AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-08-13, 09:02   Link #4261
demino_hellsin
That one guy

but they are misaka harem. Mikoto's harem is Kamijou's harem so it all works out.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 00:49   Link #4262
omega253

Pre-Story Notes: Well, here is yet another snippet (practically a full chapter, actually). What it's about is up to your interpretation. I can tell you that it involves Kamijou's fight with Kanzaki, and a Fukiyose segment as well. This is also my longest snippet, yet, and it was absolutely exhausting to make. But I'm really excited about this one, so....

Let's get the ball rolling!

Warning: AU, possible OOC behavior (I hope I kept every character.... well, in-character), Mild cursing (only once, though)

)))))) Line Break ((((((

Kanzaki Kaori was currently down on one knee, bloodied and fatigued. She was using her nodachi, Shichiten Shichitou, as make-shift crutch to keep herself from collapsing after the destructive battle she had just experienced. Normally, as a Saint, she had a body that could go beyond normal human limitations. Comparing a normal magician to herself is like comparing a grenade to a nuclear bomb. There was a reason that there were only twenty of the monstrous beings in the world that are known as Saints.

But she had to admit that the being in front of her had an even more monstrous disposition than herself, or any other Saint. Before the battle, it –or rather, he- had stated that he was simply a ‘normal Level 0’, as the powerless people in the scientific city she had entered were labeled. Kanzaki had, at first, believed the statement that the high school boy had given.

He had then proceeded to dodge, deflect, or outright ignore every attack she initiated and had started getting closer at a considerably significant speed (for a normal human, that is). After she blocked his first few attacks, the entity (she had started calling him that because there was absolutely no way a normal human had skin that was strong enough to deflect Nanasen) started to increase the strength and speed behind his forward advance.

As they continued to exchange blows, Kanzaki had found that he was slowly surpassing her in terms of physical ability. She began to retaliate by using more and more of the power she had started holding back at the beginning of the battle. The next few minutes were a blur with her lashing out by slashing her still-sheathed blade at him and him launching inhumanely powerful punches and kicks at each other.

At some point in the battle of wills and power, they had started moving up the side of the building while looking like blurs to the normal human eye. Little did they know, every time their superhuman attacks clashed, the environment around was being destroyed. The entity had started tearing out large portions of the concrete road and chucking them at her. That had been avoided easily due to her steel wires slicing them to numerous harmless pieces.

As all of this was going, Kanzaki was trying to figure out how it was that a ‘normal Level 0’ was matching her, blow for blow, and still manage to continually managed to make her increase her power against him. They had started a speedy chase with her trying to find a larger space in which she could perform some of her more destructive techniques. Nanasen was simply being deflected off of her opponent’s skin, so Kanzaki had to resort to more drastic measures to damage him.

Even when she had started sprinting at speeds surpassing the sound barrier, he did something that befuddled Kanzaki and made her even more confused during that battle than she already had been. When she had sped up, he managed to keep up. When they had finally arrived at a suitable street, she started setting up the Red Lotus Flames technique.

She had just wanted Index to not die from the increased strain that the grimoires had on her mind, but he just would not listen. Kanzaki wanted to start yelling childishly and tear her hair out at the boy’s stubborn persistence.

She tried to give the boy – who had very nice spiky, yet smooth looking hair that Kanzaki wanted to run her hands through, she thought dimly in partial, pain-instigated delirium – one last chance before triggering the incendiary spell. However, he begun to shock her again. Kanzaki had walked away, feeling guilty over his apparent ‘death’ before a sentence rang out in the night from Kamijou. He had emerged from the flames, and the only damage was his slightly singed and cut clothing. Surprisingly enough, not even a hint of ash or debris was stuck to his clothes as he had calmly walked out of the rampant fire.

His strange right hand –every time she so much as looked anywhere near, or directly at it, the limb gave her a chill up her spine and a feeling as if she was seeing a strange alien thing that was not meant to exist- had somehow dispelled the flame while a sound of glass being broken rang out in the silent night. His attitude was different from before the explosion, she could tell that much. Before, his disposition had given off nervousness and reluctance to fight, despite his phenomenal physical prowess. Now, it was cold, unrelenting determination and a new fire had been lit in his eyes.

Kanzaki could not remember much after that. What little she could remember was enough for her to deduce the details. His form had flickered briefly, as if like television static, before he had completely vanished. Then she felt PAIN.

Sheer, unimaginable PAIN. She felt as if her body was being repeatedly smashed with steel girders that were shaped like fists or legs. Kanzaki had experienced pain before; it had been an unspoken requirement in the Amakusa training regime to have a certain threshold to withstand pain. But this was something of an entirely different caliber.

Kanzaki could remember that she was then promptly flung into both roads and buildings. After finally collapsing into the streets, she had been able to start a small recovery spell that would at least leave her mind clear enough to think and her limbs able enough to move. The pain stubbornly stayed with her body. Kanzaki Kaori, in one of the few rare moments in her eighteen years of life, had lost a battle.

But she could not accept that. Could not accept that she had lost. Would not accept Index’s death just because some kind of thing that was incredibly strong came in her path.

Feeling herself being filled with resolve to continue and worry for Index, she slowly reached for her ever-faithful blade and commanded her body to stand up.

Stand up. Fight. Continue. She had to get up! Had to save Index!

STAND. UP.

Kanzaki had slowly wrenched herself out of the crater she had been lodged in and brought herself to one knee. The Saint tried to raise her other leg, but the pain was too much and she collapsed to one knee.

That was how she had gotten into her current condition while facing the spiky-haired boy who, disturbingly enough, was still fresh and uninjured, if one ignored the damaged clothing. He was looking down at her (not in the figurative sense, of course, but still) with a pained wince, as if he could feel the pain that wracked her body.

“You know, this wouldn’t have happened if you had just listened to me.” Kamijou sighed, while rubbing his head sheepishly. Kanzaki didn’t know why he still looked like this was an awkward situation that he was used to.

“I-I have to save Inde-,” was as much she could get out of her mouth before she coughed up a small amount of blood from the internal damage that Kamijou had dealt.

“O-Oi, hold on!” Kamijou spluttered as Kanzaki’s eyes drooped before pitching forward in a dead faint. He swiftly moved forward to her body and took her pulse. Kamijou gave a sigh of relief as he felt that there was still a steady heartbeat. He scooped up Kanzaki’s bruised, unconscious body in his arms before making his way towards the hospital. Miraculously enough, she still held on to her sword, saving him the trouble.

The air around the two super-humans became denser as something unknown, something undeniably alien occupied the empty streets. Kamijou momentarily stopped mid-step, while craning his neck as he felt ITS presence make ITSELF known from behind the Imagine Breaker. The Invisible Thing could not influence the outside world in any way because of the seal. However, IT could still hold communication with ITS host. Said host groaned tiredly before addressing the alien presence.

“What do you want now?” Kamijou asked blandly, with half-lidded eyes. He already had enough irritation as it was with the incapacitated Saint in his arms. Now, he had to deal with that thing. IT always left him with something resembling a migraine after their conversations, due to ITS alien nature.

………………….

“Bullshit, you never just ‘check up’ on me.” Kamijou responded, before continuing, “Also, the last time I checked, you could barely understand human speech, let alone common-place manners and etiquette. You were never meant to be here in the first place.” He said in a seemingly rude tone. However, if anybody present knew who or more precisely, what he was talking to, they would have said the same thing.

IT was never meant to exist on that flimsy plane of existence. IT was meant to be higher. But IT had taken interest in ITS current ‘host’, who had more power than IT. This made IT produce, for the first time in ITS existence, shock and curiosity. So, IT decided to ‘observe’, as the substance beings called the ‘activity’, the ‘boy’.

How IT had been locked away by the Imagine Breaker was an entirely different matter.

……………………..?

“What do you mean, why am I taking her to the hospital?” the misfortunate high school student questioned incredulously, wondering where exactly IT learned about injuries. IT knew little to nothing on the ‘substance beings’, as IT called the humans, and their customs.

…………………….

“Just because she tried to blow me up doesn’t mean I can’t take her to the hospital.” Kamijou pointed out with a logic that was completely abnormal to any sane person.

Kamijou was most definitely not ‘sane’, in the traditional sense. If he was, he would not have gained the power that he had up to that point in his life.

………............

“‘Chosen of WHITE’? You mean her?” Kamijou blinked, looking down at the bruised girl in his arms. He could feel that ITS eyes (or whatever passed for ocular organs to the incomprehensible being in his right arm) lock onto the unconscious swordswoman.

………………

“Wait a minute,” Kamijou requested. His mind worked, wondering what IT meant by ‘WHITE’. He remembered that Index had said that she had assailants coming after her from the Church in Europe. He could feel an abnormal aura that was, dare he say it, holy rolling off Kanzaki. The final pieces in his mind clicked as Kamijou finally realized what ‘WHITE’ was.

'Well, I guess that explains why Christianity exists,' Kamijou thought, as he finally obtained an important revelation about Christianity. The identity of ‘WHITE’ was rather easy, when presented with the facts. He knew, however, that each and every being with a disposition similar to IT had a symbol defining their existence. And he now knew that WHITE’s symbol was a cross.

…………….

“Well, I’m fine; you of all things should know that it takes a lot to even put a scratch on me. If that’s all, is there anything else you need?” Kamijou inquired, waiting for an answer.

Silence was the only response.

The air seemingly ‘loosened’ from the pressure that ITS existence had put on reality as IT retreated to the depths of ITS seal. Kamijou exhaled through his nostrils and went on his way to bring Kanzaki to the hospital.

Between The Lines

In a distance, Fukiyose Seiri stared in complete shock, watching Kamijou from her hiding spot as he walked away with an incapacitated woman in his arms. She had just finished the assignment that Komoe-sensei had given the class, and decided to go out for a walk to get some fresh air before going to sleep. Fukiyose had not expected to see her classmate, Kamijou Touma, get blown up by a strangely-dressed woman.

She was horrified at the possibility that he might have died. Fukiyose may not agree with his lackadaisical approach to life, but that didn’t mean he had to go and get himself killed. But her fears were soon dispelled when, shockingly enough, Kamijou walked out of the flames completely unscathed.

Fukiyose watched when he disappeared from where he was standing. Suddenly, the female was being smashed all over her body with what most certainly looked like painful blows. The blows were fast enough to release air pressure as they struck the misfortunate woman’s body. Finally, the blows stopped, only for one that completely dwarfed the previous blows to smash her into the ground. Then Kamijou appeared again, and Fukiyose realized that he had been the source of the devastating damage.

'But he’s a Level 0,' Fukiyose thought incredulously, her mind in a jumble of confusion. 'He doesn’t have a power. Unless….'

She realized that Kamijou had done that through sheer physical strength and speed.

'But how?' Fukiyose wondered, feeling clueless about the situation. 'How did he get so strong?'

Kamijou had always lamented his ‘misfortune’, which never failed to infuriate her. He never got any results in the System Scan, despite the extra esper-related courses he took after being punished for his antics with the other two idiots that formed the Delta Trio. Kamijou had never shown even a single portion of the strength he had used against the woman who had tried to incinerate him.

As the woman had torn herself out of the crater and gotten onto one knee, Kamijou said something she didn’t listen to because of her mind still being muddled with shock. Fukiyose watched the woman cough up blood and then fall unconscious.

After Kamijou picked up the woman (presumably to take her to a hospital, Fukiyose hoped), she felt something. Something was in the area. IT had no definite form, but rather IT was a presence that made ITSELF known through the air getting heavier. She felt inadequate, she felt small compared to ITS presence. However, her shock rejuvenated itself and increased as Kamijou stood his ground, and address IT, as if IT were nothing more than an irritating nuisance. Then she heard a thrum and vibration of the air as she realized that IT had spoken.

After IT’S presence had disappeared, she wondered what it was, what Kamijou’s connection to it was, and wondered just what was going on. Fukiyose could only deduce that ‘Chosen of WHITE’ referred to the incapacitated woman in Kamijou’s arms. And yet, she still wondered what was going on.

“Kamijou, what is going on?” Fukiyose asked to the empty air, feeling absolutely helpless. She had wanted to scream, yell, do something, as IT had been present. But she could do nothing compared to ITS almighty presence.

Her legs suddenly failed her, and Fukiyose collapsed on her knees. She began shuddering, still feeling a phantom remnant of ITS presence. Her mind had been trapped and filled with fear from IT. But she knew one horrifying fact about IT.

The presence from IT had not been deliberate. IT had caused that by simply existing.

Fukiyose absolutely refused to consider what would happen if IT decided to deliberately cause fear. But Kamijou had not been affected by the presence at all, as if he’d been used to ITS presence. And if he was….

Fukiyose decided that when she could work up the nerve, she would apologize for not believing Kamijou when he often commented that he had angered some higher being to get that much misfortune. She also realized, with awkward guilt, that she also needed to apologize for saying that Kamijou often did nothing. If he faced that thing down with no fear, he obviously had something worth note.

I have a lot of stuff that I need to talk him about,’ She winced, groaning in a depressed tone. That particular conversation will be nerve-wracking, to say the least.

Fukiyose just sighed and decided to drop the subject for now, feeling physically and mentally exhausted from that night’s events.

“So much for a breath of fresh air,” Fukiyose muttered, before walking back to her dorm to get some sleep.

)))))) Line Break ((((((

Post-Story Notes: Whew, that took a while. As I said before, I was really excited about this snip, because I can show people my personal interpretation of the Invisible Thing. It was just head canon/fanon, so don't take it as a fact.

Summary of snip:
1) A look into Kanzaki's head during this AU version of her battle with this version of Touma.
2) The Invisible Thing makes an appearance! And we also get a look into its previously unreadable mind!
3) Fukiyose saw almost everything of relevance. Don't be mistaken, she is still missing a lot of details. And now we see a little look into her character, too!

That's just about it.

Please leave your thoughts on the snippet. If you're going to put constructive criticism, then please don't be rude about it.

Last edited by omega253; 2013-08-15 at 04:19.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 03:39   Link #4263
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

That was bloody AWESOME!!!! I'm so drooling at the sheer awesomeness from that snippet.
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 21:10   Link #4264
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalvin_billster1091 View Post
That was bloody AWESOME!!!! I'm so drooling at the sheer awesomeness from that snippet.
Thanks
That was the longest snippet I had actually written, and I'm still a bit nervous because I feel that I could've used more details.

I kind of hope it was easy enough to deduce who or what 'WHITE' was, and its correlation with Christianity. Remember, this is an AU and I'm going to take shameless and lengthy advantage of that fact to add some more stuff. And hopefully it won't ruin the greatness of the Raildex universe.

Also, a few more details on IT and 'WHITE'. Quite frankly, they will be classified as Other Beings. The reason for this is because they fit in nowhere else, like the Angels or Demons (which might be included in the future). Their power is in a whole Other category (Capitals necessary), and if you can know the amount of power IT has and the identity of 'WHITE', then you can see it's a bit justified.

If not, then well, hopefully you guys won't flame me about power levels and all that stuff.

Last edited by omega253; 2013-08-15 at 04:05.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 18:15   Link #4265
omega253

I find myself wondering why this thread hasn't had any activity for a while.....
Is jalvin the only person who was interested in the snippet I posted?
Hahhh..... Ah well.
Old 2013-08-15, 19:23   Link #4266
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think we need more Kanzaki case files. Anyone up to the challenge?
Old 2013-08-15, 19:34   Link #4267
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I have a problem with Kanzaki. She always turns into Hinagiku whenever I try to write about her.
Old 2013-08-15, 19:35   Link #4268
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The voice in your head or the words she says?

I just really like the interaction between the saint, jeans shop owner and the tourist guide girl XD
Old 2013-08-15, 19:36   Link #4269
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
The voice in your head or the words she says?
The voice, the words and the messes I place her in.
Old 2013-08-15, 19:38   Link #4270
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hina in kanzaki's outfit? This warrants research!
Old 2013-08-16, 03:47   Link #4271
demino_hellsin
That one guy

By case files I mean Norse SS
Old 2013-08-16, 04:24   Link #4272
omega253

Ah, okay then. Lemme delete the other thing above then.
Old 2013-08-16, 04:46   Link #4273
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Funny thought. What if Hamazura was waging a silent war? What if there were more level 5's than the top 7? Remember that each of the level 5's have significance to Aleister's plans. So what if maybe there are other level 5's who were not recognized because Aleister did not want them to? They fight secretly, they cause havoc secretly and the only person to know they exist is Hamazura and his parameters list.
Old 2013-08-16, 04:54   Link #4274
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Thing is, the Parameters list shows that there are only 7 Level 5s.
Old 2013-08-16, 04:56   Link #4275
demino_hellsin
That one guy

XD so Hama-chan already opened it?
Old 2013-08-16, 04:59   Link #4276
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I thot it was mentioned earlier, back in the first few novels.
Old 2013-08-16, 05:14   Link #4277
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I remember he just checked his own level and that area of the list. Apparently the whole list was too long?
Old 2013-08-16, 10:57   Link #4278
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Twist of Fate chapter 3 is out

Looks like there will be more girl trouble for Touma lol,
Old 2013-08-16, 11:45   Link #4279
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Funny thought. What if Hamazura was waging a silent war? What if there were more level 5's than the top 7? Remember that each of the level 5's have significance to Aleister's plans.
Since when? Accel and Kakine, ok. Misaka, yes.
Mugino, how?
Misaki, in what?
#6...
Gunha, I don't think so?
Can you explain please?
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 11:51   Link #4280
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Since when? Accel and Kakine, ok. Misaka, yes.
Mugino, how?
Misaki, in what?
#6...
Gunha, I don't think so?
Can you explain please?
That's the thing. We don't know how to explain, because the entire plan has not been revealed yet.

Also, the Catgirl!Kanzaki snippet I posted on page 209 of this thread is now a full story on Fanfiction.net, and now under the name, A Certain Feline Saint.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction