Notices

Old 2012-05-28, 06:22   Link #2761
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiar31 View Post
Spoiler:
I can't help but wonder... is Gruier humiliated by doing a servants job, or jealous at her little sister for getting to rub Marika?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 08:41   Link #2762
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Spoiler:
Nice...

Gruelle's monokini is too much though. Who forced her to wear this!?
Old 2012-05-28, 08:51   Link #2763
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I can't help but wonder... is Gruier humiliated by doing a servants job, or jealous at her little sister for getting to rub Marika?
For wearing the sling bikini when she have not the body to pull this.
Old 2012-05-28, 09:15   Link #2764
gaiar31

Gruelle's monokini is too much though. Who forced her to wear this!? <<<Who one can do about cloth of all charactor .........................Mami ...........
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 12:04   Link #2765
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
The latest episode was one of the best ones. We finally got see some serious action where Marika's life was in danger and the Bentamaru suffer some damage. So more pirates on their way? Are we going to see some real pirates next week?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 12:59   Link #2766
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Just watched episode 21 and had to drop in to say that Ai is da MAN with balls the size of suns.

What do you do when all the high tech doodaahs fail? You go old school, you use the wind, the stars and your hands, and trust your skills fearlessly to take you through. That's a sailor, gentlemen and ladies.

By the sweat of our brows, and the strength of our backs! For Ai-chan!!!
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 16:02   Link #2767
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Miniskirt Space Pirates manga will start its serialization on June 2nd (Saturday) at NicoNico Seiga [source]
Asahi Comic Fantasy [link]
Asahi Publications official announcement [link]
Spoiler for at NicoNico Seiga:
will have great news with all of moretsu pirate haha and yes I also wonder if the manga will follow closely the history of the novel but honestly I think so probably with some additions but without + level and then drawing the characters that I see it ressemblerons to those of the novel unlike the anime (especially Chiaki makes me think of Natsuki Kuga from My Hime * o *)

In short I can not wait to read the manga in June haha
Old 2012-05-28, 16:54   Link #2768
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Phonies The Planets?
Spoiler:
Our Solar System is a lie? :/

There was a 2ch poster who tried to fit Miniskirt Pirates into the ARIEL universe (50,000 years after), which was silly
This is what that product is: http://www.amazon.com/Nasa-Voyager-S...pd_sim_sbs_m_6

They just dropped the "Sym" in Symphonies
Old 2012-05-28, 17:03   Link #2769
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
They just dropped the "Sym" in Symphonies
Crafty way to avoid copyright. (A tactic seen in multiple other series)

But small things like that --- really really make a series worth appreciating.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 17:40   Link #2770
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

As for the episode, that was pretty intense...even without the Chairwoman or the hitmen being involved.

Though I can understand the resentment toward Marika's high school after what happened six years ago, and the drive to overcome their predicessor's failures. But I don't understand the outright fear being show to girls that were not even in high school six years ago. What sort of reputation did you give them, Lynn? That didn't seem to have anything to do with them being pirates under Marika. Though since Marika wasn't there I guess her own brand of "being famous" didn't override whatever tales the other high schools us to tell their juniors.

But the remade course is dangerous, yet I didn't see a report of any loses (save the Chairwoman getting shot down, which had nothing to do with the course). Though I wonder if they will have a shootout in future years just to add to the course?

Ai seems to dominate in terms of skills, but it hasn't been proven that she's the best in terms of winning. She came in third in their trials (probably would have been second if Grunhilde wasn't cheating with style). And we have no idea were she placed in the race.

Kane's scenes seems to be meant to throw us off a little. Though I suppose he could be calling for a pickup and change on the way to the Bentenmaru from the station.

The Chairwoman was just a little too wound up. But then it was personal for her. Though that she didn't even bother to check in on who they were hiring was odd. And of course I question why she was hiring the pirates in the first place. It seems some knew their was a group after Marika, but didn't that craft also show in the discussion on the Bentenmaru's security job? She seemed more in the line of thinking that the High School girls would be terrorists or something (instead of just a hacker who replotted the course to make it dangerous....ehrn of course she herself had remade that course already).

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-05-28 at 17:51.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 18:11   Link #2771
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Ai would had won if she wanted to, but she got distracted by helping Marika out, and after that she pretty stopped trying to win the race but enjoy the scenery.

I those Kane scenes just throw me off, but I think that is his twin brother. There is no way Kane could go from place to place right away. We hopefully we can get a confirmation in the last few episodes.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 18:18   Link #2772
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Ai seems to dominate in terms of skills, but it hasn't been proven that she's the best in terms of winning. She came in third in their trials (probably would have been second if Grunhilde wasn't cheating with style).
The girl who came in first in the trials (Nataly) didn't even make the top three in the race, so I don't see any correlation between that and the actual race.

As far as I can see, Ai would have won the race if she didn't stop to save Marika. Her ability to predict the wind currents is a decisive skill for a dinghy race.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-05-28 at 19:22.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 19:18   Link #2773
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I those Kane scenes just throw me off, but I think that is his twin brother. There is no way Kane could go from place to place right away. We hopefully we can get a confirmation in the last few episodes.
as I said yes he has a twin brother (to whom I saw in sketches) yes but your reason be a real confirmation in the coming episodes
Old 2012-05-28, 20:12   Link #2774
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Ep. 21 was pretty good, but was slightly marred by a few things that didn't sit quite right.

Most noteably, when Ai was flying that dinghy after being hit by the EM attack.
  • Crucial design flaw: the dinghy's canopy is completely opaque! In case the electronics goes on the fritz (which can always happen, not just after an EM attack), the pilot is totally blind and likely to fly into things. I seriously doubt anyone would make such a glaring design flaw, if it were an actual dinghy.
  • opening the canopy during flight is a *bad* idea, with the occuring spontaneous decrompression being the least of the worries:
    • Ai wouldn't be able to see anything without flight goggles because of the strong flight wind. Pilots flying in open-cockpit planes need to wear flight goggles or full flight helmets to be able to see anything.
    • The aerodynamics would be greatly impacted by flying with an open canopy. This however wouldn't be a problem for long, because...
    • Flying at high speed with a open canopy, the canopy would be ripped off. In being ripped off, it might also damage other parts of the dinghy. When flying back after being ripped off, there's a good chance the canopy would hit the dorsal fin, thus degrading maneuvrability quite a bit.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Marika should wear that monokini!
Gruelle looks absolutely ridiculous in it.
Old 2012-05-28, 20:22   Link #2775
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

AI was not flying at that time at high speed and was not the highest in the planet's atmosphere.
Old 2012-05-28, 20:22   Link #2776
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Well that was unexpected. Wasn't expecting much from episode 21 but it turned out to be one of the more enjoyable episode so far in the series. Loved the race and using a spaceship in the atmosphere.

Though the chairwomen getting shot down very fast was somewhat arkward. its like she had no purpose part from annoying Marika.

Might be me but for some reason Ai had some death flags. Was hoping nothing went wrong when she got hit by EMP.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 20:49   Link #2777
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Ep. 21 was pretty good, but was slightly marred by a few things that didn't sit quite right.

Most noteably, when Ai was flying that dinghy after being hit by the EM attack.
  • Crucial design flaw: the dinghy's canopy is completely opaque! In case the electronics goes on the fritz (which can always happen, not just after an EM attack), the pilot is totally blind and likely to fly into things. I seriously doubt anyone would make such a glaring design flaw, if it were an actual dinghy.
  • opening the canopy during flight is a *bad* idea, with the occuring spontaneous decrompression being the least of the worries:
    • Ai wouldn't be able to see anything without flight goggles because of the strong flight wind. Pilots flying in open-cockpit planes need to wear flight goggles or full flight helmets to be able to see anything.
    • The aerodynamics would be greatly impacted by flying with an open canopy. This however wouldn't be a problem for long, because...
    • Flying at high speed with a open canopy, the canopy would be ripped off. In being ripped off, it might also damage other parts of the dinghy. When flying back after being ripped off, there's a good chance the canopy would hit the dorsal fin, thus degrading maneuvrability quite a bit.
Yep, I had problems with all of that too, see my earlier post regarding how she was able to breathe at such a high altitude (and juding by the horizon, she was up pretty high). However, I guess we can chalk this up to anime physics.

Endless "High flying" Soul
Old 2012-05-28, 21:44   Link #2778
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering what they've done with Ai since they gave her the helm of the Bentenmaru, I'd say she trumped physics with "Rule of Cool". But also we don't know too mcuh about this planet they are on. It isn't quite standard since the atmosphere is doing weird stuff on the race course, and it seems they can plan on that aread of time. So the weather is at least fixed enough that a planned route for purposes of making the race "badass" twice in six years (the course being the same both times) means it is not Earth like.

Also the Chairwoman's flashback seems to suggest she lost control in a solar flare or some fiery, like Kane put the girls though in simulators. That is not normal Earth-like conditions...so certain things we may think of as constants may not be the case.

If so, were pressure and oxygen count must there be for Ai to be able to crack the cockpit open? Did she does do it to get a bearing and then close up for ther flight back (an extreme navigator can fly from memory I guess as long as they know how fast they are going, where they are at present, and what bearing they need to fly on. Since her radio started working as did several other things onboard, I'm guessing Ai's dinghy started back up on her way back. Perhaps enough to get the viewscreen back on. (or is it a mixed viewscreen/polarized glass (she was facing the sun so the screen would darken, especially if it was designed for space travel.)

Any other ideas?
Old 2012-05-28, 22:48   Link #2779
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Any other ideas?
The only other option I can think is that "humans" have been genetically engenireed to survive in very different atmospheres for several generations (which would make sense if traveling to different solar systems is as common as nowadays it is flying to another continent), therefore AI experienced no discomfort as her body adapted very quickly and what seems like a normal atmosphere might be at VERY high altitude where air pressure does not prevent opening the front and does the wind is high speed but low pressure.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 22:50   Link #2780
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Simple, Ai is an alien with a second set of transparent eyelids

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri