AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-25, 17:37   Link #1
vampiro

Naruto stronger in the anime?

Is it just me or is naruto much stronger as in the original story?

Also sasuke isn't that much better anymore. It now seems like naruto and sasuke are equal or maybe naruto is even stronger.

(okay, im not talking about the fox, couse in a real match ofcourse naruto would always win)
vampiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 18:06   Link #2
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

i think he's weaker in the filler eps actually as well as sasuke, sakura however has become the incredible Hulk
Old 2004-10-25, 18:37   Link #3
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
i think he's weaker in the filler eps actually as well as sasuke, sakura however has become the incredible Hulk
Oh yeah, I saw when she lifted that heavy wood on the boat. i was
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 18:55   Link #4
BlackDove
Unheard

If you read the manga, you'll understand the part about Sakura.

Errrrrrrr

Filler sucks.

It reverted the characters personalities back in time to when they started. They just have new Jutsu's now.

At this state they've been presented in, both Naruto and Sasuke suck major ass, because those two jutsu's aren't anything "special".

Bah......................
BlackDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 19:10   Link #5
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Why does it have to be called filler? How come not "Supplemental"? There are no anime Episodes in Naruto that I don't like, to dislike any of them is asking to much while not giving due respect, if you still claim to be someone who is likes Naruto that is. I have no doubts that any "manga" arcs will remain faithfull and at the same time I've never been dissatisfied with one chapter to the next where I'd bother other people about it this episode or that.

I'm all for calling the converging anime episodes in between manga arcs, "Supplemental" and not "filler"

I'm already versed in how it works but call it something else that doesn't imply it needs disregarding. I don't read manga so If I didn't read this I would be like "what's filler anyway"

Last edited by kiai; 2004-10-25 at 19:25.
kiai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 20:28   Link #6
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Hmm. Makes sense. What is unsettling about these episodes, regardless of how these episodes are termed "supplemental" or "filler", that they still appeared out of place. The organization, timing, and especially the transition of events within each of these epiosdes seem to be akward and forced, i.e. Kakashi-revealing-his-face episode. Even if one doesn't read the manga (like me ^^) one can still sniff out the difference between the earlier episodes and these "supplemental" ones.

Really? You liked every episode of Naruto? Even the Ino-Sakura's flash-back fight? Although I agree some of these episodes are better than some of the actual filler's from earlier episodes, it will nontheless, be a joyous occasion when the story reverts back to the normal flow.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 21:46   Link #7
Zek
Eyebrows...

Well, Naruto has been getting stronger since the Chuunin exam and Sasuke hasn't. I don't think the filler arc has exaggerated his abilities, with the possible exception of the stupid Rasengan whirlpool...
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 00:55   Link #8
Lone Wolf
Hacker-nin

Send a message via AIM to Lone Wolf
I want to know how they are going to work this back into the 'normal' arc without any major plot holes.
Spoiler for the manga:

Gah, they'll probably just omit that part and change the location...

lonewolf

"You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless"

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!
Lone Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 02:37   Link #9
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiai
Why does it have to be called filler?
Its there to fill up space, isn't very productive to the story, if at all, etc... its a common thing in all anime. This arc just has rehashed plot thats already been used in Naruto, and very likely wont continue on after it is over. Its also something that you could probably skip over and never notice the hole in the series where it was taking up space. Imagine you read a series of books, and one book in that series suddenly has very little progression of the plot to the degree that you could go from the book before it to the book after it without noticing any holes in the plot that would be answered in that book that was in between.

and it is very possible to dislike an episode of Naruto while still liking the series itself. Thats like saying because I think the Buu arc in Dragon Ball Z was gay I can't say I liked the series, when I did (even though people probably think I'm a dumbass for that lol.)
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 10:38   Link #10
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Dont think Sasuke have seen rasengan yet though
Cant be bothered with checking what im saying, have to go back to hell again,Episode 105
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 11:01   Link #11
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Why does it have to be called filler? How come not "Supplemental"? There are no anime Episodes in Naruto that I don't like, to dislike any of them is asking to much while not giving due respect, if you still claim to be someone who is likes Naruto that is. I have no doubts that any "manga" arcs will remain faithfull and at the same time I've never been dissatisfied with one chapter to the next where I'd bother other people about it this episode or that.
You sound like a real Narutard. A reasonable human should doubt and criticize everything, even if it is his favorite show. No ... not just "even", rather "especially" then. There is no way you can like every single episode of a 105 episode long anime if you are not a fanatic of some sort, or otherwise "different".
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 21:02   Link #12
UserName

He is stronger in the anime... for example in the Kabuto fight. They made him seem Jounin speed and strength....
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 17:52   Link #13
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
You sound like a real Narutard. A reasonable human should doubt and criticize everything, even if it is his favorite show. No ... not just "even", rather "especially" then. There is no way you can like every single episode of a 105 episode long anime if you are not a fanatic of some sort, or otherwise "different".
No it's not. It's the other way around sonny. You got it wrong because it's the people who don't like things but "pretend" they do while complaining profouslessly who are the "tards". (I made a word based on what type of human you described, profuse + uselessly).

That's ugly talk you got a case of right there anyway. So buddy, break out the big guns why don't you? How can you "hear" what I "sound" like through the forum. "Meh" I don't even read manga not even Naruto. There you go.

Usually I know if after a few eps if there are going to be ones I don't like and if that happens I know I won't like something so I move on to something that I will. I already knew a long time ago I wasn't going to be bothered by anything in Naruto so how do you like them apples.

It's more to do about how good you are at getting what you want out of something. The people who suffer through are only fooling themselves in the process that they like a series. There are thousands of series, "who" has time to stick to something they don't like? If there are no series that you like all the way then you are unlucky at choosing or it's simply not your style.

Last edited by kiai; 2004-10-27 at 19:58.
kiai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 02:29   Link #14
Palani
///_^

Quote:

I'm all for calling the converging anime episodes in between manga arcs, "Supplemental" and not "filler"

I'm already versed in how it works but call it something else that doesn't imply it needs disregarding. I don't read manga so If I didn't read this I would be like "what's filler anyway"
It's quite obvious why it is called filler and not supplemental. A supplement is something that is added after everything is done. A filler is there to fill time so that they don't progress rapidly enough. The problem with fillers is that they tend to take info from more recent manga arcs
Spoiler for Latest manga Chapters:

and place this in a context where it doesn't fit. This does not make the Filler episdes bad episodes, they were quite amusing. If they were watched as a standalone story, placed in the context of the Naruto storyline however they seem horribly out off place.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 19:48   Link #15
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palani
It's quite obvious why it is called filler and not supplemental. A supplement is something that is added after everything is done. A filler is there to fill time so that they don't progress rapidly enough. The problem with fillers is that they tend to take info from more recent manga arcs
Spoiler for Latest manga Chapters:

and place this in a context where it doesn't fit. This does not make the Filler episdes bad episodes, they were quite amusing. If they were watched as a standalone story, placed in the context of the Naruto storyline however they seem horribly out off place.
Tsunade's strenght wasn't taught... I think it was heridtary as it was said that her grandfather had great strenght too... You can't TEACH strength...
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 21:14   Link #16
Evil_Lurks

Yea you could, weight-lifting man.

I doubt they had it at the time though
Evil_Lurks is offline   Reply With Quote