AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-11, 21:40   Link #1021
Var
Banned

Since I don't want to edit that massive post above, I'll just post again. Hopefully some spam will fall into place and not make this a DP. God may not roll dice, but I sure as hell do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
And the Queen piece was designed after her apparently. But of course, now I'll get yelled at.
This was an edit that I missed. In purpose, use, and roll, Kallen is the Queen. In appearance, being the second in command of the OoBK, C.C. is the Queen. If you never noticed, there are two different metaphors presented in the Queen piece. The aesthetic, C.C.'s role, and the internal, Kallen's role. In the Chess metaphor C.C. is as much the Queen as I am the Queen of Scotland.

So, the fact that the Queen is modeled as C.C. does not really effect the Chess metaphor in anyway. To everyone in the story, she is the Queen of the Black Knights. But within the actual metaphor she is the player. Kallen does not consider herself Lelouch's Queen, hence why she is capable of being jealous of C.C.. Kallen sees herself as a Knight and calls herself such. The Chess metaphor is disjointed with the actual way the characters perceive themselves. Much like how the Arturian metaphor does not directly influence how the characters see themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
Your posts are always well thought out and insightful, I always look forward to your responses, even if we disagree. I just wish you would rub off on Seiji..
When have you disagreed with me?

Quote:
For the last damn time, it was mentioned at one time that the the King Piece was designed after Lelouch and the Queen was after C.C.. Does it mean anything? No. Does it even freaking matter if she's on the board? Does it matter what the hell Kallen is?
Then why do you keep mentioning it? Read above for my rebutal.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 21:41   Link #1022
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Reduce the paranoia!!! Nobody is attacking you or hijacking this thread. I have a serious question about C.C. With whom has she had conversations with, when she appears to be talking to herself? V.V. and Marianne right? I was thinking would this mean Marianne is alive?
Why are you here then? Why are more than half the posts I see in every thread saying something incredibly positive about Kallen?

It does not mean Marianne is alive. Charles spoke with Clovis in season 1 after he died. It's called talking to the dead. Mao is in the World of C which is likely where Marianne is.

It's V.V., Marianne and a third person I suspect is her giver.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 21:44   Link #1023
orangejuicetang

Since Charles did talk to Clovis in S1 after Clovis was dead.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 21:44   Link #1024
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post

Then why do you keep mentioning it? Read above for my rebutal.
My sad attempts. Like you said it doesn't matter. You're right after all as usual. Kallen is the Queen, C.C. was never and never will be (we all know she isn't important and is a horribly written character so how could someone as horrible as her be someone as grand and important as a Queen?).

I don't need to read the rebuttal in full. It just says what I know you will always say. Why are you here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Since Charles did talk to Clovis in S1 after Clovis was dead.
Yes, I know. Episode 6 I believe.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-07-11, 21:45   Link #1025
Var
Banned

Quote:
You do pretty much all the time. I doubt you are capable of seriously saying anything that isn't negative about C.C.. And most of your comments are sided to Kallen so you are certainly one to talk. I don't see you doing the same thing when people do sided posts about Kallen.

What else is new?
Esper will disagree with you as I've been saying many good things about her in our conversations. And, yes, my comments are sided to Kallen. I'm not some objective ultimate god-like being. I am simply a god-like being who happens to like some characters more than others. I have my biases, feel free to call me out on them when they actually make a notable effect on what I post.

Oh, and, point me to a Kallen post that is one sided and makes blanket statements. If I'm not mistaken, I'm one of the few people who even talks about her and Lelouch. The others who do also usually put a good amount of thought into their posts and keep their subjectivity at an arms length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
kallen fans are trying to take over the cc thread? battle stations
Single-line space wasters are taking over this thread.

Quote:
I have a serious question about C.C. With whom has she had conversations with, when she appears to be talking to herself? V.V. and Marianne right? I was thinking would this mean Marianne is alive?
V.V., Marianne, and some mysterious third individual. Marianne was confirmed dead last I checked.
Old 2008-07-11, 21:47   Link #1026
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

cc is the queen and kallen is the knight feel free to disagree
Old 2008-07-11, 21:47   Link #1027
Var
Banned

Quote:
My sad attempts. Like you said it doesn't matter. You're right after all as usual. Kallen is the Queen, C.C. was never and never will be (we all know she isn't important and is a horribly written character so how could someone as horrible as her be someone as grand and important as a Queen?).
Since I did say that C.C. is also the Queen... you must have completely skipped over what I wrote and simply did a madlib puzzle and then replied.

Quote:
I don't need to read the rebuttal in full. It just says what I know you will always say. Why are you here?
Now that's borderline insulting. I doubt you can read my mind, and as such, I doubt you have any semblance of an idea as to what I will say or said.

I'm here to have a discussion, or as you put it, rip apart everything because I am a demon.

Quote:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...52#post1721752

Is reading some sort of rare talent these days?
Old 2008-07-11, 21:47   Link #1028
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Esper will disagree with you as I've been saying many good things about her in our conversations. And, yes, my comments are sided to Kallen. I'm not some objective ultimate god-like being. I am simply a god-like being who happens to like some characters more than others. I have my biases, feel free to call me out on them when they actually make a notable effect on what I post.

Oh, and, point me to a Kallen post that is one sided and makes blanket statements. If I'm not mistaken, I'm one of the few people who even talks about her and Lelouch. The others who do also usually put a good amount of thought into their posts and keep their subjectivity at an arms length.
I rather doubt that. I can't ever argue since you'll never let it go till I lose.

This is funny. Seriously, you are joking, right?

Old 2008-07-11, 21:48   Link #1029
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
The only reason this makes sense to me is the fact I believe(correct me if I'm wrong) Lelouch refers to Kallen as being kind of like Zero's knight or protector in one episode. Also she seems some what like a gaurdian as she has saved him on occasions.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 21:49   Link #1030
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Single-line space wasters are taking over this thread.
Ouch. That slightly hurts. I try to be as helpful as possible even though it may be brief.
Old 2008-07-11, 21:50   Link #1031
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Since I did say that C.C. is also the Queen... you must have completely skipped over what I wrote and simply did a madlib puzzle and then replied.

Now that's borderline insulting. I doubt you can read my mind, and as such, I doubt you have any semblance of an idea as to what I will say or said.

I'm here to have a discussion, or as you put it, rip apart everything because I am a demon.
Don't humor me with things I know you don't believe. I skimmed it.

It's rather easy to predict you most of the time in regards to certain things. Same with me.

Old 2008-07-11, 21:50   Link #1032
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Ouch. That slightly hurts. I try to be as helpful as possible even though it may be brief.
I was not refering to actual posts, hanseo's post was pretty much spam. Sorry if I offended you.
Old 2008-07-11, 21:51   Link #1033
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

He posted a thought and it's spam? Or was it the details of the post?

Old 2008-07-11, 21:52   Link #1034
DarkLordOfkichiku

Well, Var's statement can make as much sense as anything - that in the overall scheme (if that's the word) of things, C.C. may well be the Queen and Kallen the Knight - but when it comes to battle, Kallen's the Queen and what C.C. is there is hard to say...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 21:53   Link #1035
orangejuicetang

Quote:
I was not refering to actual posts, hanseo's post was pretty much spam. Sorry if I offended you.
It's okay, I wasn't being that serious about it
Old 2008-07-11, 21:53   Link #1036
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
Oh god Dann, I thought you read my post on this subject as Kallen being Queen does not mean that she is important AND frickin threw it back in my face but now you are all depressed again because Kallen is queen...

Last edited by Stargaze; 2008-07-11 at 21:55. Reason: adding a few words :P
Stargaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 21:53   Link #1037
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Of course it makes sense. It's Var after all.

And will you seriously knock it off with that icon Dark?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
Oh god Dann, I thought you read my post on this subject as Kallen being Queen does not mean that she is important AND frickin threw it back in my face but now you are all depressed again.
I never saw that post.

And I'm always depressed. Being a C.C. fan here, that's a given.

Old 2008-07-11, 21:57   Link #1038
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
The only reason this makes sense to me is the fact I believe(correct me if I'm wrong) Lelouch refers to Kallen as being kind of like Zero's knight or protector in one episode. Also she seems some what like a gaurdian as she has saved him on occasions.
that's what i am talking
Old 2008-07-11, 21:57   Link #1039
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, Var's statement can make as much sense as anything - that in the overall scheme (if that's the word) of things, C.C. may well be the Queen and Kallen the Knight - but when it comes to battle, Kallen's the Queen and what C.C. is there is hard to say...
That wasn't my complete point. C.C. is the Queen in the eyes of the characters, but she is the player to those with audience priveledge. Kallen is a Knight to the characters, desperately trying to aspire to more in Lelouch's eyes (hence why she did something as stupid as rush out to fight Xing-ke), but a Queen to those with audience priveledge.
Old 2008-07-11, 21:58   Link #1040
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Audience view is really all that matters and thus Kallen is more important and apparently the one who derserves to win or some such nonsense.