AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-10, 00:36   Link #241
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

WTH? He's somehow familiar. Doesn't that guy remind anyone else on a celebrity?
I was just thinking what's up with the other selecaos we have zero information on, like him.

Anyway as I theorized about the OP a few pages ago, he might have been involved already with Akira. Here's the picture again, if you are lazy to go back.
In any case, the purple dot between him (#2) and Akira (#9) is outside Akira's badge which could kinda mean they won't have physical contact which each other. I'm not 100% sure of that though.
It's obvious that the connection between #1 and #10 is inside #10's badge too (and they indeed maintain a physical contact with each other as we have seen), just like the other already mentioned connections supporting that theory so far. So I'm thinking that lad probably won't interfere with Akira directly.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-06-10 at 08:55.
Old 2009-06-10, 11:13   Link #242
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
Oh and here's #2.
There is also a sketch of him and of #10 in this article: http://journal.mycom.co.jp/news/2009...072/index.html
Spoiler for #2:
Old 2009-06-10, 17:14   Link #243
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

damn those are some fancy shoes
Old 2009-06-11, 23:48   Link #244
Mandoric

I speculated a bit on meaningful character names, though it might be a bit late.
Old 2009-06-12, 12:33   Link #245
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Oh what the hell? Why if input the kanji of mononobe's name in the wiki I get a whole list of "daiki"? I'll stop trying to understand @_@
Lol. I think Japanese has the most difficult writing system of all: the multiple readings of kanji make Chinese seem simple by comparison. Rikaichan gives ten possible pronunciations for a name using the kanji 大樹. But he pronounces his own name in ep10, so we know which is the right pronunciation (Daiju).

And I enjoyed Mandoric's speculations on the names.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-06-12 at 16:02.
Old 2009-06-12, 21:05   Link #246
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well after episode10 It looks like there isn't any doubt. Mononobe shows the same personality of the mysterious man in episode1 and he also uses the same adjective to define Akira "unique".

Tsuji looks like a complete idiot

Old 2009-06-13, 04:20   Link #247
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Quote:
Well after episode10 It looks like there isn't any doubt. Mononobe shows the same personality of the mysterious man in episode1 and he also uses the same adjective to define Akira "unique".
You're finally convinced then?

Quote:
Tsuji looks like a complete idiot
I agree 100%! A totally worthless waste of skin who knows nothing and could care less. A perfect pawn for Mononobe (if that's indeed who he is! ). Do you get to be a selacao by lottery or what?
Old 2009-06-13, 07:07   Link #248
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I never really said I was 100% sure he wasn't Mononobe, I was just evaluating the possibility since some things didn't seem right. After all I also made a screen of the phone with number I badge.

About Tsuji I don't get it why he never spent his seleçao money and how he survived that far? Does that mean that the rules reported by Hiura are fake? Anyway I don't get why Mononobe didn't ask him to do anything. Is he keeping him as a pet or something? Yeah you could say he's keeping him as a trump card, but Mononobe is planning to become the new Mr. Outside and gain complete control over Juiz so at that point the seleçao phones would become useless to him.

It's particularly interesting the human (android?) Juiz at the end: please continue playing this messianic game according to Mr. Outside rules

A clear message: "Don't think you can bend the rules, play your part in accordance to my plan"

As for how Mononobe's order was misplaced. I guess it's because Juiz was being moved. In other words, the person Mononobe talked to was the woman we saw, and she's obviously working for Mr. Outside. Now I just wonder why Mononobe doesn't try to stop her and question her.

Frankly I think Mononobe ha been quite naive. It is true that a man can't normally live 100 years, exspecially with a cancer. However he couldn't rule out the possibility that he got some strange sci-fi technology to keep him alive somehow.
Or an even more probable possibility: Ato Saizo elected a successor who's now the current Mr. Outside. However just a temporary one, since the real successor will probably be the winner of the seleçao's contest.

Old 2009-06-13, 16:24   Link #249
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Quote:
but Mononobe is planning to become the new Mr. Outside and gain complete control over Juiz so at that point the seleçao phones would become useless to him.
Why would they be useless? Mononobe said:

"This game is pure bakabakashi, but the Noblesse phone system itself is very well done. At any rate Ato Saizo's political power is all inclusive...I'm going to take her too."

So he wants to take over the whole system with all the political power built in and implemented via Juiz and the Noblesse phone system. It wouldn't be a game anymore, just pawns taking Mononobe's orders over the phone and Juiz making things happen.
Quote:
Now I just wonder why Mononobe doesn't try to stop her and question her.
She got out and slammed the door while they were still stunned. She may even have them locked in now, but it might put a crimp in the story if they're not on the loose.
Quote:
Or an even more probable possibility: Ato Saizo elected a successor who's now the current Mr. Outside. However just a temporary one, since the real successor will probably be the winner of the seleçao's contest.
I think XII is clearly in charge at this point. Although I speculated that the pink haired woman was XII, I've changed my mind because when the Supporter came for Dr. Hiura, we saw a man in a light suit and red? tie with a profile not unlike Mononobe.

So I'm guessing the pink haired woman is just the human part of Juiz and that she's just implementing XII's orders.

This show sure does keep one guessing! Extremely well constructed, quite unusual for a Japanese show with all their production crunches. We're really getting our money's worth.
Old 2009-06-13, 18:06   Link #250
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Why would they be useless? Mononobe said:

"This game is pure bakabakashi, but the Noblesse phone system itself is very well done. At any rate Ato Saizo's political power is all inclusive...I'm going to take her too."
Because if Mononobe gains control over Juiz he can use her without phones. I'm sure that's what Mononobe is aiming to, and also what Tsuji is hoping for. Since obviously he doesn't want to use his phone, he just wants for someone to take over so he can be freed, he certainly doesn't look the kind of person that wants to become someone's pawn.

To me it's quite clear that Mononobe wants to gain control over juiz, and get all the remaining billion yens for himself. Since it is juiz that actually possess the real money, controlling Juiz will also gain control over the money. That of course would automatically change the seleçao phones in regular phones, and the seleçaos would be freed from the game.

Old 2009-06-13, 21:25   Link #251
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
There is also a sketch of him and of #10 in this article: http://journal.mycom.co.jp/news/2009...072/index.html
Spoiler for #2:
aww crap can't believe I took the horrible number. This guy looks like a total NEET.
Old 2009-06-13, 21:41   Link #252
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

nah NEETs do not wear such fancy clothes... plus I don't think X would be happy to work with a NEET... then again I don't think the two like each other...

I think he's probably the son of some rich man, hence the reason he's not bothered by 10 billion of yen. He seems to be more concerned about his life, and he doesn't seem to care about anything else... why the hell Ato Saizo chose him?

Old 2009-06-13, 22:19   Link #253
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
nah NEETs do not wear such fancy clothes... plus I don't think X would be happy to work with a NEET... then again I don't think the two like each other...

I think he's probably the son of some rich man, hence the reason he's not bothered by 10 billion of yen. He seems to be more concerned about his life, and he doesn't seem to care about anything else... why the hell Ato Saizo chose him?

He each person of a different background. This way they all think differently therefore a better chance of someone saving the world. If they were all Xs than they would all be trying to use eachother and take over. If they were all like II nothing would happen. IV they would all be womanizing, boozing gamblers etc. etc.
Old 2009-06-14, 00:27   Link #254
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
aww crap can't believe I took the horrible number. This guy looks like a total NEET.
Cheer up! You could tell everybody it's really an 11. Better?
Old 2009-06-14, 05:10   Link #255
Kagekyuubi

I've been thinking about who's the supporter and before episode 10 I figured that it had to be no. I or IX. Now I should add no. II and XII. Here's how my logic works:

No. I - Either the supporter or acts as the supporter. Man in first episode talking to Juiz had no. I written on his phone knows that Akira erased his memories. If Akira was the supporter before he lost his memories then whoever this guy is acting as the supporter to make sure that no one else knew that Akira was the supporter. In episode 10, he seems to be surprised that no. XII was the supporter or Mr. Outside. He wouldn't have said it was Mr. Outside unless he thought he knew who the supporter was.

No. II - Supposedly Tsuuji but we haven't seen his number in the anime yet. The fact that he survived without spending any money makes him looks suspicious since the supporter should have killed him by now.

No. IX - May have been the supporter before he lost his memories. If he was the supporter then whoever is acting as the supporter now has to know about Akira erasing his memories. The fact that he prepared several aliases doesn't really seem like something a normal person would do either.

No. XII - He moved Juiz at the last moment and just started spending his money. Supporter hasn't touched him either so there's a reason for that. Most likely overseeing the game as the Supporter or Mr Outside.

Based on the reenactment of how no. V got his phone and the unknown status of Ato Saizo, it's quite possible that Ato Saizo is still alive. He also knew who the guy who killed him but didn't think that he was the supporter up till then.

My theory is that Mononobe thought that Akira was the supporter and Mononobe convinced him to erase his memories. Because of this, Mononobe has to carry out the duties so that the others still think the supporter is in play, possibly to fool Mr. Outside so that he could work on taking over the Selecao system. Mononobe kept tabs on all the Selecao except no. IV and XII based on the OP and that he said he confirmed the identities of 9 other selecao so it's quite likely that he and Hiura met which is the reason why Hiura recognized who came to kill him. Tsuuji was kept safe because Mononobe was acting as the supporter. By personally killing Hiura it would let him avoid being suspected of killing Hiura through the phone. So long as Tsuuji was alive, Mononobe would be convinced that Akira was supporter which is why he thought Selecao XII might be Mr. Outside. Mononobe seems to be type of person who would set up all his pieces before making a big move so it's not that unlikely for him to have done all this. He wasn't keeping tabs on selecao IV so that means he wasn't involved in his death. He probably knew that Akira was involved with the guy at the time of his death so he probably thought that Akira acted as the supporter again which is why he was sure that AKira got his memories back. When Mononobe found out that he didn't, he looked relieved and mentioned that he overestimated Akira. This shows that he considered Akira as a threat giving more evidence that he thought that Akira was the supporter. Because of Mononobe's lack of knowledge on how selecao IV was killed and the fact that someone had to have done it means that Akira wasn't the Supporter in the first place and was made a decoy by the real one.

We now have two candidates on who's the supporter: Selecao II and Selecao XII. The OP shows that selecao II is linked to Akira somehow. We still haven't seen Tsuuji's no. but the fact that Mononobe has him on the team means that he has someway of proving that he didn't use any of his selecao money at all. Judging by Mononobe's reaction, that would make him no. II by elimination. Him not dying by the supporter also increases the likeliness of him being the supporter. Add the fact that Mononobe couldn't possibly have found him through the phone records based on his lack of expenditures means that he came to Mononobe and not the other way around. The fact that selecao X is the next to die based on the OP means that someone killed him. This is much easier to do if you were nearby to do it. All in all, Tsuuji's the most likely candidate for the supporter and selecao XII is probably Mr. Outside.

Forgive the messy logic here but I was working my way through as I typed it down.
Old 2009-06-14, 06:44   Link #256
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
XII should be the outsider, judging from all the football (NOT soccer) innuendo thats been prevalent in this series so far.
Old 2009-06-14, 06:52   Link #257
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well your idea that #9 was the supporter, and because #1 convinced him to erase his memories so he could act like the supporter makes sense actually. At least, I can't disprove it now.
Quote:
We still haven't seen Tsuuji's no.
Well it's true we haven't seen his number in the anime (no wonder, according to him he doesn't even use his phone), but if you can accept information from the official website, you can see they identify him as Number 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by official website
辻 仁太郎(CV:遊佐浩二)

辻 仁太郎(つじ・じんたろう)
セレソンNo-02

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-06-14 at 06:59. Reason: correction
Old 2009-06-14, 07:58   Link #258
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I just want to ask. Don't No 1 and 10 seem to have a similar aspect to society as the Eden of the East group? They wanted to change it so that NEETS wouldn't have such a harder time. So why would they want to kill them?

Me thinks that Akira was part of the gang and contributed by sending all those NEETS to Dubai so they would come back later when Japan was a devastating mess to they could help rebuild and thus get better chances. That NEET that Akira met before seemed to be a closer friend that understood what was going on and why Akira erased his memories.
Old 2009-06-14, 08:11   Link #259
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Uh... actually I got a completely different story. Number I and X despise the current system as much as they despise the slackers and the elders.

Rather than protect them it looks like they want to destroy the system that allow elders to dictate their laws, even so they are nothing more than a burden to society, and that both creates NEETs, by unfair job conditions, and allow NEETs to exist, by an unfair money redistribution that allow non working people to still have a money income through various sources.

Number X seems pretty much dissatisfied by the fact that hard work is not rewarded.

Old 2009-06-14, 08:21   Link #260
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh I see. That would make sense.
Closed Thread