AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-24, 21:15   Link #321
ChainLegacy
廉頗

It appeared as if a fight was about to break out at the end of episode 6. Seems like a kind of random change in hostility level... though to be honest I'd kind of like for a fight to occur. I'm also curious just how powerful goddess-mode Izumiko is, is she leagues above everyone else? That's kinda the impression I've been getting.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 21:24   Link #322
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow Izumiko drunk was just so cute
Old 2013-04-24, 22:18   Link #323
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
It appeared as if a fight was about to break out at the end of episode 6. Seems like a kind of random change in hostility level... though to be honest I'd kind of like for a fight to occur. I'm also curious just how powerful goddess-mode Izumiko is, is she leagues above everyone else? That's kinda the impression I've been getting.
Well, it's been implied that she's strong enough to eliminate the human race if she fully manifests, so yeah.

In terms of a potential fight, I think we're seeing that Mayura is a cold, practical thinker. She's been following the "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" dictum with Miyuki and Izumiko, and since she didn't yet know which they were, she was covering all bases. I don't expect her to go outright villain, but I think one of the themes of the series is going to be that everyone is primarily concerned with their own interests, and the only ones the main pair can rely on are each other.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 00:55   Link #324
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

The goddess also mentioned that Izumiko would likely be the final vessel during her first possession. The mentioning of her manifestation meaning the end of humanity could be reason for her to say that Izumiko is the potential final one, but who really knows.
Old 2013-04-27, 14:47   Link #325
kuromitsu

Spoiler for ep 5:

By the way, someone has already pointed this out, but what is "seinen" doing in the tag list?
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 19:25   Link #326
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

By the way, someone has already pointed this out, but what is "seinen" doing in the tag list?
I don't normally worry too much about genre labels, but I would have guessed RDG would be considered a seinen if you'd asked me. Having looked it up after your post, I see the manga adaptation is in Shounen Ace, which is (duh) technically a shounen monthly but is loaded with titles (Eva, Deadman Wonderland, Mirai Nikki) which probably should be called seinen titles.

I guess the final answer is - does it matter?
Old 2013-04-27, 22:34   Link #327
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I guess the final answer is - does it matter?
It does matter. There's always someone who cares about the target demographic and there's no reason to be misleading about it.

And btw, the manga adaptation may be shounen, but this anime is based on the novel, which is neither seinen or shounen since it's a real novel. So the anime is just anime. Heck, it probably tagets a female audience, all things considering.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-04-27 at 22:49.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 23:56   Link #328
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It does matter. There's always someone who cares about the target demographic and there's no reason to be misleading about it.

And btw, the manga adaptation may be shounen, but this anime is based on the novel, which is neither seinen or shounen since it's a real novel. So the anime is just anime. Heck, it probably tagets a female audience, all things considering.
I don't find it especially misleading, but to each his own. Novels don't have to be categorized neatly like manga and LNs, no, but that doesn't mean they don't have elements of certain genres thematically. If anything, the point is that too much weight is given to it with manga and LN, not that too little is given to novels. FWIW, I think RDG has plenty of seinen elements but that's not the issue.

And if people are that fixated on genre that they're swayed by third-hand descriptors on a discussion board...
Old 2013-04-27, 23:59   Link #329
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I'm no expert on the Japanese demographic genre labels, but if I had to choose one based on my viewing experience, seinen seems about right for RDG... but, yeah, who cares really. That's for the marketers to decide, eh?
Old 2013-04-28, 00:35   Link #330
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
FWIW, I think RDG has plenty of seinen elements but that's not the issue.
But see, that way of thinking is misleading to begin with, because the target demographic is a label decided by the publisher and is not always reflected in the actual content of the book/manga. The RGD novel isn't published as neither seinen or shounen, therefore it's just plain inaccurate to tag this thread as such. That's all there is to it.
Old 2013-04-28, 03:41   Link #331
kuromitsu

I was just curious what the tag is even doing there. Especially since if we're going by target demography category conventions and pretend they still mean anything, this show would be shoujo. As for the manga, well... this anime is not the adaptation of the manga. Has anyone even read it, anyway? For all we know it's like the Shinsekai yori manga "adaptation"...

Anyway, I'm not losing any sleep over it, I was just wondering.
Old 2013-04-28, 21:30   Link #332
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Saw episode 7. Kind of wanted Izumiko to go god mode when defending Miyuki and knock Mayura down a peg or two. She seems too full of herself. Kind of confused by the ending and what's in store for the male Souda siblings. Is Manatsu planning suicide, or just turning into a spirit somehow? Summoning his horse that just died was pretty badass, though, lol.
Old 2013-04-29, 01:28   Link #333
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

I'm still not quite sure what those siblings are, and why they're connected. :/

Spoiler for episode 7:

Oh, and too many names beginning with Ma- >.<
Old 2013-04-29, 14:48   Link #334
HandofFate

episode 7 kind of confusing with the rapidly escalating events. Wonder how its all going to conclude.

Miyuki was pretty pathetic in the confrontation. Just got knocked around the whole time.
Old 2013-04-30, 04:45   Link #335
Bern-san

Miyuki did say he was only a beginner, what else could he do

I want Takayanagi or Wamiya to appear again, I like the triplets but if they focus too much on them won't they have little time to conclude the whole deal with Izumiko?
Old 2013-04-30, 09:27   Link #336
Konja7

Quote:
I was just curious what the tag is even doing there. Especially since if we're going by target demography category conventions and pretend they still mean anything, this show would be shoujo. As for the manga, well... this anime is not the adaptation of the manga. Has anyone even read it, anyway? For all we know it's like the Shinsekai yori manga "adaptation"...

Anyway, I'm not losing any sleep over it, I was just wondering.
Well I've seen raws of the manga (although there are not many chapters), so far the story follows the same line in the anime and the manga (I guess also the novel).

I do not think RDG would be shojo just because the girl is the protagonist (and shy) and the guy is good looking.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 11:34   Link #337
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
I do not think RDG would be shojo just because the girl is the protagonist (and shy) and the guy is good looking.
The fact that you think those are the requirements of being "shoujo" tells me you're not really familiar with it...

Well, not that the usual target demographic categories mean a whole lot nowadays, especially with anime.
Old 2013-04-30, 13:00   Link #338
Konja7

Quote:
The fact that you think those are the requirements of being "shoujo" tells me you're not really familiar with it...

Well, not that the usual target demographic categories mean a whole lot nowadays, especially with anime.
I did not express myself well. In fact, I read several shojos and I do not think those are the requirements for a shojo, so I do not think RDG is a shojo.

Anyway, as you say, not that the usual target demographic categories mean a whole lot nowadays.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 22:17   Link #339
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Is it just me, or is there a large disconnect between episodes? It feels like some of the plot is missing and overall episodes don't really connect very well. Is this just me? I feel like bits of story and character interaction are missing/omitted. Is this because of the web streamed episodes? Or is it because it is intentional? It feels odd reminds me of watching Touka Gettan XD
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 23:15   Link #340
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

But....she doesn't have a harem and we're 7 episodes in. No bubbles either.

Tags
fantasy, p.a. works, school life, seinen, shoujo