AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-25, 23:17   Link #221
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There is a live netcast here now of a live event in Tokyo featuring seiyuus from MM and Hyakka Ryouran: Yuuki Aoi, Taketatsu Ayana, Kotobuki Minako, Hayami Saori, Kugimiya Rie. The net is showing promos while they show a preview episode at the event. The seiyuus, etc., should appear in about 15 minutes from now (12:15 midnight US east coast time).

On her blog, posted a couple of hours ago, Yuuki Aoi reported that nerves were giving her a stomache ache -- but she was still going to try to eat a spicy shrimp rice ball.

EDIT almost 2 hrs later: The Hyakka Ryouran part of the show was great. Fifteen minutes of talk featuring Ao-chan, Kugyu, Kotobuki and Kobayashi Yuu (the "Master Painter"). Ao-chan jived around and chattered. The comments posted as it was on said how cute Kugyu's movements were. Kotobuki and Kobayashi showed some zettai ryouiki, and Kobayashi went off on one of her trademark boke ramblings.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-09-26 at 01:54.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 00:38   Link #222
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

hey kaoru thanks for the link been having fun
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 08:22   Link #223
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
EDIT almost 2 hrs later: The Hyakka Ryouran part of the show was great. Fifteen minutes of talk featuring Ao-chan, Kugyu, Kotobuki and Kobayashi Yuu (the "Master Painter"). Ao-chan jived around and chattered. The comments posted as it was on said how cute Kugyu's movements were. Kotobuki and Kobayashi showed some zettai ryouiki, and Kobayashi went off on one of her trademark boke ramblings.
I wish I could have seen this.

A nice magazine spread scanned was scanned today:

Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2010-09-26, 08:30   Link #224
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Looks totally Queen's Blade-ish.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 11:36   Link #225
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Looks totally Queen's Blade-ish.
Done by the same studio. But the look, the director, and the writer are all different from QB. And the anime doesn't look like that drawing -- except for the abundance of flesh, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon
I wish I could have seen this.
I wish I could have recorded it for posting, but the page wouldn't let me save. And a Media Factory tweet says today to please accept that it was just a live event and they will not be posting the video. The web address is a general Media Factory Ustream account, so perhaps they will do more events like this. They had about 650 viewers on line at any given time, and a total of almost 4000 views.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-09-26, 12:09   Link #226
StudioJC
Loser-Bum

I like the rather "unique" art style. Other than that, it looks like Queen's Blade.

I'm not expecting too much on the story side of things.
StudioJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 13:14   Link #227
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Done by the same studio. But the look, the director, and the writer are all different from QB. And the anime doesn't look like that drawing -- except for the abundance of flesh, lol.I wish I could have recorded it for posting, but the page wouldn't let me save. And a Media Factory tweet says today to please accept that it was just a live event and they will not be posting the video. The web address is a general Media Factory Ustream account, so perhaps they will do more events like this. They had about 650 viewers on line at any given time, and a total of almost 4000 views.
Were you participating in the chat at all? Did you see me ?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 13:28   Link #228
Aishitemo

What I like about the anime so far is its art style and soundtrack. I think it makes it very unique and hope it stays that way for the duration of its existance.
Aishitemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 15:06   Link #229
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Were you participating in the chat at all? Did you see me ?
Sorry, I wasn't paying much attention to who was posting, as I scrambled to understand what they were writing at the same time as keeping track of what the seiyuus were saying. But it was a great event, and I hope they do more of this streaming. Amazing to see it in real time (more or less, since I think there might have been a bit of delay).
Old 2010-09-27, 18:00   Link #230
dark998

Quote:
There is a live netcast here now of a live event in Tokyo featuring seiyuus from MM and Hyakka Ryouran: Yuuki Aoi, Taketatsu Ayana, Kotobuki Minako, Hayami Saori, Kugimiya Rie. The net is showing promos while they show a preview episode at the event. The seiyuus, etc., should appear in about 15 minutes from now (12:15 midnight US east coast time).

They showed episode 2 in that event.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51080368.html

We still have to wait two weeks to see it.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 18:32   Link #231
Pheonix03

Scan from Nyantype:

Spoiler for NSFW:

Judging by the preview screens of the second episode, this is looking more and more like a harem anime to me. I also fear that there may not be much fighting going on since most of the girls seem to get along with eachother.
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 18:34   Link #232
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix03 View Post
Scan from Nyantype:

Spoiler for NSFW:
The fan-service is killing me with nose-bleed
Old 2010-09-29, 03:35   Link #233
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I also fear that there may not be much fighting going on since most of the girls seem to get along with eachother.
Only in newtype spreads and such, which happens all the time for these type of battle shows with a huge female cast. It has nothing to do with the actual content of the series.
Old 2010-09-29, 06:01   Link #234
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I heard that this show is censored, in other words they black out most of the episode
Old 2010-09-29, 14:44   Link #235
Pheonix03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Only in newtype spreads and such, which happens all the time for these type of battle shows with a huge female cast. It has nothing to do with the actual content of the series.
I was basing my judgement off of the screencaps of episode 2. It seems like only 3 girls are antagonistic; since it seems Senhime and Hanzou are on some fair ground with the main cast.

Also, new Megami scan:

Spoiler for NSFW:

Heh, I may end up watching this anime just for Hanzou. It's a shame they destroyed any potential relationship between her and Senhime right at the beginning. Oh well, better now then later.

Last edited by Pheonix03; 2010-09-29 at 15:16.
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 15:59   Link #236
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...Heh, I may end up watching this anime just for Hanzou. It's a shame they destroyed any potential relationship between her and Senhime right at the beginning. Oh well, better now then later.
I thought Gotou Saori did an amazing job with the character of Hanzou in episode one. Really vivid voice work. She starred in Rakugo Tennyou Yui a few years ago and I have never understood why she hasn't got more good roles. She and Katou Emiri have done some video shows together. Gotou herself is quite beautiful, in my opinion:

I'm hoping that Senhime has told Hanzou it's over many times before, and never quite pulls the trigger.

Episode 2 of the entertaining radio show featuring Kotobuki Minako and Yuuki Aoi should be up on Friday.
Old 2010-09-29, 22:14   Link #237
ZeKeR
Superbad

guys... where IS episode 2 anyway?
Old 2010-09-29, 22:26   Link #238
Midonin
Last Engage

The show's actual debut (at episode 1) is this coming Sunday. You can figure out the rest.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 23:15   Link #239
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The show's actual debut (at episode 1) is this coming Sunday. You can figure out the rest.
midonin... i salute you
Old 2010-09-30, 10:09   Link #240
Irie

The first episode was actually pretty inter nesting. Not being overly versed in Japanese history it took a while to fully understand the references. That being said, it's nice to see a show that has such a creative premise. At least for this episode.

The animation was quite good but I wonder how long the splatter effects will remain interesting. Nice for the while but could get annoying over the course of a full season. I'm not a big fan of Queen's Blade and couldn't even finish the first episode so from that perfective I thought the comparisons are a just superficial. Big female cast with alot of nudity yet it didn't seem overwhelming yet. Maybe the actually storyline helps keep the attention away from all the ecchiness.

Looking forward to what comes next. I don't see this as a harem yet but that all depends on the protagonist. There appears to be a good deal of future introductions and all the ingredients are there. Include a certain activation kiss and you can't help but conclude this will be similar to Sekirei but with a strong male lead. Something that's been lacking in these type of shows lately.

I don't thinks it's been mentioned but didn't the voice actor for the protagonist all do School Days? I wonder if he received any stigma after that series ended to such critical acclaim (sarcasm). Please let me know if I am wrong.

Tags
action, ecchi, light novel adaptation, seinen, shounen