AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-07, 07:25   Link #181
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

sigh, last episode... i want more DMC!!!! if not, the manga... if not, i want to see the subbed movie! :X
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 07:27   Link #182
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I was so sad when I understood that this was the last episode of Detroit Metal City. What's more fitting as end than a duel between the two brother genres, Death Metal and Black Metal.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 08:37   Link #183
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Yeh.. sad it's over Does anyone know when the dvd for the LA movie will be released (I can't read japanese, nor did I find anything looking like a date with my not-so-leet japanese google skills)
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 08:51   Link #184
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

D.M.C. is over!!!do not like "Metal" because only brutality otherwise it will become
"I just watched "Saw V" so I am rule cuz I am aggressive".(anyone get it)
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 08:53   Link #185
Kirarakim

Definitely a really fun series. I wouldn't have minded a few more episodes, I wanted to know how Neigishi got involved in such a group in the first place. Knowing Neigishi he probably misinterpreted something.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 12:44   Link #186
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Not yet. Have to carry on waiting like the rest of us.
That's what i've been waiting to see since the first episode. Wouldn't be surprised if it's been mentioned in the manga, or will do in the future.
As far as I know, and I got to the Black and Death Arc, Negishi's history with the band hasn't been mentioned, but I would be VERY surprised if it isn't mention in the B&D arc as that covers the history of the President.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 19:55   Link #187
mocxd
i make web comics

DMC movie?

sorry if this was already mentioned, but does anybody know if someone's already working on translating the movie? i've been poking around a bit, but i can't even find a raw much less any hint of a translation being worked on (

if anybody has a link, or some info, it would be greatly appreciated. also, i can understand some basic japanese so... (...)

Ken'ichi Matsuyama as krauser II is going to be awesome.

ed: LOL YES HE SINGS TOO

Quote:
Singles titled "MURDER/Sweet Lover" (SATSUGAI/甘い恋人, Satsugai/Amai Koibito?) were released for both the film (subtitled "for the movie"), sung by Kenichi Matsuyama as both Johannes Krauser II and Soichi Negishi

Last edited by mocxd; 2008-11-09 at 20:25.
mocxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 21:17   Link #188
Chrno2

Tomodachi is thinking about subbing the movie, but needs to find some crew for it first. ^^
Chrno2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 21:26   Link #189
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

It's not out on DVD is it? So that means Tomodachi would be subbing a cam job?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 22:41   Link #190
mocxd
i make web comics

...lol wow... flash loads slow from japan... ive been staring at negishi telling me ちょっとまっててね for the past five minutes

this image just says it all, though, about how awesome this is going to be

i'm no expert, but i figure since there's talk of hollywood remakes flying around, i'm thinking the original japanese may never see a region 1 release

Quote:
It's not out on DVD is it?
i thought there might be something out there, since its been out in theaters since august, and was #2 at the box office. i guess, unlike american movies,
Spoiler for QQnet:
Old 2008-11-16, 08:46   Link #191
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

The site says the dvd will be released on Friday 13th of February.. I can't wait that long.. (also.. amazon link :P)

Last edited by dj_tjerk; 2008-11-16 at 09:01.
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 03:21   Link #192
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk View Post
The site says the dvd will be released on Friday 13th of February.. I can't wait that long.. (also.. amazon link :P)
nice date but sooooo long....
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 14:09   Link #193
happosai

I've just watched the whole of the anime for the first time today after I saw the live action film yesterday at the Leeds International Film Festival here in the UK (haven't read the manga).

I have to say that the live action film is excellent! It's not quite as vulgar as the anime and, whilst it has most of the things that appear in the anime, not everything is included (e.g. no 'Pig of Capitalism' character) or they are presented in a slightly different way so as to make the film more coherent and less episodic than the anime. It's certainly no less funny, though; in fact, I think some of the things are funnier in the live-action version than in the anime (although that might be because that's what I saw the first time around). There's a little more back story about Negishi in the film, although you still don't really find out how he actually comes to be in DMC.

I'm definitely looking forward to an English subtitled DVD release (the Japanese release doesn't look like it'll include them).

BTW, fans of the anime version might be interested to know that there are legit Hong Kong (R3) DVDs available that include English subtitles.

[Happosai]
happosai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 19:46   Link #194
mocxd
i make web comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by happosai View Post

I'm definitely looking forward to an English subtitled DVD release (the Japanese release doesn't look like it'll include them).

[Happosai]
do japanese DVD releases usually include english subtitles?

Quote:

BTW, fans of the anime version might be interested to know that there are legit Hong Kong (R3) DVDs available that include English subtitles.
honestly id much rather watch a properly translated fansub linked off of the main page of this site than pay money to get some cantonese-engrish subtitled DVD mailed to me in a paper bag

rrr if only somebody could get their hands on some kind of promo copy
guess im stuck reading two year old light novels until february
Old 2008-11-18, 10:49   Link #195
happosai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocxd View Post
do japanese DVD releases usually include english subtitles?
Only occasionally, but I've got a few R2JP DVDs with English subs of things that either have never had a Western release (e.g. Mind Game) or took ages to come out (e.g. Funky Forest).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocxd View Post
honestly id much rather watch a properly translated fansub linked off of the main page of this site than pay money to get some cantonese-engrish subtitled DVD mailed to me in a paper bag
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. There are such things as legitimate HK DVD releases available (check somewhere like YesAsia) and the quality of the subs aren't necessarily low -- I have some R3 versions of Japanese titles (e.g. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, 5cm Per Second, Jam Films) and the subs are easily on par with R1 releases. Granted, there are exceptions, but I've see typos, spelling mistakes. dodgy translations and missing subs on a number of R1 DVD releases.

[Happosai]
happosai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 13:15   Link #196
mocxd
i make web comics

Quote:
Only occasionally, but I've got a few R2JP DVDs with English subs of things that either have never had a Western release (e.g. Mind Game) or took ages to come out (e.g. Funky Forest).

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. There are such things as legitimate HK DVD releases available (check somewhere like YesAsia) and the quality of the subs aren't necessarily low -- I have some R3 versions of Japanese titles (e.g. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, 5cm Per Second, Jam Films) and the subs are easily on par with R1 releases. Granted, there are exceptions, but I've see typos, spelling mistakes. dodgy translations and missing subs on a number of R1 DVD releases.

[Happosai]
thanks for this info, frankly i had no idea there was so much out there in r3

edit:
heres the link just in case people couldnt find it
http://www.yesasia.com/global/detroi...0-en/info.html

Last edited by mocxd; 2008-11-18 at 13:40.
Old 2008-11-19, 16:52   Link #197
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
(e.g. no 'Pig of Capitalism' character)
NOOOO!~ I liked the piggy =<
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 09:02   Link #198
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Well I finally got to watching Episode. Wow...what a finale. I really think I liked the presentation of the episodes considering that in the manga, they face Jack relatively early. His chapters were so epic though and hilarious, I think it's nice that we kind of saved him for last.

I knew this would be a classic episode once I knew that DMC would recieve it's own Anime Series. What really suprised me though is when they gave Jack both Japanese AND English voices. And his English voice sounds so...I don't know, silly? It just made the experience so much more laughable.

I hope we get another season of the Metal Mayhem!
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 19:13   Link #199
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
I hope we get another season of the Metal Mayhem!
I just hope it's not that Mayhem...

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 18:54   Link #200
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

DMC rocks.

It is easily one of the best anime series of the year. The only anime that I liked more than DMC this year was Strike Witches.

Any news on a possible season 2? Does the manga have more material?
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen