Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-30, 17:23   Link #21
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It seems that the marines either send info that Luffy and company listen or they literally call Luffy and company up (I'm not sure how this is done, maybe a den den mushi on the ship?), and confirm that Luffy and Buggy are the two masterminds of the escape (considering that they were the original 2), and then start exalting Buggy making him look like a mastermind that has been bidding his time before unleashing his might on the Grand Line (or something to this effect).

Based on this new info, I'm going to make a prediction - Buggy will become the new Yonkou. The WG will fear his past (associations with Roger, Whitebeard, Shanks and Rayleigh, and now Ace), and will consequently consider him to be a greater threat between the two (Luffy and Buggy)....

Yeah, I just saw that info myself. I'm really pleased to see that the marines are taking Buggy so seriously, even though he's not a powerhouse like Luffy or the Shichibukai (makes sense, since Oda said long ago that Buggy's his favorite villain! ). I'm unsure about Buggy becoming one of the Yonkou, though. While I definitely expect him to get a huge bounty hike (does 200-300 million REALLY sound all that far-fetched now that he's broken out of Impel Down and is about to invade Marineford with Luffy? ), his main interest lies in hunting treasure, so I don't think he'll actually be seeking that sort of power. But then again, it's entirely possible that Buggy will have the position forced upon him by his 200+ followers after the war is over. Of course, this means that the poor guy's NEVER going to get a break from the marines after his business at Marineford is done......

Oh well, no matter what happens, I'm still expecting Buggy's old crew to reunite with him eventually. Like I said before, they should just ditch Alvida and add Mr. 3 to the crew's roster instead (the guy has a tendency to talk about money a lot, so him and Buggy are a natural pair!). I guess Buggy's prison followers can join, as well.......
Old 2009-06-30, 17:25   Link #22
james0246

@Red-Haired_Shanks: No, Buggy is still weak. He is average at best within the One Piece universe. Rather, the marines are incorrectly assuming strength based on his pedigree (working with Shanks under the tutelage of Rayleigh on Roger's ship; knowing Whitebeard and being friends with Ace). That is what makes Buggy becoming a Yonkou so hilarious: he does not deserve the WG's attention (the title of Yonkou is given by the WG as a way of addressing the 4 strongest pirates in the New World), and he is not strong enough to hold the title. Buggy becoming a Yonkou would be one of the greatest jokes in the entire series.

@MarvelB: I was joking more than anything about Buggy becoming a Yonkou, but I definetly agree that he will have an amazing bounty after these current events end. No matter what, it will be hilarious to see him constantly running from his own lies/things he did not do.

As for Alvida...well, every ship needs a hot female pirate (That's the power Blackbeard is currently searching for in Level 6 (Katarina, here we come) )...
Old 2009-06-30, 17:42   Link #23
marvelB

Quote:
@MarvelB: I was joking more than anything about Buggy becoming a Yonkou, but I definetly agree that he will have an amazing bounty after these current events end. No matter what, it will be hilarious to see him constantly running from his own lies/things he did not do.

I dunno.... like I said in my last post, it's entirely possible that Buggy will have the emporer position forced upon him by his followers (and the marines, of course). Heh, now I really can't help but to be reminded of Enies Lobby right now. Maybe "emporer" Buggy will be this storyline's substitute for Soge King.....
Old 2009-06-30, 18:26   Link #24
Red-Haired_Shanks

Quote:
As for Alvida...well, every ship needs a hot female pirate (That's the power Blackbeard is currently searching for in Level 6 (Katarina, here we come) )...

Who is Katarina???
You keep mentioning this person...
I didnt see her in the chapters, unless I missed something

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I dunno.... like I said in my last post, it's entirely possible that Buggy will have the emporer position forced upon him by his followers (and the marines, of course). Heh, now I really can't help but to be reminded of Enies Lobby right now. Maybe "emporer" Buggy will be this storyline's substitute for Soge King.....
That would make Buggy more "Whitebeard"-like...lol
Whitebeard is simply the Strongest Man in the Seas right now...
All he has is followers...
He doesn't seem to have a Vice-Captain or anything like that...
It seems like he runs his ship alone...
Like, He's the Captain and everybody is his underlings
Old 2009-06-30, 18:38   Link #25
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs down

Shiryuu saving Blackbeards crew was disappointing. Q you have been useless, lets hope Oda lets you shine sooner then a decade latter. Waiting for full chapter summary to see whats up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
shoo you silly troll, even To love-ru has more plot than Bleach and Naruto...
Don't bash up mangas that's been killing One Piece for a long while.
Old 2009-06-30, 18:38   Link #26
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Like a few others have said before, I'm not sure why quite a few people thought that Blackbeard could vanquish the poison with his darkness. It can only eliminate things that would perpetually injure him externally (it gets rid of any harm on the outside, if you will). Magellan's poison affects a person both externally and internally, so while Blackbeard could use his darkness to clean himself of the liquid poison on his body, he wouldn't be able to purge himself of the poison that has already entered inside his internal system. That being said, Shiryuu saving him and his crew makes perfect sense.

As for who will become the next emperor, my money is still on Blackbeard . It's funny, because Blackbeard and Buggy are the complete opposites to each other right now. Blackbeard has the strength to be considered an emperor, but he doesn't have a large following to support him (although each of his crewmates are strong in their own right). Buggy, on the other hand, while not very powerful, has accumulated quite a large number of loyal followers. In the end though, I'll be happy as long as Whitebeard bites the dust and paves the way for someone to take his spot. We don't need this old fart hanging around any more .
Old 2009-06-30, 18:49   Link #27
kakakka

Shiryuu saving BB is okay, but I am bit sad we don't get to see BB doc's ability. He's a doctor after all.

I think Buggy is going to have big bounty, if he survived this, but I kinda doubt it's enough to make him on par with the emperors. I doubt BB too, since he have small crew for now. If he ever get huge influence/followers (as Buggy seem to be having now), then there's the possibility.

I'm leaning to WB biting the dust after this too, but not sure who'll kill him (WG or Pirates?). There'll be things to solve after his death, and I think they'll make the plot more interesting.

off-topic:
Quote:
shoo you silly troll, even To love-ru has more plot than Bleach and Naruto...
Naruto having less plot than TLR is way off. However, Bleach is some sort of fan-service manga now (or it might change, dunno when..), so it's almost the same level as TLR.
Old 2009-06-30, 18:59   Link #28
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Buggy's a survivor and i give him his props for that alone given how weak he reallly is. As for the doc not doing anything, BB's Doctor is a quack i tell you the mind bender of the one piece series. kidding of course, but i do think he's a quack.
Old 2009-07-01, 03:11   Link #29
andy

Spoiler pics out look like Franky is in front of vegapunk old house.
Old 2009-07-01, 03:39   Link #30
james0246

Also, it seems that there is no chapter next week. Sad times are ahead...
Old 2009-07-01, 04:08   Link #31
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Like a few others have said before, I'm not sure why quite a few people thought that Blackbeard could vanquish the poison with his darkness. It can only eliminate things that would perpetually injure him externally (it gets rid of any harm on the outside, if you will). Magellan's poison affects a person both externally and internally, so while Blackbeard could use his darkness to clean himself of the liquid poison on his body, he wouldn't be able to purge himself of the poison that has already entered inside his internal system. That being said, Shiryuu saving him and his crew makes perfect sense.

As for who will become the next emperor, my money is still on Blackbeard . It's funny, because Blackbeard and Buggy are the complete opposites to each other right now. Blackbeard has the strength to be considered an emperor, but he doesn't have a large following to support him (although each of his crewmates are strong in their own right). Buggy, on the other hand, while not very powerful, has accumulated quite a large number of loyal followers. In the end though, I'll be happy as long as Whitebeard bites the dust and paves the way for someone to take his spot. We don't need this old fart hanging around any more .
I believe the argument was that since he negates DF properties of a person he touch, anything created from DF could be negated too.

Part of the vagueness is whether the poison/item created by the DF user is a perpetual construct of magic or merely made by magic. I think it may be useful to think in terms of magic.
I guess there are 2 main issues:
1) Can BB only negate the DF properties when touching a person and not any DF effect that comes into contact with him? Meaning a long range DF fruit that for example shoot lasers could fight him better than a normal close ranged one.
2) If 1 is false, does the poison require maintainence via DF properties to remain a poison.

Anyway I believe the easier defence is just to create a mini black hole to suck up all the poison near him before it can touch him.
Old 2009-07-01, 08:03   Link #32
Red-Haired_Shanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I'm leaning to WB biting the dust after this too, but not sure who'll kill him (WG or Pirates?). There'll be things to solve after his death, and I think they'll make the plot more interesting.
Thats where I think the person Blackbeard is looking for comes into play...
Like i had said before, Blackbeard did say what he was going to do was going to shake the whole world...
And being as though he's inside a Prison where the most dangerous criminals are held....
I think he's going to release someone that's as powerful as Whitebeard to take him down since he's now powerful enough to do it
Old 2009-07-01, 08:22   Link #33
shankss
CP10

My guess is that Blackbeard will rise crushing Impel Down with a giantic ancient Pluton battleship and ravage through Whitebeard and World Goverment forces, killing Whitebeard as the proof of becoming the new strongest person in the world, starting the new era in front of everyone.

Luffy may save Ace in all that rumble and then go hunting for Blackbeard since he will steal his dream of becoming new Pirate King and maybe revenge for Ace's defeat.If Blackbeard's really searching for it and if Pluton is as powerful as everyone's been searching for then pirates and world government may have to work together in future.
Old 2009-07-01, 08:40   Link #34
marvelB

Ah... so it's Vegapunk's house. I know a lot of people already guessed that Franky's island was the birthplace of Vegapunk, but I was sorta hoping that it was also the birthplace of Dr. Tsukimi (the scientist who made those Spacey robots from the Eneru ministory). Oh well, I guess he's from ANOTHER mecha island, then.

Unfortunately, there's no translation for the pics yet, so I just have the images to look at for now. Heh, I love Buggy's reaction to being singled out as Luffy's accomplice. But of course he starts looking all badass after his followers praise him . Also, I have a pretty good feeling that we're going to get the full Ace's flashback once the break is over. If memory serves me right, there was a break right around the time Robin's flashback started during the Enies Lobby storyline. I'm definitely looking forward to it.....
Old 2009-07-01, 09:26   Link #35
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Well for one thing, the top people in the Marines aren't dumb. People in the Schibukai aren't dumb. They all know who Shanks is. They all know who WB is. All strong. No joke.

It's not the pirates themselves that give them the title of yankou and stuff. Buggy aint going anywhere with that title. If anyone is gonna get it it's prrobably gonna be Luffy.

Anyways regardless what happens, Buggys life is pretty much screwed over after his bounty is gonna sky rocket. He's gonna boast about it in front of people but cry when he's alone.
Old 2009-07-01, 09:51   Link #36
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Since there's no thread for the WG, I thought I would post this over here for now. Credit goes to Greg, Redon, and Heiji-sama from AP forums. Thank you all for sharing this information.

Regarding the New Log Book (Log 13)

To quote Greg,

Quote:
In terms of AUTHORITY, CP9 ranks above ID staff, EL staff, and the Marines. They sit below the Shichibukai. Gorousei are at the top obviously.
Here's a link to the image:
http://img138.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_216lo.jpg

Very interesting hierarchy to note here.
Old 2009-07-01, 10:02   Link #37
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

yeah if the world goverment will put buggy in their hit list and if he will get a title as yonkyou or anything, it doesn't consider to how strong buggy is compared to the other hihger tier pirate but buggy as a pirate with a high treat level...(one of mastermind of the ID jail break, what would people and the WG think about the person?) he will be a living legend since the former ID escaper became a legend and everybody talk about him, and yeah buggy ecaped with 200+ more prisoner...
Old 2009-07-01, 10:14   Link #38
Kona
Banned

I wonder what buggys future is going to be after this.. yonkou maybe? Franky landing at vegapunks house.. no surprise there. Seems like he isn't there so he is going to upgrade himself? Shiryuu joining BB is no surprise but i atleast expected doc q to do something. Is magellan going to leave ID now to join the battle or is BB going to axe him? Can't wait to see Aces past and why he hates his father so much.
Old 2009-07-01, 11:14   Link #39
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Since there's no thread for the WG, I thought I would post this over here for now. Credit goes to Greg, Redon, and Heiji-sama from AP forums. Thank you all for sharing this information.

Regarding the New Log Book (Log 13)

To quote Greg,

Here's a link to the image:
http://img138.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_216lo.jpg

Very interesting hierarchy to note here.

Yeah, that's definitely some interesting info there. Also, from that image you can see that it's not just CP9 that's listed but Cipher Pol in general (it says 1-9). Heh, I actually find it kinda funny to see that a group of pirates actually has more authority in the government than a marine admiral.....

So anyway, I suppose now that we can assume that Franky will find some old blueprints or something in Vegapunk's old lab? Then our cyborg friend will be able to convert himself into one super Pacifista!

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-07-01 at 11:37.
Old 2009-07-01, 13:48   Link #40
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Also, it seems that there is no chapter next week. Sad times are ahead...
That's some what great news, its Odas ritual. He's taking a break to make a chapter setting up a fight or at least a meeting.(or fight he will total forget about. Ala Whitebeard vs Shanks ha ha) Or about to introduce new characters or reintroduce neglected characters. That or hand out another dragtastic chapter. Its a 20 to 80 chance of getting one over the other and I'm betting on the 20.

We will know after this weeks and next week.
Closed Thread