AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-06-04, 18:28   Link #861
Folenfant
Banned

I have mixed feelings about the way the red wedding was portrayed but mostly positive.

+ Loved the switch to the funeral dirge after the guard closes the doors. Catelyn was clearly the first to suspect something.
+loved how she peeled back the guards shirt to see the chainmail and the guards body language as if to say "yes of course don't act so surprise".
-makeup could have better as I could tell the moment they switched from the actors to the plaster busts for the throat slitting
- Robb spinning around while getting shot at was a little hammy. Granted he was clearly drunk at the time.
+/- the whole scene had an air about it almost as if they wanted the viewerto wquestion whether it was all really happening and I don't know if it was intentional or not or even just me.
+/-Talisa just sitting there not even budging an inch before the guard came up and stabbed her repeatedly in the stomach was the oddest segment of all for me. Just the lack of any effort on the Starks side to at least try to defend themselves aside from Catelyn was odd. Maybe they really just didn't know how deep in they were aside from her who was again the first to suspect things as early as the guard closing the doors.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 19:16   Link #862
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Why isn't GRR Martin on Twitter?

A: Because he killed off all 140 characters.

Too soon? XD
Old 2013-06-04, 19:17   Link #863
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Nathan Fillion once tweeted GRR asking when the next book would be out, and his wife answered "Every time someone asks George that question, he kills a Stark."
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 19:48   Link #864
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

George will be 200 years old by the time the next book comes out...
Old 2013-06-04, 19:55   Link #865
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Nathan Fillion once tweeted GRR asking when the next book would be out, and his wife answered "Every time someone asks George that question, he kills a Stark."
so the question is, Does Martins runs out of Starks to kill first or finishing the series first?
Old 2013-06-04, 20:04   Link #866
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

For God's sake don't open that spoiler if you haven't read the books. It's a whopper.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 20:29   Link #867
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
All of those people angry about Rob now?

You could get a warning for that. I said the exact that thing a month ago....
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 20:33   Link #868
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
You could get a warning for that. I said the exact that thing a month ago....

Well.....the show's been broadcasted now.

If it offends the mods, then fine: just delete it.

ETA: Edited it.
Old 2013-06-04, 21:32   Link #869
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

This thread is "Game of Thrones" not "A Song of Fire and Ice."

Anything from the books should be enclosed in spoiler tags, even if it already occurred in the series. Those of us who have not read the books thank everyone who use spoiler tags.
Old 2013-06-04, 22:00   Link #870
Yorae_paladin1

I hope Stannis arrives with a new army and scours westeros clean of all the corrupt If not him dany burns the lannisters the boltons the freys and any corrupt family to the ground
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 22:22   Link #871
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
I hope Stannis arrives with a new army and scours westeros clean of all the corrupt If not him dany burns the lannisters the boltons the freys and any corrupt family to the ground
That may happen, but to be quote one of my favorite super sadistic evil characters, whose identity shall soon (hopefully) be revealed:

" If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention "
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 22:45   Link #872
Seitsuki
Onee!

Personally I prefer this one:

"Life is not a song..."
Old 2013-06-05, 08:41   Link #873
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I give props to the producers and their crew at Northern Ireland for making one of the most horrific and sadness event in the show.
Old 2013-06-06, 12:00   Link #874
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

As a question for the non readers: Does the even in the last episodelook believable? I was watching it with a non reader friend last night and he was really annoyed and dissatisfied after the last episode, complaining that the event was completely unforeshadowed and disconnected from previous events, and about as believable or coherent as the writers suddenly deciding to kill a character by having him slip and hit his head on a rock. I do see his point as they did cut some of the foreshadowing that was present in the books like Grey Wolf heavily barking at the Freys upon their arrival (hence why he was locked in a cage), however I don't know if this is a case of my friend being picky or if it's a general feeling (and as a novel reader I don't really have a neutral POV anymore )
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 12:15   Link #875
GDB

Yeah, it made perfect sense to me. They've made quite a point of saying you don't screw with the Freys. It was a big point in season 2, if I recall. Didn't Catelyn have a huge argument with Robb about it when he got with that other girl?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 12:16   Link #876
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Nope.There were several hints of the betrayal. Like there scenes of Tywin writing a letter to someone, Bolton releasing Jamie to be return to his father even though he was supposed to bring him back to Robb, Tywin some how knows Robb's younger brothers are dead when nobody knows about their fate since Winterfell was burned and the only person who knew was "The Boy" after Theon told him the boys escaped but he faked their death and a hint The Boy is working with Bolton since his torture rack looks similar to the Bolton's sigil.

So there. Either your friend was clueless or wasn't paying attention.
Old 2013-06-06, 12:32   Link #877
Proto

Quote:
Yeah, it made perfect sense to me. They've made quite a point of saying you don't screw with the Freys. It was a big point in season 2, if I recall. Didn't Catelyn have a huge argument with Robb about it when he got with that other girl?
One thing he was complaining about was that, knowinig this the northern-men should have been way. way more wary and suspect instead of the docile lambs send to slaughter that they were portrayed to be. (precisely because they knew that Lord Frey was not a man to cross). This was somehow explained in the books, but I was kind of curious how did non novel readers saw this.

Quote:
Nope.There were several hints of the betrayal. Like there scenes of Tywin writing a letter to someone, Bolton releasing Jamie to be return to his father even though he was supposed to bring him back to Robb, Tywin some how knows Robb's younger brothers are dead when nobody knows about their fate since Winterfell was burned and the only person who knew was "The Boy" after Theon told him the boys escaped but he faked their death and a hint The Boy is working with Bolton since his torture rack looks similar to the Bolton's sigil.
Good catches there. i'm quite paranoid about spoiling other ppl, so at some points I'm indecisive about discussing this when I don't know what are ppl supposed to know already versus things that are only obvious in hindsight.
Old 2013-06-06, 12:44   Link #878
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
One thing he was complaining about was that, knowinig this the northern-men should have been way. way more wary and suspect instead of the docile lambs send to slaughter that they were portrayed to be. (precisely because they knew that Lord Frey was not a man to cross). This was somehow explained in the books, but I was kind of curious how did non novel readers saw this.
I had just figured they were tense when they first got there, things seemed fine, so they let their guards down. I honestly thought they were going to be poisoned at first with the bread and... whatever that white stuff was that they were given.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 12:55   Link #879
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I had just figured they were tense when they first got there, things seemed fine, so they let their guards down. I honestly thought they were going to be poisoned at first with the bread and... whatever that white stuff was that they were given.
Salt. They were given bread and salt which is a sacred sign of hospitality saying the lord of the house will treat his guests well and no harm will come to them as long as the guests does the same thing.

This might be why the Starks didn't expect the betrayal since bread and salt is a serious promise to their Gods that breaking it is a taboo.

The fact Walder Frey broke it by killing his guests in his own home is gonna make people distrust him and want him and his family dead.
Old 2013-06-06, 12:59   Link #880
Proto

Ok now I know you either read the books or you were spoiled. The salt thing was never explained in the series.

Tags
game of thrones, hbo