AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-10-02, 15:34   Link #7181
azziz

don't underestimate midas-related to a-tan-or hayate elder brother-a-tan,indebted to him, has all reason to help hayate search;there's also maria past(how is she related to a-tan?)who are her parent?why did they...
last but no least,there's the "power of royalty":how nagi's mother gain it?what did she do with it and why did she died if she had it?what happened betwen her and hayate elder brother(lucas?)...
all those plot are one way or another related to athena,so it's no a matter of whether or not she'll be back,only when.

ps:i didn't mention nagi former butler-himegami?- because i didn't know how he fit in all of this.and there's the evil"santa claus"goal we know nothing about,just that he has found recently another incredibly unlunclky,but hardowrking and competant youth to play with(to our delight).
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 15:24   Link #7182
The Sandman

My guess is that Athena will show up again the instant it looks like Hayate might actually be making romantic progress with any of the assorted girls who like him, because that's the one arena where she'd have to get personally involved in order to compete.

And I don't see romantic progress as likely until enough time passes in-story for Nagi to turn 15, at which point Hayate's thoroughly-suppressed libido might stop filing her under "little kid". Anything that might happen before then would be with the meta knowledge that the main contender hasn't really thrown her hat into the ring. Or more accurately, hasn't had her hat make it into the ring because she hasn't grown enough for her throws to reach the ring from where she's standing.
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 16:21   Link #7183
Mentar
Banned

*has a big grin on his face*

Okay, nothing very much really happened in 291 yet again, but at least Hina fans like me will have something to smile.

Spoiler for chapter 291:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 17:08   Link #7184
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

Spoiler for chapter 291:
Someone actually gets yelled at for being a Mary Sue style character within the work! XD

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 21:32   Link #7185
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Quote:

Okay, nothing very much really happened in 291 yet again, but at least Hina fans like me will have something to smile.

Spoiler for chapter 291:
"depress mode trigger"
Gonna be like this until the scans are out......
Old 2010-10-08, 03:54   Link #7186
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
"depress mode trigger"
Gonna be like this until the scans are out......
Naah. At least, in the end Nagi's spirits were lifted again

If only I could summon up more interest in this whole mangaka caper.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 05:59   Link #7187
Wolfnagi

Quote:
Naah. At least, in the end Nagi's spirits were lifted again

If only I could summon up more interest in this whole mangaka caper.
Already read chap 291,
NOW WE GETTING SOMEWHERE!!!!!!
Guessing that Ruka are going to show up any moment now xD
Old 2010-10-09, 21:58   Link #7188
ellifeedn
Thinker

If Nagi manages to re-ignite her dreams of becoming a mangaka, which is very possible, I wonder what her manga will be about. It probably won't be great, but it should be decent. I'll lol if it so happens her manga will be about her life with Hayate.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 22:07   Link #7189
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
If Nagi manages to re-ignite her dreams of becoming a mangaka, which is very possible, I wonder what her manga will be about. It probably won't be great, but it should be decent. I'll lol if it so happens her manga will be about her life with Hayate.
I could almost see it being about Hina, under the guise that everyone loves Hina so a manga about Hina would be popular as well. Not Hina's everyday life, mind you, but RPG Hina. Nagi would then cast herself as the wise Sage.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 11:43   Link #7190
Used Can

So, I've just voted in the latest popularity poll...

Whom I voted for? I guess that should go without even saying.
Old 2010-10-13, 11:58   Link #7191
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
So, I've just voted in the latest popularity poll...

Whom I voted for? I guess that should go without even saying.
Is it possible for non-Japanese to vote? It seems to be asking for prefecture, phone number, and address.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 12:07   Link #7192
Used Can

No, people outside Japan cannot vote. Well, unless you know a valid address, postal code and phone number.
Old 2010-10-13, 12:38   Link #7193
Wolfnagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
No, people outside Japan cannot vote. Well, unless you know a valid address, postal code and phone number.
Tried to vote.......
It seems that they asked for that because lucky voter might just get some presents.........
Old 2010-10-13, 12:54   Link #7194
Used Can

Hmm... that's possible, I guess. However, they did say that writing down that data was necessary if you wanted to be part of the poll. So, my guess is, if you didn't provide any valid information, then, perhaps, your vote will be invalid. Well, who knows?

Hopefully, though, I won't get any present - if there's any, of course. I like HnG as a manga and as an anime, but I've never liked otaku-aimed goods. They are just... not to my taste. Receiving one of those would be fairly embarrassing for me.
Old 2010-10-13, 13:07   Link #7195
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
i am hoping hata will go a different route. w already have a managa about managaka no need for 2nd one. Hopefully Nagi will concentrate on what she does do well, Finance.

Raise of Nagi as a super finance wizard then engineering a hostile takeover of her grandfathers company.

Nagi "Greed is Good."

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2010-10-13 at 13:33.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 15:19   Link #7196
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i am hoping hata will go a different route. w already have a managa about managaka no need for 2nd one. Hopefully Nagi will concentrate on what she does do well, Finance.

Raise of Nagi as a super finance wizard then engineering a hostile takeover of her grandfathers company.

Nagi "Greed is Good."
Not her grandfather's, the Tennos fortune. Then Mikado might make an exception and give her back her inheritance rights. That would also turn her into a rival for Wataru, since he's trying to rebuild his family's fortune.
Reprise of the Nagi x Wataru ending?

Maybe Nagi'll realize that her full abilities aren't being utilized while she's trying to be a mangaka and finally regale it to 'something I enjoy doing, but not the breadwinner for my household'.

Course, HnG is unashamedly a parody manga, no reason to believe Hata'll drop a potential plotline just because someone else has done it.
There's another manga with Chiharu's 'hidden side job as a maid' plotline, probably other characters have them somewhere in their lines as well.

... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Old 2010-10-13, 15:22   Link #7197
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Not her grandfather's, the Tennos fortune. Then Mikado might make an exception and give her back her inheritance rights. That would also turn her into a rival for Wataru, since he's trying to rebuild his family's fortune.
Reprise of the Nagi x Wataru ending?

Maybe Nagi'll realize that her full abilities aren't being utilized while she's trying to be a mangaka and finally regale it to 'something I enjoy doing, but not the breadwinner for my household'.

Course, HnG is unashamedly a parody manga, no reason to believe Hata'll drop a potential plotline just because someone else has done it.
There's another manga with Chiharu's 'hidden side job as a maid' plotline, probably other characters have them somewhere in their lines as well.
why go after the tennos, it will be more satisfying to go after his grandfather.
Old 2010-10-13, 15:28   Link #7198
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
why go after the tennos, it will be more satisfying to go after his grandfather.
Tennos is stated to have been larger, thus the bigger challenge to take, and since she is a Sanzenin (unless her grandfather revoked her last name as well as the inheritance), people are going to associate the Sanzenin fortune with her whether it's actually hers to claim or not.
Sonia had gone after her because of the family name, not because of the money the first time.

Old 2010-10-14, 01:24   Link #7199
zibi88

I think that the only interesting part in c292 for me was the new girl "husen" talk... that butler has it........ what if its about the "gift" athena gave to hayate in past... the magic to make stronger his body (that light ball)

the girl gets to test hayate to confirm it: see reflexes (with fireworks)...hugs him to maybe hear it.... see's that hayate can see and talk to ghosts.... and she even sends her dog to spy on him (maybe a robo dog that makes more pic's)

maybe hayate will lose his power on some place in the story and A-tam might appear again :P to save him as she was not able to do it in past
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 08:22   Link #7200
mitsuganae

It's interesting to me that Nagi takes a step towards not being too dependent on Hayate -- good for her. I suppose Hayate's decision to watch over her covertly is understandable, but if Nagi demonstrates that she can thrive without Hayate's assistance, it would also show to Hayate (however gradually) that she's growing up, which is a good thing.

On the other hand, I sense that Nagi will need Hayate's assistance again this time (even if only in a covert manner).

Last edited by mitsuganae; 2010-10-15 at 08:38.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen