AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-08-12, 16:32   Link #1
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Vampires Suck [Aug 18th, 2010]

Don't know if this has been posted (did a search, didn't see anything)....

At last, a vampire movie I WILL watch!

Official Site with trailer

HQ Youtube trailer
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 16:35   Link #2
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

I thought someone already posted this up somewhere,
But this is going to be one awesome movie, even if it's megafail, I am still going to see it.

This is going to be hilarious!
Old 2010-08-12, 17:40   Link #3
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Most of these spoof movies are pretty crappy and remotely funny.

But this one is attacking Twilight, they're doing God's work.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 17:48   Link #4
-Kh-
ポルカ

This movie is the best thing ever to come out of Twilight. And it was taking too long until someone in Hollywood finally came out making fun of all those emo vampires.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 18:06   Link #5
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well this movie is generally assaulting Twilight.

I don't hate the other type of vampires (Vampire Knight, Trinity Blood, etc, etc) but Twilight just made Vampires way to silly... (Sparkly vampires ftl?) Defiantly going to watch this movie even if its a spoof.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 19:44   Link #6
Gin
*Artist

As much as I hate Twilight, I still do not approve of this movie. Scary Movie, Date Movie, Super Hero Movie, Epic Movie, and any other 'Movie' movie all suck big time. They are just as terrible as Twilight, but they appeal to 13 year old boys instead of 13 year old girls.
Old 2010-08-12, 20:27   Link #7
Ballad
robots & skateboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
As much as I hate Twilight, I still do not approve of this movie. Scary Movie, Date Movie, Super Hero Movie, Epic Movie, and any other 'Movie' movie all suck big time. They are just as terrible as Twilight, but they appeal to 13 year old boys instead of 13 year old girls.
I agree with this 100%. It's not going to be funny and it's pointless to even go see this unless you don't like Twilight, which is really the only reason people will see it. A movie bashing Twilight is almost as stupid as Twilight itself.
Old 2010-08-12, 20:32   Link #8
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballad View Post
I agree with this 100%. It's not going to be funny and it's pointless to even go see this unless you don't like Twilight, which is really the only reason people will see it. A movie bashing Twilight is almost as stupid as Twilight itself.
Well I don't like Twilight, but after moments thinking, this movie is probably just a waste of money to me, I'm not partially gonna waste more then $9 to see this movie.
Old 2010-08-12, 20:52   Link #9
Gin
*Artist

I see movies for free and I'm still not going to see it.
Old 2010-08-12, 20:54   Link #10
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yea I posted it, but for some reason it was deleted and i was never told why.
Old 2010-08-12, 20:57   Link #11
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I see movies for free and I'm still not going to see it.
I can see why, Spoof-Type Movies/Shows are just complete let-downs, but this just involves Twilight for me, since I only hate Twilight for featuring the "Sparkly Vampires" thats generally the only reason I hate Twilight, never much cared for the other things,

@ Kyero Fox: Maybe someone dislikes you to the extent that they would for some reason "Report" your thread as "Not-Needed" but that is a 0% chance...
Old 2010-08-12, 21:01   Link #12
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I can see why, Spoof-Type Movies/Shows are just complete let-downs, but this just involves Twilight for me, since I only hate Twilight for featuring the "Sparkly Vampires" thats generally the only reason I hate Twilight, never much cared for the other things,
But whats the use making fun of Twilight if no Twilight fans hear it? This movie would only be worth it if Twilight fans were forced to watch it.
Old 2010-08-12, 21:03   Link #13
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
But whats the use making fun of Twilight if no Twilight fans hear it? This movie would only be worth it if Twilight fans were forced to watch it.
I would imagine the catastrophe in movie theaters if Twilight Fans go and watch it just to annoy the viewers from the movie screen : /
Old 2010-08-12, 21:05   Link #14
Ballad
robots & skateboards

Quote:
I would imagine the catastrophe in movie theaters if Twilight Fans go and watch it just to annoy the viewers from the movie screen : /
Oh my.
An epic battle consisting of "your mom" jokes and slaps to determine which side is worse.
Old 2010-08-12, 21:07   Link #15
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballad View Post
Oh my.
An epic battle consisting of "your mom" jokes and slaps to determine which side is worse.
Just thinking about it makes me want to get popcorn and enjoy all the "Your mom" jokes and slander more then actually watching the movie.
Old 2010-08-12, 21:07   Link #16
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Scary Movie began a truly scary trend of shitty movies, this looks to be the latest.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 21:28   Link #17
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Scary Movie began a truly scary trend of shitty movies, this looks to be the latest.
I never find out the reason why they name it "Scary Movie" if all it is, is crappy attempts to be hilarious while attempting to add "horror" in it.
Old 2010-08-12, 21:30   Link #18
Ballad
robots & skateboards

Quote:
I never find out the reason why they name it "Scary Movie" if all it is, is crappy attempts to be hilarious while attempting to add "horror" in it.
It's spoofing horror movies. That's the point, it's not scary.
I assume it's the same with Date Movie. Like how it's horrible dating advice/relationships so they call it Date Movie. Also Scream (which is a great film) was originally supposed to be called Scary Movie so maybe that's why. :P
Old 2010-08-12, 22:00   Link #19
james0246

Quote:
Blasphemy...at least for the first in-bold film. The first Scary Movie was not only funny, but also well constructed in its use of parody as the driving point of the story.

Besides, the first Parody films of this variety have been around for ages: the classic Airplane! (a spoof of Airport and other disaster features), all the classic Mel Brooks parody films (Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs, High Anxiety, etc), the more recent Hot Shots and Naked Gun (which is a pseudo remake of the series), This Is Spinal Tap!, etc. All are films that parody a specific genre of film, just like Scary Movie and the subsequent features...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 22:11   Link #20
Gin
*Artist

Meh, the first Scary Movie was ok, but all the following movies were terrible. I liked Blazing Saddles and Young Frakenstein, but the rest of your list can also be added to the list of terrible atrocities being called movies that I started in the post of mine which you happen to have quoted. I don't like parody movies.