AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-30, 18:29   Link #1061
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Very true. But what happens when she does eventually find out?
That's a whole other ballgame. Most likely she'll find out when its far too late to do anything to help him. She'll pile on even more stress as a result, but after the storm, there is always a rainbow.

I'm betting she'll find comfort in either Akira/Marie or L-Elf.(That'll be an epic shipping scene if it does happen)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-09-30, 18:35   Link #1062
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
That's a whole other ballgame. Most likely she'll find out when its far too late to do anything to help him. She'll pile on even more stress as a result, but after the storm, there is always a rainbow.

I'm betting she'll find comfort in either Akira/Marie or L-Elf.(That'll be an epic shipping scene if it does happen)
She'll probably be pissed at him. L-Elf knew what was going on and kept it all a secret from her.
Old 2013-09-30, 18:42   Link #1063
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
She'll probably be pissed at him. L-Elf knew what was going on and kept it all a secret from her.
There is always feigning ignorance or Haruto fessing up & saying that he told L-Elf to keep the secret.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-09-30, 18:51   Link #1064
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
There is always feigning ignorance or Haruto fessing up & saying that he told L-Elf to keep the secret.
Doesn't necessarily put him in the clear. I could also see L-Elf saying "Tokishima Haruto requested that I keep it a secret from you so you wouldn't worry about him. I agreed because this way you can focus on your duties as Prime Minister."

I don't see him as the type to feign ignorance. He'll be honest with you or say what he needs to in order to accomplish his goals.
Old 2013-09-30, 18:56   Link #1065
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Doesn't necessarily put him in the clear. I could also see L-Elf saying "Tokishima Haruto requested that I keep it a secret from you so you wouldn't worry about him. I agreed because this way you can focus on your duties as Prime Minister."

I don't see him as the type to feign ignorance. He'll be honest with you or say what he needs to in order to accomplish his goals.
Lol, I totally forgot about his static personality, he'll be painfully honest with her if asked. Well, I'll leave it up to Okuchi, lets see what he does with the reveal.
Old 2013-09-30, 19:03   Link #1066
Xander

Quote:

Dude, that's reading too much into it. The general idea is to put the MCs in a situation where their death will prove to benefit something greater.

Lelouch = The world.
Inori = Saving Shu's life & the world.
Haruto = Ending the curse? (That's of course if he does die)
Except for one little fact...the main character was Shu, not Inori.
Old 2013-09-30, 19:08   Link #1067
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Lol, I totally forgot about his static personality, he'll be painfully honest with her if asked. Well, I'll leave it up to Okuchi, lets see what he does with the reveal.
Well I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a gun on her if she loses any focus on what's important jk jk

Like you said, we'll just have to wait and see what Okouchi-sensei does with it. He's the conductor of the train, we're just along for the ride.
Old 2013-09-30, 19:14   Link #1068
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
They both are main character, they are the hero and heroine respectfully of the anime.

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2013-09-30 at 20:11.
Old 2013-09-30, 19:23   Link #1069
shadow1296

Quote:
fine for shu he sacrificed his vision and the person he loved to save the world would have been his life to if inori didn't save him, its still a self sacrifice story even if he did not lose his life
Old 2013-09-30, 20:04   Link #1070
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Please refer to the below two posts from DevilHigh & Shadow.
  • The MC status was shared by both in Guilty Crown.
  • While Shu didn't die, he still lost his sight & his arm that was infected with the "lost christmas."
  • Inori died, therefore emphasizing Okuchi's trend of having tragic heroes/heroines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
They both are main character, they are hero and heroine respectfully of the of anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
fine for shu he sacrificed his vision and the person he loved to save the world would have been his life to if inori didn't save him, its still a self sacrifice story even if he did not lose his life
Quote:
Well I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a gun on her if she loses any focus on what's important jk jk

Like you said, we'll just have to wait and see what Okouchi-sensei does with it. He's the conductor of the train, we're just along for the ride.
I can actually picture him pointing a gun at her saying "I've come too far for you to disrupt my plans now."...lol

Well, that's basically it, they are both unpredictable characters in respect to their actions. L-Elf's actions, while logical are still unpredictable to a degree (You never know what he's planning to do, or how he'll do it) & Shoko's unorthodox thinking always brings surprises. (Randomness ftw!!!)

So, that is why their interactions are always so interesting to see. Okuchi better take full advantage of their strong points to emphasize that reveal.
Old 2013-09-30, 23:06   Link #1071
Xander

Quote:
Please refer to the below two posts from DevilHigh & Shadow.
  • The MC status was shared by both in Guilty Crown.
  • Inori died, therefore emphasizing Okuchi's trend of having tragic heroes/heroines.
I happen to respectfully disagree with that, since the thought of calling Inori the main character makes me laugh a little. She wasn't nearly developed nor focused enough to qualify. Shu easily had much more screen time than her, and her predicament towards the end removes a lot of what little agency she had before.

Then again, there's also the fact that most of Guilty Crown wasn't even written by Okouchi, actually, but rather by Yoshino. Which takes the floor out from under that comparison.

In any case, I prefer not to speculate about Valvrave since it's too already too crazy as things currently stand. Have fun.
Old 2013-09-30, 23:18   Link #1072
shadow1296

Quote:
Then again, there's also the fact that most of Guilty Crown wasn't even written by Okouchi, actually, but rather by Yoshino. Which takes the floor out from under that comparison.
i will give you he did not write the main story but he did assist on it and wrote several of its screenplays and also yoshino was originally his assistant and assisted on code geass as well so to this point it sort of makes you're argument sort of invalid because you can abviously see his influence in it to a point most people consider it his work so even if he did not officially write the main story he might as well have
Old 2013-09-30, 23:59   Link #1073
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
In any case, I prefer not to speculate about Valvrave since it's too already too crazy as things currently stand. Have fun.
Don't need to get so worked up. Like you said, it's all just speculation from what we can see in the trailer. In no way is it a forgone conclusion. It's just that the phrase "I'll end the curse with us" have a self-sacrificial vibe to it. That's what speculations/ predictions are for, no?
Old 2013-10-01, 02:15   Link #1074
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i know its not the same even in the self sacrifice respect, it does not mean i have to like the fact he is using this self sacrifice theme again even if it is different, i was expressing my displeasure that it looks like its going to happen and the fact its author used the self sacrifice theme before and i should have expected it to happen
However, consider this, if he was really going for the self-sacrifice again. Would he really make it so obvious? With Lelouch, you could probably guess, but this goal was made in the last five episodes. With Inori, her death came so suddenly, and you would think Shu would save her with all the focus on it.
Old 2013-10-01, 02:26   Link #1075
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
Don't need to get so worked up. Like you said, it's all just speculation from what we can see in the trailer. In no way is it a forgone conclusion. It's just that the phrase "I'll end the curse with us" have a self-sacrificial vibe to it. That's what speculations/ predictions are for, no?
You said it right. Though Haruto saying he'll end the curse effuses sacrificial vibes, does not mean he'll die along with the other pilots or the curse he's referrin' to will end with him. Saki lives, and she too bear the curse of immortality. The only difference is that she doesn't experience any kamitsuki urges which I think is part of the curse Haruto is talking of generally.

Plus, Haruto sees it more as a curse than a blessing because he's no longer hyoooman. He'd resigned from being a human, had hurt and assaulted people unconsciously. So yeah, the curse just sucks.

Last edited by Winterson; 2013-10-01 at 02:43.
Old 2013-10-01, 09:09   Link #1076
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Well. let's do this

Long PV

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15...r-4_shortfilms

New lines starting around minute 0:50

Haruto: For now we have no choice but to fight. Even if it is a curse, it's a necessary power
Haruto: There's a lot of things I want to know. About Valvraves, about the reason for the war, and also, about myself.
L-Elf(to Haruto) The contract has already been done. You will always be a someone that lives by preying on others.
Kibukawa: The period between attacks spasms are shortening
Saki: Liar! How can something like this! (She is referring to Haruto being caged)
Shoko: I'll protect the place that everyone can return to
Marie: A friend of a friend is friend. That's what Shoko would say
Pino: Life(your life?) will vanish one day
A-Drei: Don't you think it's destiny?
L-Elf: Feel free if you want to run away. But know that the world will go on without changing
Haruto: If I don't fight, Shoko and the others will..
Cain: Shall I give you a gun salute? ::BANG::
Haruto: Even if I avert my eyes and run away, the world will not change. This curse.. let's us be the ones that end it.
About the PV that I've watched today, I have a feeling that Cain might kill the Emperor of Dorussia and ascend Princess Liselotte into the throne.

Still, it saddens me that ARUS was left out. I guess it's gonna be Dorussia vs JIOR at this point.
Old 2013-10-01, 09:45   Link #1077
Fjoergyn

If the 7 gold is complete with L-Elf and Shoko, the promise of Saki

Liselotte is the more likely to die if L-Elf ends failing in his plans.
Old 2013-10-01, 10:16   Link #1078
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
If the 7 gold is complete with L-Elf and Shoko, the promise of Saki
It's most likely with Haruto
She's really picky about who she socializes with
in Season 1, Haruto was her only real contact
in Season 2, Haruto's body is getting worse, and I think she's can't help but have that on her mind

The other best candidate after that is Shoko, and if so, the context is probably also related to Haruto
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-01, 12:39   Link #1079
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
It's most likely with Haruto
She's really picky about who she socializes with
in Season 1, Haruto was her only real contact
in Season 2, Haruto's body is getting worse, and I think she's can't help but have that on her mind

The other best candidate after that is Shoko, and if so, the context is probably also related to Haruto
So if it dies Haruto another take the place of the 5 fantastic xD. Maybe a new character ?

It seems that nobody is interested in knowing the real name of L-Elf
Old 2013-10-01, 13:43   Link #1080
Key Board
Carbon

I think Golden 7 refer to the founders of the nation

So regardless if they die or not, the the Golden 7 are always those people
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Closed Thread