AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 33 32.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 35.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 15.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.98%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.97%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.98%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-12, 18:47   Link #21
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I just saw a Chinese sub and a couple more things became clear: first, Shinji103 is right and the one Hei thinks he wants to kill is Yin. That came out in his conversation with Madame Oreille, who said: "So you still say you want to kill that doll yourself?" And also when Suou asked Petya/Mao about Yin and was told she was a former friend who now had a "complicated history" with Hei.

But in addition, Hei is upset that Oreille knew everything and didn't tell him, and says he can't trust her and won't work with her again. That's when she says she feels the same since he has too much emotion, and still wants to kill the doll.

Second, the first "extra story" episode, which will be included in DVD2, is going to have a preview stream on the official site on Saturday at 2:25 AM (not sure if that means Friday night or Saturday night, lol; probably Friday). The four special episodes apparently tell the story of what happened between the two series, especially about an attack on Hei and Yin.

By the way, pretty amazing work from the Chinese fansub group Zhuzhu ("Piggy"), getting a sub out about 3.5 hours after the broadcast ended. And it seemed reasonable work, as far as I could check.

EDIT: I just posted in the image thread some of what I think are screencaps from the four new episodes about Hei and Yin. Makes them seen fairly intimate, although Yin still has a doll's distance in her eyes.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-11-12 at 20:00.
Old 2009-11-12, 19:58   Link #22
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Second, the first "extra story" episode, which will be included in DVD2, is going to have a preview stream on the official site on Saturday at 2:25 AM
I have the CM . PM or VM me for link

Edit: Uploaded to Youtube. Link in image thread, since I saw no place else to post it

Last edited by Amirali; 2009-11-12 at 20:13.
Old 2009-11-12, 20:35   Link #23
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Anyone notice that there is not Hei in the preview?, that and Suou in school uniform makes me think that maybe this image is about to come

Last edited by Vanehei; 2009-11-12 at 20:49.
Old 2009-11-12, 20:47   Link #24
dear4life
Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanehei View Post
Anyone notice that there is not Hei in the preview?, that and Suou in school uniforme makes me think that maybe this image is about to come
I was only thinking that Hei was going to at least shave, but that would be even better. It was great to see him cooking again.

I love how Mao was sitting like a human in that squirrel body of his. I was cracking up.
Old 2009-11-12, 21:39   Link #25
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
I think Yin is 17, 18, and now, probably close to 20.

Hei/Suou is kinda wrong, though. Way too young. Misaki wouldn't be a bad choice, I suppose, but Hei has no feelings whatsoever for her unless the plot shifts and makes them buddies or something.

Yin in a box, like most people thought. Good to know, although it does look a bit ridiculous. I don't think she comes out of that box alive, though.
Love the one you're with. Of course Suou is going to be jealous. She is a girl after all.

It'll get worse when Hei shaves I bet.
Old 2009-11-12, 21:41   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dear4life View Post
...I love how Mao was sitting like a human in that squirrel body of his. I was cracking up.
Me, too:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-11-12, 21:43   Link #27
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
CALLED IT. I so knew Yin would be in that box. I'll certainly admit that I fanboyed quite a bit as they just kept saying hint after hint after hint throughout the episode that it was Yin in the box. So it looks like Yin really could be being manipulated into doing something and Hei is out to stop her from being manipulated the only way he can think of, or she already did something that he can't forgive her for. Personally, I believe it's the former; if so, she apparently isn't being completely manipulated. And I'd say HeixYin is definitely a possibility now. Bones already threw up a couple flags, and she only came back (sort of) just this episode. Plus, when you put that together with screenshots of the DtB 2 DVD/Blu-Ray extras, posted in the Yin character thread......

But..........did they just raise a couple SuouxHei flags on us??!! When Suou was thinking about what it's like to love someone, she thought about how Hei had said her name for the first time this episode. Then she kicked the water/snow where Yin's observer spirit had appeared and looked like was hugging Hei. And on a smaller level, she makes a deal with Hei that she won't shoot anymore if he doesn't drink............

Huh.

Anyway, nice to know that Bones didn't embarass me by retconning Hei's statement in the episode 3 epilogue though. Now we just need to find out what happened in the first place....

Next episode shows Suou in what looks like a school girl's uniform? What the heck is going on there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dear4life View Post
I love how Mao was sitting like a human in that squirrel body of his. I was cracking up.
Me, too:

Count me in on that.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2009-11-12 at 21:55.
Old 2009-11-12, 22:10   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Haaa~h? Well, that was a disappointment... The whole Norio thing finished up too forcibly... We get his mother just... instantly killed by one of those spirit things that shouldn't be able to something like that. And Norio somehow manages to misunderstand that Suou did that. When obviously, her ability is to materialize a gun and use it.
Too forced...
The very last scene wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so badly done...

And do we need the reused magical girl transformation animation everytime?

And Suou's impression of Hei changed too fast. So all of a sudden, she's now jealous?
And what is with the outfit change? Black tights for the win, right, Staff?!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-11-12, 22:18   Link #29
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Haaa~h? Well, that was a disappointment... The whole Norio thing finished up too forcibly... We get his mother just... instantly killed by one of those spirit things that shouldn't be able to something like that. And Norio somehow manages to misunderstand that Suou did that. When obviously, her ability is to materialize a gun and use it.
Too forced...
The very last scene wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so badly done...
Well here, I'd have to point out that a) for all we know right now, this could be exactly what Yin is being manipulated to do; kill Contractors. (they made a portable version of the killer thingy from S1, so why not use a doll to make a Contractor killer maybe?) Besides, I'm pretty sure Bones is smart enough to realize that we realize that observer spirits normally can't do that, so there's obviously something going on that we don't know about.
And b) for all Norio knows, it could have been Suou; it's not like he's an expert on Contractors or a guy watching the DtB anime like us.

Quote:
And do we need the reused magical girl transformation animation everytime?
This I definitely agree with, of course. Plus, stock animation for the lose.

Quote:
And Suou's impression of Hei changed too fast. So all of a sudden, she's now jealous?
And this too, although I can somehow get behind it (somewhat) at the same time.
Old 2009-11-12, 22:26   Link #30
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I really saw it coming since the first episode about Suou's feelings towards Hei. It could have been that of master-apprentice at first, but come on, Hei doesn't look so bad and she's only 13.

I'm looking forward to when he shaves off and she starts blushing when looking at him.
Old 2009-11-12, 23:35   Link #31
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
Spoilers from a reliable source...

Spoiler for forgottendiary CLICK (added details):

Spoiler for PICS ^_^:
[/QUOTE]

GAAAHHH! Now I can't wait to go home and watch!!! T_T Someone please kidnap me from the office and send me home >.<
Old 2009-11-13, 00:09   Link #32
jonli
JONLIの憂'

The animation quality took a dive this episode. It wasn't too bad but it was noticeable seeing as how awesome the last few episodes were.

Great to see Hei changing, seems like we'll get shaven and good looking Hei back really soon.

Surprised at Suou's reaction, jealousy? Pimp Hei is pimp.
Old 2009-11-13, 00:15   Link #33
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Speaking of pimp Hei, I need to dig up that pic posted in the Image thread of Suou giving Hei a good shave. It's going to happen almost exactly like it did in the comic.

The wait for English subs is killing me. I think I might need to look for Korean subs or something, since that's something I can deal with.
Old 2009-11-13, 00:53   Link #34
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

@serenade_beta: 1. We're not sure Norio is actually finished, but in any case, his role was to awaken Suou to thought about romance. And he wasn't the most fascinating character, anyway, so I'm not upset, myself. His seiyuu really didn't impress me, I must say.
2. Yin as killer is a surprise, but not a shock: there's the dream scene with Yin among all those bodies, and also the fact that Izanami is an anti-contractor weapon.
3. Norio may well not know that contractors only have one ability -- and it is likely that Suou in fact may have more than one, if she imbibed Hei's (i.e., his sister's) powers.
4. Which last scene was badly done? If you mean Norio and Lebanon, I agree wholeheartedly. If you mean Suou, Hei and Yin-ghost, I disagree.
5. Personally, I have nothing whatsoever against recycling footage, if it's effective. And in this case, I think the repetition is now actually increasing the effectiveness, since it feels more and more like a semi-involuntary thing that overcomes her like a seizure, as we see it for the umpteenth time. But I didn't hate it in the first place, anyway, unlike most people. The break it caused in the fight was a bit odd, though.
6. Suou's impression of Hei was already changing at the beginning of the last episode, to my eye. And through both episodes she has been trying to figure out what "love" is, so we have been forewarned. Not that we weren't forewarned from the start by the final image in the ED. For now, I think of it as like a schoolgirl crushing her teacher. Stockholm Syndrome might also be involved, lol. The old hate-is-close-to-love thing.

By the way, for anyone who may be interested, this ep was another written by Okada Mari (true tears). Storyboards by Haraguchi Hiroshi (who directed six eps of Eureka7). The episode director was Sugaya Yuriko (who directed one ep of Naruto Shippuuden, but nothing else I can see). Animation supervision/direction by Watanabe Ruriko (a key animator who animation-directed eps of JyuOhSei and Minamike3) and Matsuoka Kenji (a key animator). So the animation leaders don't seem that experienced as leaders, for one thing. (cf. jonli's post.)

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-11-13 at 02:38.
Old 2009-11-13, 01:06   Link #35
Bombo
TSF Fans

I just watched the episode...I like the last scene when suou kicked the wall

*I feel hei won't kill Yin maybe will protect her and that increase what i'm thinking after hei stop suou shooting the box

Last edited by Bombo; 2009-11-13 at 01:27. Reason: add opinion
Old 2009-11-13, 01:12   Link #36
Haladflire65
*Artist

I really liked this episode... There were some good comedy moments, and I'm starting to warm up to Suou. And finally, Yin! I'm really excited for more.

I also can't wait 'till Hei shaves... I'm still waiting...
Old 2009-11-13, 02:53   Link #37
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
I just watched the episode...I like the last scene when suou kicked the wall
Well just for accuracy, Suou was kicking the water/snow that Yin's observer spirit had appeared from.
Old 2009-11-13, 03:24   Link #38
Freeter
beyond

LOL, when did Suou suddenly become tsundere? Maybe she really is a closet masochist

Someone please shoot Norio already. He's starting to become the anime version of Jar Jar Binks. He'd better play some significant role for all this screentime he's getting.

At least Yin returns to keep things interesting, even if it's her spirit doing most of the action. Looks like Hei still cares for her, otherwise he would've let Suou get a clean shot off. That box is probably going to end up in Shion's hands somehow, heck I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one manipulating her.

Quote:
Next episode shows Suou in what looks like a school girl's uniform? What the heck is going on there?
She's either infiltrating a school, or trying to please her sugar daddy
Old 2009-11-13, 03:34   Link #39
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Someone please shoot Norio already. He's starting to become the anime version of Jar Jar Binks. He'd better play some significant role for all this screentime he's getting.
Hopefully, all this screentime is to build up for the tragic death scene. Instead of the awful alternative of him suddenly developing contractor powers and tagging along as part of the gang.
Old 2009-11-13, 03:48   Link #40
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
She's either infiltrating a school, or trying to please her sugar daddy
They prob need another alias to cool down in. Suou fanboys get their school uniform. Hei fangirls finally get Hei shaved and alcohol free. Hobo Hei becomes Pimp Hei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

And what is with the outfit change? Black tights for the win, right, Staff?!
She's a 13 yo girl. Whenever someone that age announces aloud that they hate you, it's either they really mean it or most likely they hate a certain aspect that they want you to change. I was betting that it was the change your ways part as Hei has saved her life numerous times and wasn't that mean without a reason. (She crossed that thin line.) If she really wanted him dead, she could have found some way to kill him without using her rifle (poison).

Suou prob sees herself as a new partner. It's only natural the the new partner feels that the old partner should stay away.

Suou's strength is shooting objects not living things. So to use her to her maximum abilities, it's better for her to hit targets that aren't alive. Besides she needs to rely on other ways to defend herself and not the rifle. A well placed knife could have gotten her out of that situation probably.

Last edited by orion; 2009-11-13 at 04:23.
Closed Thread