4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-10, 10:53   Link #121
sa547
*Author

Finally got to watch this. Now they're back in business!
Old 2013-07-10, 14:24   Link #122
mugimugi
bwaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I don't remember that, in which episode and/or chapter was it?
Nisemonogatari, when Koyomi helps Kanbaru cleaning her room. Right after that I think.
mugimugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 14:30   Link #123
Candyshark

Right now I have a problem figuring out when does Shiro takes place. After Nise? Right after Bake? Or is it retelling her second outburst? Another oddity shows up. Is Hanekawa Kai magnet or something?
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 14:51   Link #124
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Right now I have a problem figuring out when does Shiro takes place. After Nise? Right after Bake? Or is it retelling her second outburst? Another oddity shows up. Is Hanekawa Kai magnet or something?
Shiro takes place after Nise, as you can tell by the fact that both Hanekawa and Senjougahara have short hair.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 19:18   Link #125
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Shiro takes place after Nise, as you can tell by the fact that both Hanekawa and Senjougahara have short hair.
I believe they flashed up an August 21st on screen, at one point. That puts it roughly 2 months after Nisemono?
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 22:14   Link #126
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
I believe they flashed up an August 21st on screen, at one point. That puts it roughly 2 months after Nisemono?
More like one week.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 00:24   Link #127
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
More like one week.
Well, I spoiled myself on future events... maybe. I'm completely confused about how those events will work, but...

This is 2 months after the end of Bakemono, a month after Karen Bee (so Nisemono part 1) and 1 week after Tsukihi Phoenix (Nisemono part 2). I must have missed any date references in the second half of Nisemono.

It's 3 months after Nekomongatari (Black), if anyone cares. Though Nekomonogatari (Black) isn't really important, if you haven't seen it. It's something of a retconned version of that shown in Bakemonogatari.
Old 2013-07-11, 01:57   Link #128
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
It's 3 months after Nekomongatari (Black), if anyone cares. Though Nekomonogatari (Black) isn't really important, if you haven't seen it. It's something of a retconned version of that shown in Bakemonogatari.
It's not a retcon, it's the original story as planned by Nisio. The one in Bake anime was the fake one
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 02:00   Link #129
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
It's not a retcon, it's the original story as planned by Nisio. The one in Bake anime was the fake one
Exactly, just because it came first doesn't't make it canon.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 04:10   Link #130
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Exactly, just because it came first doesn't't make it canon.
Well, it's still retconned, but did they release an updated version of Bakemonogatari part 2 that was updated with the changes? They were really quite minor and it was only a few location changes. At least from what they showed in the anime.

Spoiler:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-07-11 at 09:53. Reason: Fixed your tag.
Old 2013-07-11, 04:43   Link #131
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
It is more an issue of publishers IMHO. The writer originally sold the Bake- stories, almost two years later he was contracted for most of the 1st series (Kizu-/Nise-), and even later for the rest (after the boost in sales from doujinshi, and eventually the first anime). Apart from the official announcements and the gaps between release schedule, you can tell the different mindset of the author, between Bake-, Kizu-, Nise-. The rest (starting with Neko-) are more consistent. This is not unusual, many professional series (novel/manga/anime/live) have to cope with incompetent publishers and volatile market trends.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 12:21   Link #132
Provocateur

Just watched the first episode and I'm loving it already! Although I miss long hair Hanekawa >.<
Provocateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 12:40   Link #133
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provocateur View Post
Just watched the first episode and I'm loving it already! Although I miss long hair Hanekawa >.<
Honestly, I prefer short hair Hanekawa. Long haired Senjougahara is the one that should come back, imo.
Old 2013-07-12, 23:08   Link #134
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
...Do you know the lyrics of Kimi no Shiranai monogatari...?
I didn't, so I looked them up. Here's one good link, with romaji and English side by side, and the ability to switch to kanji if you want. Here's another link, with a YouTube of the song.

I'm a big fan of Hitagi. But in the anime, not in real life, lol. Pretty scary. Quite lovable in the anime, however.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 03:32   Link #135
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Well, that was more or less standard monogatari, though for some reason it looked "cheaper" looking than Nise though not as bad as Bake. Nothing too much happened as it was a development episode, but nothing offensive and atrocious (at least so far). Will continue watching but if it gets to Nise level ridiculousness and pandering I'll be dropping it an instant.

On a somewhat different note, I'm still pissed both Hitagi and Hanekawa cut their hair
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 16:08   Link #136
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Honestly, I prefer short hair Hanekawa. Long haired Senjougahara is the one that should come back, imo.
Yeah, I'm with this. Short hair Hanekawa is fine. Senjougahara is the one who needs to get her longer hair back.
Old 2013-07-13, 16:39   Link #137
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I agree as well. I like Tsubasa's new look better than her old one. Short hair doesn't suit Hitagi though. She looked a lot better with long hair.
Old 2013-07-13, 19:56   Link #138
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I agree as well. I like Tsubasa's new look better than her old one. Short hair doesn't suit Hitagi though. She looked a lot better with long hair.
Hitagi tries to imitate Tsubasa, in order to appear more appealing to Koyomi... of course when side by side to Tsubasa she will appear inferior, but I think Tsubasa won't be around for too long (given her circumstances and plans), so the short-haired Hitagi would be much more appealing later on to Koyomi... and by extension us, the audience

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-14 at 21:56. Reason: edited for clarity
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 20:41   Link #139
Sol Falling

SHAFT just sucks at drawing so we haven't seen a good shot of short-haired Hitagi yet. Her new style is perfectly fine.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-13 at 21:18. Reason: edited out unnecessary jab
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 12:23   Link #140
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No, Hitagi is offering because she knows Tsubasa would otherwise live like a hobo without any qualms instead of asking for help. Other than Tsubasa herself, anyone could see what was wrong with that picture.
just like an abandoned kitten inside a cardboard box that hitagi carried home.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote