Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-27, 12:18   Link #1001
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It's probably obvious what it means.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-27, 12:20   Link #1002
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
It's probably obvious what it means.
Look at the sentence Dann. 'Probably' and 'Obvious' do not belong in the sentence together. If it were obvious then there would be no probably, if it were probably, then it wouldn't be obvious. Sufice to say, this isn't obvious, its near groundless speculation that is only plausible because there is, currently, nothing to contradict it. At the same time, however, there isn't all that much to support it beyond a few red flags.
Old 2008-06-27, 12:21   Link #1003
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
she said that order was almost gone by that point
could she really afford to lose her biggest hitter
besides
kallen already knew the "big secret"
now she just needed to know the motives and small details
Old 2008-06-27, 12:23   Link #1004
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Look at the sentence Dann. 'Probably' and 'Obvious' do not belong in the sentence together. If it were obvious then there would be no probably, if it were probably, then it wouldn't be obvious. Sufice to say, this isn't obvious, its near groundless speculation that is only plausible because there is, currently, nothing to contradict it. At the same time, however, there isn't all that much to support it beyond a few red flags.
Okay okay. Sorry. You're probably all right as usual though.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-27, 12:29   Link #1005
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I think you're missing the point here. Zeros's identity as a prince of Britannia is kept secret because if it were to get out then most of the loyalty the Black Knights have for him would just disappear. To reveal it is a very risky thing to do, you even have to gamble on if the provided backstory explaining his motives would be taken as valid or not.
I'm sure his previous actions have been enough to alleviate the Black Knights concerns. Also he has Kirihara Tiazou backing
Old 2008-06-27, 12:29   Link #1006
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
I'm sure his previous actions have been enough to alleviate the Black Knights concerns. Also he has Kirihara Tiazou backing
I said most of their loyalty would disappear, not all of it.
Old 2008-06-27, 12:30   Link #1007
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

after what happend in season 1 to sherly's dad
and after what happend in gundam 00 with

Spoiler for gundam 00 spiloer:

it got me thinking that they might try doing something like that this time around too

the show is just full of non-combatent characters who could end up getting hurt like that (the shock in gundam 00 was that no one could picture that character being hurt like that)

do you think they might do something like that to one of the SC
or cecile and loyed
Old 2008-06-27, 12:37   Link #1008
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

They've already done that to Shirley to some degree. Cecile already lose someone in the past it seems and I don't think Lloyd is close enough to anyone.

Old 2008-06-27, 12:38   Link #1009
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
she said that order was almost gone by that point
could she really afford to lose her biggest hitter
besides
kallen already knew the "big secret"
now she just needed to know the motives and small details
Could she really afford to give out such highly coveted information to someone with uncertain loyalty and a broken image of her idol? Remember Lelouch made himself look evil, so Kallen's loyalty after S1 would have been very shaky. Does the prospect of regaining one member out weigh the possible risk of letting that form of information out into the open? The Geass is one thing, as its unbelievable to those who've never experienced it, but the fact that he is a prince, that his sister is a princess, and so on can be believed especially if people do their research. And as was said, it could have decimated the Order if it were to be spread. Kallen only knew that he was Zero, she nor anyone else (aside from C.C.), knew that he was a prince.
Old 2008-06-27, 12:41   Link #1010
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Maybe she wanted to repair the loyalty by making her understand. If not, then kill her. But you're probably right. It is highly suspicious and probably proves a number of your theories though that isn't a surprise.

Old 2008-06-27, 12:58   Link #1011
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
They've already done that to Shirley to some degree. Cecile already lose someone in the past it seems and I don't think Lloyd is close enough to anyone.
Lloyd can be hurt.. He is close to someone... There's a certain Knightmare out there in the world in the ownership of his fiance (who apparently likes him to some degree). I think he's starting to form a little liking of Millay too. Here's to hoping Rivalz stays out of it, the unruly brute.

There's two things that could stem from the Black Knights learning of Lelouch's real identity:
1: They realize that he is a powerful man masquerading as a mere school boy, an ex-Britannian Prince seeking revenge, and find that he's a far greater threat to the Britannian Empire and follow him with twice the belief.
2: They realize that he's an ex-Britannian Prince and are disgusted with him and leave.
Personally, #2 has my money because the Black Knights members aren't always very rational. His inner circle would probably stay, and especially his media worshipper.
Old 2008-06-27, 13:02   Link #1012
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
There's two things that could stem from the Black Knights learning of Lelouch's real identity:
1: They realize that he is a powerful man masquerading as a mere school boy, an ex-Britannian Prince seeking revenge, and find that he's a far greater threat to the Britannian Empire and follow him with twice the belief.
2: They realize that he's an ex-Britannian Prince and are disgusted with him and leave.
Personally, #2 has my money because the Black Knights members aren't always very rational. His inner circle would probably stay, and especially his media worshipper.
Or they could think of it as a sick game of succession for the throne and leave en masse.
Old 2008-06-27, 13:04   Link #1013
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

kirihara was worried of what might happen if they found out
Old 2008-06-27, 13:06   Link #1014
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Or they could think of it as a sick game of succession for the throne and leave en masse.
And with the whole incident with Euphie, they will be even more leery of trusting a Britannian royal.
Old 2008-06-27, 13:18   Link #1015
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, he hasn't exactly been acting like a royal recently.

Old 2008-06-27, 13:44   Link #1016
Dream_Traveller
Banned

You don't need to act like a royal for people to realize that you are one.
Old 2008-06-27, 13:57   Link #1017
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
You don't need to act like a royal for people to realize that you are one.
Not to mention that to most people its not how you act but the title that was placed on you at birth or somewhere in life. Once a prince, always a prince in many eyes, even if he acted like a saint.
Old 2008-06-27, 14:03   Link #1018
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Meh, nevermind. I suppose it wouldn't matter to them how he has acted then.

Old 2008-06-27, 14:14   Link #1019
yamibakura

I suppose on an individual level a person can understand. Telling the same to a group what you would tell to one person can be dangerous. Mob mentality is never rational. It goes back to something Lelouch said a long time ago. "The more they claim to to be comrades in arms, the easier it is to sow the seeds of (doubt/deception)," I'm sure there is some possibility it could work against him as well. I still wonder what reaction Lelouch would get.

Heh, Diethard would think of some completely new reason to support Zero - and create a story of the former Britanian prince inspired a whole people in a bid to avenge his mother's death, free japan and the area colonies, and save the chinese federation and its people. I definitely think Diethard would overlook Lelouch's heritage and see his actions and what he is doing. Of course Diethard still has to discover the power of the heart. You know what, I don't think there will be too much of an issue, aside from the big shock at seeing identity of the person behind Zero's mask.
Old 2008-06-27, 14:56   Link #1020
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
after what happend in season 1 to sherly's dad
and after what happend in gundam 00 with

Spoiler for gundam 00 spiloer:

it got me thinking that they might try doing something like that this time around too

the show is just full of non-combatent characters who could end up getting hurt like that (the shock in gundam 00 was that no one could picture that character being hurt like that)

do you think they might do something like that to one of the SC
or cecile and loyed
Why do I see Milly for some reason?
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories