AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-09-13, 22:25   Link #281
mechdra

I think the new creature is a basilisk. However, it could be a chicken.

Just read the new chapter, it seems the new ingredient is a living creature probably from Gourmet World. There is a hint that it could jump over 300meter in one go just like the Battle Wolf. Toriko and Coco might need to fight it I guess.

Last edited by mechdra; 2011-09-15 at 03:41.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 14:52   Link #282
marvelB

^Hey, you're right! That monster was a basilisk (which was technically still a chicken, but still). And yeah, I guess Ichiryuu's appetizer is some GW creature. But now I think I'm more interested in Toriko's new oath to find a chef who can prepare the president's full course (that is, if it isn't Komatsu)......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 10:20   Link #283
marvelB

Bump for new spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-09-21, 14:46   Link #284
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ That depends on how Komatsu's luck holds out.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 19:44   Link #285
mechdra

Just read the chapter, the bean kind of reminds me of Jack and the beanstalk. Looks may be deceiving Toriko but there really could be a treasure in it.

I got a feeling the next arc could be the cooking battle arc where the top chefs in the world woud compete to cook the bean.
Old 2011-09-22, 22:50   Link #286
ellifeedn
Thinker

Would any of you eat at Ootake's restaurant knowing his business practices?
Old 2011-09-22, 23:42   Link #287
mechdra

Definately not because there are better chefs than him in the first place and it kind of reminds me how these type of chefs exist in our world.
Old 2011-09-23, 09:59   Link #288
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
I got a feeling the next arc could be the cooking battle arc where the top chefs in the world woud compete to cook the bean.

I dunno..... like I said in my last post, the last few chapters' events lead me to believe that the next big storyline will involve Toriko and co. rescuing those elite chefs (including Komatsu, possibly) from the Bishokukai's grasp.....

Anyways, cool chapter. Yeah, I pretty much saw Ootake being a sellout as soon as he was introduced. Still, the fact that he was able to hear the ingredient's "voice" definitely indicates that he's indeed a skilled chef, however much a douchebag he may be.

And speaking of the voice thing, that one-eyed chef dude that was shown looked all kinds of badass. I hope we see more of that guy soon enough (that ninja chef looked kinda goofy to me though, IMO ).
Old 2011-09-23, 10:48   Link #289
ellifeedn
Thinker

The rescue arc will definitely be a big storyline, but I don't it'll be happening so soon. Rather, it seems the next storyline will involve the President's full course and a look at the other biotopes. As for the bean, world's greatest hummus?
Old 2011-09-23, 17:11   Link #290
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And speaking of the voice thing, that one-eyed chef dude that was shown looked all kinds of badass. I hope we see more of that guy soon enough (that ninja chef looked kinda goofy to me though, IMO ).
They all look goofy in a very awesome way . It's the beauty of Toriko.
Old 2011-09-23, 22:36   Link #291
mechdra

Is there even normal people in the world of Toriko? lol

The rescue arc might come later in the story line. I believe the current arc will be discovery the President's full course but there will be sub arc for each ingredient. The next thing might happen will probably finding out what the bean is and cooking it. This will probably involve all those chefs shown in a way. Getting captured while cooking the bean is also possible.

One thing I do hope is the bean is a jumping bean. This wayit will explain the 300 meter jump and its high capture level.
Old 2011-09-25, 15:13   Link #292
xellos2099

I got a feeling if it come to a rescue arc, the 4 king will unite and go rescue Komatsu because as Toriko has think to himself, Komatsu would be the one who can unite them together.

Also, mind if i add anime discussion here as the official anime thread is dead.
Spoiler for anime:
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 11:02   Link #293
marvelB

Next spoiler has arrived:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-09-28, 17:59   Link #294
ellifeedn
Thinker

Ichiryuu isn't in the Gourmet World.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-09-28, 19:31   Link #295
mechdra

Looks like we will not see the gathering of the full course but the President doing the rescue? That is good.

He also got one hell of a ful course.
Old 2011-09-28, 22:31   Link #296
Aesthetic Shampoo

One hell of a flying horse unicorn pegasus ride you mean. I think i speak for us all when i say i want one.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 23:24   Link #297
ellifeedn
Thinker

This may sound weird, almost crazy even, but could the mangaka have been inspired by a certain pony phenomenon?
Old 2011-09-29, 00:13   Link #298
mechdra

Who knows but I sure can picture it when it is a baby.
Old 2011-09-29, 10:06   Link #299
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Ichiryuu isn't in the Gourmet World.
Spoiler:

Yeah, like I said the translation wasn't out yet when I made that post, but I still think that Mr. Prez is currently in the GW, or at least one of the entrances to there. Him saying that he'd leave his full course "there in the human world" is a particularly strong hint to his location, IMO.....

Heh, I like the idea of a gourmet barber shop (it's also kinda cool to see Toriko and Coco with shorter hair, too ). Regarding Ichiryuu's full course, I'm now starting to think that one of the purposes behind his tasking Toriko with that list of ingredients was so he would find a chef capable of preparing his personal menu. But apparently those items aren't so much ingredients as they are "hints" to those special ingredients, if I'm interpreting Setsuno's words correctly.....

So I guess we'll soon see Ichiryuu (and his horse) kicking some Bishokukai ass, since he's personally rescuing the captured chefs. But something kind of tells me that he may end up getting incapacitated during this operation, especially if he ends up squaring off against Midora (which Kuromado definitely seemed to indicate this chapter).....
Old 2011-10-04, 11:26   Link #300
marvelB

Pardon the bump, but early spoiler's here:

Spoiler:

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen