Old 2013-01-16, 12:37   Link #41
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Mihawk? IMPOSSIBRU!!!!!
Old 2013-01-16, 12:50   Link #42
Rainbowman

Love how powerful Nami has become. Almost like Doctor Manhattan of the Watchmen. Speaking of which...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

Tell me what you seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
Love the Rorschach reference. I'm thinking of making a character based on him named Kaleidoscope who would have some sort of connection to Nami.
Old 2013-01-16, 12:59   Link #43
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
white area is obviously mouth...
One does not simply walk into the twisted mind of Eiichiro Oda.

Old 2013-01-16, 13:04   Link #44
ellifeedn
Thinker

One thing I took note of was when Buffalo mentioned the "Donquixote Family".
Old 2013-01-16, 13:22   Link #45
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Robots are only a men's true romance apparently. It's not just Nami and Robin who finds them ridiculous.

Damn though, Baby 5 and Buffalo got destroyed so bad they began to flee. Nice opportunity to let the cowardly duo show off a few moves I suppose.

I do wonder who that silhouetted person is though. It's probably someone new, cause if you ask me if it was somebody we were already aware of, there would be no need for the silhouette.

How much longer till Doflamingo gets there too? Next chapter perhaps...
Old 2013-01-16, 14:15   Link #46
janipani

It's not mihawk I can tell you that right a way, it's not jinbei either... too early for that, Oda is not that hasty writer.

Sabo? Well maybe.. timing fits to equation. But I would assume him to have a smile for some reason.

Ajokiji? Well maybe, but the silhouette is too bulky for his character....

Arch is ending so this could very well be any character from main story line that is unrelated to this or following arch.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2013-01-16, 14:54   Link #47
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
To be fair...Shogun probably puts Franky pretty closer to the Monster Trio in term of fighting ability.
Even so, despite whatever power increase Franky gets with the Shogun, he still didn't have a problem dealing with Baby 5 and Buffalo, which means they're indeed considerably weaker than Vergo either way. Hopefully the subordinates that stayed behind at Dresrosa are more impressive.
Old 2013-01-16, 15:04   Link #48
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

it is Zombie Ace
Old 2013-01-16, 15:54   Link #49
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I'm guessing the mystery character is someone new. As for what happens now, it should be interesting. There's no way Doflamingo can take everyone one on and hope to win, nor is that his objective, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he's somehow able to recover Ceaser and make a quick getaway.
Old 2013-01-16, 15:55   Link #50
Blaat

The speculation surrounding the identity of the mysterious man is pretty damn funny.
Old 2013-01-16, 16:20   Link #51
marvelB

Man, I wanted to give chapter impressions earlier, but I had a doctor's appointment. But now that I've got that out of the way:

Definitely an awesome chapter. Franky, Usopp, and Nami were all great here (even if the latter two WERE using cowardly tactics ). For the record, I already knew that B5 and Buffalo would be weaker than Vergo, but I figured that they might at least be something of a challenge for the mid-tier Straw-Hats. However, I will concede that BDK had a better idea of their level than I did. And besides, it's not like we've seen the rest of Dofla's crew in action, yet....

And yeah, I'm also interested in what the B5 combo was referring to with that "heart seat" line. It sounds like Law has a pretty deep history with Doflamingo. I suppose we'll learn more once the man himself arrives at PH, in that case.....

Also, as I already said in the opening post, I'm not even going to bother speculating that the mystery man at the end is an old character. Heck, when Vergo first appeared there were a bunch of people who thought he was Aokiji or Vegapunk or whatever and..... well, they were far off the mark. All I will say that I strongly doubt that he's Mihawk as well since the face doesn't match at all (as was already pointed out, his face seems to be pretty bulky like Jozu's). There's a zillion other ideas as to his identity that doesn't have to involve him being a preexisting character. For instance, he could be another Wano samurai, another of the new Shichibukai who was recruited during the skip, or possibly the first representative of that "new species" that Oda hinted at during the Jump Fiesta (or heck, he could even be all three of those things at once!). I just don't see why we should waste time dwelling only on the possibility that he's an old character......
Old 2013-01-16, 17:06   Link #52
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Maybe the guy is Lucci considering the pigeon.
Old 2013-01-16, 20:25   Link #53
Undertaker

Quote:
Franky was just overwhelming, even against two of Donfla's crewmembers, which is actually surprising. I expected him to beat one, or at least have a very hard time beating both but I never expected him to just bash them around so easily. It was awesome how he adapted the Gaon Cannon, a cannon that can propel a large ship through the air through a long distance, into his Shogun effectively making it into a deadly weapon.

The guys vs the girls reactions to the Shogun was a priceless moment for me xD

That part cracks me up too..
Old 2013-01-16, 22:31   Link #54
adriankhoo153

Could it be Dofla himself?
Old 2013-01-16, 22:36   Link #55
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Why would you assume that they need saving ?Franky alone just took out 2 of his nakama.

Also,i don't think it's Sabo,it looks more like Mihawk's style to travel this way,but probably not him either.
Just a possibility i mentioned . The chances that Sabo is alive is extremely high imo. There is a chance that he might have had an amnesia after rocket attack by the CB imo ( A way to explain why he didn't go save ace).

As why i think they might need saving, Well to be honest we don't know the exact power level of the Mugiwaras. They might not need any help what so ever but they might do.

Also beside joker who is heading there, others might be heading there too ( Admiral level even maybe). We know Joker is really strong but we don't know his strength compared to the post skip strawhats. He was able to stop Jozu as if it was child's play.

And Strawhats are a bit worn out at the moment from all the fighting. So he could come to help/back up.

That said yea, it doesn't have to be Sabo . Just a possibility. Remember last time we had a shadow figure ? It turned out to be ace . A bit of what Oda sensei is doing post time skip has been sorta paralleling pre time skip arcs. Also wouldn't it be interesting if it was Sabo ?

Quote:
How about instead of focusing on the new guy we know nothing about (and immediately start saying it's Sabo like people do with every obscured character that shows up) we focus instead on how awesome the Strawhats were this chapter?
Does that even need mentioning ? has there ever been a time that Strawhats were't and one piece hasn't been awesome .

That's to be expected of Oda sensei .

And ya FRANKY WAS SUUUUUUUPER .

Nami Sexy,

and Usopp, well Usopp .

Didn't that Licking that Nami did reminded anyone else of a certain some one? The snowwoman ? Maybe that's foreshadowing that she will get her power.

Quote:

Lol so true .

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2013-01-16 at 22:52.
Old 2013-01-16, 23:22   Link #56
Kona
Banned

It's Aokiji.

Good chapter looks like all the strawhats,law,smoker and tashigi got stronger. Didn't expect Usopps kabuto to get a change so soon. Feel bad for caesar he's been getting owned left and right everywhere.
Old 2013-01-17, 01:46   Link #57
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
he was looking to the sky before and he lowered his heads down in the next panel from the top of seagull kind of thing

so it will be weird if that "white area" is his (right) eye since it's directly facing toward us the reader

although I have to agree that Oda has a twisted mind (in a good way)
Old 2013-01-17, 03:28   Link #58
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 695
That was a good chapter. Nice to see the two weakest fight in the battle. Franky did a nice job of facing off with the two. Sure is a lot of party crasher in this arch. Their is a good chance the guy in the shadow is someone we know (I thinking Akoiji). If it were a new guy Oda would have no reason to keep him in the shadows. Two Akoiji is the only guy I know who seems that lazy. If it is someone new, I hope it is one of the parties who was watching the experiment. We know Daflamingo is coming from Dressrosa but how close is the guy on the boat? I am curious on how Daflamingo will do knowing all five of his minions are MIA, KIA, or POW. I wonder if he is underestimating the situation going it alone? The next chapter should be interesting.
Old 2013-01-17, 07:36   Link #59
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

I'm predicting the shadowy mystery figure will bump into the don before he reaches punk hazard and somehow stalls him so the straw hats will avoid a run in with the warlord himself.....just a theory.
Old 2013-01-17, 09:59   Link #60
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

you are all wrong it is gekko moria
Closed Thread