AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-11-13, 20:09   Link #3621
Willowhugger

Yeah, what MorbosFist said.

Is it as harsh a punishment as being murdered? No. On the other hand, Lelouch would have to live with his guilt and also be there for his sister. His suicide pretty much left her alone in the world. Lelouch's suicide was an option to run away from his mistake's consequences. Certainly, his relationship with his friends would never be the same either. It's possible he'd be forever isolated from others with his position as well.

Also, if he wasn't going to causally Geass everyone into being his slave it'd take longer too to solidify his position.

(Though he'd undoubtedly have to user it on some)

Britannia was pretty corrupt from the top down. It'd take a long time convincing people that they should treat the Weak Mercifully and not without hatred.
Willowhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 20:16   Link #3622
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Lelouch is just a selfish guy. He just need to get his way whether it's a punishment. It is also a selfish option for him to choose to die and escape. I love him for his "I don't care, I will make a gentle world. Like it or not, just live with it." kind of attitude. He doesn't care how others will feel. His dying for the sake of the peace in the world shows that. He would love to live with Nunnally, C.C and the others but his pride wouldn't allow him to.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 20:20   Link #3623
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Lelouch is just a selfish guy. He just need to get his way whether it's a punishment. It is also a selfish option for him to choose to die and escape. I love him for his "I don't care, I will make a gentle world. Like it or not, just live with it." kind of attitude. He doesn't care how others will feel. His dying for the sake of the peace in the world shows that. He would love to live with Nunnally, C.C and the others but his pride wouldn't allow him to.
I don't think it's pride, it's more like Lulu's world has to be in a certain way, even if he has to destroy himself and stand in the way of his own desires in order to do it.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 20:22   Link #3624
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Personally I think he just lost hope after stopping Charles from tanging the world.

First he lost Shirley, then in the midst of his revenge finds out his father can no longer die. He loses C.C. in the middle of that.

Then he loses Nunnally (apparently) when Tokyo is destroyed, then has to give up Kallen when the Black Knights decide to betray him.

He at least gets C.C. back when stopping Charles, but by this point he seems to have decided that people are just too damn stupid to get anything but the most extreme examples and decides to show the world why they need to behave by becoming the most evil bastard that ever lived.
Old 2008-11-13, 20:24   Link #3625
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Personally I think he just lost hope after stopping Charles from tanging the world.

First he lost Shirley, then in the midst of his revenge finds out his father can no longer die. He loses C.C. in the middle of that.

Then he loses Nunnally (apparently) when Tokyo is destroyed, then has to give up Kallen when the Black Knights decide to betray him.

He at least gets C.C. back when stopping Charles, but by this point he seems to have decided that people are just too damn stupid to get anything but the most extreme examples and decides to show the world why they need to behave by becoming the most evil bastard that ever lived.
QFT mate +rep
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 20:31   Link #3626
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:

Yes, he decided what he wants for the world and achieve it.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 20:45   Link #3627
Willowhugger

I confess, after so many wallbangers, I don't blame Lelouch for being suicidal.

When Nunally becomes a nuke happy nutter, you've lost a world where humans deserve to live.
Old 2008-11-13, 20:47   Link #3628
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowhugger View Post
I confess, after so many wallbangers, I don't blame Lelouch for being suicidal.

When Nunally becomes a nuke happy nutter, you've lost a world where humans deserve to live.
When the little blind girl kills a few hundred people, I chuckle. No wonder Lelouch had to remake the world.
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 22:30   Link #3629
Charred Knight

Quote:
Uh, yes he did "give a flying rats ass" about being Lelouch Lamperouge, or he wouldn't want to go back to Ashford after everything was over. Lelouch hates people who wield their power to the detriment of the weak, not just power in general. Finally, being forced into a lifetime position of power would be punishment, because like Suzaku he'd be forever stuck giving up his happiness to make these people play nice.
How hard can it be? He dismantled the entire Britannian nobility system in a week, I think he can make two countries play nice while spending time with his friends and lovers.

In the hands of a complete moron, yes that would be hard, in the hands of Lelouch maybe the first ten years would be, but after that everything would be smooth sailing.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 22:39   Link #3630
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
How hard can it be? He dismantled the entire Britannian nobility system in a week, I think he can make two countries play nice while spending time with his friends and lovers.

In the hands of a complete moron, yes that would be hard, in the hands of Lelouch maybe the first ten years would be, but after that everything would be smooth sailing.
Suzaku doesn't have to do anything but stand there and he can't get out of his duty. Lelouch would actually have to work. As for him dismantling the system, he didn't care about the damage he was causing, so he went apeshit on the Britannian infrastructure without any concern for the ramifications of it, not that the system isn't flexible enough to adapt. He'd actually have to consider such things if he were intent on ruling as a normal leader, not a tyrant.
Old 2008-11-13, 23:22   Link #3631
Charred Knight

Quote:
Suzaku doesn't have to do anything but stand there and he can't get out of his duty. Lelouch would actually have to work. As for him dismantling the system, he didn't care about the damage he was causing, so he went apeshit on the Britannian infrastructure without any concern for the ramifications of it, not that the system isn't flexible enough to adapt. He'd actually have to consider such things if he were intent on ruling as a normal leader, not a tyrant.
That's because Suzaku can't remove the mask ever, the Zero mask is Suzaku's prison. If Lelouch had taken over the place, then he wouldn't have a prison since he could just make Nunnaly/Cornelia/Schneizel/C.C/Kallen into his wife or wives. Then he just runs Britannia normally, if Douglas MacArthur can accomplish it, I see no reason Lelouch can not.
Old 2008-11-13, 23:23   Link #3632
Willowhugger

Quote:
Yeah, Lelouch is able to get away with so much while he's head of Britainnia because he no longer cares who he has to murder in order to get away with it. Even with Geass he's dealing with a lot of civil war and unrest.

I'm sure that yes, if Lelouch wanted, he could probably have a small harem of Shirely (if she was alive), Millie, C.C., and Kallen (if she would ever consent to be a Queen of the Empire she hates), and also probably have his friends occasionally hang out.

But yes, Lelouch never wanted the responsibility. He just wanted Nunnally to be happy and the Britainnian apartheid to come to an end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight
That's because Suzaku can't remove the mask ever, the Zero mask is Suzaku's prison. If Lelouch had taken over the place, then he wouldn't have a prison since he could just make Nunnaly/Cornelia/Schneizel/C.C/Kallen into his wife or wives. Then he just runs Britannia normally, if Douglas MacArthur can accomplish it, I see no reason Lelouch can not.
Well we know Schienzel and Cornellia war against Lelouch. It would take Lelouch harnessing CC's world to resurrect Yuffie to get Cornellia back on his side and we know that the Knights never accept him. Charles didn't like the Britainnian system either and he ended up being the worst monster of them all.

But yes, I suppose it depends on how heavy a burden you consider being a DECENT royal monarch is.
Old 2008-11-13, 23:51   Link #3633
Charred Knight

Quote:
Yeah, Lelouch is able to get away with so much while he's head of Britainnia because he no longer cares who he has to murder in order to get away with it. Even with Geass he's dealing with a lot of civil war and unrest.

I'm sure that yes, if Lelouch wanted, he could probably have a small harem of Shirely (if she was alive), Millie, C.C., and Kallen (if she would ever consent to be a Queen of the Empire she hates), and also probably have his friends occasionally hang out.

But yes, Lelouch never wanted the responsibility. He just wanted Nunnally to be happy and the Britainnian apartheid to come to an end.

Well we know Schienzel and Cornellia war against Lelouch. It would take Lelouch harnessing CC's world to resurrect Yuffie to get Cornellia back on his side and we know that the Knights never accept him. Charles didn't like the Britainnian system either and he ended up being the worst monster of them all.

But yes, I suppose it depends on how heavy a burden you consider being a DECENT royal monarch is.
Cornelia would defect as soon as she sees Schneizel's plan, so Lelouch just needs to brainwash or kill Schneizel, and get Nunnaly on his side. After that he needs to quell civil unrest, get people on his side, and stabilize the world.

Just compare Douglas MacArthur who made a campaign to blame the entire war on Tojo, and was able to keep Hirohito Emperor of Japan, and helped reform, and restore Japan alongside the Japanese leaders.

Lelouch needs to find more people like Dalton, and put them alongside Cornelia, and Nunnaly, and he can easily rule Britannia. Your just putting the entire responsibility on Lelouch when you don't have to.
Old 2008-11-14, 01:44   Link #3634
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
That's because Suzaku can't remove the mask ever, the Zero mask is Suzaku's prison.
How does he wash his hair? The inside of that mask must be really stanky.
Old 2008-11-14, 01:51   Link #3635
Willowhugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
How does he wash his hair? The inside of that mask must be really stanky.
I confess, the guy is going to have to have himself tossed off a bridge when he's in his 80s or so.

Cause people will be ****ed when he dies and they find out who he is.
Old 2008-11-14, 02:07   Link #3636
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
I confess, the guy is going to have to have himself tossed off a bridge when he's in his 80s or so.

Cause people will be ****ed when he dies and they find out who he is.
He can ask to be cremated, or, more harshly, be cremated alive. There's also the less drastic method of plastic surgery. Plus, by that point, people likely won't recognize him.
Old 2008-11-14, 09:33   Link #3637
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

OMG! I'm LOLing at this argument.
It's gonna be Nunnally who'll hide him and then she decides to take on the mask so that Zero's legend will continue. WEE! Female Zero. O.O
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 09:34   Link #3638
NyxOne

Except, when everyone sees 'Zero' in a wheelchair, who Zero is becomes pretty obvious.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 09:53   Link #3639
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Except, when everyone sees 'Zero' in a wheelchair, who Zero is becomes pretty obvious.
Oh, right. Too bad. I was even thinking of a good nickname for Nunnally as Zero.

How about Zero-Nally. or Nunna-ro. ROFL. Sounds wrong.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 11:52   Link #3640
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Maybe 'Zero' makes frequent visits to Japan, switches place w/ Kallen for a few hours, Suzaku takes a shower, then goes back to Britannia. Not exactly the most convenient arrangment; I'm not even sure it's logistically possible.