AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-06-20, 00:05   Link #1601
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
So, I let my imagination run wild and guess about Number #6 Power (Don't take it too seriously)

Since he/she is the sixth. It either mean that
1.) His/Her power cannot be measured like Gunha
2.) His/Her power is the least useful power out of all lv5
3) His/Her power is totally useless for AC to research

In my theory, I will go with 2.

People usually think that all lv5 power should super-awesome ,but for me that's unnesscessary.
Since all esper power have a chance to be level 5. (It just that the user have a limited) We should have one lv5 power that sound simple but it is considered Lv5 by the standard used for power-level measurement.

The Sixth power should be the non-combat power as there are already have five combat powers. Having one more support power like Misaki's Mental out
will be a good balance.

I think the sixth power should be : (I don't know what should I name it) , the power that enhance all senses of user to the great level. With it, it granted the user many special abilities

Brain
- Perfect memory: Can perfectly remember everything he/she saw/heard/read
- (Very) Fast Learner: Can become skilled at anything / Master everything in a shot time. This is reason she is considered Lv5
- Genius
- Very good reflex to a surround situation.
- It also give her a precognition like Touma's

Eyes
-Super sight: Can clearly see a thing far far away. Can read or see very small text/object perfectly. Can see a movement that normally would be too fast for normal human eyes to catch.

Ear
- Super hearing: Can heard even the sound of an insect flipping it wings from far away.

Nose
-Super nose: you can guess it

Character

The sixth is the active, smart, and cheerful/funny person. He/she always seek for a new knowledge to learn. He/she like to build a good relationship with everyone.

However, he/she dislikes (and is sad) when people comment on his/her power as something boring ,and lame for Lv5 power. Therefore, he/she tries his/her best to prove that his/her power is useful. Currently, he/she can speak over 50+ language, has a A+ grade in all field of study, master many martial arts, master in using all kind of weapons. All thanks to his/her power.

Expected Quote from this person

- "Knowledge is the human's greatest treasure!"

- (Tearly eyes) "See? My power is useful right? RIGHT?"

-"Let's become friend. You can leran many things from me and I can learn many new things from you!"

- "With my power, I can master everything in a very shot time even if those things will take years for a normal person to master "

What do you guys think?
This would be cool. However, I'm not too sure about this. I actually had a different theory. My theory was that an animal might be the #6, which would explain why we never have seen the #6. I was thinking that the #6's power is an advanced form of metamorphose.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 09:26   Link #1602
Haigon

Maybe the #6 is a Level 5 Dummy Check
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 09:33   Link #1603
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Aren't the esper level ranked according to power's strength/control? If they have an indicator for level 1-5 for every ability, then lv5 are not need to be 'OP and complicated in order to be of interest to Academy City'. That's why I think it would be nice contrast to have one lv5 esper that's not 'useful' for AC.
The Level 5's of Academy City are not necessarily ranked according to their strength alone. Although it has been established that a higher-ranked Level 5 is much more powerful than the one ranked below him/her, as in the case between Accelerator, Kakine, and Misaka; Mugino is actually more powerful than Misaka despite being ranked 4th to Misaka's 3rd, but she can't go all out on using her powers or else the feedback will kill her.

They are ranked according to their powers' usefulness in Aleister Crowley's master plan to create an Artificial Heaven.

So the invisibility theory still stands, I see. But why would anyone create a "Badass Normal" Level 5 when we already have that in Mister GUTS.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 11:01   Link #1604
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So I'm reading V6 Kakine says his dark matter can produce human brains. And with more human brains he can produce new personal realities?

With this idea. Who would win in a fight of manipulating personal realities? Kakine? Or the theoretical level 5 Takitsubo Rikou?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 11:10   Link #1605
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
The Level 5's of Academy City are not necessarily ranked according to their strength alone. Although it has been established that a higher-ranked Level 5 is much more powerful than the one ranked below him/her, as in the case between Accelerator, Kakine, and Misaka; Mugino is actually more powerful than Misaka despite being ranked 4th to Misaka's 3rd, but she can't go all out on using her powers or else the feedback will kill her.

They are ranked according to their powers' usefulness in Aleister Crowley's master plan to create an Artificial Heaven.

So the invisibility theory still stands, I see. But why would anyone create a "Badass Normal" Level 5 when we already have that in Mister GUTS.
Please read again, I was talking about how they ranked Lv1-5 NOT the rank among lv5s.

I know that Lv5 are ranked according to their powers' usefulness.
Old 2013-06-20, 11:19   Link #1606
judasmartel
*Author

Then in that case, the "strength and control" criteria only works for Levels 1-4.

There are abilities which cannot be classified as anything but Level 0, such as Touma's IB and Tsuchimikado's Auto-Regeneration.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 11:46   Link #1607
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Then in that case, the "strength and control" criteria only works for Levels 1-4.

There are abilities which cannot be classified as anything but Level 0, such as Touma's IB and Tsuchimikado's Auto-Regeneration.
No, it works for all levels.

Simple example: Misaka clone (Lv2-3), Misaka worst (Lv4), Misaka Mikoto (Lv5)

Misaka Mikoto power's strength/control are better than Misaka worst (Lv4) that's why she is Lv5. Misaka worst has the same abilities as Mikoto (lv5) but to a lesser degree - that's why she's level 4.

This example show that they have the criteria to decide the level from 0-5 for all abilities. Therefore, even power like Dummy Check will have a criteria to decide level from 0-5. It just that when they decide the rank among level 5 ,they use "usefulness" as criteria. Did you misunderstand my earier post somehow??...we don't seem to talk about the same topic.

Touma's IB and Tsuchimikado's Auto-Regeneration are special cases - uncount. And no, Gunha definitely not 'normal'.

P.S. I won't deny the other theories of 6th power because my theory is also just a theory.

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-06-20 at 12:12.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 20:49   Link #1608
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Let me give my theory for the #6.

Kihara Noukan is possibly the #6.

Here are my reasons. We know that animals cannot become espers because they need to have the intelligence of at least a 5 year old and are usually as smart as a 2 year old human child.

In contrast, Noukan has external arithmetic circuits attached. Furthermore, he is smarter than Kihara Yuiitsu, one of the smartest Kiharas. This makes me conclude that he could definitely be an esper.

Considering that Kihara Nayuta is a level 4 esper, and that she wasn't the smartest Kihara, I feel like Noukan could be a level 5 since he is the most influential one. Otherwise, how could a non-human become the most influential (thing) in many different fields? This makes me believe Noukan either has some power like mental out, or can transform his appearance at will.

If he were the #6, it would certainly explain why he could never be found. The transformation part would match too because it has been said that for espers in the city that could transform, lower level espers could change their appearance, but not actually change their identity on the genetic level. If this Kihara could change his genetic appearance, he could potentially use other level 5's powers. However, I'm guessing that this Kihara could only transform into people with less ability than him, so therefore couldn't transform into #1-#5 if this were true. #7 would just be a special exception in this case.

I feel like this is somewhat plausible given how strange the situation with Noukan is and because what we've read so far about him is somewhat ridiculous. I feel like he really may be at least some sort of powerful Esper. I believe that it is possible that his arithmetic circuits are powered by some external power source similar to the
Spoiler for old testament LN 3:

What do you guys think about this for the #6? It's a far-fetched theory, but it would explain at least a few things. In any case, I do believe that Noukan must be an esper of some form... otherwise, I don't see why he would be in the position that he is at the moment.
Old 2013-06-20, 23:03   Link #1609
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
If he were the #6, it would certainly explain why he could never be found. The transformation part would match too because it has been said that for espers in the city that could transform, lower level espers could change their appearance, but not actually change their identity on the genetic level. If this Kihara could change his genetic appearance, he could potentially use other level 5's powers. However, I'm guessing that this Kihara could only transform into people with less ability than him, so therefore couldn't transform into #1-#5 if this were true. #7 would just be a special exception in this case.

The most 'transformation' should do is to change the outside appearance but his brain, his thought, his personlity,his power will remain the same.

He will only able to use the same power as his target person if he transform his brain into that person brain compeltly. AND If his brain change to a target person brain, he will lose his 'transformation' ability as his brain changed to target's brain. He won't be able to return to his own self again in that case.
Old 2013-06-21, 10:20   Link #1610
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
The most 'transformation' should do is to change the outside appearance but his brain, his thought, his personlity,his power will remain the same.

He will only able to use the same power as his target person if he transform his brain into that person brain compeltly. AND If his brain change to a target person brain, he will lose his 'transformation' ability as his brain changed to target's brain. He won't be able to return to his own self again in that case.
I think the external arithmetic circuits perhaps compensate for this. I also think that he could just transform himself in such a way that he would never lose this part of his thought/ability. It could just be a downside.

I really still think he has a power that is powerful even if it isn't level 5. How else would he be that influential? I really don't expect something unrelated to some sort of scientific power/ability to explain that away. Otherwise, I feel like it shouldn't make sense. Of course, Kiharas can do things other people can't...
Old 2013-06-26, 08:41   Link #1611
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would the ability to control salt be a relevant power at all? @_@
Old 2013-06-26, 19:58   Link #1612
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Defeat people after a fierce battle when they are covered with sweat. A last resort
Old 2013-06-26, 21:46   Link #1613
Marina2

Quote:
The power will be a sub version of Psychokinesis that's can only control/move salt.

As for its power, it depends on how good you can control it. Of course a basic power will be control and move salt at will.

On advance level, however.......Your power may improve to the point that you can control Sodium in a target body as salt is a crystalline mineral that is composed primarily of sodium chloride (NaCl)

By controling the sodium, you may inflict your target with hyponatremia - an electrolyte disturbance in which the sodium ion concentration in the serum is lower than normal. The presence and severity of symptoms are associated with the level of serum sodium (salt level in the blood)

Symptoms of hyponatremia include nausea and vomiting, headache, confusion, lethargy, fatigue, loss of appetite, restlessness and irritability, muscle weakness, spasms, or cramps, seizures, and decreased consciousness or coma.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyponatremia

It's pretty scary

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-06-27 at 01:26.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 00:39   Link #1614
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
The power will be a sub version of Psychokinesis that's can only control/move salt.

As for its power, it depends on how good you can control it. Of course a basic power will be control and move salt at will.

On advance level, however.......Your power may improve to the point that you can control Sodium in a target body as salt is a crystalline mineral that is composed primarily of sodium chloride (NaCl)

By controling the sodium, you may inflict your target with hyponatremia - an electrolyte disturbance in which the sodium ion concentration in the serum is lower than normal.

Symptoms of hyponatremia include nausea and vomiting, headache, confusion, lethargy, fatigue, loss of appetite, restlessness and irritability, muscle weakness, spasms, or cramps, seizures, and decreased consciousness or coma.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyponatremia

It's pretty scary
Beautiful Impressive finding
Old 2013-06-28, 10:18   Link #1615
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm, now how about an ability that's the opposite of Touma's Imagine Breaker? Instead of forcing the distorted into the mundane, it turns the mundane into something distorted?
Old 2013-06-28, 10:53   Link #1616
leukrota

Quote:
Hmmm, now how about an ability that's the opposite of Touma's Imagine Breaker? Instead of forcing the distorted into the mundane, it turns the mundane into something distorted?
Like Alfar?
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 10:58   Link #1617
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Not sure who alfar is but sure?

Basically it's the absolute crystallization of magic. Unlike Magic gods that have access to all possibilities. The arm has all possibilities outside of the realm of possibility.

The ability to disfigure someone jsut by touching them or even warping the world without really trying. If Imagine Breaker is the arm which contains the blue print of the original world. This other power has a blue print of the original world and makes everything that's not supposed to be in the blue print happen.
Old 2013-06-28, 10:59   Link #1618
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Alfar's from Kanzaki's SS, Norse Mythology.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 11:00   Link #1619
leukrota

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Alfar

She is very close to what you are saying.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 11:07   Link #1620
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Close but not quite. Alfar's ability is to distort evolution. So it affects only living things. I haven't read Norse SS yet but I plan to. Judging just from her ability's name I am assuming her ability only works on living things.

What I'm saying expands to even reality, the air, any weapon the science side has. But it is just a normal right arm in the face of Magic. Because Magic is already a distortion in the world, this arm of distortions cannot destroy or manipulate it. In the face of guns, nuclear bombs and the like, it is extremely powerful.

Tags
hard science