AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-08-02, 01:34   Link #4061
omega253

Elaboration and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverexorcist View Post
It seems pretty similar to the beginning of the first novel and is pretty much the standard for a meeting between Misaka and Kamijou back in the day. It really depends on how you progress the story's plot before I can personally give an opinion on the story.

As for that idea of yours; I've thought about it before, funnily enough. It would not be ridiculous for Anshin'in-san to have Imagine Breaker among the quadrillion skills she had. She said she had a skill that could cancel any skill (though, clearly, with a different name than Imagine Breaker). I could see Laura Stuart simply being Anshin'in-san in disguise with her hair dyed blonde. And considering the way Medaka Box ended, it's possible to make a crossover like that without breaking away from Medaka Box's canon.
Also, when one remembers that Terra of the Left pointed out that Imagine Breaker was not being used to its full capacity, it could be because Touma is not the original owner. As for the different name, well, when Ajimu gave Kumagawa All-Fiction, it had mutated from the original Ability known as Hundred Gauntlets. And so the Imagine Breaker was simply Ajimu's nullification ability which got mutated for Touma's use. And now we also have an answer on what the Imagine Breaker is, if it's not an esper power or magic spell.

Edit: Just checked Medaka Box wiki, Ajimu had at least one ability that could mutate into Touma's Imagine Breaker. It was called Live Zero, where she could nullify any ability she wants. This could've mutated into Touma's power, while most of its strength was diverted to keeping the Invisible Thing in, only leaving enough power for it to manifest as our misfortunate hero's right hand.

Conclusion: Imagine Breaker was simply an Ability

And I have yet another idea: Before Touma's memory destruction, he was a troll of epic proportions. I mean, really now, just look through early Volume 1 from his conversations with Index, Mikoto, and Aogami. It would also help in his battles because he infuriates his opponents to such a degree that they can't think straight, and therefore, just a bit easier to beat. Although, I'll admit I just want to see him troll everybody as payback for being, to put in terms of TV Tropes, a Cosmic Plaything

Last edited by omega253; 2013-08-02 at 02:32. Reason: More information
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 09:04   Link #4062
Ilidsor
Angelerator

@silverexorcist: Well, I take back what I said. For some reason I was thinking A Certain Dangerous experiment also only had one chapter and that you were writing them at the same time. I don't know where I got that idea from but in my defense I was exhausted yesterday.

@Omega: As a fan of Medaka Box (although I hated the ending) I would love to read another crossover fic.
Old 2013-08-02, 10:53   Link #4063
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

It's no problem. I was considering continuing the story under one title, but it just didn't feel right to me. A Certain Disastrous Investigation will go on for several chapters as well and, in a way, will be referencing a Certain Dangerous Experiment heavily, though I think it's possible to read it without having to read the previous story. The one shot you're thinking of was probably To Be or Not to Be (A Hero).
silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 12:10   Link #4064
omega253

I'm thinking of having a story, where instead of having Touma get his memories destroyed, he goes through the Awakening. This happens because the feather comes into contact with the Imagine Breaker instead of his head, thus triggering it's growth to its full power. The Awakening process is supposedly influenced by several factors, like the recipient having a personal revelation. In this case, Touma never knew what he wanted to do with the Imagine Breaker. When he finds out that it can help Index, he decides to want to use it to help other people. Or maybe I just want to see people mistake Touma for an Angel with strange wings. Although his wings might be something like Aiwass's wings-but-not-wings.

In all honesty, I just like to imagine Touma Awakening to the background music known as Evangelion: Sin From Genesis (The Beast II)
(For those that don't know, this is the music that plays when Shinji defeats Zeruel in Rebuild. If you haven't heard it, go do it now.)
Old 2013-08-02, 12:29   Link #4065
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

...but the feather would be negated by IB, lol.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 13:00   Link #4066
omega253

Ouch, no-selled twice by the same person ( first from the One Punch Man idea). Well, I just want to see what would happen if Touma Awakened. I dare you to say that you're not curious to find out.

On that note, I have 2 possible projects I'm gonna try:
1. OnePunch!Touma's Morning Routine: Kamijou wakes up late and has to use his hilariously high physical prowess to make it to school on time. However, he runs into some obstacles on the way.....
2.Touma's Awakening: After rescuing Index, Kamijou has a personal revelation about himself and the Imagine Breaker. This revelation triggers a growth in the Imagine Breaker with Kamijou finding out that his right hand is not only a nullifier, but also a prison for some type of.... thing beyond comprehension. And it seems like there is still more that Kamijou has to find out. Wings!Touma, wouldn't that be a sight to see. I'm debating whether his wings should be alien like Aiwass's or Dragon wings that were influenced by the Invisible Thing

Thoughts? I'm probably going to do the morning routine, first though. Because Touma having alien Angel/Dragon wings with his memories intact will change a lot of things about the story.......
Old 2013-08-02, 13:55   Link #4067
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Oh believe me, I am mightily interested in your story, but I think the feather touching the right hand and causing such change is stretching my SoD.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 23:03   Link #4068
omega253

Would a Saint be able to know whether or not they are in the presence of a divine existence? If I were to incorporate that into my story, would it be seen as stretching boundaries or making elaborations on the more esoteric abilities of having a body similar to the Son of God? Because frankly, Touma's wings are just going to be straight-up strange, and there will be people commenting on its strange properties
Old 2013-08-02, 23:37   Link #4069
TkMacintosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
So can I assume there was enough for a chapter?

Between Fukiyose, Kongou, and Awaki. Who would be interesting to read about next?
Either of these two are what I'm okay with.

Heck, to be honest, you could have Fukiyose force herself over to Touma's place to help him study to make SURE he passes his next test because she's tired of having the class average brought down.

Not sure where else to go here, but that's just my $0.02.
TkMacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 01:16   Link #4070
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
So can I assume there was enough for a chapter?

Between Fukiyose, Kongou, and Awaki. Who would be interesting to read about next?
I'm up for any of the last two.
Old 2013-08-03, 01:24   Link #4071
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Seems tokiwadai crowd is popular haha. There is also Vento that I would like to add to the choices. What say the people?

Yomikawa isn't too popular is she? Haha
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 03:56   Link #4072
omega253

Pre-Story Notes: Alright, this is a snippet of one of OnePunch!Touma's mornings. Hopefully, I kept him relatively in-character while still giving lots of strength/endurance/speed/nigh-invincibility. Also, this snippet takes place before the confrontation that this Touma had with Mikoto at the bridge, just letting you know.

Time to get the ball rolling!

Kamijou's Misfortunate Morning

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kamijou Touma hated mornings. During some of his stranger days (And rest assured, there were quite a few of them), he thought that there was some higher force whose sole purpose was to make his days a living hell. Although, Kamijou often had a reprieve from a quiet morning before he plunged into the chaotic deluge of chaos that was commonly known as Kamijou Touma’s daily life.

It seemed like he wasn’t going to get any peace and quiet during that particular morning.

He opened his eyes groggily before reaching over to grab his clock to check the time. Kamijou gave a nondescript hum through squinted eyes upon seeing the digits on the electronic screen before setting it back down and lying in his bed. Approximately ten seconds later, his suddenly bloodshot eyes snapped open before his hands blurred over to the digital alarm clock. Kamijou shot up in his bed and stared in a panicked manner at the time. So panicked, in fact, that he temporarily lost his usually-well-maintained control over his strength and crushed the alarm clock, despite it being made of reinforced materials.

‘Oh shit, I’m late!’ Kamijou thought frantically. He rushed out of his bed before changing out of his sleep apparel and into his school uniform quickly. However, he did it so fast that his night clothes floated in the air for a moment before dropping down harmlessly from the fact that Kamijou practically all but teleported out of them.

He quickly rushed around doing his usual morning routines while getting school supplies ready. Kamijou decided that running out the door and going down the elevator or stairs wouldn’t get him to school on time. So, he chose the only logical option that his frantic and sleep-ridden mind could think of.

Kamijou jumped off of his balcony on the seventh floor of his dorm.

Let it be known that there were times when Kamijou Touma could be just as illogical as any of the Seven Level 5’s in Academy City.

As he touched down on the ground after his descent, Kamijou performed a front roll to build momentum for a quick commute to school. After completing the slightly acrobatic action, he broke into a mad sprint at ridiculously high speeds towards his school.

Normally, he would take a leisurely walk to the train station, which would drop him off closer to the school. Well, today, he would have to do something a bit different. Once the train station was in sight, Kamijou made another wild decision in his head and jumped. He jumped high.

The jump was enough to make pass over one of the passing trains, which he landed on relatively safe. He then realized, with an irritated growl, that the train was heading in the opposite direction of his intended location. The misfortunate boy glanced over at the sidewalks beside the train tracks before shrugging as if to say ‘Why not?’

Kamijou jumped in a seemingly logic-defying way for the third time that morning. Because of the moving vehicle he was on top of, his jump was slightly jolted before he headed for the ground head-first. There was a large cracking sound as Kamijou’s head made contact with the ground, before the rest of his body followed suit. He pulled himself up while rubbing some dust and gravel off his head. There was a small crater with spider-web cracks in the ground where Kamijou’s head had been.

The potentially-tardy student blinked and looked around sheepishly at the wide-eyed people who had seen his descent into the unforgiving concrete. He then forced a nervous chuckle, then said, “Um, don’t worry about this, please go about your day.” He didn’t want any more distractions on his way to school, but he had to explain or else rumors would start up about an invincible Level 0 again.

“Ahahahaha, that was pretty gutsy of you, Kamijou!” A delighted voice rang out in the awkward silence. The aforementioned boy blanched as he recognized the source of the statement.

The Number Seven Level 5, Sogiita Gunha, strode toward Kamijou with an ear-to-ear grin pasted on. “How come you never show that much guts during our battles?” He questioned in a good-natured manner.

“Erm, listen, please, Sogiita-san, but I need to get to school or else I’ll have after-school supplementary classes again.” Kamijou requested fervently, hoping to get to school sooner.

“Come on, I’m sure your teacher would understand if she knew that you were held up in a MANLY COMPETITION OF GUTS!” Gunha said, having roared out the last part of his statement proudly.

“No, she won’t.” Kamijou said bluntly. “And even if she did, I doubt she’ll be pleased about it.” At this point, the spiky-haired boy’s body was fidgeting because he was repressing the urge to smash the Level 5 into a building for making him late.

Oh, he knew the fellow, dark-haired boy in front of him was a nice guy and had good intentions, but he really needed to get to school. Then his body froze as he got an idea. It was a crazy one and will probably screw him over at a later date because of it.

But at the moment, Kamijou just really didn’t give a damn.

He sighed tiredly,” Fine, but only one round. You get the first move” He held up a finger to emphasize the statement.

Sogiita’s eyes brightened even further than they already had. “Alright, here I come!”

Then he crouched, drew his fist back, and shouted,” Amazing Pun-“

BOOM!

The Seventh Level 5 didn’t even get to finish his statement as Kamijou’s left fist smashed him in the jaw and sent him flying.

“SORRY, SOGIITA, BUT I REALLY NEED TO GET TO SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLL!” Kamijou shouted apologetically while his running had started up again with renewed vigor. He set off to his school after checking that he was going across the proper route.

The bystanders, who had been silent during the ridiculous exchange of words and fists (Not that Sogiita ever got to send his punch, though), were trying to rationalize the spectacle they had just viewed as another daily oddity of Academy City.

But why couldn’t they help but get the feeling that what they just watched wasn’t normal even by Academy City’s standards?

Meanwhile, Kamijou finally made it to the front gate of his school while skidding to a stop from the run. Oddly enough, he wasn’t sweating or even breathing harder after what looked like a marathon run and performing physical achievements of high note. Kamijou pulled out his phone (He felt relieved when he remembered to pick it up before he left) and saw, to his delight, that he was on time, albeit barely. He once again blinked when he realized that the school was completely empty.

Kamijou tilted his head a little in confusion before his blue eyes landed on a nearby blimp. He gave a quick once-over to the moving text on the blimp’s electronic screen, and then made to walk inside the school premises. His entire body froze mid-step and Kamijou’s head tilted with an ominous creak back to the blimp.

The text on the blimp had been advertising a special holiday sale that was going on that day. The day had been one of the special holidays that occurred only in Academy City, also in which students didn’t have school that day.

Kamijou slowly bowed his head with his eyes being covered by his spiky mess of black hair. His body started twitching spasmodically. He reared his head back (With an unusually vicious expression on his normally bored face) and shouted,

SUCH MISFORTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEE!

-End Snippet-

Post-Story Notes: Poor, misfortunate Touma. This snip can be any day of the school year for Touma. I'm pretty sure that Academy City has its own holidays, so this scenario can happen, right?

Well, please leave your thoughts on the snippet so I can continue to improve my writing skills. With that said, I'm out.
Old 2013-08-03, 11:32   Link #4073
demino_hellsin
That one guy

She wonders when things changed. She wonders when the person she hated with all her heart could make such a face. Why is it when she saw him, his eyes were always so lax, empty, content. He was the epitome of everything she hated. For people like her who was at a low level, working hard and desiring with a great ambition was what made her existence have meaning. It gave her a reason to remain in this wonderful city of technology. But that person, people like him who did not even try, people who gave up without consideration for those similar to them, people who are level 0's that are trying their hardest to become better. Why is it that face she cannot relate to effort had such a desparate expression? She did not know, she did not understand.

"Fukiyose!"

His voice resounded in her ears. Even as she berated him and threatened him with bodily harm, the concern in his voice was not for himself. The fear was not 'of her' but 'for her'. She could tell, she had been in such situations when someone was about to do something stupid. She approached him in that bustling field of dust and dirt. There was nothing that could harm her, the event was made to be safe. So she did not understand. What she knew, what she could understand was that Kamijou Touma had ruined the event she had erected.

"Kamijou! What are you doing here? Tsuchimikado as well! Were you so desparate to get at least a few wins that you entered a middle school competition?", she barked at them.

Those calls fell on deaf ears. Kamijou's eyes rested on her and solely on her. Rather his eyes were to her left side. Curious, she followed his gaze. It was one of the poles being used in the game. Was there something of interest there?

"Fukiyose get away from there!", he shouted over the noise.

She narrowed her gaze. Why? What was wrong? She followed his gaze again, concluding that it must have been the pole. Was it tampered with? Had they done something to it? Her lips tightened into a thin line, resisting the urge to snarl. Were those two idiots trying to sabotage her efforts?

Her hand reached out, she would examine the pole and expose what tomfoolery they'd been up to. Once she safely undid whatever it was, she would beat them senseless. They deserved just as much.

"Fukiyose don't!"

Loud footsteps stomped hard against the dirt field. Fukiyose's hand was outstretched but her attention was taken by the oncoming male before her. A second, a moment. For a fraction of a second she hesitated.

PAK!

A pop resounded loudly. It was actually a weak sound, but the way it sounded so organic made it stand out so much more.

"Wh-", Fukiyose was confused. Why was this person on the ground?

"Tsuchimikado!"

Kamijou Touma practically screamed the name of his close friend, the boy with bleached blonde hair and shades. He looked so out of place in this field when his features suggested he'd be the type to abandon events like these. He was even more out of place on the ground, seemingly beaten by an unknown force. His back was bending in fixed intervals, following the cues of popping sounds like a sick percussion instrument in a band. The way the pops sounded was reminiscent of one cracking their knuckles only Fukiyose was watching a young man have this happen to his whole body, mainly his back. It was not just disconcerting. She was terrified. Fukiyose had no idea what to do in this situation.

But Kamijou Touma knew what to do. He paused in his step and switched his momentum with nary a pause. He practically slid down to get a proper grip of his friend. Tsuchimikado was still convulsing, those sickening bony pops were not subsiding. With a mighty clap, Kamijou's palm met Tsuchimikado's back in manner making one think he was expelling some sort of demon.

With that one action, the terrifying sight stopped. Tsuchimikado's body no longer twitched unnaturally nor did it make any of those knuckle popping sounds. No comfort could be found in such though. Because Tsuchimikado who was always seemed infallible was laying lifelessly on the ground. He was out cold, no movement, not even the rise and fall of his breathing could be seen without paying detailed attention. The normal highschool girl Fukiyose Seiri, in that one moment recognized the event as no longer just a prank. It was something dangerous. Her instincts, the one that existed as the base of human minds evolved from that of a lowly beast finally unleashed as terror was wrapping around her whole being.

She screamed.

A loud and piercing shriek that drove through the din of the already invalidated game, sounded over the siren demanding the end of this farce. But all of that didn't matter to Fukiyose, it was all just white noise now. The fact of the matter is, had circumstances been different, it would be her on the ground, cradled in Kamijou's arms like a boneless ragdoll. The gravity of it all was crashing down on her and her mind was being crushed under its weight.

PA!

The sound of a large hand contacting flesh rang in her ears. She barely registered the sting of her skin where she was roughly grabbed around the fore arm. Her feet scrambled to move along with her body as it was led somewhere. She was listless, a boil of emotions that should not have been in her on this day. Happiness replaced by sadness, thoughtfulness replaced by confusion, confidence replaced by terror. What is this?

"Fukiyose!"

The normal highschool girl whose only special points were her large forehead and breasts looked forward. It was a familiar head of spiky black hair. One she always related to the worst of humanity as someone who could be called a quitter. The one who should be seen as undependable as most any task given to him ended with misfortune one way or another.

"No matter what happens now. Everything that you will see is real."

But why?

"That's why please"

Why is it that the sight of his back is so reassuring.

"No matter what happens, please face it head on!"

---------------------------

No idea why I wrote this for Fukiyose. Anyone willing to guess which circumstance got switched?
Old 2013-08-03, 14:55   Link #4074
omega253

I can't guess, but that snip was really good. Although I don't know if Fukiyose would do something as blatant as screaming, but considering that she just watched Tsuchimikado's spine snap several times, I suppose any normal person would freak out like she did.

Also, again, I'd like to know what everybody thinks about the snip I posted before it got over-shadowed by that Circumstances chapter(although, it seems coincidental that a snippet like that came right after mine). Hellsin, that chapter was nice and I'm looking forward to more.
Old 2013-08-03, 18:38   Link #4075
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm not sure if one can say my chapter overshadowed yours

I'm not very fond of one punch man so I can't really comment on your work.
Old 2013-08-03, 19:03   Link #4076
omega253

Meh, you don't really need to read that manga to understand the story. The original manga that I got the idea from was just a gag manga with the protagonist getting hilariously bored and depressed from beating everything with one punch. Later on, it's serious, but not much attention is put on Saitama( The One Punch Man).

I'm just wondering whether or not my writing is good enough to start a full story or not. And whether or not I kept Kamijou (oh, and Gunha, too) in character despite giving the misfortunate boy a metric f@$&-ton of Charles Atlas Superpower.

Edit: Oh, okay then. I don't blame you though. Sometimes, the manga can get really boring. I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.

Last edited by omega253; 2013-08-03 at 20:55.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 20:17   Link #4077
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

As I was writing my fic, I discovered a terrible name pun...

Spoiler for Episode 2 epilogue:

Old 2013-08-05, 02:21   Link #4078
omega253

Twist of Fate just got updated.
http://http://m.fanfiction.net/s/953.../Twist-of-Fate

Spoiler for Chapter 2 spoilers:
Old 2013-08-05, 06:59   Link #4079
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Twist of Fate just got updated.
http://http://m.fanfiction.net/s/953.../Twist-of-Fate

Spoiler for Chapter 2 spoilers:
Such misfortune indeed. lol
Old 2013-08-05, 13:52   Link #4080
omega253

For those snippets, that I posted earlier, I need to know something. Did Kamijou (and Gunha) seem OOC? Because I want to know so I can correct the characterization to continue with more stories. Frankly, I'm really worried about what some people think when my version of Touma will be having fist fights with the likes of Silvia (just an example) or Acqua of the Back (now, this one really will happen). I'm going to have to make my story an AU. As for why? Touma having Charles Atlas Superpower is going to change up way too many things to keep the story adhering to canon.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction