Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-03, 19:47   Link #61
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Sounds like its gona be great, I might have to have a look at the leak to try it out - even though I already pre-ordered it - and get my fix. 1 Month to go huh, cant wait.
Don't worry since the leak was an unfinished beta so when the game finally comes out, all those bugs and others issues in the leak will be fixed.
Old 2011-07-03, 20:09   Link #62
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yeah, I wan't expecting it too be completely working since its a beta leak demo version. Just to see the basic gist and try some of the features is what I expected. Just to tide me over.
Old 2011-07-03, 21:05   Link #63
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Another thing that I loved about it is even in the main HQ (before you even leave for any missions or out to the city) there is little side missions and endless data pads and computers to hack containing info about the world and bits relating to the story.

Theres really a lot in there for those who want immerse themselves.

Also the take-downs / double take-downs are pure badass (even the non-lethal ones).

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 23:53   Link #64
Mr Hat and Clogs

That Sarif Industries website is cool. Makes you kinda wistful that it was less make believe.
Old 2011-07-04, 15:54   Link #65
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for More juicy stuff:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 19:16   Link #66
Mr Hat and Clogs

So yeah, played the first in the factory section with a friend. I went totally sneaky (on hard) he went guns blazing (on medium). You're definitely spoiled for choice both approaches are totally viable. Many different options on how to approach something, that and enemies god damn hurt.

Sneaky mode I'd have to catch guards alone that were directly in my path. If there was clump of guards I often wouldn't have enough time to take them all down before one found and woke one of the others up (which would make for some Monty Python-esque amusement) so I'd have to use cover and sneak right past everything which made for some tense moments.

My friend went gun crazy, switching between the rifle and the pistol.. lamenting the lack of shells for the shotgun initially. He didn't really have much difficulty. But the comments of other NPC's at the end of the mission made for some hilarious moments, but overall a success. Conversely, I who missed a 'secondary' objective (honestly I just didn't see the room!) got the bum rap, made me feel like a total heel too.

I'd be curious to hear the dialogue if I hadn't missed it, since I did my best at a non-lethal totally sneaky approach to my friends ("You're a god damn murderer!") approach. So yeah, need to keep your eye out, since it seems important secondary objectives can only be mentioned in passing and might not show up on your objective list or are incorrect/misinformation from the briefing.

The augments look fun too. But seems that to unlock a skill you need two points, but to upgrade them you only need one. Which made me QQ since the cloak woulda been awesome early on.

Side note: what the heck was with the shock round ammunition! I had a mountain of the stuff and not taser to use it with!
Old 2011-07-27, 08:44   Link #67
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Deus Ex Human Revolution Japanese dubbed Trailer

It will be in stores on September 9th in Japan. Is it me or did I just heard Kugimiya Rie's voice at the end of the trailer?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 09:51   Link #68
Mr Hat and Clogs

The others release date(s):

NA August 23, 2011
AU August 25, 2011
EU August 26, 2011
JP September 8, 2011
Old 2011-07-27, 21:17   Link #69
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

I pre-ordered at gamestop a month ago. Gonna look forward it since this'll be my first deus ex game. Looks like complete pacifist run is out of the question since Adam is still going to kill human bosses. (i.e. Lawrence Barret.)
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 23:57   Link #70
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recite View Post
I pre-ordered at gamestop a month ago. Gonna look forward it since this'll be my first deus ex game. Looks like complete pacifist run is out of the question since Adam is still going to kill human bosses. (i.e. Lawrence Barret.)
Well if someone's shooting at me, I'm going to shoot back. But my policy would be to minimize casualties and avoid lethal take downs if possible... Guess the question then would be how long do they stay knocked out...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 03:35   Link #71
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/be...deus-ex/718502

This game is getting more exciting
Old 2011-08-04, 03:41   Link #72
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, I already know about Combat, Stealth and Hacking... But I wonder what the Persuasion system would be like...?
Old 2011-08-04, 03:44   Link #73
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I wantssssssssssssssssssssssss this game.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 04:13   Link #74
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Less than 3 more week... Incidentally, getting Deus Ex would kick start this year's Gaming Season for me as I'll be buying 1-2 games every month from then on all the way up to the dreaded wallet destroyer month of November...
Old 2011-08-11, 06:54   Link #75
Mr Hat and Clogs

The new (?) Purity First trailer is pretty cool. It's live action, and high quality too, which just makes it all the more sureal.. or creepy, I haven't decided. Certainly spins a darker propagandised view on the augmentation stuff.

Old 2011-08-11, 08:40   Link #76
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It's not, "new" I saw it a while back, but it's one of the damn best trailers for a game I have ever seen. I hope the game itself has the same eye for detail on the aesthetics as they did in the trailer.
Old 2011-08-11, 08:52   Link #77
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Reminds me of the Knights Templars in DX2.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 14:04   Link #78
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
it's one of the damn best trailers for a game I have ever seen.
You weren't fucking kidding. That trailer seriously blew my mind.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 15:13   Link #79
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

seem like pirates have been playing a full beta version of the game w/o DX11 support.
I absolutely love the 1st, but not as much the 2nd. I hope the 3rd will not disappoint.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 13:37   Link #80
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Reminds me of the Knights Templars in DX2.
That's the whole point. The entertainment industry always likes to portray technology, especially biotech and cybernetics, as the next big evil.

This is why I take great relish in writing a novel in which technology, biotech and cybernetics are necessary to defeating a great "evil."