AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-04-05, 08:40   Link #41
Rememblaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
So any ideas how many months they're gonna torture us with these useless fillers again?
Four episodes of "recap/clipshow filler" until the end of April.
Rememblaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 10:08   Link #42
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

It was nice seeing young Naruto And the music from part 1 was good

Btv the stuff with Sasuke pinning Naruto down on the ground and Naruto seeing the 'look' is canon.
Old 2012-04-05, 11:01   Link #43
Crimson Reaper

I'm quite surprised there hasn't been any reactions from anime only fans about who Kabuto brought back. I was expecting cries of 'OMFG Zabuza and Haku! Neji's dad' and so on XD

By God why more fillers!? I think the manga is at a healthy distance ahead of the anime so I don't see the need for the same crap yet again!
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 11:33   Link #44
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
By God why more fillers!? I think the manga is at a healthy distance ahead of the anime so I don't see the need for the same crap yet again!
The distance is more "feasible" than "healthy". A 60 chapters gap is not that big, and the anime will probably be close to catching up with the manga by the end of the war arc. But it's just 4 weeks of filler.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 11:47   Link #45
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
A 60 chapters gap is not that big, and the anime will probably be close to catching up with the manga by the end of the war arc.
It depends on the content of each chapter really and if its only one episodes worth or just a half. Naruto is not like Bleach where one chapter barely converts into 5 minutes worth of footage. The battles can be stretched out a bit....Not like Sakura vs Sasori though, that was bloody stupidly long!! XD But my point stands.

Oh well the fillers are going to happen no matter what, easy enough to skip. I just can't wait to see certain events animated is all.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 12:24   Link #46
ookamigirl

Naruto childhood flashbacks... & Sasuke rivalry.
What purpose did this have except to stall the main story's progress.
Well.... this was a totally unnecessary episode.
This anime has too many fillers.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 12:34   Link #47
Ushio the Omega

As expected the 10th anniversary of the Naruto anime fillers suck! even worse so does the new opening.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 13:46   Link #48
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I've said it before and I'll say it again : If you're going to do fillers, why at least not make it ORIGINAL fillers? Such as Naruto going on a mission, getting mixed up again in something and ending up saving someone .. or something. Really .. anything would be fine but this. We really don't need to see the same thing we've seen like 10 times already.
Old 2012-04-05, 16:02   Link #49
FBZ

Send a message via ICQ to FBZ Send a message via AIM to FBZ
Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again : If you're going to do fillers, why at least not make it ORIGINAL fillers? Such as Naruto going on a mission, getting mixed up again in something and ending up saving someone .. or something. Really .. anything would be fine but this. We really don't need to see the same thing we've seen like 10 times already.
I agree!
FBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 18:03   Link #50
Arjento

I waited so long for the new intro and meh.

Although the animation and flow was nice the song was awful and not as catchy as previous intros.

But the new ending was awesome.

Last edited by Arjento; 2012-04-05 at 18:15.
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 23:48   Link #51
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememblaire View Post
Four episodes of "recap/clipshow filler" until the end of April.
As a graduate student this is a hectic month for me. now I realize when I need a break from my pilot study no naruto will be there to help me.. Well Game of Thrones will be on this month.
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 04:26   Link #52
HasuMasu
*Artist

Well I guess the ED is cool since at some point you see Naruto wearing the sexy cloak from when he fought Pain.

I guess I'm alright with these fillers.
Old 2012-04-06, 07:16   Link #53
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Thought that episode was awesome! Mixed in some new material and slightly different perspectives on the old episodes, since I didn't know it was going to be filler I found myself confused but enjoying it...

Intro sucked, but for some reason Naruto intros generally do. Kind of a shame.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 09:24   Link #54
neshru

Quote:
That's the kind of fillers they usually do, in case you haven't noticed.
This short filler/recap arc is to commemorate the 10 years of the anime being on the air.
Old 2012-04-06, 11:58   Link #55
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
We've seen these recaps too many times, though. As in fillers, and flashbacks. And some more flashbacks .. and then some more.. Did I mention we had a LOT of flashbacks about these events?

Also personally I disliked the fillers during Pain arc also a lot. Because they were in middle of an important arc and because they sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post

Intro sucked, but for some reason Naruto intros generally do. Kind of a shame.
Yeah .. usually. Blue Bird was nice, tho.
Old 2012-04-06, 13:59   Link #56
Ero-Senn1n

Am i imagining things or did they re-animate the story? It seemed much better than what i remember, although it's about 10 years now so maybe i don't remember correctly and they just used old old footage. Another great thing was the fast paced pure action, usually filler episodes are painfully slow but not this one.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 14:04   Link #57
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Yeah it was new animation pretty much throughout. I've watched those episodes recently. They synthesized the best bits nicely.

Quote:
Yeah .. usually. Blue Bird was nice, tho.
Indeed, there are a few exceptions.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 14:07   Link #58
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Am i imagining things or did they re-animate the story? It seemed much better than what i remember, although it's about 10 years now so maybe i don't remember correctly and they just used old old footage. Another great thing was the fast paced pure action, usually filler episodes are painfully slow but not this one.
They salvaged some scene from episode 216 (I think), but all the part 1 stuff must be reanimated since it's not widescreen.
Old 2012-04-06, 21:29   Link #59
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Uhh...Uhh...

Take a break people? Put Naruto aside and return after April? That's what I'm doing; I'm gonna miss my Shippuden canon, but I'm also not going to force myself to watch filler either...Unless I get really bored; And then it would still only be my fault if it's painful...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 04:20   Link #60
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Uhh...Uhh...

Take a break people? Put Naruto aside and return after April? That's what I'm doing; I'm gonna miss my Shippuden canon, but I'm also not going to force myself to watch filler either...Unless I get really bored; And then it would still only be my fault if it's painful...
Actually it's not filler, it's a recap of the story from the beginning with new shiny and cool animation and it's fast paced. I liked it and i usually don't watch any fillers, i watched maybe around a dozen episodes of filler from hundreds of filler episodes.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion