AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-05, 04:32   Link #21
Inept Forum User

Thanks for the info.

Found a short blurb - looks like Marika's in trouble (source)
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 04:49   Link #22
justpassingby

From HMV twitter, both Miniskirt Space Pirates novel vol 9 and manga vol 1 will be on sale on November 20th [twitter]
Novel [link] Manga [link]
Old 2012-10-09, 03:21   Link #23
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

thanks for info
manga vol 1 will contain the first 5 chapters?
Old 2012-10-10, 08:07   Link #24
Inept Forum User

I've found what appears to be a glossary that goes up to Volume 6 (link). I don't know how accurate it is, but it does appear to have referencing.

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2012-10-10 at 11:12.
Old 2012-10-26, 10:12   Link #25
justpassingby

^That page is the one that I wanted to translate . But seeing someone from B-T is going to translate the novel, I'm not sure if I should continue to do it.

From background image of Sasamoto-sensei's twitter. I believe this is going to be the novel cover for vol 9

Images
Marika, Chiaki, Bentenmaru(?), and Barbarussa
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Hmm, it looks like the reviews for MiniPai are not favorable. I think this has something to do with Sensei treating the girls as 'decoration' for his self-gratification on spaceships and space that no one cares except the little few

ps: this is loosely related, but since Last Letter (3rd printing) is going on sale next month, I hope the one who made this will update his video.
Spoiler for Some random Japanese song using D.K illustrations and other anime :

Next year is going to be the 30th Anniversary for the end of HiMAT program. I hope next year or the next one the forefather of LN will get a OVA treatment or something. HiMAT was trashed immediately though by Nobu :P.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-10-27 at 06:36.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 18:04   Link #26
Inept Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
^That page is the one that I wanted to translate .
I see - so it is indeed an accurate source. Thanks for confirming it (and sorry if I overstepped my bounds).

Quote:
From background image of Sasamoto-sensei's twitter. I believe this is going to be the novel cover for vol 9

Images
Marika, Chiaki, Bentenmaru(?), and Barbarussa
Has the Barbaroosa been repainted?

Quote:
Hmm, it looks like the reviews for MiniPai are not favorable. I think this has something to do with Sensei treating the girls as 'decoration' for his self-gratification on spaceships and space that no one cares except the little few
Do you think this might be a problem for the series?

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2012-10-31 at 18:24. Reason: Trying to put thoughts/questions into words. Can't find the right words.
Old 2012-10-31, 19:36   Link #27
justpassingby

^Barubarusa is in that color since Matsumoto posted his takes on the ships

Images
Bentenmaru and Barubarusa
Quote:
Do you think this might be a problem for the series?
Problems? What problems? Of course there will be troubles when LNs are adapted into visual form.
I think someone at 2ch said the movie is going to be more original content. And IIRC, Sasamoto-sensei said he's looking forward to Mouretsu Pirates movie and one other different movie next year (based on his twitter post last month). Last week akiman twitted that Director Tomino would be happy if he shows him the drawing of Misa, and it made Sasamoto-sensei rejoiced. Everyone is happy it seems.

And to keep this thread relevant
Spoiler for Summary Vol 4 - Prologue:

Edit: No manga chapter this month, and the tankoubon for vol 1 is delayed to December 7th.
Novel vol 9 Amazon JP link. Upon magnification, the other ship is indeed Bentenmaru.
Preview for vol 9
Quote:
Marika and her crews saved a Transport Ship from a mysterious attacker, but before they know it, Bentenmaru has become the culprit. They are even on the "Wanted Poster" list.
Bentenmaru greatest crisis is now!
I'll continue with the summary later because Text, Text and Tax, Tax everywhere . And in case people don't know this, Sasamoto-sensei was a dropout from Tokyo Keizai (Economy) University before he became an author.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-11-03 at 09:17.
Old 2012-11-03, 09:38   Link #28
Inept Forum User

Bit of a pickle they're in...wonder how things will turn out.

Quote:
Problems? What problems? Of course there will be troubles when LNs are adapted into visual form.
I think someone at 2ch said the movie is going to be more original content. And IIRC, Sasamoto-sensei said he's looking forward to Mouretsu Pirates movie and one other different movie next year (based on his twitter post last month). Last week akiman twitted that Director Tomino would be happy if he shows him the drawing of Misa, and it made Sasamoto-sensei rejoiced. Everyone is happy it seems.
That's good to hear.

(The problem I was thinking of was more to do with the novels than the anime, though I don't think it's a major concern)

Quote:
I'll continue with the summary later because Text, Text and Tax, Tax everywhere
Jackie's fault, I presume?

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2012-11-17 at 07:46.
Old 2012-11-03, 17:52   Link #29
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Edit: No manga chapter this month, and the tankoubon for vol 1 is delayed to December 7th.
snif not want to wait
Old 2012-11-13, 21:11   Link #30
justpassingby

I'm no Spiderman so I'll try to keep my promise. It was hard to summarize people talking about money, and me myself didn't had the time and space. So here is a quick summary for vol 4 chapter 1 up until pg 34. Some of the dialogue were not included, and it is a "Fuck the Grammar Police" edition .

Spoiler for Summary Vol 4 - Prologue:
Spoiler for Chapter 1 - SOS Signal From the Bygone:

I must say one of the weakness of this novel is the lack of proper time and date, unlike Sasamoto-sensei's previous novels like Hoshi no Pilot and Urayama no Uchuusen.
But I like reading Marika's emotional states regarding Gruelle and White Swan.

Edit: Got this from 2ch thread

Images
vol 9 chapter titles
Spoiler:

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-11-16 at 07:41.
Old 2012-11-16, 17:56   Link #31
Inept Forum User

^ Thanks for the summary and chapter information, justpassingby.

(Chapter 8's title...)

Edit: Forgive me if I'm asking too much, but can you see any mistakes in the information that I tried to extract in my previous posts? Also, have you read all the books in the series (other than Volume 9)?

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2012-11-17 at 04:26. Reason: Asking an additional question, might be pushing my luck.
Old 2012-11-16, 18:07   Link #32
justpassingby

Here are some spoilers from Sasamoto-sensei's 2ch thread. Because this is 2ch we're talking about, take them with a spoonful of salt :P
Spoiler for wut?:

,,,unpossible

Also, I'm rereading the books because you know, when time passes and I read other books, they became like FILO.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-11-17 at 04:56.
Old 2012-11-17, 04:22   Link #33
Inept Forum User

Quote:
Here are some spoilers from Sasamoto-sensei's 2ch thread. Because this is 2ch we're talking about, take them with a spoonful of salt :P
Spoiler for wut?:

,,,unpossible
Indeed. Taken with salt.

Edit: Stuff from that glossary (link) (correct me if I've got it wrong - my method of translation is not particularly reliable)
Spoiler for Glossary stuff:

Edit: Regarding the Odette II - it is a Category II (non-FTL) ship, isn't it? If so...
Spoiler for Second part of the question (V5-6):

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2012-11-19 at 17:19. Reason: Uncertainty.
Old 2012-11-21, 13:22   Link #34
justpassingby

In a Solar System far far away, the final battle took place at A Bao A Qu

Continue Volume 4 Chapter 1. This was done in a hurry, and I wished I have used better sentences to describe. And like previous posts, I omitted things
Spoiler for Obviously they need to redraw Barubarusa's crews if there is S2:
First few things that came to mind are that Suzerain was Zeon, and Stellar Slayer was those weird mobile suits that the Principality developed :P. They should had use the money more wisely
And what Rock said in the prolog regarding the "Ample fire power at the right place and the right time" still hold during the War.
A warning though about this 3-books arc is that there are mysteries left unresolved (particularly the taxes). I don't know if Sasamoto's sensei have planned to revisit them later.

Here are some tips/spoilers regarding vol 9 from 2ch.
Spoiler for S3 when?:
In the interview at MoPai official site, Sasamoto-sensei said that he wasn't involve in selection of the seiyuu (he didn't involve at all in the anime except being the original creator ), but he did acknowledge how Marika would sound from that point onward.

Some of the 2ch poster said the new book does have the feelings of the anime
affected the author's writing. Hmmm

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-11-22 at 08:32. Reason: lol vol 4
Old 2012-11-21, 13:40   Link #35
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Here are some tips/spoilers regarding vol 9 from 2ch.
Spoiler for S3 when?:
So the spoilers in this post were fake after all?
Old 2012-11-24, 06:27   Link #36
justpassingby

Quick info dump from vol 8 while I'm trying to figure out how to write summary for vol 4 chapter 2

Spoiler for I'm suck with camera and photography:
When Jackie first came to the school, Rin applauded him for managing to reach the Club Room, as outsiders would break their nerve when they tried to infiltrate the prestigious school. <--- Marika was a pure-pure lady, she could only defended herself that Jackie was a fake because of his red hair and Patchwork suit , compared to Rin and Gruelle's long logic

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-11-29 at 02:38. Reason: missing words
Old 2012-11-27, 16:54   Link #37
Inept Forum User

Thanks for the information, justpassingby.

Spoiler for Question regarding Jackie:

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2012-12-06 at 09:23.
Old 2012-12-02, 14:53   Link #38
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just saw the "last" chapter of volume 1 and I say "final chapter" because the last page is marked "end" reassures me that someone is "end" of volume or end of the manga? It will not make "Volume 2" ?
:s
Old 2012-12-03, 08:57   Link #39
justpassingby

^According to Touge Hiro's twitter post here, it is the last chapter of the manga.

Oh Marika. You told Mami not to drool about Gruelle, but you did for Grunhilde . Lolicon?

And Jackie's surname is supposed to be Fahrenheit, if you want to believe him. Characters introduction page after vol 4 used that name, and Marika called him that when she discussed with Noel.
He reintroduced himself as Jackie Fahrenheit , an Insurance investigator from Marx & Marx Insurance [probably referring to this]when Silent Whisper was chasing Odette II that had been hijacked by Luna Lion. <---Gruelle said don't trust this guy.
Marika said it is a company with bad reputation, albeit its customers are planetary Governments and big companies. (compared to Harold Lloyd's clients which range from interplanetary wars to private travels) v4p202
...What?

Edit: Hiro said [here] that the manga continuation will depend on the Tankoubon sales.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-12-03 at 11:40.
Old 2012-12-03, 14:48   Link #40
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
^According to Touge Hiro's twitter post here, it is the last chapter of the manga.

Oh Marika. You told Mami not to drool about Gruelle, but you did for Grunhilde . Lolicon?

And Jackie's surname is supposed to be Fahrenheit, if you want to believe him. Characters introduction page after vol 4 used that name, and Marika called him that when she discussed with Noel.
He reintroduced himself as Jackie Fahrenheit , an Insurance investigator from Marx & Marx Insurance [probably referring to this]when Silent Whisper was chasing Odette II that had been hijacked by Luna Lion. <---Gruelle said don't trust this guy.
Marika said it is a company with bad reputation, albeit its customers are planetary Governments and big companies. (compared to Harold Lloyd's clients which range from interplanetary wars to private travels) v4p202
...What?

Edit: Hiro said [here] that the manga continuation will depend on the Tankoubon sales.
Yes this is the last chapter of the manga but I hope there will be a volume 2 a sequel ... and there will be a sequel IF and only IF the sales volume 1 ... are good?

agreement then we must hope that the volume 1 sells well finger crossed
><

Tags
light novels, sci-fi