Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-10, 19:36   Link #1241
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
Which Wing manga did he use the Lancaster codename in?
Episode Zero
Old 2010-12-10, 20:55   Link #1242
peacecraft

Just a little update~ I got my backordered issues of Gundam ACE today so I should start scanning and uploading by tomorrow!

Grandfather, roses just don't look good on me either. I'd look better soaked in the blood of OZ!
Relena Darlian, Episode 11 The Whereabouts of Happiness
peacecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 21:02   Link #1243
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecraft View Post
Just a little update~ I got my backordered issues of Gundam ACE today so I should start scanning and uploading by tomorrow!
Thanks, peacecraft. I was starting to feel anxious that we're never gonna get them but thanks to you and Deacon Blues everybody will finally be able to read all the preceding and succeeding chapters. Thumbs!
Old 2010-12-11, 03:16   Link #1244
Long Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Pfff Bond ain't got nothing on Heero
By the way, we never learned about your final verdict. Did you like Wing?
Well I'm glad someone asked what my verdict is. I was kinda hesitant to just jump in and go 'So this is what I think about GW'. To be honest, I haven't finished it yet. I think I was at episode 46 and then I just decided to go back to episode 1 because I wanted to get a tighter grasp on what the fuck is going on. I don't know how else to rate Wing other than compare it to other Gundam series I've seen. So here's what I think:

SEED first half = good
SEED second half = decent
SEED Destiny = SHIT. Seriously people. WTF.
00 season 1 = badass
00 season 2 = badass minus
Wing = badass

But that will probably change when I finish it the second time. Well I'm being honest here.

But I liked what I saw. Although there are times that I got really lost and went WTF that I had to rewind 3 to 4 times. Sometimes because I'm kinda slow and sometimes things are just really fucked.

Because Wing is now in my list of preferred animes, I have a lot to say. So to those who don't want to hear it, better skip this post now or you'll get pissed.

Spoiler for Long long long read:
Long Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 10:09   Link #1245
wingzerosnuggles

When it comes to Gundam, I've mostly watched the nineties stuff.

X has a plot device similar to Frozen Teardrop in it if you look at what happens to Lucille. OMG, that ending theme though. @_@
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy8PupWFS9E

It's 1996, dude. This sounded like it was from the eighties. It reminds me of Peter Cetera's Glory of Love. It grew on me after awhile though. They replaced it halfway through with a female version in Japanese.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b6_2I6M2pI

G has another similarity with Rain getting brainwashed by the Devil Gundam.

Anyway, kinda random. Not going to voice much of my opinion on the other series since I can't exactly relate them to FT. I just find it amusing that similarities can be forged between GW and the series released right before and after it. After all, Wing Gundam's first appearance was in G Gundam.

Spoiler for Rant response:

Also, I just realized...wasn't Relena sort of Heero's teacher during the pacifist school arc? Hot for teacher. xD

Last edited by wingzerosnuggles; 2010-12-11 at 14:23.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 15:18   Link #1246
Samiia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post

Spoiler for Rant Response:

I literally just LOL'D XD That's something I DON'T remember seeing on Toonami! But it's been a while...i need to just order a boxset already -___-

And I don't really get why girls hate Relena, neither. OR why girls would want Heero to be gay? That doesn't really add up to me. Being a fan girl (and at one point smitten with Heero, but who wasn't?) I think Relena is awesome and developed so much in the series, going from being a spoiled girl searching for meaning in her life to a mature and independent young woman who upholds a great responsibility.

Also i think it's important to note that Relena never asked Heero to rescue her (if i remember correctly), QUITE the contrary (yeah, having a standoff with someone in a Mobile suit who wants to kill you takes a HUGE set of balls). He saved/rescued her because he wanted to, even when he thought he NEEDED to kill her.

And I think it's apparent that Heero needed Relena's influence and someone to care about him enough to follow him around and talk him out of fighting/killing himself, considering his past as portrayed in FT. So Relena bashers should take an unbiased look at their relationship because I'm pretty sure if she wasn't there, he would have been dead at the end of the series, IMO :]

I'm starting to think that 'hostile' Relena may not be such a bad thing, btw. Well as far as 1xR goes ;] But i wish i knew what she did...stupid monthly installments!!
Samiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 15:52   Link #1247
wingzerosnuggles

It's from Episode 19.

The summation of my thoughts on fandom bashing Relena:

I'm also wondering how they'll pull off her "hostile" persona for FT. People have to remember that Relena wasn't a goody-goody. Girl was a sharpshooter if episode 11 is any indication. She knows how to handle a gun. She grabbed one from one of her captors in episode 5 and had no qualms about aiming it at them. Makes me think she was trained in self-defense. She had Noin at gunpoint in episode 11. Also, she freaked a bit the first time Heero aimed a gun at her in episode 2 but she quickly adapted following the initial shock of that first time. Staring down a gun in your face is no mean feat. That kind of calm takes a lot of self-control. I think she had training. White Collar has one of their agent characters as being a diplomat's daughter, and she said it was standard practice for children like her to be taught self-defense. Then again, her fighting ability isn't her major strength; it's her political influence. However, if they're going to have her pilot MS, she did kick Kira's ass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK-9S0PXjBU

If she ends up pwning Heero in an MS battle, I will laugh so hard. xD

Last edited by wingzerosnuggles; 2010-12-11 at 16:08.
Old 2010-12-11, 18:05   Link #1248
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
That website really loves making information up... I like the entry for "Unknown MS". Clearly it's the Maganac mobile suits and not mysterious black MS! ~_~
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 18:29   Link #1249
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
The summation of my thoughts on fandom bashing Relena:

I'm also wondering how they'll pull off her "hostile" persona for FT. People have to remember that Relena wasn't a goody-goody. Girl was a sharpshooter if episode 11 is any indication. She knows how to handle a gun. She grabbed one from one of her captors in episode 5 and had no qualms about aiming it at them. Makes me think she was trained in self-defense. She had Noin at gunpoint in episode 11. Also, she freaked a bit the first time Heero aimed a gun at her in episode 2 but she quickly adapted following the initial shock of that first time. Staring down a gun in your face is no mean feat. That kind of calm takes a lot of self-control. I think she had training. White Collar has one of their agent characters as being a diplomat's daughter, and she said it was standard practice for children like her to be taught self-defense. Then again, her fighting ability isn't her major strength; it's her political influence. However, if they're going to have her pilot MS, she did kick Kira's ass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK-9S0PXjBU

If she ends up pwning Heero in an MS battle, I will laugh so hard. xD
Relena changed though. Like, completely changed after she came back from her absence from the early episode 20's. By the time she was back, when she was narrating the first recap episode, she was completely different from how she was at the beginning til her last appearance prior to her return on the recap episode. Lol I just noticed that on the recap episodes, the first one was narrated by Heero and Relena and the second one was by Treize and Lady. *squee* The pairs that I support! xD

Anyway, about the Relena hate. Well they can hate all they want. She's a well-planned character and those who recognise how awesome she is will say she's also very well-written. Plus, her role! Any chick would want to be in those shoes! She started off as the Queen Bee who has her own fanboys and fangirls at school, turned out to be a princess, became THE QUEEN OF THE WORLD, and Space Colonies - whom everybody expected to be a figurehead, btw, but ended up turning the tables thus making you go "BURN you old Romefeller farts!". Heck, even Treize said she is stronger than Heero! And Heero admits that she is! She's surrounded by these 5 gorgeous young men who fight for her beliefs and... any way I look at it, there's also this wonderful classic dilemma that she is in: her brother and Heero are archenemies. And she and Heero have this star-crossed thing going on between them. And yet fate always brings them together [kinda gay when you say it like that but, ya know!]. Shizz my shipping aura is intensifying. LOL. Oh, wait, last... she comes in second after Heero in the CAST LISTING. SECOND! Not Duo, not Treize, not Zechs. RELENA. They hate on her because she's such a threat! OMG I sound antagonising now. Better stop. Everytime I talk about her I just get carried away! LOL. Anyway, go Team Relena!
Old 2010-12-11, 19:15   Link #1250
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

*sigh* While I couldn't feel happier about all the praise Relena is receiving (her owning Kira had me lol), I'm actually dreading her appearance in FT. Considering the way all the other women in the novel have acted so far... I'm not trying to impute misogynism to Sumisawa but I sincerely hope he will convey her awesomeness as it should be and not let her character degenerate to some crazy nutcase trying to take over the world. Naked @_@
Then again, what were the fanfic clichés about Relena?
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 23:58   Link #1251
Samiia

That picture is awesome.

I would love to see her and Heero face off in a mobile suit battle. And i would love to see her WIN, that would be epic :] And i think Relena being hostile sort of even's the playing field for these two and puts them on the same level, because I do believe Heero thinks she's wayyy to good for him ('Just forget about me, Relena. Life is cheap, especially mine!'. Also when he states that Relena stronger than him while he went to save her at...Peacemillion? Am i right?) And just because she's like public enemy number one or whatever, doesn't mean she's necessarilly bad. This series has a lot of gray areas so i'm interested in seeing her intentions behind her doing whatever she did.

But that could all mean nothing if she's not even the same person anymore -___- I'm hoping that Relena learned of her and her brothers past, realizing they're milliardo's memories, and changed, rather than her thinking her brothers memories are hers and becoming rogue without really knowing who she previously was. What i mean is i want her to be consious of her change in mindset rather than her being a victim of a bunch of morons who didn't defrost her right. I hope i am making sense lmao !
Old 2010-12-12, 00:41   Link #1252
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

I am dreading how Sumisawa wrote her in FT as well. While I fell in love with all of Relena's complex character development stages as they're all realistic and deep, I thought she was at her best when she has finally matured. Which was from the first recap episode up until Endless Waltz.

I'm kinda anxious as it seems to me that Sumisawa has written the characters in FT a bit fanfic-ishly to me. A bit OOC. It's like it's the bad fanfics that have gotten into him.

I hope he didn't forget how beautifully he wrote her and that he doesn't write her completely differently in FT. Well she's not herself at the moment, so that's obviously acceptable that he wrote her differently, but if the time comes where in FT she finally goes back to how she was, I hope she goes back to herself that I saw and liked in the series/EW. If he writes her going back to how she was as a pathetic stalker/hopeless romantic like dumbass haters insist she were, or even if he just wrote something that will give more excuses to haters to claim she's like that, I'm gonna skin him alive.
Old 2010-12-12, 02:06   Link #1253
Samiia

Yeahh throwing character development out the window like that would definitely be grating. He already did it to Heero (or so it appears), why not Relena? Heck, maybe he'll actually kill her this time!!! Or not :] But I wouldn't be shocked considering how left field this novel is, imo. All of this is pretty much nooottt what i envisioned happening post EW...I didn't even think they had the technology to freeze people during the series O.O
Old 2010-12-12, 09:54   Link #1254
wingzerosnuggles

Didn't they have Une in a capsule after she was shot? Not sure if she was frozen though.
Old 2010-12-12, 10:41   Link #1255
Washu-Chan