AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-04-02, 01:19   Link #5601
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
I think it was obvious that he was hiding the fact that he could walk. Or else he suddenly managed to overcome it (doubtful).

On another note, does any one else think that Ogato is not evil per se but more immoral and yet principled? Based on what he has said, all the "evil" things he has been doing, such as teaching his disciples dangerous stuff, were only to develop the technique and only because the disciples desired and asked for it. It wasn't like he deceived or forced them.
Ryuuto, definitely the former. After dealing with Loki for so long, he knows how to work with such people. But now, he's been forced to play his hand. What will he do now?

As for Ogata, I'm sure he doesn't see himself as being evil, per se. He simply wants to create the perfect martial art, and isn't above sending his own disciples to their deaths in order to achieve it. Lugh himself said that was the reason he took so many disciples, so he'd always have a replacement for one that broke down. And yes, he doesn't deceive people into using such dangerous techniques, though if someone one asks for the knowledge, he grants it. It's his "equality of martial arts," one of his "principles," so to speak. And I fear he won't be completely defeated in this arc, whatever the eventual outcome, he'll be back. Bet on it.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 14:47   Link #5602
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Spoiler for Ch 516:

Was a pretty awesome chapter imo.
Old 2013-04-05, 14:53   Link #5603
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

So in a sense, Ogata's worst possible enemy is a disciple with huge potential?
Old 2013-04-05, 14:55   Link #5604
KLGChaos
The Shermain

This was one of the better chapters in a while... and sadly, it's still just a pale shadow of it's former greatness. Kenichi is now being overshadowed by wheel-chair bound cripples. This whole fight against Ogata has been pointless. Kenichi will learn absolutely nothing from it except what he already knows-- there's no way in hell he'll ever be strong enough to beat Ogata or a master class. Not if he had 50 more years of training.

I know I sound bitter, but I miss the days when Kenichi used to kick ass, instead of constantly getting his ass kicked by master classes, which has become the norm.
Old 2013-04-05, 15:01   Link #5605
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

You are just bitter tbh, the reason Kenichi is coming up against Master class opponents is because few to none in the Disciple Class can be expected to beat him now.

Saying he will never be able to beat Master class opponents goes exactly against the intent of his development. He has been training for 1 year and is already the strongest in the disciple class, hence the title. Masters are basically the only thing left he has to legitimately overcome. Ogata even has the pleasure of being one of the strongest in the Master class.

Sure, it sucks seeing Kenichi lose, but he is losing to people who have been at this for over a decade, and still he is still impressing them despite his lack of talent.

For all of Berserker's bluster, he never landed a hit on Kenichi either.
Old 2013-04-05, 15:03   Link #5606
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
It's like Kenichi peaked when he fought Shou. He hasn't really impressed me since, I was more excited when Miu was fighting Rimi and not because of the service.
Old 2013-04-05, 15:11   Link #5607
Homura7

The first and only strike they could deal him comes at a high cost.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 15:14   Link #5608
ShiroiRyu

Wow ...
Finally a enjoyable chapter !
Old 2013-04-05, 15:18   Link #5609
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
It's like Kenichi peaked when he fought Shou. He hasn't really impressed me since, I was more excited when Miu was fighting Rimi and not because of the service.
Well, IMO, Kenichi's fight with Shou is when he showed the most growth at a single point in the manga.

Kenichi has been steadily advancing since then, but none of his opponents are quite at Shou's level, so he hasn't had to radically improve since that point.
Old 2013-04-05, 15:43   Link #5610
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
The problem is that pretty much every arc since that fight has been focused on something or someone other than Kenichi's growth. The armed vs unarmed division, Apachai's fight with his rival overshadowing the battle with Koukin, then came Sakaki and Akira's arc, followed by Miu's arc with the Jenezad and Akira battle, and now another Miu-centric arc.

It's hard to have your main character show growth when he's not really being used as a main character. Just think about it... in the time since the DofD arc, he's learned ONE new move. That's pretty sad. He had just one moment of real character growth when he fought to save Freya's grandfather. That's really it.
Old 2013-04-05, 16:29   Link #5611
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Just think about it... in the time since the DofD arc, he's learned ONE new move. That's pretty sad. He had just one moment of real character growth when he fought to save Freya's grandfather. That's really it.
That one new move was on par with Ryuuseikuken. His biggest character growth moment after the DofD was his fight against Ethan imo.

He also showed a lot of progress in his fight against Takeda, with his variations of Mubyoushi.
Old 2013-04-05, 17:34   Link #5612
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

The thing is, the fight with Shou basically marks the end of Kenichi as a abject underdog character. Ever since then, in his fights, there isn't the desperation that was there before. So, the author took the chance to branch the series out a little more with all the master class fights, which IMHO, is perfectly OK. Not every series absolutely needs to follow it's main character completely. Plus, it gives us a better idea of the level Kenichi is striving for.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 17:51   Link #5613
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Exactly, Kenichi is no longer the underdog when it comes to the Disciple fights. Since the Boris fight Kenichi has been the person to beat, not the other way around.
Old 2013-04-05, 21:43   Link #5614
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The beam of light from the eyes needs to be brighter for Kenichi...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 01:31   Link #5615
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
The thing is, the fight with Shou basically marks the end of Kenichi as a abject underdog character. Ever since then, in his fights, there isn't the desperation that was there before. So, the author took the chance to branch the series out a little more with all the master class fights, which IMHO, is perfectly OK. Not every series absolutely needs to follow it's main character completely. Plus, it gives us a better idea of the level Kenichi is striving for.
I have no problems with him branching out the story. The problem is that the story used to revolve around the disciples, but that whole part of the manga has been severely overshadowed by Ryozanpaku vs Yami. If that story was just part of the background while the real focus was on Shinpaku vs Yomi, then I wouldn't have much of a problem with it. However, Yami has become the big bad and the main focus of the plot, with the master classes chewing up all the scenery. There's something wrong when a fight between two major bad guys (Akira and Jenezad) ends up being more important, fulfilling and longer than the fight between two of the main heroes (Kenichi and Miu).

And with the power levels they present... I highly doubt Kenichi would ever get there. It'd take at least 2000 more chapters at the pace the manga is going for him to even reach beginning master class.

I just think Matsuena made a mistake focusing all the plot on an enemy the main character has absolutely no chance of ever facing. Not looking forward to a final showdown with Saiga or Ogata where Kenichi is just standing around watching again.
Old 2013-04-06, 10:12   Link #5616
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I have no problems with him branching out the story. The problem is that the story used to revolve around the disciples, but that whole part of the manga has been severely overshadowed by Ryozanpaku vs Yami. If that story was just part of the background while the real focus was on Shinpaku vs Yomi, then I wouldn't have much of a problem with it. However, Yami has become the big bad and the main focus of the plot, with the master classes chewing up all the scenery. There's something wrong when a fight between two major bad guys (Akira and Jenezad) ends up being more important, fulfilling and longer than the fight between two of the main heroes (Kenichi and Miu).
When people like the masters are running around, it makes little sense to have them just sitting there. The disciples are still doing a good job in my book, in fact seeing the master class fights gets me excited for the day when the disciples get to that level. Many series branch out from it's origins and end up all the better for it. In this case, it helps with the world building.

Quote:
And with the power levels they present... I highly doubt Kenichi would ever get there. It'd take at least 2000 more chapters at the pace the manga is going for him to even reach beginning master class.

I just think Matsuena made a mistake focusing all the plot on an enemy the main character has absolutely no chance of ever facing. Not looking forward to a final showdown with Saiga or Ogata where Kenichi is just standing around watching again.
This makes no sense whatsoever. In a year, Kenichi has gone from being an average high school student, to a martial artist who can fight on par with guys like Ethan and Koukin, who are the cream of the crop of young martial artists, and have been doing this much, much longer than him. I wouldn't be surprised if Kenichi ends up being as good as Shigure when he's the same age she is now. If Matsuena wants us to see a fight like that, we can always have a timeskip to age 22 or something.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 03:55   Link #5617
janipani

Well this story's plot has lost its edge long time ago, now it is mainly serving fan service. Maybe it has always been so, and the plot was never designed to really go anywhere.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 09:57   Link #5618
noktown

R.I.P,Ryuuto
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 16:33   Link #5619
DarkRaven
GOD

Either he managed to get his eye or kensei blocked it with his other hand and *BAM* killer hit and RIP Ryuuto :/
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 11:24   Link #5620
noktown

Yep,Ryuuto's death = Kenichi goes SSJ ?
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen