AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2006-03-15, 09:25   Link #141
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius
Didn't Yukito's mom tell him that? That there's a winged girl trapped somewhere and only they can help her, but it is his(Yukito) choice whether to find and help the girl or to live his own life.
& you have to think, Yukito probably isn't just doing this because his Mother asked him too, its also to find out just who he is, his purpose in life - and how Yukito ending up, i believe he found himself.
Old 2006-06-09, 00:53   Link #142
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I've seen the movie. I see that it has a different storyline from the series. I love the character designs. Kinda better than the series because the characters look a little kiddy-ish compare to the movie. Also, it seems that the movie emphasize more on the romance area huh?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 11:49   Link #143
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
just watched the series and i have to say that it broke my heart
why did things have to turn out the way they did? >.< its just basically a sad ending...however there is a glimpse of hope that yukito (as sora) will save misuzu!! i guess there isnt gona be a 2nd season of this? a happy ending would be nice...(2nd anime to make me weep a bit...)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 12:34   Link #144
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Happy endings can't always be good. Air had a very sad ending but it was a great ending compared to many other anime. A 2nd season is out of the question because we don't want a 2nd evangelion again (chances that sequels always screw up the whole story is very high).

That's why i always beleive that things should be as perfect as they are
Old 2006-08-02, 13:18   Link #145
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ ahh well at least ill have the movie and summer specials to keep me happy (if i can find them ) this anime would have a special place in my heart

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 21:43   Link #146
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

^Why can't you find them? The specials and movie are still unlicensed and availible. Just visit the torrent page:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/468.html

This is off topic but since there are a bunch of AIR fans around, you may want to stop by the autumn Animesuki banner contest page and vote for Minoto's Misuzu banner. It would be great to see one up^^

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=34767

*Edit - Looks like Minoto got third place, yay for all who voted and for Minoto for making it! It will be displayed randomly along with the others winners at the top.

Last edited by Neaco; 2006-08-07 at 01:27.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 17:03   Link #147
martino
makes no files now

Yay! KickAssAnime is fansubbing Air TV and it seems so far like they're doing a very good job...as expected.
Old 2006-08-17, 20:19   Link #148
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Thumbs down

Well I have to ask.... why? It's already been fansubbed by at least 3 groups, all of whom did a very good job of it (esp. Koi IMHO). Unless someone is doing a radical new translation, or giant subtitles for ipod viewers with tiny screens or something, it's hard to see the point.

Incidentally for those struggling to find Air TV/specials/movie, all but the movie can be direct downloaded from http://anime.fansub.tv/series.php/468/Air/ (they only have torrent links for the movie) there's also vidcaps for all the episodes.
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 23:41   Link #149
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
KAA is using DVD raws in x.264 with soft subs. Trust me, the video quality is gorgeous compared to the TV versions of AIR that were out last year. Oh, and the translation is (ahem, perhaps suspiciously?) almost identical to Koi's... so a great translation and gorgeous video/audio.

That's why. ^_^

-Andiyar
Old 2006-08-20, 16:38   Link #150
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Actually Koi's translation isn't that good. I found Triads translation much better since they've been translating the sentences instead of Koi's translating the main ideas with alot of editting (which IMHO loses the flavor of the anime). I just hope KAA doesn't make the same mistake as Koi.

Hmmm.....4th subbed version of AIR sounds nice to my collection >.>;
Old 2006-08-20, 16:45   Link #151
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I ended up getting a script of the game dialogues because koi wasn't doing it sentence by sentence. Actually I remember by AIR arc I turned the video off and instead listened while I had the script with me and I was a wreck throughout the whole thing. Turning the video back on afterward that and simply listen in was all the more powerful because of it.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 16:48   Link #152
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heh, thats a pretty good idea.

Its just like playing the game with your eyes closed, and imagining the anime. ^^;

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-08-20 at 17:52.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 12:10   Link #153
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru
Actually Koi's translation isn't that good. I found Triads translation much better
Koi's files were much smaller though for similar technical quality. I was on dialup at the time and the difference between downloading Koi and Triad was about 4 hours.
Old 2006-08-24, 12:28   Link #154
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

^ I personally prefer quality over size, i don't mind having a folder named "Air" with a size of 8+ GB on my harddisk >.>;
Old 2006-08-27, 15:51   Link #155
martino
makes no files now

I went for Triad's because they did the Summer Special as well and theire releases are usually of very high quality. But once KAA is done, then I'll probably go for their version.
Old 2006-08-27, 20:24   Link #156
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

I downloaded subs of the series for each group^^

I have watched a different sub version for every time I've rewatched the series. Already did Koi, Lunar and Ishin's. Planning on doing a run with Triad before summer ends.

Koi's was great, but I also liked Ishin as well (especially since I also enjoyed their sub of the first Kanon).
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 20:48   Link #157
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Hm. Well, when Air was actually 'airing' I remember watching episodes of the show by Koi, Ishin, Lunar and the Triad. Out of those, Lunar was the hardest to watch, followed by the Triad - I just don't like the English that they used. Mind you, it has been a while - and I ended up getting the Summer Specials by the Triad for reason of expediency.

Koi provided for me the best balance of a very readable English sub, with hyper fast translation and quite decent quality. If I wanted more detail or clarity on any issue, I had but to hit this forum, which was, back in the day, absolutely huge. I very rarely needed too though.

-Andiyar
Old 2006-09-07, 18:32   Link #158
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

I agree that Lunar were hardest to watch, I didn't like their (admittedly innovative) style of breaking subtitles into phrases, sticking up half a line of subs and then adding the other half line a couple of seconds later. Because of this I only watched one of their episodes then went back to Koi.
Old 2006-10-31, 10:53   Link #159
gunSTAR

Air Movie

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can download the Air Movie by Koi. It appears that it is not in one of the batch releases. It is not on the tracker site as well. I think they released 2 versions, one in xvid and the other h264.
Any help would be great.

Thanks!!
gunSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 20:33   Link #160
Theowne
耳をすませば

I found a torrent but I'm not sure if I should post the site on this forum, so I'll pm it to you, but I'm not sure if it works, as sometimes torrents that appear active on the website turn out to be dead.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, seinen