AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-16, 12:37   Link #1621
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

So what's the solution?bring em togethr XD
Old 2011-04-16, 12:56   Link #1622
tsunade666

^ the solution just ignore it. People will keep on complaining that we need more mikoto with friends. That's one faction. Then the other factions will like more Mikoto and Touma events. But if the author pick one then he should also make the other one happen.

The good part is ignore it and let the author do his works.

I prefer the story of railgun when it's getting dark and action picks one. Than the ordinary times.
Old 2011-04-16, 13:01   Link #1623
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
So what's the solution?bring em togethr XD

C'est la vie baby...

A thought just occured to me; Railgun should get mutliple lead protagonists as well doing things separately from Mikoto's posse!
Old 2011-04-16, 13:11   Link #1624
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
A thought just occured to me; Railgun should get mutliple lead protagonists as well doing things separately from Mikoto's posse!
Have Saten more TIME SLOT!!!!
Old 2011-04-16, 13:15   Link #1625
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ the solution just ignore it. People will keep on complaining that we need more mikoto with friends. That's one faction. Then the other factions will like more Mikoto and Touma events. But if the author pick one then he should also make the other one happen.

The good part is ignore it and let the author do his works.

I prefer the story of railgun when it's getting dark and action picks one. Than the ordinary times.
Now that the dark story stopped I wonder what's next?

I too liked this past arc, though V.16 and 22>than the Railguns sisters arc IMO.

Quote:

C'est la vie baby...

What can they do?
Old 2011-04-16, 13:16   Link #1626
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
...No, that's not what I meant -_- I said OTHER than her posse... Preferably someone she had beaten up before, just to stick to traditions...
Old 2011-04-16, 13:18   Link #1627
tsunade666

what telistina? she's a kihara........ well the loli kihara isn't bad. But that b*tch kihara reminds me of beato when the anime aired her face. Nope. She's beyond help. She needs to be accelerated.
Old 2011-04-16, 13:24   Link #1628
Zakoo

As long as I have Mikoto, I don't care whether it's Kami-yan or the homosexual teleporter who appears with her, though I favorize the former.

But yeah, when there's action in railgun, that's quite good, The sister arc was amazing.
Old 2011-04-16, 13:28   Link #1629
tsunade666

but the sister arc is already ended. I wonder what will they show up now.

What date did the railgun ss 1 novel starts? that trip of the 4 girls?
Old 2011-04-16, 14:15   Link #1630
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
what telistina? she's a kihara........ well the loli kihara isn't bad. But that b*tch kihara reminds me of beato when the anime aired her face. Nope. She's beyond help. She needs to be accelerated.
I have no idea, though Nayuta is might be a good choice, but I doubt it would be any good.

No, to follow traditions, it has to be a Level 0 female protagonist that can throw a nasty right hook... Hey, suddenly Saten might notbe such a bad idea! Maybe she had a falling out with the rest of the girls so that's why she's not in Index! She's off saving the city in her own way!

Spoiler for offtopic:
Old 2011-04-16, 15:31   Link #1631
tsunade666

level 0? I though the traditions is who ever gets beaten and lectured by the right hand turn good.... wait this is railgun -_-

at least I'm thinking on the line of reconciling like the one who is responsible for level upper. She did that for her students.

Saten can have her own spin off that will be exciting. Maybe a 4-koma of railgun centering on Saten and her life as a level 0.
Old 2011-04-16, 22:11   Link #1632
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
but the sister arc is already ended. I wonder what will they show up now.

I think that it happens between novel 6 and novel 7. Considering that the Railgun manga still doesn't touch novel 5 & 6 (were Mikoto has some parts) then we have ways to go, and that's not even considering "manga only" arcs that might pop up in between.
Old 2011-04-17, 00:52   Link #1633
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
That was during September 3rd to 10th, around the time Touma was helping Orsola in Vol7.

Source here: http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...iences_City_SS
Old 2011-04-17, 06:29   Link #1634
zaeraal

Quote:
I agree on this, she is one of my fav characters. Like was mentioned above about peole grouping into "we want Touma" and "we want the 4 heroines", i am with the "we want the 4 heroines" (Note "4", not just "1" aka Misaka-only story) , because i would really not want railgun end up like index, where the main heroine was put to background and replaced by Touma.
Quote:
I have no idea, though Nayuta is might be a good choice, but I doubt it would be any good.

No, to follow traditions, it has to be a Level 0 female protagonist that can throw a nasty right hook... Hey, suddenly Saten might notbe such a bad idea! Maybe she had a falling out with the rest of the girls so that's why she's not in Index! She's off saving the city in her own way!
Nice idea considering how she is nearly never mentioned in index. We have Misaka dealing with dark side and hiding it from others, Uiharu - the legendary gatekeeper, also hidding this fact from others, Kuroko helping in judgement and fighting in more than your casual "school related bullying of students" which only should be the work of judgement, hiding her problems from at least Misaka. Considering all of this Saten could really have a darker past, aside from that cheerfull face, she always shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
That was during September 3rd to 10th, around the time Touma was helping Orsola in Vol7.

Source here: http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...iences_City_SS
That trip was canceled sooner, they were there for about 3 days.
About more precise timeline fo people wondering what could happen next :
21.8. - accelerator was beaten
22.8. - epilogue (it's a must after big fight) (sister arc over)
23.8. - 26.8. - skipped in index
27.8. - Touma goes to Oowarai beach, plays with index...
28.8. - Angel fall start, everyone is swapped (from morning)
29.8. - Angel fall end (late evening)
30.8. - Touma in hospital
31.8. - last day of summer vacation, Misaka has fake date with Touma to avoid Unabara, fake Unabara was beaten, later Touma met Yamisaka Ouma (the guy with crossbow) and beated him the same day. Also accelerator got brain damaged this day.
1.9. - Hyoka appears, Kuroko+Misaka fights with Sherril (only shor fight), Sheril was beaten by Touma the same day
3.9. - 5.9. - Misaka + co. - trip to Arts and Science city

As you can see, 23.8-30.8 is completly uncovered in index, so there can be anything, even entire arc or two . But most likely there will be meeting with Unabara, then probably skipped part with angel fall (or they can make Saten or Uiharu immune to it, aka maintain memories at least (Misaka and Kuroko already confirmed to be affected) and make some funny story about it), then beating of Unabara, mini-fight with Sherril, and then beach story.
Old 2011-04-17, 06:47   Link #1635
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
because i would really not want railgun end up like index, where the main heroine was put to background and replaced by Touma.
I have to argue on this point. Index was never replaced by Touma. He was always the main character. Just as Misaka is the main character in Railgun, Touma is the MC in Index.
Old 2011-04-17, 07:53   Link #1636
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I have to argue on this point. Index was never replaced by Touma. He was always the main character. Just as Misaka is the main character in Railgun, Touma is the MC in Index.
I just don't want Touma to end up as a main in railgun.. that would be purely stupid, considering this is a side story / spin-off
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
A spin-off takes already known characters, usually supporting or background characters and involves them in a story or series which highlights them and further develops their character. The series' true main characters may make cameo appearances or be referred to in dialogue. Side stories, rather, focus on a completely new set of characters who have no history and typically no connections to the existing main characters. The settings for side stories are intentionally away from the major events that the main characters are known to be participating in.
And about index being main character, she looks more like a side character to me, even in novel 22, afterword - kamachi mentioned ONLY tree main characters - Touma, Accel and Shiage. I don't deny her apearances through the index series, but considering her involvement, she clearly fits the "sidekick" position http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidekick - on wiki is nice example -> Batman and Robin, Touma would be the baddas batman kickin asses of all big bad guys and index will be his support like Robin.
In any case, this discussion about who is the main and not, will lead to nowhere, as there aren't absolutely clear rules on "how many screen time or involvement makes you a main character"

I just don't want railgun end up like index, where Touma will do all the work and Misaka will follow/support him like a obedient sheep..
Old 2011-04-17, 08:20   Link #1637
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal
I just don't want Touma to end up as a main in railgun.. that would be purely stupid, considering this is a side story / spin-off
Touma can't be too important for Railgun because it would make problems in continuity with Index (as those stories would need to be present in Index where he is the main character). At best, he can get few minor scenes.

As for Index, she is the Title Character. But being a title character does not influence your importance. She was never even considered a main so Touma never stole her title.
On other hand, Mikoto is the main character of Railgun and Touma not anyone else can steal that title. More mains characters can still be added (like Accel and Shiage in Index) but the first main is still the "mainest" one.

BTW, using Wikipedia is a tad bit ridiculous... a source that can be edited by anyone is not a good source if there is much arguing and theories of what certain term means.
Old 2011-04-25, 03:45   Link #1638
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
BTW, when is the magazine, in which Railgun is being published, released?
Old 2011-04-25, 05:33   Link #1639
faiz blaster

Any news on the next chapter of the manga? It was supposed to have been released already, right?
Old 2011-04-25, 08:02   Link #1640
zaeraal

the magazine (dengeki daioh) will be released 27.4. but 29.4. starts golden week (aka forced vacations for shops) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Week_%28Japan%29 and because of that jumps and other comics are taking a break this week and will be released next week, so i am not sure if railgun will be delayed or not
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen