AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-19, 05:08   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Dimension W (manga)

DIMENSION W

Story & Art: IWAHARA Yuji

Description:
Quote:
In the future, Nikola Tesla's dream of a 'World System' of electricity is realized. Cords and batteries are a thing of the past, and now people can directly draw energy using devices known as 'coils.' Some people, however, modify these coils for destructive purposes. Mabuchi Kyoma, a man who lives in ruins and has a passion for 'vintage' gas-powered cars, has good reason to know what damage these coils can do. He takes on assignments from a large woman known as Marie, recovering illegal coils in exchange for cash and gasoline.

One day, he goes out on one of his usual missions, to retrieve illegal coils from two criminal brothers, Jony and Every Won. When he gets to their gang's hideout, however, there is another stranger there: a mysterious, cloaked captive that appears to be a young lady. Who is she and will this meeting change Kyoma's life?
Genres: Action Sci-fi Seinen

Links: MangaUpdates
Get this template!

So far 3 chapter scanlated. Any way interesting cryberpunk setting where the MC decide to ignore advance technology in his work. by some reason this feel fusion between Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop with dash of darker than black

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 10:20   Link #2
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Remind me to FF7 Shinra

Old 2013-01-31, 20:24   Link #3
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Old 2013-01-31, 21:00   Link #4
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
[table]

So far 3 chapter scanlated. Any way interesting cryberpunk setting where the MC decide to ignore advance technology in his work. by some reason this feel fusion between Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop with dash of darker than black
No kidding, the MC looks like an older Mugen. The manga is shaping up decently so far, but it's pretty hard to tell where things going to go at the moment.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 06:00   Link #5
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so we know some back ground of the MC itself

Old 2016-01-19, 16:26   Link #6
LKK

Thread moved from archive to active manga forum and opened by request.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 19:02   Link #7
bakato

Thank you. So a new chapter's out and scanlation is still strong. Anyone wanna bet this is gonna end up like Rokujouma and it turns out our duo made the first drop in some number coil paradox?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 19:41   Link #8
Tiberium Wolf

Scanlation not strong. The scanlation has been dead for half a year.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2016-01-19 at 20:07.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 20:18   Link #9
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Best anime counterpart of the season.

My one complaint is there are not enough hot girls in this.

<---*Eyes on loli Elizabeth*
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 20:49   Link #10
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Scanlation not strong. The scanlation has been dead for half a year.
They never dropped this to begin with even after licensing. On another note, I find it strange that this paranormal phenomenon started out of nowhere. That writer stuck around for 21 years without anything happening. I wonder if that dual coil was the trigger for all this.
Old 2016-01-24, 15:30   Link #11
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The problem however is that said scanslations are nowhere to be found -- the ones I've looked at all end in the middle of the lake arc.

Should be interesting though, though with the changes in the previous arc (aka they cut it all out), I'm wonder how the production would adapt this one.
Old 2016-01-24, 15:33   Link #12
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Am still wondering if they will bring the mini arc into future eps...it is kind of a stand alone story, and it is also an interesting bit of world building as well, as others pointed out.

I guess it could theoretically work as an ova too?
Old 2016-01-24, 18:27   Link #13
Random14

Not sure how, since they kept the beginning and end, but otherwise skipped over most of the arc. Unless they add a note that this OVA replaces episode 3 or something like that. Kind of sudden seeing Mira talk to the kids for like five minutes and then they're all friends. Its anime, so it still mostly works, but I miss the longer arc (and the additional sympathetic details help too). Not to mention it leaves Kyoma looking a bit incompetent in letting kids run around rusty cars, whereas the manga cleared up all the loose ends.

With how the anime opening shows that car chase, I was hoping they would animate Kyoma chasing down the villain of the arc in the rain. Unless that part of the manga was deemed too dark for the anime? I remember something about missing limbs, but they probably could have adapted the rest of the story too.

Well, hopefully that means they will spend more time on the lake arc, which seems like its going to be the first huge arc of the series.

Last edited by Random14; 2016-01-24 at 18:57.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-24, 20:15   Link #14
DemonOfWrath

I'm not holding out any hope the anime would re-fit in any cut content, what was cut from the first two episodes is still MIA, and the scenes have been messed around with in order to omit it all. Besides, adaptations that do stuff like that aren't exactly rare unfortunately.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-24, 21:03   Link #15
Nvis
Where are the good animes

There are new characters on the anime website that haven't appeared in the manga yet.....assuming it is after this lake arc.

So it's either an anime-original ending or the manga will catch up eventually.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-24, 21:09   Link #16
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
There are new characters on the anime website that haven't appeared in the manga yet.....assuming it is after this lake arc.

They did appear in the manga.
Old 2016-01-24, 22:19   Link #17
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post

The manga is to 9 volumes and ongoing. Given the pace that they are adapting it at, the anime will move past the currently scanlated chapters within two to three episodes. Since they only have one cour and there is so much remaining material, it is totally unsurprising that they decided to cut the grade fixing side story.

Edit: Having not read the untranslated volumes, i have to wonder if Dr. Yurizaki is actually dead, or if Mira is just assuming that he is. If his exact words were that the pillar of light means that he is, "no longer in this world," then it could be interpreted differently. Though it is indeed a euphemism for being dead, it could alternately mean that he is now in another world. Given the memory apparitions we are seeing in the lake arc, he might have been working out a way to recreate his wife and daughter in Dimension W...

Last edited by Alhazred; 2016-01-24 at 22:59.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 11:43   Link #18
Alhazred

Um... wow. They caught up to the currently scanlated manga in one episode. There is some serious story compression going on here, and i'm not sure how to feel about it. On the one hand, events still hung together pretty well and only a couple minor characters seem to have been cut. On the other hand, given significantly more time for buildup the manga handled the 'descent' in this arc in a much more creepy, horror-mystery sort of way (imho).

Last edited by Alhazred; 2016-01-31 at 11:55.
Old 2016-01-31, 12:01   Link #19
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
Um... wow. They caught up to the currently scanlated manga in one episode. There is some serious story compression going on here, and i'm not sure how to feel about it. On the one hand, events still hung together pretty well and only a couple minor characters seem to have been cut. On the other hand, given significantly more time for buildup the manga handled the 'descent' in this arc in a much more creepy, horror-mystery sort of way (imho).
You know what I'm really depressed about? They gave up a golden opportunity to break a trope. The villain guys see Kyouma and DON'T think "guy doesn't have a coil, he's no threat." Instead they go "wow guy doesn't have any traceable past, he must've seen things so let's try to avoid fighting him."
Old 2016-01-31, 13:04   Link #20
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
You know what I'm really depressed about? They gave up a golden opportunity to break a trope. The villain guys see Kyouma and DON'T think "guy doesn't have a coil, he's no threat." Instead they go "wow guy doesn't have any traceable past, he must've seen things so let's try to avoid fighting him."
Yeah, the sort-of antagonists in this arc do tiptoe around Kyouma a bit more than such characters normally would, given how overreachingly confident they are in every other way. It's an interesting setup that is not immediately evident; only the police are totally out of their depth, because everyone else present (barring Mira and the girl missing from the adaptation) is a 'pro' at coil recovery.

Tags
action, seinen