AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-01, 02:21   Link #2121
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Thank Dreyakis for the translation and happy new year to you as well.

@Chimurry, there summaries at jcafe.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2013-01-01, 02:28   Link #2122
Chimurry

Thanks!!, Happy New Year to everyone and thanks for the chapter.
Old 2013-01-01, 02:40   Link #2123
whsie

There is some new info on Maya Yotsuba's magic from Volume 8 (same as Web 4 that I summarized). It explains some interesting details and why this magic is among the strongest in the world.

The official name is Meteor Line.
Spoiler for Meteor Line:

Also, I've checked. There is indeed a chapter of the young Yotsuba sisters. It's named the "Untouchables". I didn't read it all, but I've glanced over the ending and I could tell that it matched the summary given by someone earlier. In other words, it's not a story with a happy ending.

Last edited by whsie; 2013-01-01 at 02:59.
Old 2013-01-01, 02:55   Link #2124
kfcpanda

tyty both dreyakis and whsie

so in the end, it's sorta like a system of checks and counters eh?
for the powers described after all
tatsuya's rock
maya's scissors
juumonji's paper
Old 2013-01-01, 03:05   Link #2125
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
tyty both dreyakis and whsie

so in the end, it's sorta like a system of checks and counters eh?
for the powers described after all
tatsuya's rock
maya's scissors
juumonji's paper
That's what I got out of it. Of course, this is talking about them purely from a magic standpoint. True fights take in other factors. A crippled old man with Phalanx will simply not beat a young, athletic, in-his-prime magician with Disintegration.

But yes, the magic in themselves seems to have a triangle rock, paper, scissors relation.
Old 2013-01-01, 03:06   Link #2126
Chimurry

About Meteor:

Spoiler for R/ Meteor:
Old 2013-01-01, 03:16   Link #2127
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
About Meteor:

Spoiler for R/ Meteor:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-01-01, 03:29   Link #2128
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for doubt:

BTW:
Spoiler for Maya and Miya:
Old 2013-01-01, 03:29   Link #2129
cyberdemon

Quote:
About Meteor:

Spoiler for R/ Meteor:
Spoiler for clan:

Quote:
Spoiler for doubt:
That part hasn't been translated yet
Old 2013-01-01, 03:38   Link #2130
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for clan:

That part hasn't been translated yet
Well its said Maya was against Tatsuya and Miyuki being close, thats why even they live under the same roof they dont see very often until the accident 3 years ago, even Tatsuya say he dont rememner nothing b4 the accident.

Q about the translate: about the tank??
Old 2013-01-01, 03:44   Link #2131
whsie

Quote:
Spoiler for doubt:

BTW:
Spoiler for Maya and Miya:
Not sure about the status of the BT translations. Not keeping tracking of it. Again, I'm going off of a blurry memory. I could be wrong, but it's there in my mind. Shortly after, the 101st Battalion arrives so the topic is dropped. It's very possible I'm combining two incidents together, but I'm too lazy to check on the text now. Nevertheless, Mayumi's reaction really stood out to me.

I believe the raws are out for the Japanese at the usual site. The chinese translations are also done, so likewise, the same sites.

Yes for the second part.
Old 2013-01-01, 03:47   Link #2132
kfcpanda

that part has been scanned.

it's like early in volume 3, the trip to the 9 schools comp
Old 2013-01-01, 03:57   Link #2133
Chimurry

Quote:
Not sure about the status of the BT translations. Not keeping tracking of it. Again, I'm going off of a blurry memory. I could be wrong, but it's there in my mind. Shortly after, the 101st Battalion arrives so the topic is dropped. It's very possible I'm combining two incidents together, but I'm too lazy to check on the text now. Nevertheless, Mayumi's reaction really stood out to me.

I believe the raws are out for the Japanese at the usual site. The chinese translations are also done, so likewise, the same sites.

Yes for the second part.
Could be you talk different event.
Well, dont worry, BT its on vol 6 chapter 2 and looks like this 2 vols involve battles (vol 8 its before high school), so far if I understand translate source are from Dengeki, I think this project its like SAO (web publish novel) so I dont know its there "versons" or different approaches, like say: I reading manga right now and the spin off seems to cover "holes" of the BT and the offcial manga or bettter say the main plot, so they dont deviate the main plot, more than that they enrich the history, something I really like.

To be honest, I ready appointed in the case of MayumixTatsuya I think BT version leave to many story holes so its hard to understad better the caracters interaction, I know its come from the author, I just saying the point.

EDIT: THE TANK INCIDENT Sorry my mistake, you said "Yokohama Incident" and I was refering the "Fuji Incident", I think there lies the misunderstanding, so probably vol 6 or 7, not yet translated.
Old 2013-01-01, 04:10   Link #2134
whsie

Quote:
that part has been scanned.

it's like early in volume 3, the trip to the 9 schools comp
The trip to the 9 Schools Competition is the bus incident (volume 3). I definitely remember that one. It was the one where Tatsuya forcibly swept away 10-some magics with his gram demolition. Mayumi later made a remark on it at the Monolith Code Competition with Mari.

The tank incident from my memory (which can be wrong), is one where Mayumi perceived Tatsuya's action and was in a state of shock at what just happened. She knew what happened, but didn't know what magic Tatsuya used. This should be volume 7 or Web 3 if you have the summaries.
Old 2013-01-01, 04:22   Link #2135
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
The tank incident from my memory (which can be wrong), is one where Mayumi perceived Tatsuya's action and was in a state of shock at what just happened. She knew what happened, but didn't know what magic Tatsuya used. This should be volume 7 or Web 3 if you have the summaries.
Are you referring to the
Spoiler for event:
Because it was Katsuto who noticed it disappeared, not Mayumi.
If it's a different incident in the same arc, then it might be Mayumi, though I'm not sure what part it is that you're referring to.
Old 2013-01-01, 04:39   Link #2136
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Are you referring to the
Spoiler for event:
Because it was Katsuto who noticed it disappeared, not Mayumi.
If it's a different incident in the same arc, then it might be Mayumi, though I'm not sure what part it is that you're referring to.
Actually, you may be right. But for some reason, I keep remembering Mayumi's expression. I definitely don't remember any "WTF just happened" reaction from Katsuto. He was pretty serious/calm through the whole ordeal.
Old 2013-01-01, 04:43   Link #2137
kfcpanda

ahh i see.

on another note, it appears that the next chapter will have some mayumi tatsuya undertones, do want
Old 2013-01-01, 04:45   Link #2138
Chimurry

Quote:
The trip to the 9 Schools Competition is the bus incident (volume 3). I definitely remember that one. It was the one where Tatsuya forcibly swept away 10-some magics with his gram demolition. Mayumi later made a remark on it at the Monolith Code Competition with Mari.

No, I dont have, i try search but too much results, will take me sometime, if you have the link I appreciate the PM.

thanks

Spoiler for Tatsuya and Yotsuba Clan:
Old 2013-01-01, 04:52   Link #2139
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Yeah he was calm about it but Katsuto was reacting as to why it disappeared because he said he wouldn't be able to stop it with his magic. At least that's what the summaries say.

The only parts I can think of where Mayumi would be shocked in that arc are:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-01, 04:53   Link #2140
Dreyakis

Quote:
ahh i see.

on another note, it appears that the next chapter will have some mayumi tatsuya undertones, do want
Yes, yes there will be. I've been wracking my brain for the last month trying to get that exact line right.

Click here to see the current progression for the last chapter on Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei!
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings