Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-04, 01:41   Link #41
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I really like this anime. It's among my favorite shows of the new season.

However, much as I like it, I do find it quite hard to follow sometimes. The plot is getting fairly complex, and I can't keep the characters straight. So to solve the latter problem I made a page with the characters' faces and names and brief bios.

I've also included links to other resources, including a page that has summaries of the first three volumes of the novel, and a blog that looks like it will continue to follow the series.
Thanks for posting those! It clears things up nicely. I had a hard time remembering their names, since everyone was introduced all at once, but this makes things much easier.

Thanks to you I now notice the color theme. The Crimson and Indigo families, the Many-Colored Country, and the Purple emperor (a mix of crimson and indigo)... this show has nice symbolism. No wonder the emperor wears purple...

I really look forward to more of this show! Since it wasn't based on a manga, it could not have gained popularity just for its pretty looks. It came from Drama CDs/Novels that got popular enough to get 39 episodes of anime, meaning it was the STORY that pulled so many fans in. So there should be a good story to look forward to! I love a good romantic fantasy ~
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 03:46   Link #42
Erroll

I thought it was going to be the typical miko/girl from another world scenerio so I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out different. I love the period setting and the story is interesting so far. I'm going to stick with this one for a bit and see where it takes me.
Erroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 09:09   Link #43
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Thanks for posting those! It clears things up nicely. I had a hard time remembering their names, since everyone was introduced all at once, but this makes things much easier.
Definitely, it's also interesting to learn their chinese names. Plus the blog link helps as well. I'm also glad someone is subbing this series. I like it, but it's definitely better for me to watch it subbed, but I'll likely stick with watching the raws and then rewatch episodes subbed.
Old 2006-05-04, 11:57   Link #44
oJo

I thought Shi Ryuki's brother was exiled but Ayu's sub said he was gone overseas.
I was like WTF?!
All thanks to domino's info, I can sleep well now.

Anyone know about a sub group called Say China? Are they still working on Saiunkoku?
oJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 03:52   Link #45
Sakuya
*Artist

I think I'm going to hop on the bandwagon. The art is just so pretty I can't help it! Did anyone read the manga? Will it contain all the Chinese-palace-female-angst like in the ancient Chinese series? Then I'm watching!

Whoever said Shuurei was poor? She wears nice clothes and her house is like....HUGE!
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 04:15   Link #46
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
I think I'm going to hop on the bandwagon. The art is just so pretty I can't help it! Did anyone read the manga? Will it contain all the Chinese-palace-female-angst like in the ancient Chinese series? Then I'm watching!

Whoever said Shuurei was poor? She wears nice clothes and her house is like....HUGE!
Spoiler for Episodes 1 and 2:
Yaoi_Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 04:24   Link #47
Sakuya
*Artist

You're right. I just finished watching episode 1. It was a good episode. Very pretty throughout. Shuurei is such a kind and knowledgable Empress! I love her character. If the Emperor has no wives, I don't see how there will be any palace angst though. Oh well. I'll have to watch this more to see what happens!

Did I say I loved the art? It's just so pretty~!
Old 2006-05-06, 13:38   Link #48
domino
デレデレ

Quote:

There is no manga ... it is based off of illustrated CD dramas/novels. ^_^ If you like the art, look forward to this summer's "Angelique" TV anime... same artist. She's definately one of my favorite shoujo manga artists. ^_^

And I think there's a lot of room for angst in the relationships. Every time a marriage is set up for a reason other than love, there is room for angst. And I have a feeling that Seiran had feelings for Shuurei before her engagement, so that might complicate things...

I really love this show! I'm glad it's getting so many episodes, because the plot is really fun.
Old 2006-05-09, 06:20   Link #49
jingster

Quote:
There is no manga ... it is based off of illustrated CD dramas/novels. ^_^
Actually, there is a manga. I first encountered this series from the manga However, the only ones i can find right now are in chinese.
http://www.zxmh.net/html/book871/
http://comic.kukudm.com/comic/home/type.asp?typeid=365
The site only has it up to the third chapter + extra. If you are able to read the extra you will find out that shuurei's father's younger brother has a funny obsession XD;...
The anime follows the manga very closely but I have only seen the first episode so i am not 100%. After reading the manga, i felt the anime is going a bit slow since they packed a lot in one chapter. However, i really like how they include much more background stories in the anime.

haha--this marks my first post on this site. I had to post the links to spread the love of the series !
jingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 09:40   Link #50
miaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingster
Actually, there is a manga. I first encountered this series from the manga The anime follows the manga very closely but I have only seen the first episode so i am not 100%. After reading the manga, i felt the anime is going a bit slow since they packed a lot in one chapter. However, i really like how they include much more background stories in the anime.

haha--this marks my first post on this site. I had to post the links to spread the love of the series !
episode 5 is almost near the end of the first novel.
Spoiler:
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 12:36   Link #51
randomlurker123
Stalker 101

it's kinda different for me i read the 2 out of the 5 novel i have atm , the anime seems like vhs on fastforward

lots of jokes and trivals ( example; they are poor cos the father is kick out of the family , move from the "crimson" state to the capital to work, the palace treasurer never pay his salary on time lol... ) are left out and ran shuuei's brother doesn't even show up on the 2nd novel yet.
randomlurker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 13:42   Link #52
poisonakki

I just joined this forum too ^_^

jingster you're awesome! i've been looking for scans of the manga forever! My friend says the first volume of the manga should be out june 2006. I've gotten her hooked onto the series so that she can do some summaries of the novel hehe

btw the second link...where exactly are the scans. the first link is easier to navigate. if they are the same scans than never mind

Quote:
Actually, there is a manga. I first encountered this series from the manga However, the only ones i can find right now are in chinese.
The site only has it up to the third chapter + extra. If you are able to read the extra you will find out that shuurei's father's younger brother has a funny obsession XD;...
The anime follows the manga very closely but I have only seen the first episode so i am not 100%. After reading the manga, i felt the anime is going a bit slow since they packed a lot in one chapter. However, i really like how they include much more background stories in the anime.

poisonakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 14:04   Link #53
domino
デレデレ

Quote:

Ohh, you're right, there is a manga! It looks fairly new... I will definately try to get my hands on it if I can find a Japanese version. :P I ADORE the mangaka's artwork... it's always so cute and pretty.
Old 2006-05-09, 14:36   Link #54
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

As much as like this series. I think there needs to be more cute girls and at least one loli (no suprise this is coming form me ). The emperor is suppose to have a harem. So wheres the harem
Old 2006-05-09, 15:25   Link #55
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
As much as like this series. I think there needs to be more cute girls and at least one loli (no suprise this is coming form me ). The emperor is suppose to have a harem. So wheres the harem
He does have a harem. A harem of guys.
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 15:38   Link #56
jingster

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonakki
btw the second link...where exactly are the scans. the first link is easier to navigate. if they are the same scans than never mind
Judging from the pages in each chapter, each volume will most likely contain 4 chapters I think the site i linkedtranslate them by monthly which is awesome! no long waits at all

The scans for the second one is right under the banners that surround the book cover. ---> No.1 [全屏] No.2 [全屏] No.3 [全屏] are you able to read these? Only three chapters are out. I linked the second one because the site is a lot faster for me but i am not sure of the connection on your side,it differs from location to location.

Quote:
Ohh, you're right, there is a manga! It looks fairly new... I will definately try to get my hands on it if I can find a Japanese version. :P I ADORE the mangaka's artwork... it's always so cute and pretty.
Judging from the chapters i think it is only 4 month or so old Yes! the artist's way of drawing is beautiful. I just wished that she didn't give the girls sterotypical chinese hairstyles *sigh*
jingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 18:32   Link #57
poisonakki

LOL i totally agree (and this coming from a girl

umm...well there's a reason why the emperor doesn't have any concubine till Shuurei accepted the task of being his concubine and tutor

Spoiler:

well you atleast got on candidate for Loli --> Kourin the cute servant girl ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
poisonakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 00:11   Link #58
Sakuya
*Artist

I think I noticed a torrent from another group for episode 1. The group is [suck]. Has that been confirmed?
Old 2006-05-11, 00:41   Link #59
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
I think I noticed a torrent from another group for episode 1. The group is [suck]. Has that been confirmed?
Silly question. It's been on AnimeSuki .com for seven hours now. The group's full name is "We Suck" and contrary to their name, they are quite good, reasonably fast and very experienced.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 00:44   Link #60
Sakuya
*Artist

XD Woops. I was looking at another place and forgot that Saiunkoku was freely distributed on Asuki. So can anybody comment on their quality?

Tags
drama, historical, madhouse