AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Old 2012-01-30, 21:45   Link #841
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
That doesn't mean much. She is also reflected in the mirror but since this is a somewhat supernatural anime she might as well be dead.
Do ghosts reflect in horror movies? nvm, Ghost Whisper answered this.

Mei acts like she's alive imo based on the Ghost Whisperer's rules.
Old 2012-01-30, 21:49   Link #842
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Episode 2,when she's walking down the street crows start crying when they notice her,they can see her.
Animals can sense ghost you know?
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 21:51   Link #843
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That doesn't mean much. She is also reflected in the mirror but since this is a somewhat supernatural anime she might as well be dead.
I'm still waiting for any signs of anyone even remotely acknowledging her existence other than Kouichi, even something as small as averting their eyes or moving out of her way.

I think the closest was the glasses girl who was immediately killed off.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 21:51   Link #844
Lumir

Looks like the curse has something to do with discussing or believing in the "misaki". Seems like the more our main character discusses her with anyone the sooner they die.

That lady at the doll shop clearly is a robot or something, maby a different dimension as it was empty as soon as our main character walked into it, yet someone right before him went in. Also "misaki" happened to be right next to her doll again. Im getting vibes that this doll is part of her or is her, and she is just a ghost inhabiting it, and maby that girl that walked in before him is also one of those special dolls.

Now onto the discussion with his sister. It looks like breaking the school rules equals death on someones part. She clearly told him to fallow all the rules and his class mates were also talking about it. Someone broke the rules. Was it our main character going to the top of the old building to speak with misaki?
Old 2012-01-30, 21:59   Link #845
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
That lady at the doll shop clearly is a robot or something, maby a different dimension as it was empty as soon as our main character walked into it, yet someone right before him went in. Also "misaki" happened to be right next to her doll again. Im getting vibes that this doll is part of her or is her, and she is just a ghost inhabiting it, and maby that girl that walked in before him is also one of those special dolls.
Or... Misaki lives upstairs and a hidden access (service stairwell) is behind that coffin and drapes. There is a hidden camera in the room and that's why she knows when he arrives. The shop is full of expensive items therefore there has to be a camera down there to make sure no one walks off with the goods.

The woman who came in before him could be the doll artist who lives upstairs in her studio.
Old 2012-01-30, 22:04   Link #846
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Animals can sense ghost you know?
Well I didn't but if you say so.

There's also the fact that Mei's cousin would then also be able to see ghosts since Mei said she liked to play with her.
Or is not the ghost of Misaki but someone else and was still alive a little while ago?
Unless Mei's lying,wouldn't be a first

They also did put an exam form on her desk,this intrigues me in both cases.
If she's alive why suddenly aknowledge her?
If she's dead why put something on the desk?
Old 2012-01-30, 22:05   Link #847
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Well at least the nurse kicked the bucket in a more pain-less way. It's pretty much instant death at the way she died and not left to hang like a bleeding pig.
No, not really.
The nurse's death wasn't instantaneous or painless. After the crash, Kouichi and us could hear her death gurgles over his cell phone. I guess you missed those sounds?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 22:10   Link #848
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Or... Misaki lives upstairs and a hidden access (service stairwell) is behind that coffin and drapes. There is a hidden camera in the room and that's why she knows when he arrives. The shop is full of expensive items therefore there has to be a camera down there to make sure no one walks off with the goods.

The woman who came in before him could be the doll artist who lives upstairs in her studio.
Or that the dolls are actually corpses of old victims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
They also did put an exam form on her desk,this intrigues me in both cases.
If she's alive why suddenly aknowledge her?
If she's dead why put something on the desk?
Could be that the people of that class must treat Mei as if she's alive? At least, by giving her a test paper?
Old 2012-01-30, 22:16   Link #849
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Or that the dolls are actually corpses of old victims.
I think that's impossible just judging at the size of the dolls and besides...one can easily figure a real corpse from an artificial.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 22:18   Link #850
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
No, not really.
The nurse's death wasn't instantaneous or painless. After the crash, Kouichi and us could hear her death gurgles over his cell phone. I guess you missed those sounds?
I'm fairly sure that those were the sounds of the elevator or the noise from connection failure.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 22:21   Link #851
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I think that's impossible just judging at the size of the dolls and besides...one can easily figure a real corpse from an artificial.
I wasn't really serious about that one :P

Quote:
I'm fairly sure that those were the sounds of the elevator or the noise from connection failure.
Yup, they are noise from connection failure.

If they were sound of the nurse gurgling blood then +10 points to the director.
Old 2012-01-30, 22:22   Link #852
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Given that the supposed curse started with someone saying that Misaki wasn't dead, and given that the first cursed class put considerable effort into acknowledging her existence, it's fitting that not only is Sakakibara an outsider who doesn't know the rules, but that he specifically represents a herald. His declaration at the end of this episode that Misaki exists, and the death of the nurse moments after mark the moment where we have no choice but to conclude that "it" has most assuredly begun, and if there was an opportunity to turn back, it's gone.

If he is fulfilling the role of the herald, and his name is associated with death at that school, I have to wonder if the first person to "see" Misaki might have been his father.

The aunt's headache seems to bode very ill for her. However, I suppose another possible interpretation of that scene is that she's suffering from a kind of class 3 PTSD, and has been engaging in extensive "self-medicating" since the class rep's accident. Do we only know the third thing she taught him about Yomi High? I'm pretty sure we entered that scene in episode 1 when she was discussing the third thing, and she was interrupted before teaching him the fourth.

They REALLY like showing us Misaki standing next to the doll with the green eyes. Specifically, with the green right eye.

I wonder if the woman who gives Sakakibara the stink-eye outside the doll shop is important, or if it's just another clue that he shouldn't be messing around with that place.

It was good to see him putting his familiarity with horror movie tropes to good use. Had he not seen the plate glass and immediately thought "Omen", I'm thinking there would be two fewer Yomi High students the next day.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 22:25   Link #853
LKK

Quote:
If it weren't for how they made the other girl's death linger, I'd be inclined to agree with you. But I firmly believe that in this instance we're supposed to take the most horrific possibility as the most likely. Besides it seemed to me as everything mechanical had quieted down by that point.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 22:32   Link #854
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Given that the supposed curse started with someone saying that Misaki wasn't dead, and given that the first cursed class put considerable effort into acknowledging her existence, it's fitting that not only is Sakakibara an outsider who doesn't know the rules, but that he specifically represents a herald. His declaration at the end of this episode that Misaki exists, and the death of the nurse moments after mark the moment where we have no choice but to conclude that "it" has most assuredly begun, and if there was an opportunity to turn back, it's gone.

If he is fulfilling the role of the herald, and his name is associated with death at that school, I have to wonder if the first person to "see" Misaki might have been his father.
This is quite a theory, I like it. But then why is Sakakibara's dad able to see Mei if he is a member of that class? And why send his son back, knowing that the deadly curse that wreathes the town?

Could the WMG that Sakakibara's dad x Mei pairing was correct and that the dad send Sakakibara back to trigger the curse again, for revenge? for LOLZ?
Old 2012-01-30, 22:38   Link #855
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
This is quite a theory, I like it. But then why is Sakakibara's dad able to see Mei if he is a member of that class? And why send his son back, knowing that the deadly curse that wreathes the town? Could the WMG that Sakakibara's dad x Mei pairing was correct and that the dad send Sakakibara back to trigger the curse again, for revenge? for LOLZ?
It's really more looking for patterns than a full-on theory at this stage. And of course, regardless of who the first "herald" was, there's no evidence that they really saw Mei, just that they set the events in motion that lead to the curse. Now it's the new kid filling the same role, although in this case we know that he can really see her. This is all, of course, assuming we accept the theory that acknowledging her existence is the trigger.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 22:45   Link #856
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Spoiler for tidiness:
My earlier post on page 19

Spoiler for Just in case someone doesn't know.:
Old 2012-01-30, 22:50   Link #857
kimpleng
Lurker

Isn't modern elevator have some kind brake mechanism?

This anime.... what year its happen? Early 70's or what?
Yes I can't take anything from fiction seriously. But this is just silly, I thought.
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 22:52   Link #858
novalysis

1998 , if I'm not wrong.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 22:54   Link #859
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for ep 4:

Still, I am now convinced not to get attached to the characters. Definitely entering alert mode from here on. Anyone could die except for the main protagonist and Misaki. Yup...

Ah... I'll definitely feel uncomfortable when riding the elevators now. It sucks since it's the only way I can get to the tenth floor of the hospital... Yeah, not looking forward to volunteer work this week... ;_;
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 23:02   Link #860
sa547
*Author

Memo to self: do not read the spoilerish Wikipedia entry on the novel again, not until the whole show ends. My blood now has ice flowing afterwards... damn.

Unless there's a plot change; some may survive, some may not.

Tags
horror, seinen