AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2004-04-21, 05:00   Link #41
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

I would very much recommend the game. I personally haven't finish the game yet, but I have heard that the game's last ending will spell out everything for you, and you will understand the entire plot.

I understand the majority of the plot of Kanon now since I have read KJ1980's post in Kimi ga Nozomi Eien forum, so check it out there if you desire (be aware of spoiler though)
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 07:10   Link #42
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
There is no "last ending" in Kanon. You find out everything there is to know about the character you get a "true ending" with, so in other words, you need to finish the game 5 times (6 for the DC and PS2 versions which includes Sayuri's story) to find out "everything". Of course, they got extra stories in the various Drama CDs they released afterwards too.

Regarding the "last ending", you might have mistaken it with AIR, which, well, has something like a "last ending".
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 10:11   Link #43
haniff_8883

kanon

hi , can anyone tell me what is the meaning of kanon in english?
haniff_8883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 10:56   Link #44
dojoo
Japanese Translator???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth
There is no "last ending" in Kanon. You find out everything there is to know about the character you get a "true ending" with, so in other words, you need to finish the game 5 times (6 for the DC and PS2 versions which includes Sayuri's story) to find out "everything". Of course, they got extra stories in the various Drama CDs they released afterwards too.

Regarding the "last ending", you might have mistaken it with AIR, which, well, has something like a "last ending".
Yeah...
But I reckon kanon has a perfect order to finish the game in in order to know what things mean in the next story
I say would be (DC version)
ayu->nayuki->makoto and mai->sayuri and shiori at any time

But really there is no final ending in kanon

Dojoo
dojoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 14:27   Link #45
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Drama CD's

for the drama CD's are the continuing stories?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 07:46   Link #46
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

having read all your posts, i'm even more fascinated with Kanon! I love the anime... and would love to play the game after reading all these sentimental stuff...if only it wasn't an H game...i'm really not a big fan of those and thank you rayearth for the extension on nayuki's story, i felt really sorry for her (well theres a bit of a biased there coz she's my fav character) and really wanted her to have happiness!!! It'd be so interesting to watch the stories of each character in the game

before i finish off, one question, who is everyone's fav kanon character???

Go naiyuki!!!!
yukari_kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 08:06   Link #47
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari_kiss
and would love to play the game after reading all these sentimental stuff...if only it wasn't an H game...i'm really not a big fan of those

before i finish off, one question, who is everyone's fav kanon character???

Go naiyuki!!!!
There is a non-H version. Both are being fan translated.

Tough to pick a favorite because I ended up with such an attachment to all of the characters. Even the somewhat minor ones.

I guess I'll have to say Mai. I like the strong silent type, I guess. Had her as my sig for a while when I first started posting here.

Does anyone else have flashbacks about this show? I just got caught up remembering Mai's story, and while her's isn't very tragic, it still had powerful emotion and an epiphony of "OMG, that's what she was doing" which is making me a little misty. I am scarred for life.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 08:24   Link #48
rayearth

And for those who don't want to play through the game (or don't have the game/don't have a console/don't have Japanese enabled OS/etc) BUT know some Japanese, you can always get this set of audio drama CDs (although getting 2 or more is already more expensive than buying the game itself):

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=MACB-6001
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=MACB-6002
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=MACB-6003
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=MACB-6004
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=MACB-6005

These CDs retell each of the girls' story. It's not as detailed as the game, but it tells you all you need to know in 60 minutes.
Old 2004-05-03, 13:24   Link #49
Itlandm
Porcupine

I must admit that my sympathy was mostly with Nayuki. When you have someone you like, and it is such a mix of familiarity, friendship and love, it is hard to put the right name on it. It is hard to be sure what you feel, and hard to make it known. Yes, I can understand her better than I can the rest of them.

But there are reasons why most people don't marry their close cousins, so I guess it was all for the best.

Another point, I know I wondered when I watched the first episode, is the name Nayuki made with the word "yuki" (snow) or is it a coincidence, just like there is no "tea" in "teacher" in English? (I don't understand Japanese writing, obviously.) There was a lot of focus on snow in that episode where she was introduced, so I thought perhaps there was a connection.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 13:30   Link #50
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Nayuki means something like 'Seven Snow' in Japanese.

Coincidently, that's how many years that Yuuichi hasn't returned to the town.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 19:05   Link #51
EIFY

The kanji for Nayuki means "name" (Na) and "snow" (YuKi)
I think that's one of the reasons why Nayuki is called "The girl of snow".

In Japanese seven is either "NaNa" or "ShiChi".
EIFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 21:56   Link #52
rayearth

It's not just her name that has to do with snow, her whole story has to do with it. One of the lines in her flashbacks (only in the game) she says "I'll wait for the time for you to come back when the snow returns" - Yuuichi goes to her place for winter holidays every year before those 7 years. And because of that, Nayuki has grown to like snow (although Yuuichi can't think of anything but "cold"), and the city she lives in (only to be known as the "city of snow").

Also, you know how they always come up with some fancy way to describe characters in a poemish way, one of Nayuki's "phrase" is:

She continues to hold those pale memories that were broken along with the snow rabbit in her heart...Minase Nayuki
Old 2004-05-04, 01:33   Link #53
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

sniff....sniff.....

kanon has such a sad storyline, well storylines

shiori's past..other then her sickness, anything else?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 04:01   Link #54
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth
It's not just her name that has to do with snow, her whole story has to do with it. One of the lines in her flashbacks (only in the game) she says "I'll wait for the time for you to come back when the snow returns" - Yuuichi goes to her place for winter holidays every year before those 7 years. And because of that, Nayuki has grown to like snow (although Yuuichi can't think of anything but "cold"), and the city she lives in (only to be known as the "city of snow").
man... nayuki has such a meaningful name...aw.... now that you are all mentioning snow, a subconscious part of me has just risen up, a part of my sympathy for her is that she's always feeling so.... lonely in the anime and yuuichi couldn't return her love... i really sympathise with that coz obviously she liked yuuichi A LOT for sooooo long and it's just so....sad... her character is also honest.

Spoiler:

i think that was a really brave thing to do and i admire her for it
but it's so true, every character in kanon is soooo well depicted its hard to work out favourites...but i seemed to click with nayuki the most
yukari_kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 04:11   Link #55
dojoo
Japanese Translator???

Maaan
I remember the game alot but I don't remember the anime....

I've played the game 2 times (4 times for mai)
but I've only seen the anime once

My favourite character is .... Kitagawa!!!!

Ok, no seriously, umm probably Mai

Dojoo
dojoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 09:29   Link #56
frowndog
Poof... time warp

How come there's no love for Ayu here? Ok, so maybe she was the main girl in the anime and she got Yuuichi in the end, but she was still an interesting character. I've always held a soft spot in my heart for anime girls who are funny and cute. Ayu's character in Kanon totally made the anime for me.

Not that I wouldn't have liked the anime either way... I guess I just didn't warm up to Nayuki that much. Especially since she and Yuuichi are cousins, that made it so very unappealing to me... :P
frowndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 10:53   Link #57
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Me...

I don't like Naiyuki at all very much ^-^"

My favorite is Ayu because she is the best Ayu= means sweet fish and her last name tsukimiya well tsuki=moon and miya?

2. Saiyuri (so CUTE) Ilove her little bit with the magical girl wand
3.Mai (she is really cute andcool) awesome sword
4. Makoto (is cute andfunny) I love piro and Kitsune
5. Shiori( is cute) the cute blanket
6.Naiyuki (she is pretty but not cute...to me)......
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 11:42   Link #58
TronDD
Team the box!

Well if we're gonna rank them all...

1. Mai - Quiet, strong, deeply caring, badass with a sword, and I love long, straight, black hair.

2. Shiori - So cute. Grew quite attached to her as her story is sort of told amidst most of the other ones.
Spoiler for Shiori (and possibly others):

3. Ayu - Obviously the deepest story in the show. She's just cute and fun.

4. Kaori - I thought she had a good story, very dramatic, though not as deep as the others. She's also the best looking.

5. Makoto , Nayuki, Sayuri - Can't seperate these, really. Makoto has the most emotional attachment, but she's a brat. Nayuki is sweet, I feel bad for her. I like Sayuri but they didn't give her any depth.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 12:46   Link #59
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
I don't like Naiyuki at all very much ^-^"

My favorite is Ayu because she is the best Ayu= means sweet fish and her last name tsukimiya well tsuki=moon and miya?
I don't remember if Ayu was actually written in Kanji. As for Tsukimiya, it can literally mean either Moon Palace or Moon Counselor (I keep getting confused about that kanji and which one's which ~_~)
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 03:26   Link #60
rayearth

While on the topic of names, you gotta keep in mind that names can have meanings that got nothing to do with what words they're made up of. Besides, the names used in for the characters in Kanon aren't exactly rare anyway.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen, toei