Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-10, 04:05   Link #181
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuaythebest View Post
Hi there , got some news. Genshiken 2 was licensed by MB.

From
http://www.animeondvd.com/forum/show...p?post/568574/
Although it's unconfirmed, It would be great news if true. I'm assuming that the Kujibiki license includes the Genshiken OVAs and the G2 series is separate. Since he stated Genshiken 2, then I'm assuming that MB has acquired or is in the process of licensing G2. Now I just have to wait for the R1 DVDs.

Also, did anyone actually pay attention to the story contained within Ogiue's fantasy? There was so much angst, betrayal, and questionable characterizations that I swear it was every soap opera ever made rolled into one. Ah, the work of the doujin artist...

I'm also curious as to how a Ohno version would turn out.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 06:54   Link #182
StrawHatLuffy
L Lawliet

Oh my, the imagination of Ogiue burnt my eyes. I was mortally afraid my parents would walk in and think I was watching Hentai.

It wasn't so explicit in the manga. =X (Rather it was just one whole page of text with her imagination.)
StrawHatLuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 07:06   Link #183
ZODDGUTS

Yeah that was one episode you don't want your parents or friends walking into your room.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 08:36   Link #184
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
heh. thankfully my eyes didn't bleed, although it did water at some points, but my harden conditioning of years of hentai exposure saved my eyes.

however my ears weren't ready, and i think i've gone deaf in one ear as my mouse hand kinda spasmed in surprised at the unexpected and descriptive sound effects and flicked my volume to full blast, while i was wearing headphones too.

so im now traumatised with sasahara orgasmic mandarame releasing scream is chiselled into my skull.

im more then thankful for the subtitles now, and i bid adieu while i go and blow my brains out if this meme doesn't leave my head. soon-ish.

*mops the blood from his ears with his tear soaked towel*
Old 2007-11-10, 10:21   Link #185
Mystearika

haha ogiues fantasies were ''interesting'' and funny but so wrong on the same time,

saw it with my poor 13 years little sister

thank god we both know what boy+boy was. but this was my first time i have seen it that bad

god i still love this serie it can be so hillarius at times cant wait for next week
Old 2007-11-10, 10:43   Link #186
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
I'm assuming that the Kujibiki license includes the Genshiken OVAs and the G2 series is separate. Since he stated Genshiken 2, then I'm assuming that MB has acquired or is in the process of licensing G2. Now I just have to wait for the R1 DVDs.
Genshiken 2 and the Kujian TV/Genshiken OVA licenses are separate. I asked about this at AX. This is one of those, the question is not if, the question is when will the final papers be signed.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 11:38   Link #187
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

OMG Oguie suckered me and took my yaoi virginity!!!!

Got to say it was hilarious and I can't wait till the two main men get to see themselves in action

*Edit*
Just had a thought... What would you do if your girl friend used you as the main model for a yaoi doushinji?

Last edited by grey_moon; 2007-11-10 at 12:09.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 16:01   Link #188
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It was so funny to see the Genshiken as cool, high class people. (But, in Madarame's case, still a big otaku...) Poor figurine, though. Broken just like that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 17:32   Link #189
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
heh. thankfully my eyes didn't bleed, although it did water at some points, but my harden conditioning of years of hentai exposure saved my eyes.

however my ears weren't ready, and i think i've gone deaf in one ear as my mouse hand kinda spasmed in surprised at the unexpected and descriptive sound effects and flicked my volume to full blast, while i was wearing headphones too.

so im now traumatised with sasahara orgasmic mandarame releasing scream is chiselled into my skull.

im more then thankful for the subtitles now, and i bid adieu while i go and blow my brains out if this meme doesn't leave my head. soon-ish.

*mops the blood from his ears with his tear soaked towel*
yea...the orgasmic groans are the worse!!

and unlike you i was using speakers, pretty loud and with walls the thickness of cardboard...good thing im quick at pressing the pause button

soo...should we be expecting more yaoi later on? (next time ill be mentally prepared...i think...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
*Edit*
Just had a thought... What would you do if your girl friend used you as the main model for a yaoi doushinji?
decline...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 23:21   Link #190
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

decline...

How about if she didn't get your permission and you found out the day it was being sold to the wider masses
Old 2007-11-10, 23:39   Link #191
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
How about if she didn't get your permission and you found out the day it was being sold to the wider masses
That's fine, cause no one's gonna buy doujin based on some random dolt like me, and not a popular franchise character.

As for the content, as long as I'm paired up with some juicey cute shota that dresses like a girl, I would have absolutely no problem with it.
Old 2007-11-11, 00:03   Link #192
blewin

oh gee, I wonder whether they're trying to show to the average viewer the taste of female otaku or what, but to waste an entire episode on Oygiue's imagination is just.... not to mention that it's not even featured in the manga to such an extent...
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 00:15   Link #193
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
as long as I'm paired up with some juicey cute shota that dresses like a girl, I would have absolutely no problem with it.
Like this?
Spoiler for lovely com:

Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 05:26   Link #194
Jaden

This episode was a rather (way too) in-depth answer for why Ogiue doesn't accept any help for selling her books. Surely everyone knew she'd be drawing yaoi, but what the hell are those characters!?!
Old 2007-11-11, 05:34   Link #195
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
As for the content, as long as I'm paired up with some juicey cute shota that dresses like a girl, I would have absolutely no problem with it.
You're only allowed Kousaka from the manga.

<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
Like this?
Spoiler for lovely com:
We all know that series did not have enough Seiko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
This episode was a rather (way too) in-depth answer for why Ogiue doesn't accept any help for selling her books. Surely everyone knew she'd be drawing yaoi, but what the hell are those characters!?!
This episode has nothing to do with the fact that she wants to sell her work by herself.
Old 2007-11-11, 06:42   Link #196
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Future episodes:
That sounds about right, but jeez, they're moving slow. There's going to be about 20 chapters to cover within the space of episodes 7-12. I mean, they're just getting to Winter Comifes '04, which means they have over a year (including two graduations and changes-of-chairman) to plow through in a limited amount of time, especially considering the amount of detail specifically devoted to summer/fall '05 in the manga. :-/

Last edited by RandomGuy; 2007-11-11 at 08:15. Reason: because I can't count properly.
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 11:23   Link #197
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
oh gee, I wonder whether they're trying to show to the average viewer the taste of female otaku or what, but to waste an entire episode on Oygiue's imagination is just.... not to mention that it's not even featured in the manga to such an extent...
I dunno I think it did a fine job of showing not only how ogiue's mind works, but gave abit of insight into yaoi fangirls in general. I kinda like the fact that it's making it clear the shows about otaku culture for both guys and girls ya know.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 12:20   Link #198
grey_moon

I loved the contrast between Saki and Ohno. I haven't seen S1, but I can tell that Saki isn't an otaku just from this episode
Old 2007-11-11, 12:40   Link #199
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Humm, I dont read this thread before I watched the episode

At First I smile a lot, but it is going to much serious and explict content. I am not prepared.

The same thing happens on episode 2, but this episode was more time on sexual theme.

One question: On Japan, Genshiken is showed in what hour of night?

PS: The first season as much more light.
Old 2007-11-11, 12:47   Link #200
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyel View Post
One question: On Japan, Genshiken is showed in what hour of night?
The first airing channel airs it at 1:30am, which is just a tad bit later than the original series and Kujibiki Unbalance (that both first aired at midnight).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arms, comedy, romance, seinen, slice of life