AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-20, 05:34   Link #1801
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well I think we also got an explanation why the children can pilot IFOs. They might have Plant Corals inside of them, just like Naru.
They mentioned something around that concept (though not implanted Scub) in ep 11 with Elena. Definitely hints of the Anemone project there.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 06:06   Link #1802
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah I'm not sure how mutations in the brain can be linked to the grow of Plant Corals inside you so the jury is still up on the Plant Coral theory. Maybe both occur and maybe Blanc only mentioned the mutations because that would explain Elena's odd behaviour and he needn't mention the Plant Corals.

Anyway, I'm not sure how to take the whole "Secrets are actually fighting for mankind". They're probably from the future as well but if they're fighting for Mankind then why have we seen Secrets that specifically target humans like the one in Arizona? So many questions...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 07:08   Link #1803
ReddyRedWolf

I just heard an interesting theory on the Quartz. The Secrets are not targeting the Scub Corals themselves. They are targeting the Quartz.

Just what are the Quartz? Proto-Coralians that would become humanoid Coralians. Hence Naru seeing a baby Eureka.

This explains why that Secret at Arizona was targeting humanoid forms. It's target is humanoid Coralians. And why that humanoid type Secret appeared here.

Since Archetypes are prototypes to Sakuya and Eureka to communicate they are vaguely humanoid.

Secrets are not out to destroy Scub just their humanoid avatars.

Question is why?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 07:12   Link #1804
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Just what are the Quartz? Proto-Coralians that would become humanoid Coralians.
Why? That's a reaching if I ever saw one.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 07:18   Link #1805
ookamigirl

Naru seems to be dealing with a whole other dimension of things than Ao.
I still don't quite get how & why she has a special connection to Scub corals.
The fight with Truth was pretty awesome.
Nirvash fighting on its own was an interesting sight.
Things are going in an interesting direction.
Looks like Ao is the enemy now... humans sure are twisted beings.
Nothing is as it seems.
This sure was an interesting and intense episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 07:20   Link #1806
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Why? That's a reaching if I ever saw one.
The Japanese Colonel reading Johanson's book Truth exclaimed the Secrets are not here for the Scub Coral. Naru saw a baby inside the Scub.

Of course he is lying to the world about the Secrets out to get Scub when it is humanoid Coralians they are after. Which is why he wants Naru who is an augmented human like Anemone and Ao who is a hybrid Coralian. They're bait.

He wants his weapons, the Secrets, and wage war on the rest of the world.

A little man with dreams of imperialism who is too stupid to realize he can't control Secrets.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 07:38   Link #1807
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

"My baby's a girl"

Now that I did not see coming. Like most people, I assume Ao's older sister is Elena. Speaking of Elena, I laughed so hard when she hit Truth instead of Eureka. Ao thanking her for it was the icing on the cake

Naru's development is interesting. I remember somebody had speculated that she would end up piloting the TypeTheEND, he was pretty close. I'm looking forward to what she will do in future episodes.
Old 2012-07-20, 07:42   Link #1808
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
It is certainly interesting. I know Ao's wasn't all to bright with some things, and i do agree a bit with Naru. Some people just want to prove themselves and not be rescued all. *edit* Although I can't blame him since Naru was a sickly girl. However, it's still might not in Naru's favor for what she is doing as what she believe is right? Who knows?

And there's still plenty of stuff to slowly cover as the episodes go on. Just because things are now starting to go in Truth and Naru's favor doesn't mean it's always gonna be like that. And they'll be expecting a few smacks in the face in a later point in time.

Until then, Ao has to steel himself and just keep pushing forward.

*edit* Naru's devolping is showing now, who knows what she'll do.

Last edited by leon4281isback; 2012-07-20 at 08:00. Reason: Just adding more words.
leon4281isback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 08:06   Link #1809
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

after re-watching episode 14 again i think you people are right it seems that Eureka has 2 childs and AO has a older sister and i think that older sister is Elena, since we saw Elena with Eureka together happily on some episode and that Elena on this episode shouted "are you leaving again?" like a cry of a child to her mother leaving

and also i remember a past episode that Elena and AO has some decent immunity with the trapar insanity infection and they are likely have thesame body chemisty/biology too and that enforces the hint that they are siblings of Eureka and Renton
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 08:12   Link #1810
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So Naru is to Anemone, as Ao is to Eureka? I like it, as I'm rather fond of "lovers in romance, rivals in the battlefield" trope, and Bones did it well twice before.

Although, I'm trying to figure out how is it possible that Naru is the elder sister, considering she and Ao are the same age. Meaning that if they're siblings, then Eureka must have had twins. And I just can't see Naru's father hating on Ao and not on Naru.

Elena is equally dubious. Sure she knows and recognizes Eureka, and that her true origins are unknown except she was found after a scub burst, but she doesn't look like Eureka or Renton at all.

Still interesting though is how Eureka fits into this. She's a coralian, but she said for Naru to help Ao destroy the Scub Coral? Or did I misunderstand that?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 08:24   Link #1811
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
Ao still doesn't know about the events that unfold around him now, he has to mature and find out so he can act on what to do next. There's still too much to figure out. in that fight, Ao seems the most normal out of naru, elena, and truth, Talking all around him and he has no idea what's going on. Like I said, I can't blame him what he was trying to do for Naru, giving the fact that Naru was sick and was immediately captured by Truth, who then she comes back with him changed. After this episode, Ao needs to focus on the issues at hand, there will always be another opportunity to confront Truth and Naru again.
Old 2012-07-20, 10:05   Link #1812
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow this is really getting confusing. So Elena might be Ao's older sister. Naru has lost it to a degree. Renton in the OP looks awesome!
Old 2012-07-20, 10:38   Link #1813
pirateking

Another great episode with great action and plot twist. Finally Naru is given more screen time since most of the attention is on Eureka and Truth recently. Truth's expression when he gets into serious fighting looks like Accelerator from the anime Toaru Majutsu no Index.

As for Eureka being pregnant with a girl, I was right with my theory (in page 78) that the baby is either Ao's sibling or Ao's alternate self who is a female. If Renton's first child is a female and 2nd one is a male, it exactly mirrors his own original family (Diane and himself), how Ironic.

For Eureka to be pregnant with a girl, could also be BONES's reference to the voice actress, Nazuka Kaori, who play Eureka, since in real life she gave birth to a baby girl just last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xezexal View Post
Spoiler for my theory:
Thats what I thought too, meaning Eureka could be pregnant with a female version of Ao. It does not mean Ao is having a sibling. The series is still giving the "Parallel Universe" a possibility now besides time traveling.

If we are to take it at face value that Eureka indeed gave birth to a girl, I would rather that girl to be someone we have not met yet as Eureka might have birth her in the future world, leaving her at the care of Renton, then gets thrown to the past while pregnant with Ao and stays in the past with Ao for 3 years before disappearing.

However does this mean in future Renton and Eureka had overcame the high trapar wave issue to their baby? Otherwise they wouldn't risk conceiving another child whom is Ao...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Time Travel tends to create new timelines as well. You can't alter a Timeline no matter what you do but the actions you do tak can cause a new Timeline to come in existence. Also, Movie characters saw the E7 verse.
Terminator 3 and 4 are the results of what happened in the first 2 films which resulted in changes that leds to new possibilities, though some things might still remain intact. Eureka and Renton will have their own flesh and blood child, and anyone could have been their child, not just Ao.

Last edited by pirateking; 2012-07-20 at 11:03.
pirateking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 10:54   Link #1814
wisteria233

The reveal that Eureka is pregnant with a baby girl reminded me of this picture.

Spoiler for cut for size:

Well I find it interesting how things are going, so far the selfishness, apathy, and general sociopath behavior, from the characters in the know, are keeping Ao from the truth which may also be working against them, since they also want Ao to join them.

In general though the world building in Ao reminds me of E7 proper, as the first half of the show being about establishing the characters, and the world they live in. Now that we are getting closer to the truth (no pun intended) they are now finding out the role of the main character in all of this. Some how I have a feeling that this series will end up being 50 episodes, and the second half will be separated by a break
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 11:31   Link #1815
Dark Wing

wow just wow this show really knows how to keep you guess doesn't it...I don't know if I can come up with anymore theories because at this point that might just be proven wrong again...

One thing I did find out for sure is why this series is named Eureka...at 2:10 after the shuttle wreckage falls into the sea you can see a piece of it has Eureka painted on the side.
Old 2012-07-20, 11:40   Link #1816
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

I don't see why can't Eureka have both a girl and a boy.
We don't know for sure how much time passes between her two visits to Ao's time-space.
Quote:
Naru saw a baby inside the Scub.
Uh yeah, that was Eureka. She just saw an abridged version of Scub Coral's history on Earth.
Or ... did she?
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 11:53   Link #1817
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
One thing I did find out for sure is why this series is named Eureka...at 2:10 after the shuttle wreckage falls into the sea you can see a piece of it has Eureka painted on the side.
That shows up in the previous series, too, when Renton's sister gives a history lesson on the Scub.
Old 2012-07-20, 12:06   Link #1818
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
That shows up in the previous series, too, when Renton's sister gives a history lesson on the Scub.
wow all these years and I completely missed it...
Old 2012-07-20, 12:39   Link #1819
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Naru's Naked Newtype time this episode. Looks like as I expected they're already getting into her whole deal literally right off the bat with the second half after her being absent for most of the first. Honestly this episode really made me feel like I was watching a Gundam episode. The layered viewpoints, the trippy sequences, the inability to understand the opposing sides circumstances, the male leads totally chauvinistic approach towards his female counterpart that only serves to drive her further into the hands of the rival antagonist, the military hierarchy being shortsighted douchebags, all very Gundam in approach and theme.

That said not sure how well that bodes for Naru's survival in all of this since the mortality rate of romantic interests that take the opposing side to the male protagonist in spirit is pretty damn high in mecha shows period let alone Gundam or Eureka Seven. She looks so screwed right now it's not even funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
[Vader]You have a sister[/Vader]

You know last week I made a joke that Naru and Eureka are newtypes, this week we have Naru floating in space like she's Lalah. I wonder if her fate ends up similar as Lalah?
Speaking of Gundam first part of the opening was very Gundamish. The opening song was great (FLOW FTW) and Renton looks like a hot blooded pilot.
Okay so I'm not the only one that thought that. It's the character lineup thing mostly, a Sunrise/Bones trademark you almost expect to see in all their openings. My one buddy always gets a kick out of how reliable it is.

Anyway I do have to agree with Reckoner a few pages back, much as I've been getting into this show again over the last month, the two preceeding months were pretty forgettable to me sadly and didn't really have all that greate characterization or much of a forward kick in plot movement. They weren't bad, just unremarkable. Honestly it only feels like they've really started to work hard at characterization in the past month or so while that first half was more world building than anything and pretty confusingly done at that. The fact that that whole world has been proven to be a fallacy and that the reality of it all is actually far more interesting just makes me wonder at why they spent so damn long on the monster of the week secret fighting stuff. It could have probably been cut down by like a month or so, but then maybe they figured they wouldn't have their perfect half and half split. As it stands the only really interesting parts of the first half for me were the time on the island in the first 3 episodes, and the Naru/Truth subplot. Other than that I honestly could not really care less about the like of Team Goldilocks or Elena or even much of the current cast.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-07-20 at 13:05.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 13:00   Link #1820
Justin_Brett

If Naru is Ao's sister and not Elena, that's gonna be confusing, since they're doing all this foreshadowing with the latter's connection with Eureka and haven't really done any for the former. Plus we've seen her parents.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen