AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-03-10, 22:10   Link #201
Lichtkrieg
lost member

Send a message via MSN to Lichtkrieg
Just finish Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo. Good lord it was good!! It has been a long time since I enjoy an "animemovie" that much. Keep me on the edge of my chair for 1.5h

The ending was also excellent. Kinda in two part. Although I'm not too sure what happened.

Spoiler for ending:

So many dark spot! Oh well it would not be so amazing if everything was crystal clear

Last edited by Lichtkrieg; 2008-03-11 at 07:54. Reason: my poor english
Lichtkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 23:43   Link #202
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichtkrieg View Post
Spoiler for ending:
Spoiler for ending:
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 12:16   Link #203
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

That's a good explaination KholdStare. I'm trying to find the DVD release of the movie but I'm have no luck .

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 01:05   Link #204
telephony

Just finished watching this and thought it was amazing. I had a question though,

Spoiler for :
telephony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 21:12   Link #205
narmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephony View Post
Just finished watching this and thought it was amazing. I had a question though,

Spoiler for :
Chiaki has to go back to his time because he broke one of the rules (or laws) for time traveling from his origin of time (which is the future in Makoto's perspective). We have no idea if he could have lived with Makoto but we don't know if a "time distortion" was already made before these series of events. As already stated he returns to his time after Makoto's time (which is the future).

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2008-04-12, 22:15   Link #206
telephony

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post
Chiaki has to go back to his time because he broke one of the rules (or laws) for time traveling from his origin of time (which is the future in Makoto's perspective). We have no idea if he could have lived with Makoto but we don't know if a "time distortion" was already made before these series of events. As already stated he returns to his time after Makoto's time (which is the future).
But he SAID he couldn't return back to his time, while he was explaining everything to Makoto in the art gallery/museum. He even shows her that he has no more charges remaining to leap.

Besides, he wanted to go back to his own time, so if by disappearing he meant he was going to sent back to his own time, why go through all the trouble of Makoto having to use her extra charge so Chiaki could get his charge back, to go back to the future, which was where he was going to "disappear" to anyway.

Unless by disappearing, he meant that literally. Like the consequences of what he did was so severe that he disappears from the world entirely. But then that still doesn't make sense, because at the end of the movie, Makoto still knows about time traveling, which violates said rule. Meh, I don't get it.
telephony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 00:20   Link #207
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Plot consistency wasn't this movie's strong point, I'm afraid, and it's implementation of time paradoxes was even weaker.

Chiaki's first "disappearance" was probably as depicted - he literally vanished. I don't think he actually returned to his own time, but quite possibly, he had created a time paradox by saving Makoto at that instant, and thus erased his own existence in both the present and the future. Chiaki came back into existence because Makoto jumped again to prevent that particular timeline from occuring, and hence "saved" Chiaki.

As for why Makoto's continued existence doesn't jeopardise his future existence, it's probably because they are now on an alternate tangent that doesn't lead to that outcome. Of course, all this would make sense only if you subscribe to the multi-universe theory of quantum physics.

I think it's better not to dwell too much on the shoddy pop-science and focus more on the shoujo renai aspects of the movie. TokiKake would be more satisfying from that perspective.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 02:18   Link #208
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Browsing the usual vendors... no word on the release date have I found. (okay.. not enough coffee there).

Has anyone spotted any tentative release dates?
Old 2008-04-13, 14:01   Link #209
narmi

I have no info too about official distribution in Region 1 (North America).

Yes I agree we shouldn't dwell on the "hoddy pop-science" of the movie.

Old 2008-04-15, 09:33   Link #210
KatsuKy
Trolls hater

Send a message via Yahoo to KatsuKy
never watched a full-DVD anime-movie before, buy I must say this is a great film. Some scenes are really heart-breaking, some nearly made me cry, after all, this film reminds me of a very important thing in life:
Spoiler for You've probably guessed...:
KatsuKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 17:18   Link #211
narmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatsuKy View Post
never watched a full-DVD anime-movie before, buy I must say this is a great film. Some scenes are really heart-breaking, some nearly made me cry, after all, this film reminds me of a very important thing in life:
Spoiler for You've probably guessed...:
The film was great to watch and if there is a dvd release of this movie. I will buy it so I can enjoy it in the future years to come. I almost was torn when she finds out about Chiaki and what would happen to him.

Old 2008-04-16, 23:17   Link #212
nanafan
horo fan

i love this movie seen it many times and still get teary eyed.
Spoiler for chiaki?:

Last edited by nanafan; 2008-04-16 at 23:19. Reason: spoiler..whoops
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 14:11   Link #213
narmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
i love this movie seen it many times and still get teary eyed.
Spoiler for chiaki?:
Can't be explained with facts but unfortunetly only with speculation we can try to find an answer.

Old 2008-04-17, 22:24   Link #214
nanafan
horo fan

that is true, unless we read the book the first movie is based on? i think the anime movie is also based on a manga, not sure though
Old 2008-04-17, 22:43   Link #215
narmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
that is true, unless we read the book the first movie is based on? i think the anime movie is also based on a manga, not sure though
Actually this movie is based on the original novel and movie (which is based on the novel). The manga is based from these two sources also.

Old 2008-04-17, 22:46   Link #216
nanafan
horo fan

okay, i was wrong. i hate it when that happens lol
Old 2008-04-17, 22:55   Link #217
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Oh man, I really need to rewatch this.
I rated it an 8/10 (which is quite good from me.), but reading through this makes me think that it may be better than I thought.
Maybe I should rewatch it when I'm fully awake and not late-late-late-night?

Still, the scenes that stick out the most in my mind were the ones I either thought were the best or worst, notably, Makoto falling through timestreams and such to "Kawaranai Mono", the scene where we first see Chiaki stop time and explain everything to Makoto, the scene where Chiaki leaves, Makoto running sometime after learning everything (I don't remember what or when the scene was, I just know that it was her running from a side view and it did nothing for drama, comedy, or story progression.), Makoto on the rooftop (a bit overdramatised and it really did nothing for the story.)
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 03:03   Link #218
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Oh man, I really need to rewatch this.
I rated it an 8/10 (which is quite good from me.), but reading through this makes me think that it may be better than I thought.
Maybe I should rewatch it when I'm fully awake and not late-late-late-night?
What do you know, I feel the same about ef.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Still, the scenes that stick out the most in my mind were the ones I either thought were the best or worst, notably, Makoto falling through timestreams and such to "Kawaranai Mono", the scene where we first see Chiaki stop time and explain everything to Makoto, the scene where Chiaki leaves, Makoto running sometime after learning everything (I don't remember what or when the scene was, I just know that it was her running from a side view and it did nothing for drama, comedy, or story progression.), Makoto on the rooftop (a bit overdramatised and it really did nothing for the story.)
Ah, the most memorable scene for me is Makoto running to catch up to the bicycle, hurting herself a lot in the process. It's powerful because it brings both physical shock (there was blood and...other injuries) as well as emotional shock (you know what will happen if Makoto doesn't catch up), reminiscent of many SaiKano scenes. Wait, no good can come from comparing things to SaiKano, so moving on...

Another scene is the beginning or the end (or maybe both), I forgot, but the way that clock falls and then continues to tick was really, well, suspenseful. I would re-watch this series if it wasn't for TSR and Higurashi (and Kai) in my queue.

There are many things that I will has some importance, but I never really focused on it, because the anime's enjoyability is too high. Of course, I'm talking about the aunt and the paintings. That definitely has some connection with Chiaki and the future, but I still have no clue what.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 08:11   Link #219
nanafan
horo fan

i have watched this movie at least three times, i can't say i have gotten sick of it yet. i really like the story line it's interesting.
Old 2008-04-18, 10:08   Link #220
gaguri

It's funny how some people saw Makoto's running scene as useless. I thought it captured the essence of the movie brilliantly.
gaguri is offline   Reply With Quote