AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

View Poll Results: Suisei no Gargantia - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 50 40.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 32.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 15.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.82%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-30, 23:59   Link #101
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Wana know what full metal panic had that series didn't character development, And counter arguments.
I cut Gargantia some slack for that coz it only has 13 episodes + 3 OVAs compared to FMP’s 37 episodes + 1 OVA + Fumoffu (12 episodes) .
Old 2013-07-01, 00:19   Link #102
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

"Dark Knight" Chamber with his theme song playing as he becomes the hero Gargantia deserves.

Spoiler for dem feels:

Pinion should stick with Rackage since she can shape him up.

He was quick to leave his post when he got yelled at like she was an angry girlfriend/wife.

Bellows should not be in his harem. Ever.
Old 2013-07-01, 00:28   Link #103
Shinhwa
Banned

Chamber was awesome. This series was very nice and really was worth watching.

That final word Chamber said: "Go to hell, Tin can!"

Just full of pure awesomeness

I am glad I watched this series. Can't wait for the OVAs
Old 2013-07-01, 00:32   Link #104
Allium
Keep on keeping on

That was a very satisfying ending, I'm quite glad - and to some extent, relieved - how things turned out. This episode really made up for the previous, not-so-consistent ones.

Chamber stole most of the spotlight this episode; the scene where he parted with Ledo was rather heartwarming. He is definitely my favourite character of the series.

Anyway, I had to give this a 10/10. Kudos on a more light-hearted ending for once, Urobuchi!
Old 2013-07-01, 00:55   Link #105
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

So the title of this thread says Uro Bucher end, but does that mean there are other endings coming out? Or is that just a joke on the creator and hope/fear that lot of people will die with no deep meaning?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2013-07-01, 01:00   Link #106
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
1 2013年8月28日予定 第1話 - 第4話、第14話(OVA)
2 2013年9月25日予定 第5話 - 第9話、「ぷちっとがるがんてぃあ」全13話+特別編
3 2013年10月25日予定 第10話 - 第13話、第15話(OVA)
I dunno where people are getting that info about 3 OVAs. The 2nd BOX will have all of Petit Gargantia episodes instead.
Old 2013-07-01, 01:02   Link #107
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly a lot happened as expected. Chamber sacrificing himself for Ledo in awesome fashion being one of them. But it was still pretty darn satisfying. In the end Ledo did want to live and Chamber chose the route that would allow Ledo to keep on living while still eliminating the threat. An awesome sacrifice by Chamber.

Didn't quite expect that Gargantia would be a giant cannon, but hey it works . Pretty handy and effective when having someone like Amy to spot for it.

Really just a solid last episode and a good one for Ledo. Looked back at where he was at the start of this all and has found his way forward. Found a way to keep finding information that will allow their society to advance while not forcing any confrontations with the Hideauze. While I doubt they can ever legitimately communicate with them (since I'm not thinking they have any sentience left) it's still not a bad step. At this point it is for the best to just avoid confrontation.

Will say Striker really went for classic villain stuff there. "I'm a God, worship me!"
Old 2013-07-01, 03:39   Link #108
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This conclusion deserves the highest top marks and honors ever in the anals of anime history.

The flow that lead to the climax giving way to the ending was flawlessly executed, although I truly felt deep for Ledo's loss of chamber.

Their partnership became more of a symbiosis of sorts once they got in Earth and started to interact with their people.

I was hoping for Chamber to actually survive and getting adopted the role or assignment of becoming the storyteller for future generations of Earthling humans to come.

Chamber, you truly did more than just validating your own existence. You truly evolved to become your own person and did what was necessary to allow for the survival of no longer your pilot but your partner.

Question: How many of you cried out loud something like "Hell, yeah" or "Yahoo" or "Way to go Chamber!" when Chamber's last statement to Stryker before blowing that demented A.I. along with itself was: "Go to Hell, Tin Can"?

Guys and gals, seriously, I can now picture it!! That one-liner becoming a sort of meme for popular use throughout the whole internet community.

To tell you the truth this was the purpose of this series that needed thirteen episodes to go in order for the whole story to pay off: For Ledo to finally acknowledging the definition that what truly entails to be human is to think, make decisions, and do actions all by himself, and what truly meant for him to learn affection and to care for other human beings.
For Chamber, perhaps I like to think that it evolved beyond the parameters of its original programming, but never deviating from validating its own existence.

Chamber's depature from Ledo's side became the most poignant, emotional, and heartwrenching scene for me. It became even more epic and profound than when the T-800 departed from child John Connor's side at the end of Terminator 2: Judgement Day film.

Chamber you will always be remembered. You are a solid testament of what humanity can accomplish, and we are grateful that this time humanity was capable at achieving a positive accomplishment for good not when you were created, but what you did and said to your pilot towards the conclusion of this show.
Old 2013-07-01, 04:03   Link #109
ReddyRedWolf

You have to wonder centuries from now what legend Chamber would become.

Oldham said they used to have AI but lost the technology. Was it a decision made by their ancestors or was due to the lost industries?

Striker would be a cautionary tale of what AI should be. Chamber is the story of what a loyal AI should be.
Old 2013-07-01, 04:45   Link #110
bastek66

Wow, destroyed Chamber was whole time in the OP.
Old 2013-07-01, 05:10   Link #111
Seiryuu

I have to say, I was worried throughout this since I'd heard it was made by "The Butcher". I guess in this show he rejected that title, and demonstrated just what he's truly capable of. It would have been terribly easy to have devised some reason for Striker to vaporize civilians who got too close (i.e. AMY), and as Chamber demonstrated way back when, doing so would have taken no less effort than brushing away a fly.
I also quite enjoyed seeing the cultists that survived and were accepted on Gargantia being dealt with mainly by the hard gay terrors. I'd love to see a clip or two of how that went.
Old 2013-07-01, 05:15   Link #112
ArturEngel
Kiririn's minion

Have you guys actually had the same feeling after Chamber had ejected Ledo's cockpit. They were both in maximized neuroplus mode. Doesn't it means, that Chamber were able to read Ledo's mind and share his feelings? And he also realized, that as long as he is in there, Ledo would never have peacefull life. So he sacrificed himself to free Ledo from his duty as soldier.
Old 2013-07-01, 05:27   Link #113
Casshern

Cool, are the whalesquid going to evolve chamber? Chambersquid?

Anyway, Gen, I am disappoint. I was hoping the GA and hideauze would find their way to earth and shit would hit the fan.

Nice dialogue though. I wish this would've been the 5th ep or something like that, with the war reaching a climax later on. As it is, the middle of the show was pretty boring.
Old 2013-07-01, 06:11   Link #114
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturEngel View Post
Have you guys actually had the same feeling after Chamber had ejected Ledo's cockpit. They were both in maximized neuroplus mode. Doesn't it means, that Chamber were able to read Ledo's mind and share his feelings? And he also realized, that as long as he is in there, Ledo would never have peacefull life. So he sacrificed himself to free Ledo from his duty as soldier.
To me it was more like Chamber evolved from a combat support system to a human development system, he went from just helping Ledo in combat to being an AI that guides Ledo to self-actualization.

Given the circumstances (i.e. further use of the neural link leading to Ledo's death and Striker's combat superiority) Chamber IMO, made an incredibly logical decision by sacrificing himself. Ledo wouldn't be able to fulfill/live out his full potential as a human being if he's dead.

tl;dr I guess when Chamber said he was a system that oversaw the development of pilots he also meant helping to develop pilots outside of combat.

This makes me a bit sad because I would have loved to see an OVA involving Chamber (plus other people on Gargantia) commenting on Ledo and Amy's relationship.

WHY'D YOU HAVE TO GO CHAMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2013-07-01, 06:26   Link #115
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post

tl;dr I guess when Chamber said he was a system that oversaw the development of pilots he also meant helping to develop pilots outside of combat.

This makes me a bit sad because I would have loved to see an OVA involving Chamber (plus other people on Gargantia) commenting on Ledo and Amy's relationship.

WHY'D YOU HAVE TO GO CHAMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hell in the first ep Chamber encourages Ledo to live a normal life for four weeks and even get laid.

Now Chamber basically means you don't need to fight anymore go to your girl cause I've got this. He has great expectations for Ledo.
Old 2013-07-01, 08:04   Link #116
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
That's just simple. If you had realized that everything you've done so far was for nothing, would you still care about it?
That's still his people those who are fighting in space dying and living in inhumane conditions. Moreover as many have mentioned the war could reach earth anytime.

Quote:
He said: "It has lost its height". So that meens, it was much higher and they could send some spaceships with a nuclear weapon to reignite the sun just like in the "Sunshine". The polar ice melted and flooded the land completely. So they used the Gargantia like the Ark.
Apart from the fact that humans thinking that they can "help" the sun with their atomic bombs are as much as laughable as mosquito thinking that they can help an elephant (and that comparison doesn't even give the idea), as it was discussed before, even if you melt all the ice in the world in the end only a relatively small portion of the land will be submerged, our planet simply doesn't have that much water. The only way you can turn Earth into a water planet is by bringing huge amount of water from some other place or by making continents sink.

So in the end Sunshine was a funny watch and all but it was ridiculous in many respects, for example the fact that humans will instantly freeze in space is a total bull. Waterworld in the same way failed to consider the fact that our planet doesn't have all that water.

So yeah like someone pointed out earlier this is ridiculous technobabble or actually that's just sci-fi movies made by people that can't even check for basic facts.

Unfortunately Gargantia seems to be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
It also happens to be the machine's last message. It's くたばれブリキ野郎っ(You are going down tinplate yarou). The statement is illogical, since the word yarou is referring to a man. In Japanese show, they never use yarou to offend a woman or a thing.
I used to think the same but I found several examples that proved me wrong. While "yarou" is usually said against men nothing prevents you from using it on a woman if so you wish.
A good example is Chiaki from Minami-ke constantly calling her sister Kana "baka yarou".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Wow, destroyed Chamber was whole time in the OP.
Wow, nice catch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I also quite enjoyed seeing the cultists that survived and were accepted on Gargantia being dealt with mainly by the hard gay terrors. I'd love to see a clip or two of how that went.
I couldn't help but laughing when putting myself in their shoes. The first thing they see when introduced to this new "culture" and "lifestyle" are the horrid okama.
I can almost hear their internal screams "Nooo! I want to go back to my old cultist society!!!"

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2013-07-01 at 08:30.
Old 2013-07-01, 08:08   Link #117
Traece
:cool:

That scene with Chamber... Cliche, and really I wasn't feeling the build-up to that sacrifice, but I'll be damned if that wasn't a great scene. Plus his one-liner skills have come quite a long way since the beginning of this anime. I will sincerely miss Chamber. o7

Suisei no Gargantia was a show I actually looked forward to because of its rather unique concept, and I think in a lot of ways it paid off. Though in a lot of ways I feel like it didn't. Like SAO I thought that some of the emphasis wasn't wholly in the right place, and there was some plot thrown in here that was treated more like a red herring than anything important. In the end everything that had been done was leading up to, well, nothing. The first major bit, the Hideauze reveal, was very interesting but ultimately was a footnote in the end. In a way I kind of liked that it was this mystery that was solved, but it was treated more like, "Oh by the way the Hideauze are actually this," and then it became largely irrelevant. The Kugel plot then came out of left field as this sudden development that developed suddenly into a plot about the AIs of the mechs. At the end, it really just felt like they were pursuing every avenue possible to fit a whole bunch of events into the final few episodes. I would have preferred they picked something and then stuck with it, instead of trying to do three different things. It made each one feel almost unfinished.

Besides that, I did enjoy this series. The idea was unique and the characters were handled rather well, with some interesting little bits and pieces that made it all quite entertaining. Not the best or worst of the season, but it found a nice middle ground for me, and did nicely alongside the other mechas.
Old 2013-07-01, 08:16   Link #118
triplez

I had a blast with this anime. I consider it the top anime I followed this summer. It reaffirm why I keep watching anime in the first place. Interesting characters that grow on you and some thoughts on how the future may develop plus a dramatic conclusion with most loose ends tied up.

I really enjoyed what it says about how Humanity may develop when facing an epic disaster. Instead of coming together HUmanity will fall apart. While both the Evolvers and Continental Union survival strategies proved valid the friction it caused made me think they would be better off if they never left Earth.

That still proved secondary to the coming of age story of Ledo. From a soldier not caring if he lived or died in battle to finally someone worthy of the mantle of hero. I like it better that Chamber become more than just a pilot support system to one that saw value in him making his own decision even at the cost of his own. Chamber proved a better parent than the Galactic Alliance ever was.

The last episode here really tied most of the characters's storyline. Pinion got his revenge even though it cost him his island of ambition. Lukkage the pirate went legit. The Gargantia fleet was reunited. The cult members were absorbed as well. I couldn't ask for more. WEll maybe a bit less fanservice but that's just my preference.

It's a bit sad they didn't get to keep the lost technology.Without a Stryker or Chamber to get pass the whalesquids all of that will still be stuck down there. Gargantia will still be stuck in a steam punk runt. All now rest on Ledo finding ways to communicate with the whalesquids, who knows if he will succeed.

Does the ending confirm that Amy and Ledo are now a couple?
Old 2013-07-01, 08:24   Link #119
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Great episode but it should have been a 24 episode season. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Chamber was awesome. This series was very nice and really was worth watching.

That final word Chamber said: "Go to hell, Tin can!"

Just full of pure awesomeness

I am glad I watched this series. Can't wait for the OVAs
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
You have to wonder centuries from now what legend Chamber would become.

Oldham said they used to have AI but lost the technology. Was it a decision made by their ancestors or was due to the lost industries?

Striker would be a cautionary tale of what AI should be. Chamber is the story of what a loyal AI should be.
How would they view their ancestors' action now? This is another question.

In any case, they would not repeat the same mistakes of the past. Hopefully...
Old 2013-07-01, 09:09   Link #120
Gohan78
Awakened One

I gave this finale a 8/10 because it was too predictable. Still entertaining, and Chamber will be remember as a True Bro forever. I am surprised that the Urobutcher went for such a cliche ending. Maybe he really wants to change his image?

Also 8/10 for the anime as a whole. I thought that the first four episodes were almost flawless but then the show went on a downward spiral, which was partially redeemed by the last 2-3 episodes.

I don't care that the GA vs Hideauze war was left hanging. It was evident from the moment that Ledo discovered that he couldn't go back to the Alliance that it wasn't his war anymore. Also, both the Alliance and the space Hideauze have such a technological advantage over current Earthlings that they wouldn't stand a chance.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Closed Thread