AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-02-11, 04:14   Link #81
AnimeFangirl

Innocent Life is coming out for the PS2 tomorrow. I sorta want it, but I already have RF2 and Island of Happiness on my To Buy list so maybe I'll pick it up used in a couple of months.
Old 2008-02-19, 05:55   Link #82
westbluef
The Jesting Fool

Here is a bit of news about harvest moon:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_Moon_Online

http://www.rpgfan.com/features/inter...07/index5.html

So what do you people think of a "possible" online harvest moon
that may be released this year or next?
Old 2008-02-19, 07:40   Link #83
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Innocent Life is coming out for the PS2 tomorrow.
Beh, has anyone tried this? The IGN review mentions it as a "pretty far away stray" from the franchise, but all I read in the review is classic HM with a small "island exploration" twist and a sort of storyline. I really don't feel like trying the other PS2 HMs since they've restricted classic gameplay too much, but perhaps they've gone back to the roots with this one. Any comments about it?

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 13:28   Link #84
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Wasn't Innocent Life that sci-fi one? From what I looked at it once it seems too far from the "soul" of the game series to look any good to me. Much like the previous PS2 HM that I played...
@westbluef:
A online Harvest Moon has always sounded good to me...
Old 2008-02-19, 14:39   Link #85
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
Wasn't Innocent Life that sci-fi one? From what I looked at it once it seems too far from the "soul" of the game series to look any good to me. Much like the previous PS2 HM that I played...
Yeah, well, those are aesthetic changes... the core gameplay doesn't seem much different to me. But I'd have to play it to be sure.

Old 2008-02-19, 14:43   Link #86
krisslanza

From what I read... I didn't like the art style Also it sounded odd since you like play a robot and can customize your self or... Something. Odd game.

I like Rune Factory more XD
Old 2008-02-28, 13:30   Link #87
CheoChiem

Send a message via AIM to CheoChiem Send a message via MSN to CheoChiem
Any new harvest moon games coming out?
CheoChiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 17:29   Link #88
AnimeFangirl

Kira Kira Taiyou no Nakamatachi just came out in Japan.
Old 2008-02-28, 18:30   Link #89
krisslanza

Which one is that? >.>
There's a few HM coming out in Japan in the coming months... 2 on the Wii and one on the DS or somethin'?
Old 2008-02-28, 18:31   Link #90
Amray

My Sister always gets me to play this, A Wonderful Life is the main one.

She always finds it amusing how I play it because I completely suck, I don't know maybe its because I'm used to hitting people with swords and shooting people, haha.

I can't believe it! I got past the second year or whatever and still no friggin' horse!!!!! Now I have to walk everywhere!!!
And I was rejected by that chick with the short red hair! Nami I think her name was. I have no luck on this game. XD
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 15:33   Link #91
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

^aww, lol at the horse.

Poor Amray-san.. *pat*

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 18:26   Link #92
Amray

Y'know your the first person to 'not' laugh at me.. Well you did with the 'lol' and stuff, but your the first to give me pity. XP

Stupid horse, I'll get it!! You'll see!!
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 22:41   Link #93
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

I'm interested in this game and since I have a DS and a Wii, I could play GBA and GC games as well. So can someone give me an opinion whether the Friend of Mineral Town game on GBA or the Magical Melody game on GC is better? (the thing is, since I will have to buy them used, I don't really know where to find them...)

It sounds like the Harvest Moon games on PSX and N64 are the best, but I probably won't be able to play those...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 23:26   Link #94
Turtleen
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Turtleen Send a message via Yahoo to Turtleen
I've never played Magical Melody, heard it was very good though.
Friends of Mineral Town is pretty good, just has no real point to it because they don't evaluate at the end of XX years or anything. It's pretty much Back to Nature (PSX) minus the three year timelimit. Sometimes it might delete your file too >_>

GC has A Wonderful Life/Another Wonderful Life (girl's version) too. They get pretty repetative because there's no festivals or anything, but the months are much shorter which is good.
Turtleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 01:57   Link #95
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleen View Post
I've never played Magical Melody, heard it was very good though.
Friends of Mineral Town is pretty good, just has no real point to it because they don't evaluate at the end of XX years or anything. It's pretty much Back to Nature (PSX) minus the three year timelimit. Sometimes it might delete your file too >_>

GC has A Wonderful Life/Another Wonderful Life (girl's version) too. They get pretty repetative because there's no festivals or anything, but the months are much shorter which is good.
Wait, so Friends of Mineral Town is a port of the Harvest Moon game from PSX? Also, what do you mean by it might delete my file?

Well, I didn't mention it last time, but I have played Friends of Mineral Town before. I played it for a whole day (it certainly was addicting) but I immediately dropped it off right after that day. The reason is that I didn't know where I was heading to in the game, or was I was suppose to do... But for a while now, my interest of the game sparks again and I have been thinking of giving it another try (don't have the game though so gotta go buy a used one <_<).

I remember mining in the cave and my character gets too exhausted while I keep digging to deeper and deeper levels hoping to find some sorts of (presumably existed) treasure. I could never figure out how to dig as deep as I had hoped since the character got exhausted too quickly.

I don't think I'm going to touch (Another) Wonderful Life then.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 07:03   Link #96
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Back to Nature is certainly the best game, so I'd recommend you grabbing a PSX emulator if you don't have access to a console. If not... well, Friends of Mineral Town is a pretty nice handheld rendition, though some things have been limited in the transition, and others expanded (there's an absurd amount of recipes in the GBA version, while there were only 60+ in the PSX version). As always, music on the GBA sucks, so if you want to listen to the soundtrack in a nice manner you'll have to go for Back to Nature.

The N64 version is kind of different (characters' relationships change) and is lacking a few things... I really always preferred the PSX version. Friends of Mineral Town retains the latter's character relationships.

Old 2008-03-25, 15:36   Link #97
Turtleen
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Turtleen Send a message via Yahoo to Turtleen
I don't think it's quite a port of BTN, but they're very similar. There's just something about BTN that makes it better that I can't quite put my finger on. They did get rid of some festivals in FoMT too.

I think the file erasing is only if you run out of batteries while playing it? I thought it was just my game but it turns out it happened to a lot of people. Just keep a second file if you're really worried about it, but it only happened to me when the batteries died.
Basically, the game auto-deletes whatever file you were last playing when you turn it back on (after batteries ran out...?).
Turtleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 07:06   Link #98
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Anyone playing the new Island of Happiness? I just got through year 1 and I must say, this is a lot harder than the others. There's a new crop growing mechanic that requires you to limit your watering depending on the amount of sunny days you get.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:24   Link #99
Sheep

I played the one for the SNES and FoMT for the GBA intensively (I "tried" some others for the GB, but didn't like them as much). Both are just awesome. I wouldn't be the first when I say I was surprised by how a farming RPG could hook me.
How the games accomplish this is hard to say. It's mostly small details that together make the games as great as they are, and I'm not going to list them all. Definitely brilliant games though, I love them. Yes, they have flaws, but the many good points make up for that.

Every once in a while I get the urge to play one of the two HM games mentioned above again, and now because of this topic, I feel like playing the SNES HM : <

Fall is awesome.
Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 00:17   Link #100
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Anyone playing the new Island of Happiness? I just got through year 1 and I must say, this is a lot harder than the others. There's a new crop growing mechanic that requires you to limit your watering depending on the amount of sunny days you get.
I tried playing around a bit, but I think the monetary requirements are just too much—even for a Harvest Moon game. Besides the new farming mechanics and the number of upgrades you would be aiming for, there are also those bridges that you have to build. If it weren't for those harvest festivals, I would have abandoned farming altogether and just concentrate on fishing... and don't even get me started on mining. You really need to plan things out.

On the plus side, it looks like the town advances financially as you do (at least in terms of appearances), which is a nice touch in my opinion. The new characters are refreshing as well, even though they still look like too cartoonic to me.

Still, as all Harvest Moon games go, this is one is just as time-consuming, if not more than previous iterations.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote