AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-10-15, 07:18   Link #6481
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
I have no words for how completely lame this is.

The only good thing to come out of this is that Wendy didnt age.

Below me: Probably Mashima, as bad as Bleach is. Fairy Tail had way more potential than it's current state allows.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 07:18   Link #6482
Ushio the Omega

So who sucks at writing an interesting plot worse? Mashima or Kubo.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 07:22   Link #6483
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Kubo... it's not even a contest.
Old 2011-10-15, 07:25   Link #6484
cuzsal
I watch too much Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Kubo... it's not even a contest.

kubo doesnt write he just draws great picture books, the anime team fills in the story for tv....yup

lol but still i think fairy tail's story each arc has been good to great so far
cuzsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 07:31   Link #6485
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Timefreeze, wing girl is Mavis, return of Tenrou... called it.

Too bad Mavis is gone so quickly though. I would have loved to see more of her.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 07:37   Link #6486
Kafriel
Senior Guest

And now we have a guild of half-old people! Seriously if Mashima doesn't have a "dark future world" card in his deck, the whole timeskip process will have been completely pointless...unless the Alzac x Viska fans forced him to get the two married no matter what and make it first page :O
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 07:59   Link #6487
ronin myael
lost ronin

well, i didn't see that coming. i was expecting some big mystery behind the disappearance and perhaps a stronger natsu and company after the seven-year time skip but all we got is some fairy magic that freezes time??? what was the purpose of that seven-year skip anyway? he could have used it to create a darker and more chaotic world, build up some characters and give power-ups. why need the time-skip at all if that's all he was planning to do? what a waste!
Old 2011-10-15, 08:06   Link #6488
kitten320

There are no words to describe how dissaponted I am right now 0_o
I did want to see old gang back but not THAT FAST!
How the hell first guild master is even there?! With this chapter the whole time skip feels like a waste of time! What was the purpose of it?! Ig all strongest mages are back then they will easily get guilds popularity back. Are we going to have another guild VS guild arc?! I did enjoy the old one but I can't see myself liking its new version =/

Seriously, ir feels like Mashima had suddenly lost ideas. Did someone knock him on the head?!

And no, Kubo still sucks more though it looks like Mashima is his secret fan -_-
Old 2011-10-15, 08:19   Link #6489
Finre

Pfft whats the point of timeskip if everyones stays the same. So lame...
Finre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 08:26   Link #6490
kitten320

This chapter felt like a preview for upcoming arc, a preveiew and not an ctual chapter -_-
I don't like dream ideas but I so wish for this chapter to be someones happy dream!
Old 2011-10-15, 08:31   Link #6491
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
This chapter felt like a preview for upcoming arc, a preveiew and not an ctual chapter -_-
You're so in denial.

It was just bad, let's leave it at that.
Old 2011-10-15, 08:34   Link #6492
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I don't like dream ideas but I so wish for this chapter to be someones happy dream!
you wish! just like i wish mashima is a better writer.
Old 2011-10-15, 09:04   Link #6493
Wrath88
Kissing...

I came here wondering how many people were surprised that Mavis was actually a loli...
Old 2011-10-15, 09:13   Link #6494
Aesthetic Shampoo

That was lame and disappointing. But at least Mavis is cute.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 09:14   Link #6495
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well still quite disappointed about this time freeze instead of timeskip but doesn't mean I'd say it's a bad thing, just I'd prefer seeing the gang post 7 year timeskip.

And yet still Mavis was the most interesting thing about the chapter, I really wish we'd get more from her <3

That said, Mashima knows how to make a entrance and cause of that it's all good

Onwards!
Old 2011-10-15, 09:16   Link #6496
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
"TRUKK NOT MUNKY!"

Heh, it never gets old and doesn't surprise me anymore. "They changed it now it sucks!" "RUINED FOREVER!"

Here's a hint: the story ain't over yet. We'll probably find out why there needed to be a time skip story wise. Probably time to make the world go to hell, or at least allow some bad guy's plans to go develop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
And now we have a guild of half-old people!
I wouldn't say old, just a bit older. They do still have quite a few young people.

Personally, I think the point was partially to bring Fairy Tail down to a broken guild, forcing them to work from the bottom again. they were at the top, and it's difficult to really work with a top-end guild, story wise. Also, this means the council would ignore Fairy Tail, now that they aren't causing any trouble. Essentially lets the heat die down. But it will be interesting to see the response from the council, and see what's changed in the world, after these seven years.

I'm pretty much expecting the world to be kind bad, to start FT off at a disadvantage, and then force them to work hard to right what went wrong.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 09:20   Link #6497
kitten320

It would've been much easier to kill master instead. With his death guilds reputation would go lower. Like that we could get some realism, drama and development.
Old 2011-10-15, 09:23   Link #6498
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Here's a hint: the story ain't over yet. We'll probably find out why there needed to be a time skip story wise. Probably time to make the world go to hell, or at least allow some bad guy's plans to go develop.
That has nothing to do with it. Point is, it was a perfectly good opportunity wasted! We could have easily just got this chapter 10 weeks from now no problem. Would it have affected this greater plan in any way? No, it wouldn't have.

Going by your argument we should look the other way for all Kubo's nonsense too, since "it sucking is all part of a grand plan!"

(god knows in Kubo's case he's literally been spoon feeding that crap for years with Aize, lot of "greatness" that ended up leading to)

But I digress. Yes, in Fairy Tail's case this doesn't really impact the manga that much. But, as a chapter it was weak, really weak.
Old 2011-10-15, 09:30   Link #6499
Aesthetic Shampoo

Just re-read it...and nah, its not that bad

Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 09:39   Link #6500
ronin myael
lost ronin

i think the gang's return was rushed. mashima barely established this post time-skip world. the only thing we know about it is that fairy tail has gone to the dogs. he could have introduced new villains, a new conflict, but there was nothing save for a bunch of sniveling rejects hoping for salvation. it would have been more interesting if natsu and the others came back at a time when there's a real urgency for them to step in and take over. if he wanted drama that's the way to do it.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen