AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-02-05, 05:35   Link #1
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

Dead Leaves

has anyone hear of this anime? do you know when it will be available to download anywhere (I think theyre showing it in theaters in Japan)

I NEED to see this, it looks like FLCL...on crack.

www.deadleaves.jp
Copy Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 06:18   Link #2
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Dead Leaves is an OVA produced by Production I.G. and co-financed by Manga Entertainment so (pre)licensed.

-> DVD & Licensed

Thread moved
Old 2004-09-28, 01:05   Link #3
Vortex

:P

Guys, head over to www.manga.com to view this completely (streaming) for free (just for today thou)

Just watched it and I thought It's pretty good

The characters are very unique..
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 01:36   Link #4
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

where is the link to the free web broadcast? I can't seem to find it...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 02:03   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex
:P

Guys, head over to www.manga.com to view this completely (streaming) for free (just for today thou)

Just watched it and I thought It's pretty good

The characters are very unique..
Thanks for the tip off. Just watched it myself. I have to say that was one of the most massively f*ked up things I've ever seen. Obviously FLCL was a big influence on this although it is both more coherent and less sane. My favorite quote, "Nothing around here surprises me anymore."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
where is the link to the free web broadcast? I can't seem to find it...
If you look you'll see the words "Dead Leaves Now Playing. Click on Dead Leaves above to watch." Just follow the instructions.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 02:31   Link #6
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Thanks for the tip off. Just watched it myself. I have to say that was one of the most massively f*ked up things I've ever seen. Obviously FLCL was a big influence on this although it is both more coherent and less sane. My favorite quote, "Nothing around here surprises me anymore."

If you look you'll see the words "Dead Leaves Now Playing. Click on Dead Leaves above to watch." Just follow the instructions.
thanks, now I can see it... wasn't up before I guess
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 02:31   Link #7
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa

You beat me to the punch.

If you can't find the link, try the direct site.
http://www.dead-leaves.com/

If you cannot find it here, well, Don't know what to say.
________
Cheap Glass Pipes

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 12:12.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 23:55   Link #8
Aaron_b
The Missing Link

This anime did so many amazing things in the way of perspective and point of view as well as low-key lighting... Interesting parallelism regarding the story of the butterfly and human existence too, when an anime goes so far off of the fourth wall to give the audience somethign meaningful, I respect that. If I didn't have so much homework to do, I'd write a review on it. In any case, the scene with "the baby" had me laughing so hard I was crying... priceless... priceless when blood and violence and sex and anything else lewd lead to so many interesting things. Dead Leaves is a bit of an oddity, but I guess that's what I like about it.

I have to give some props to Gaijin Productions and their dub work. I've loved Amanda Winn-Lee's work for years... and love the fact that she and her husband have taken a shot at almost all aspects of western production. Her yelling can at times get a bit tiring but she is still very, very intelligent regarding her work.

"Hey, that thing on your eye makes you look like a panda bear."

"And that retro tv on your head makes you look like an ass****."
Aaron_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 13:03   Link #9
krem

well it's being released in the UK this month if anyone is interested. i haven't seen it myself but how does it compare to FLCL? I saw some of the screens, and would rather get the DVD than watch it streamed.
krem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 00:42   Link #10
Aaron_b
The Missing Link

I don't know if comparing it to Furi Kuri would be accurate, considering that although Production I.G. did produce the title Dead Leaves with Gainax, Gainax did not work as designers for Dead Leaves.

If there must be a comparison, however, the plot is fairly linear when it comes to Dead Leaves. Regarding the fact that you know the characters and you know their motives within the first five minutes of the short anime, it leaves little room for any storyline alteration; the program is therefore limited to elaboration.
Aaron_b is offline   Reply With Quote