AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2010-10-30, 15:30   Link #1221
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Actually, this reminds me...I wonder how long it'll be til we see how good/bad the 3rd Westernised cover?

The second was an improvement on the first, and given they imitate the original drawn cover in a faux-realistic style, it'll be interested to see how they simulate this cover given that she's facing right towards the viewer with the top half of her body.
Could either be rather good...or really rather bad.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 08:21   Link #1222
Kamonichan

The second Westernized cover was pretty similar to the original manga-style, but the first one wasn't even close. If they do imitate the original, they'll probably crop it so you can't see her face, probably just her mouth and chin, with plenty of shadows thrown in too.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 11:16   Link #1223
Mr. Anime

i read the first 2 novels in english now (first time i bought something anime-related^^, but they HAVE TO translate all the novels at least). And i think the anime adaption was incredibly good. All the important things mentioned in the novel happened in the anime as well.
Mr. Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 12:37   Link #1224
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Yep it was very well done, the anime feels like a very authentic recreation or condensing of the novels unlike some others. If the sales continue we should see the series translated as Yen Press have gone on record as being pleased with sales figures for at least the first novel.
Old 2010-11-23, 02:13   Link #1225
Kamonichan

The third novel comes out in December, and then the fourth volume--which apparently the second season anime skipped for some reason--in June. I have to say, I couldn't be happier with how Yen Press has translated these novels.
Old 2010-11-23, 17:50   Link #1226
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Yep, just a shame nowhere seems to be able to make thier mind up on the date of the third book (I've seen at least 2 release dates). I want it before christmas! haha
Old 2010-11-25, 00:09   Link #1227
ShiroEV

could someone tells me about where is connection between the end of season 2 and light novel ,what's volume which is the sequent story ?

Thank , it means V.6 is after SS2.. right?
|||
VV

Last edited by ShiroEV; 2010-11-25 at 05:33.
ShiroEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 03:20   Link #1228
Kamonichan

To my understanding, Season One covers vol. 1 (ep. 1-6) and vol. 2 (ep. 8-13). Season Two covers vol. 3 (ep. 1-6) and vol. 5 (7-12).
Old 2010-11-25, 06:57   Link #1229
woxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroEV View Post

Thank , it means V.6 is after SS2.. right?
Yes, and I dunno why volume 4 was skipped. Its's very good too.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 11:03   Link #1230
poleno

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
Yes, and I dunno why volume 4 was skipped. Its's very good too.
For me, each following volume better than the last. Perhaps because of there are deeper relationship between them (and deeper character) on the good background of scenes of events.
But I read only 1-4 volumes.
poleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 06:12   Link #1231
Kamonichan

I was surprised after reading vol. 2, because Isuna Hasekura (author) said that he actually forgot Holo's and Lawrence's personalities while writing the book.

Made me laugh a little at it, to be honest.
Old 2010-11-28, 20:01   Link #1232
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Anyone have any idea what the chances of a "complete" hardback novel being released once all the volumes have been translated and cleaned up of the few errors in them? It'd be pretty thick, but I'd buy it.
Old 2010-11-28, 22:16   Link #1233
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Anyone have any idea what the chances of a "complete" hardback novel being released once all the volumes have been translated and cleaned up of the few errors in them? It'd be pretty thick, but I'd buy it.
A hardback rereleased omnibus in English? Realistically speaking, I'd say the chances are slim to none.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 19:12   Link #1234
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
I was surprised after reading vol. 2, because Isuna Hasekura (author) said that he actually forgot Holo's and Lawrence's personalities while writing the book.

Made me laugh a little at it, to be honest.
Very human though. Originally he wrote the first book for a competition and never expected it to be anything more than a one-shot but readers fell in love with holo and lawrence.
Old 2010-12-02, 03:17   Link #1235
Kamonichan

I figured as much, but it still tickles me. I honestly didn't notice much of a difference between vol. 1 Holo and vol. 2 Holo, so he did a good job remember.
Old 2010-12-03, 07:25   Link #1236
FFavatar

Hey all, I joined up to this site because I finally got around to reading the light novels after finishing the animes a while ago. After falling in love with the soundtrack from S&W I kept a note to eventually come and read the light novels and I haven't been disappointed so far!

However, I am a bit worried about the availability of even the raw novels being seen online let alone the translations. Does anyone know any knowledge of fan groups still translating the novels or at least sharing the raw novels so I can use my limited japanese and piece through it myself? Waiting years for yen press to catch up seems pointless when I could just complete learning japanese myself and read the raws.

If anyone does happen to have trans / raw versions of volume 6-15 (since I heard its up to 15 now) please let me know either in this forum or send me a pm or something.

I think that if the yen press license prevents a full translation, at least a summary of what happens in each volume would be nice...though it'd lose alot of the charm. Would anyone be willing to let me know a basic what happens in the next volumes because I'm kinda banging my head against the wall trying to search for the volumes and only seeing outdated forum threads spanning since 2008 lol.

Once again, nice to meet you all.

I have a list of 120+ animes/seasons that I have watched so if anyone needs recommendation feel free to drop me a message =).
FFavatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 07:41   Link #1237
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Well, welcome first of all.

Second, we really can't dispense raw or scanlated materials that have been licensed. And, since Yen does hold the license...

I know you aren't trying to break rules, so I just wanted to give you a heads up.

I also know it has to be hard to wait. I would recommend buy the LNs direct from Japan if you can't wait for the English releases and have modest reading skill in Japanese.

Again welcome! And, I hope I didn't come off as an ogre.

As for summaries, there are little summaries sprinkled throughout this part of the forum in this and other S&W threads!
Old 2010-12-03, 07:58   Link #1238
FFavatar

Haha nah you just told it like it was. I was just kinda bummed out that yen is never going to get around to finishing the novels. I was hoping to be able to keep on reading some more volumes but was stopped dead after volume 4 since nothing seems available online past that.

Of course I have plenty of other anime/manga series that I am watching/reading so I don't mind waiting for yen too much but I'd still like to find raws out there and piece them together. Perhaps I'll pay a visit to some japan stores like you mentioned since supporting the industry is the only way a s3 of the anime will come out for S&W. Unfortunately it seems like they have forgotten about the series despite the loyal fan base. As money making as one piece/ naruto / bleach are...if only they'd give S&W as much air time I'm sure it'd be right up there as well =).

On that note, anyone hear anything further about any plans for additional seasons?

I feel like making some friends on this site since I'm new. If you have any recommendations for anime, manga, light novels feel free to post as well.

Later
Old 2010-12-03, 10:49   Link #1239
Kamonichan

I'll join in welcoming you too, though I joined the site not too long ago myself (and for the same reasons as you, too ). I'd buy straight-from-Japan myself, but I've already proven more often than I care to admit that I don't have the discipline to learn a new language.

However, as for the "Yen Press doesn't plan to finish releasing S&W," I'm just going to explain the situation as I know it. Yen Press does plan to translate all the novels, but they haven't released any information past vol. 4 because that's as far as they have their entire schedule planned. If you go to their new releases page then you'll see that they don't have anything planned for after June 2011 (though oddly enough, the typo says "June 2010, ). They'll publish their future release schedule some time closer to that date, and that new schedule will have all their titles, Spice and Wolf and all the other series I read from them included. By June, they'll have a better idea of which titles they want to commit to, and they might even allocate more resources to titles that have proven more successful/popular. So S&W might get more than 2 volumes a year. *prays*

You may have already known that, but I just wanted to explain in case anyone was confused.
Old 2010-12-03, 18:12   Link #1240
FFavatar

Heya, thanks for the welcome. Its good to see that this thread and peoples love of S&W is still on going =). Yea i didn't strictly mean that yen would never publish them all, I was more commenting on the slowness would feel like forever since I have no clue what I will even be doing in the years to come before they caught up to japanese readers. I was just kind of hoping for a way to actually read the light novels and be up to date since I'm dieing to know if lawrence does eventually take the plunge and hooks up with horo as volume 3/4 clearly show that there is interest. I keep thinking back to horo asking if lawrence would get her with child so that she wouldn't be alone anymore...I can't help but hope that this was a wonderful foreboding to how they will eventually set up a family and rebuild yoitsu and horo's family that she so desperately longs for. Thats just me but I do truely hope that S&W doesn't go the route of Love Hina or some other rediculous anime/manga in which is takes the entire season / novel series for them just to eventually kiss...I really do hope that they become more strongly attached that.

If anyone can point me to what pages of this thread or other threads have some info/summaries on the upcoming chapters please post them here. I am gonna be very busy until tomorrow so I don't really have time to look page by page just yet myself. =)

Also feel free to add you own opinions/hopes for how the series will go.

Tags
light novels, seinen, shounen