AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-02, 00:04   Link #181
abc0716

The first half of episode 9 is similar with 'President Aria exclusive' episode on Aria series and the cat episode of Sketchbook, in my opinion. Quite an amusing segment by the way.
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 10:47   Link #182
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Tamayura 10 - Tamayura the Let's Put on a Show:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 12:13   Link #183
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
One thing I love is how they took advantage of the fact they had a cour to work with this time around to expand on the cast and flesh things out. As of episode 10, this remains my favorite series of the season.

(I really need to post here more often, and give the impression I'm actually watching stuff)
Old 2011-12-05, 16:32   Link #184
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
The first half of episode 9 is similar with 'President Aria exclusive' episode on Aria series and the cat episode of Sketchbook, in my opinion. Quite an amusing segment by the way.
Funny you should mention this - I was just thinking the same thing last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
One thing I love is how they took advantage of the fact they had a cour to work with this time around to expand on the cast and flesh things out. As of episode 10, this remains my favorite series of the season.

(I really need to post here more often, and give the impression I'm actually watching stuff.)
Agreed about the fleshing out eps and it being my fave series of the season.

It is interesting that in ep 9 they "fleshed out" both Momoneko-sama and the two girl photographer-shop visitors some. I am wondering if they will have an ep dedicated to "Maestro" as well (i.e. the owner of the Rising Sun shop)?

In some ways I am kinda hopeful that this will foreshadow another season of Tamayura - that is in season 1 they flesh out the characters and do world-building and in other seasons they go into more detail and character development. I wonder if a similar approach was done with the Aria series?

Speaking of Aria btw, as a reminder to all the VA of Shihomi the photographer is the same as Akari from the Aria series.
Old 2011-12-08, 08:57   Link #185
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

About time Kaoru got her own episode. As her name implies, she is into fragrances. Nothing surprising here.

Putting on an exhibition to showcase the quartet's talents to the town was a brilliant idea on her part.The groundwork has been set for the finale thanks to her. I bet -and hope- Chihiro will attend it. She could even participate with her handmade plushies.
Old 2011-12-08, 15:30   Link #186
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

You know, this show is just like Seinfeld - I mean if Seinfeld were about 4 high-school girls who look about 12, lived in rural Japan instead of the Upper West Side and was completely sweet and innocent instead of cutting and hysterically jaded. You've got a "show about nothing" with four main characters, and a cast of lovable eccentrics who pop up to stir the pot. If only Tamayura had a Soup Nazi or Crazy Joe Devola, I'd pay to see that.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 17:55   Link #187
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Yay a Kaoru ep! Lol how Kou's friend (forgot her name) takes pictures of fights.
Old 2011-12-08, 23:16   Link #188
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A Kaoru episode finely but to bad she was depressed tell Fu Maon and Norie cheered her up
Old 2011-12-09, 01:04   Link #189
Dr. Casey

I think Potte, Norie, and Maon might have overreacted a bit here... it's good to want to be supportive, but I'm not sure that a friend acting somewhat pensive really justifies spamming a phone with 30 text messages, or a big get-together with such a solemn atmosphere you'd think Kaoru was showing signs of being suicidal or something. It all just seems a tad overbearing. Who knows how much they'd fall apart if someone amongst their group acted outright sad or angry.

Loved the episode as always, though. Sets up an interesting-sounding finale, and the next episode should probably be a good one since I love Christmas.

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2011-12-09 at 01:22.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 18:39   Link #190
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Hmm ... well ... I am surprised. For the first time I was a little disappointed in a Tamayura Hitotose ep this season. :\

Ep 10 simply did not seem to go much of anywhere with Kaoru. Her choice felt awkward and "forced" to me somehow - it jilted my usual immersion in the series out of the ep for the first time.

Perhaps it will either "go back to normal" in ep 11 or it will show the "wherefore and why" of ep 10 in a convincing and refreshing light somehow, though, so I will hold off on being too ... umm ... disjointed for the moment.

7/10 vote for ep 10 from me.

After the ep was over I suddenly remembered a strange thing - I had been really enjoying Usagi Drop last season as well when ep 10 suddenly had a similar effect on me. Strange.
Old 2011-12-12, 10:39   Link #191
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Tamayura 11 - Tamayura the Whistling Caruso:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 13:08   Link #192
sikvod00

Yay! Another Maon-centric episode! Can't wait for subs to come out!
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 12:47   Link #193
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Subs for ep 11 are out!

Okay - having watched it I have been re-confirmed in something about myself. I am a huge emotional sap ... I literally wept at Maon's ... umm ... overcoming herself, I guess? (Trying not to write any spoiler content ftm). Such a nice ep all around, and it looks like the showcase of everyone's talents will be put off until next ep. Must admit that my reservations with the ending of ep 10 were for the moment placated by ep 11. Looks like the showcasing of everyone's talents will be the main focus of the last ep in connection with the New Year.

8/10 out of 10 vote for me on ep 11.

*sigh* ... pardon me while I go wash my face.

Last edited by Flower; 2011-12-13 at 13:39.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 15:17   Link #194
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Yay Maon! Very nice ep. So the exhibition will be next week.
Old 2011-12-13, 17:13   Link #195
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh god, another Maon episode

The staff definitely loves her as much as we do. I empathized with her more than ever this week. I was rooting for her with all my might throughout all the episode. Appearing on stage takes tremendous courage for shy persons like me and Maon, I can only admire her for overcoming her insecurities and sharing her deepest feelings with the audience. The end of her story was so heartwarming I got teary-eyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Subs for ep 11 are out!

Okay - having watched it I have been re-confirmed in something about myself. I am a huge emotional sap ... I literally wept at Maon's ... umm ... overcoming herself, I guess? (Trying not to write any spoiler content ftm).
It's not just you being a huge emotional sap, the writing and directing is simply that good. Tamayura is one of the anime that has made me feel the most emotions this year. And more importantly, it makes me feel good. All hail Junichi Satou! Please... think about making an Amanchu! adaptation.
Old 2011-12-13, 18:07   Link #196
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
....It's not just you being a huge emotional sap, the writing and directing is simply that good. Tamayura is one of the anime that has made me feel the most emotions this year....
Well ... there is that too, of course.

BTW - is it just me or have the past two eps stopped presenting characters that are either new or gone into depth with already existing characters?
Old 2011-12-13, 18:24   Link #197
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Ahh! Cute Maon tearing up in this episode! Must...resist...to hug screen...to cheer her up!

*Faceplants screen*

This was another wonderful episode that was surrounded with emotions. I just love Maon
Old 2011-12-14, 23:09   Link #198
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Maon story was just so great and she was so cute at the end
Old 2011-12-15, 03:20   Link #199
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

I couldn't even watch her reading on stage because my stage-fright got to me. >.<

I don't have the cojones Maon has.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 07:47   Link #200
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

And so ... with ep 12 it ends....

*sigh*

First and foremost let me say that I only watched the raws, but that I enjoyed the ep very much nonetheless - this is a series I have enjoyed thoroughly and in a heartfelt way. The exhibition of the four main girls' talents did not come off as odd as it did at the end of ep 10 when I first heard of the idea - for that I am glad! And there were many very funny and moving moments for me throughout the ep proper (no spoilers here).

I for one am going to miss being able to "travel inside" the lovely little world of Tamayura - without a doubt it has been the series I looked forward to the most as each "new week" rolled around. I love the characters, I love the artwork of the animation, I love the soundtrack - so many parts of the series have endeared themselves to me, and made the initial deposit given through the 4 OVAs (and even the drama cd) to grow much broader and even brighter.

I do not know if any of the staff of Tamayura will look in on this thread (as a member of Satellite did on the Ikoku Meiro series, for example), but if they do I would like to offer both them and the other members of the forum who traveled alongside with me all these weeks my heartfelt thanks. There were not many of us who frequented the thread on a week to week level, but those who did visit were steady visitors.

I think Momoneko would approve!

Overall rating for the series is 8.5 out of 10. I will definitely subject this series to many re-watchings and eagerly look forward to the BD releases....

Once again thank you one and all!

Tags
iyashikei, slice of life