Level 5, after all.
That's only one guy, you make it sound like they're all that leet.

While there are some really skilled individuals, More often than not Skill-Outs are just a group of barely organized thugs. Cut off the head, and the rest would run back to their hole.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 05:34   Link #105
judasmartel
*Author

Okay, okay. It's just one person, all right. Maybe it's me awestruck at him or something.

But nonetheless, Skill-Out members are level 0 espers, so they should have been training very hard to stand even a little chance against powerful espers by using their tactical advantage since espers would more likely rely on their powers than fight at least one of them in hand-to-hand combat.
Old 2011-03-27, 05:43   Link #106
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Okay, okay. It's just one person, all right. Maybe it's me awestruck at him or something.

But nonetheless, Skill-Out members are level 0 espers, so they should have been training very hard to stand even a little chance against powerful espers by using their tactical advantage since espers would more likely rely on their powers than fight at least one of them in hand-to-hand combat.
Skill-Out members are essentially delinquents, so you can expect them to behave like delinquents. Without a strong leader to get them in line, they can never put any of those tactics to use. Yes they can use trickery and numbers to defeat Espers, but the conditions for the Espers in return to defeat them is far too easy.

There's no rule that states people with powers can't use tactics and weapons either, nor do they only work together. Musujime alone could have wrecked the entire base if the boss character wasn't there.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 05:50   Link #107
judasmartel
*Author

So that reminds me of a phrase that says:

"The leader of the blind is he who can see with one eye."

Or something like that.
Old 2011-03-27, 06:42   Link #108
Tokugashi
Masou-shouju/Zombie/Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Why not read em. They reek of epicness
Because, I'm not a big fan of all the religious slander, but I can tolerate it to an extent.
Tokugashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 06:56   Link #109
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokugashi View Post
Because, I'm not a big fan of all the religious slander, but I can tolerate it to an extent.
slander? What do you mean?
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 07:09   Link #110
judasmartel
*Author

Ah, he meant those references to actual religions such as the Anglican Church, the Russian Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church.

This series may not sound good in countries that say, have majority of people as adherents of Christianity, depending on the sect.

This could be a problem if the country you're talking about is a predominantly Roman Catholic one. Because ToAru depicts the magical faction of the Roman Catholic Church (which I believe the Church has organized to fight against the "enemies of God" which can only be dealt with by occult means) as the antagonists, I am expecting devout Roman Catholics (and I mean the real devout ones) to protest vigorously on this one, when in fact the ToAruVerse is only fiction, and does reflect the dark side of the Roman Catholic Church to some extent.

Recall The Da Vinci Code if you don't believe me.

I'm not sure how the real Anglican Church receive of this, but I don't think its devout believers won't receive it nicely, even though they are depicted as the protagonists, since it deals with magic, which is not actually a turn-on when talking about religion.

Judaism, for one, rejects the occult, and since all Christian religions actually have some ideas of Judaism within it, such as this rejection of the occult, naturally, a true devout Christian will definitely dismiss magic, white (Index and the Roman Catholic battle nuns) or black (Stiyl, Sherry, and Oriana) as the work of the Devil. Even if it's just fiction.

Fortunately, I think ToAru isn't flamed that much in Japan, since Christians are only a minority there, AFAIK.

Spoiler for :

Last edited by judasmartel; 2011-03-27 at 07:22.
Old 2011-03-27, 07:18   Link #111
tsunade666

Quote:
This could be a problem if the country you're talking about is a predominantly Roman Catholic one. Because ToAru depicts the magical faction of the Roman Catholic Church (which I believe the Church definitely has, purposely to counter the activities of the supposed "enemies of God" which are can only be dealt with by occult means) as the antagonists, I am expecting devout Roman Catholics (and I mean the real devout ones) to protest vigorously on this one, when in fact the ToAruVerse is only fiction, and does not necessarily reflect the dark side of the Roman Catholic Church in any extent.

nah, it actually shows the dark side of roman catholic church in the past. If you look at history books. Roman Catholic spreads across the whole world while the Spaniards continue their conquer. Plus in the past. There are relative documentation about burning people alive due to being accuse as workers of devil or witch/sorcerers.
Old 2011-03-27, 07:20   Link #112
judasmartel
*Author

Hmmm. Indeed. It's like showing the Church's dark side in the past in the present times. And it's not like there's a way we can tell whether the Church is corrupt or not nowadays.
Old 2011-03-27, 08:23   Link #113
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
[/B]

nah, it actually shows the dark side of roman catholic church in the past. If you look at history books. Roman Catholic spreads across the whole world while the Spaniards continue their conquer. Plus in the past. There are relative documentation about burning people alive due to being accuse as workers of devil or witch/sorcerers.
Then again, Gakuen Toshi is hardly any better...worse in some cases in fact....
Old 2011-03-27, 09:13   Link #114
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Science and magic do things differently. Both sides will have their good and bad parts
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 12:11   Link #115
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
The episode itself was all over the place... but had a couple of redeeming moments.

Cute Hyouka in the beginning... unfortunately that scene should have been in the last episode, but hey, I won't compaining after being mesmerized for two months by another character's oversized bust leading the storytelling

As for the best part... Himegami devouring and choking on Touma's meat on stick.

Honourable mention to Seiri throwing Touma off for ogling her breast by noting that unlike Himegami she is wearing a front hook bra, so his trick won't work on her
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 12:31   Link #116
Primary Consult

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
Science and magic do things differently. Both sides will have their good and bad parts
Exactly... The various churches and Academy City are all shown to be shades of gray. Same with GROUP, ITEM and Skillout. It's also what makes this show great, very few characters clearly fit into the simple "good guys" or "bad guys" classifications. Think of Awaki in eps 6-7, her actual goal wasn't evil at all... but for whatever reason she decided to make an enemy of Mikoto and blatantly flaunted the possibility of SISTERs being restarted as a byproduct, which is what led to her downfall and puppet status as a member of GROUP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
As for the best part... Himegami devouring and choking on Touma's meat on stick.
Technically it was a potato, but I see what you did thar...
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 20:22   Link #117
Karna
just some guy

Animation this episode was pretty bad. They completely screwed up Acqua's design. It looks like he hasn't eaten in months.
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 21:03   Link #118
Tokugashi
Masou-shouju/Zombie/Ninja

Wow, thanks for the explanations guys! Really put things in perspective. I gave rep to those who helped the most.

Being a man of God myself, I can tolerate this show because I don't like to label myself as Christian or anything else because that would put me in the same boat as all the hypocrits(spelling) who call themselves Christians.

But that aside, I enjoy the show, it's just seems to me like they made the show to promote anti-Christian themes. For instance, the Liber Al Vegis or Book of the Law as well as HUNDREDS of other themes including but not limited to, the symbols that the magicians write, the references to Nephilim etc. This is a lot of religious jargon that most people don't know about, but it all links back to the satanic studies of Aliester Crowley, who had a character named after him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliester_Crowley

The symbols that the magicians write are actual spiritual summons made by Crowley. Not only that but like I said before, Crowley was the actual publisher of the Liber Al Vegis. His parents even called him "The Beast" because of how evil he is. Even though it's wrapped in conspiracy, he is believed a member of the O.T.O(look it up).

This is real stuff people and it shouldn't be fooled around with. Educate yourselves.
Tokugashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 21:12   Link #119
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokugashi View Post
Wow, thanks for the explanations guys! Really put things in perspective. I gave rep to those who helped the most.

Being a man of God myself, I can tolerate this show because I don't like to label myself as Christian or anything else because that would put me in the same boat as all the hypocrits(spelling) who call themselves Christians.

But that aside, I enjoy the show, it's just seems to me like they made the show to promote anti-Christian themes. For instance, the Liber Al Vegis or Book of the Law as well as HUNDREDS of other themes including but not limited to, the symbols that the magicians write, the references to Nephilim etc. This is a lot of religious jargon that most people don't know about, but it all links back to the satanic studies of Aliester Crowley, who had a character named after him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliester_Crowley

The symbols that the magicians write are actual spiritual summons made by Crowley. Not only that but like I said before, Crowley was the actual publisher of the Liber Al Vegis. His parents even called him "The Beast" because of how evil he is. Even though it's wrapped in conspiracy, he is believed a member of the O.T.O(look it up).

This is real stuff people and it shouldn't be fooled around with. Educate yourselves.
I think in going to like u
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 21:15   Link #120
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's not really promoting anti-Christian beliefs.
Just like Touma, the show presents the idea that

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Law of Character Alignment Relativity
There is no such thing as an absolute protagonist or antagonist. These roles change and vary according to frame of reference.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote