AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-27, 06:57   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Character Discussion - Maka & Soul

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Maka & Soul related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Soul Eater fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!

Maka . Soul

Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode talk, there are already threads serving that purpose.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.
  • Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animesuki) on ZiRC.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-04-27, 08:55   Link #2
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I love Soul and Maka as individuals, as partners, and as a couple xD

They are a very unique shounen leading girl and guy Rare for me to see a shounen series wherein the girl is the main fighter while the guy is her support

I also love it that the leading girl is not just some burden. She can fight to protect herself. The leading guy doesn't get all the spotlight.

I love Soul that despite his wild appearance, he's a real gentleman . . . and I love him in that black suit xD

Can't wait to see more episodes that focus on them Especially on their relationship xD Squeee!!!!
Old 2008-04-27, 12:02   Link #3
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
Can't wait to see more episodes that focus on them Especially on their relationship xD Squeee!!!!
I am not sure what to expect from this at the moment, but I wouldn't mind if the anime decided to keep love out of the picture alltogether.

A good friendship were both rely on one another would work just fine for me.
Old 2008-04-27, 20:25   Link #4
Bloody Nightingale
Banzai~! Banzai~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I am not sure what to expect from this at the moment, but I wouldn't mind if the anime decided to keep love out of the picture alltogether.

A good friendship were both rely on one another would work just fine for me.

Spoiler for their relationship (manga knowledge):

What really makes this pair stand out from the other two team is their interaction revolving around the <spoiler element skipped> which I really look forward to see it animated.

Last edited by Bloody Nightingale; 2008-04-30 at 16:37. Reason: right, ok, this is a spoiler too i'll remember that
Old 2008-04-28, 10:22   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, in the first place, the word relationship doesn't always mean a romantic one.
Though I wouldn't complain if it did >.>

Nevertheless, I am drawn to this pairing/duo, more so than the others.

(Still pending on Kidd's 'team')
Old 2008-04-28, 14:14   Link #6
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Best interaction between them that's shown thus far would be the Soul Resonance scene and the dialogue that follows.

Old 2008-04-28, 17:16   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The way they hold hands (or more properly, grip each other's hands) says an incredible amount about their relationship - much more than "just" romance.

I suppose you could say they're "soul-mates" .... (I should hide now).

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-04-28 at 20:43.
Old 2008-04-28, 19:49   Link #8
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I don't think of their relationship as romantic so to speak but then again I can't see them leaving each other either for other girls or guys.

Regardless I love seeing them together.
Old 2008-04-28, 19:53   Link #9
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
I don't think of their relationship as romantic so to speak but then again I can't see them leaving each other either for other girls or guys.
That's exactly how I see it.

They have one of the best partnerships I've seen.
Old 2008-04-28, 19:59   Link #10
Medousa
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Medousa
Quote:
Same thing for me ... I would be weird. O_O

And, I think they look good together. xD

BTW, talking about the characters ... Soul, like Sapphire-Pyro said, despite his obsession for being cool and his wild appearence, he's a gentleman ... And I love his voice. (And the sound of the drools! xD)

For Maka, I liked her in the manga, and the way she hold the scythe is so cool~.
Old 2008-04-28, 20:28   Link #11
Bloody Nightingale
Banzai~! Banzai~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medousa View Post

Same thing for me ... I would be weird. O_O

And, I think they look good together. xD

BTW, talking about the characters ... Soul, like Sapphire-Pyro said, despite his obsession for being cool and his wild appearence, he's a gentleman ... And I love his voice. (And the sound of the drools! xD)

For Maka, I liked her in the manga, and the way she hold the scythe is so cool~.

I find it odd though, as much as Soul is obsessed with the whole "cool" ordeal, he doesn't really mention it much aside from the normal days (and it seems more the case in future development, by now in the latest chapters i don't even see him show a slightest sign of "cool obsession")
Old 2008-04-29, 22:59   Link #12
Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Nightingale View Post
I find it odd though, as much as Soul is obsessed with the whole "cool" ordeal, he doesn't really mention it much aside from the normal days (and it seems more the case in future development, by now in the latest chapters i don't even see him show a slightest sign of "cool obsession")
Personally I think "being cool" is just a front Soul puts up because he has the personality of a teenager. When you are a teenager, even if you are 100% gentleman inside, you just can't admit that you are one. It's just so...

Uncool.
Old 2008-04-30, 01:05   Link #13
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Personally I think "being cool" is just a front Soul puts up because he has the personality of a teenager. When you are a teenager, even if you are 100% gentleman inside, you just can't admit that you are one. It's just so...

Uncool.
Agree. I also think this is the case for Black Star, wich could give us a clue as for why they get along so well.
Old 2008-04-30, 03:43   Link #14
Bloody Nightingale
Banzai~! Banzai~!

Quote:
Agree. I also think this is the case for Black Star, wich could give us a clue as for why they get along so well.
Spoiler:

On the otherhand, maybe i could interpret Soul in an alternate direction:
He's always cool headed even in face of insanity, thus, COOL

Last edited by Bloody Nightingale; 2008-04-30 at 16:36. Reason: Oh right this is the part where i forgot =__=
Old 2008-04-30, 19:48   Link #15
Ori

Quote:

I disagree. Black Star, in my opinion is not a gentleman. He is a good person (loyal to friends, has a heart etc), but he is not a gentleman. No gentleman would ever go peek at girls, and hit girls, make a raucous, and eat like a pig.

That just doesn't work.
Old 2008-04-30, 20:15   Link #16
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
I disagree. Black Star, in my opinion is not a gentleman. He is a good person (loyal to friends, has a heart etc), but he is not a gentleman. No gentleman would ever go peek at girls, and hit girls, make a raucous, and eat like a pig.

That just doesn't work.
I think you took my comment a little too litelary there. So let's just say that I think both Soul & Black, are kind at heart.

Oh and a gentleman doesn't make fun of a girl's breast size.
Old 2008-04-30, 21:45   Link #17
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Black Star's no gentleman indeed, but I think he acted like one when he

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-05-02, 07:30   Link #18
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I think from the first episode that its pretty obvious that they're going to end up getting married in the future. It almost seems that Death Scythes are another form of human, after all Maka's father is a death scythe also. They'll probably just throw in stuff here and there to build up on their relationship but nothing too heavy for the most part. As the show obviously isn't about that, it seems more about partnership and zany action. But, I do love these two characters, Maka is too adorable, and Soul looks like a kid but has an adult voice, thats pretty cool, lol.
Old 2008-05-02, 22:15   Link #19
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I think from the first episode that its pretty obvious that they're going to end up getting married in the future. It almost seems that Death Scythes are another form of human, after all Maka's father is a death scythe also. They'll probably just throw in stuff here and there to build up on their relationship but nothing too heavy for the most part. As the show obviously isn't about that, it seems more about partnership and zany action.
The possibility of Soul and Maka ending up together is very high xD But sadly, so far they only have a platonic relationship. Best way to describe them is that they're really good partners.
But they sure act and seem canon xD Man, the anime and manga are teasing my shipper senses xD LOL!
Old 2008-05-02, 22:24   Link #20
Jerseykid

There should at least be one kiss on cheek exchanged!
Closed Thread