AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-07-15, 21:31   Link #101
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Hmm, then someone like Shao-Li, the cold-eyed Taiwanese killer from Noir would be absolutely lethal here.

She has an acquired personal immunity against a poisonous incense she likes to light when she needs to make a kill subtle. It is odorless, tasteless and lethal as cyanide to those who have not acquired her immunity.

Somehow Lure Accelerator into a Buddhist temple, where the presence if incense is Expected and won't be suspected, watch him start doubling over in a minute or two, and pull out your knife...
What would the knife be for? double suicide?
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 04:19   Link #102
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
What would the knife be for? double suicide?
@Yui

Spoiler for later in the Index light novels:
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 12:57   Link #103
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I was thinking kinetic energy absorption could possibly work against Accel.

Considering Kihara displayed that Accel used single reflection events (not a "constant barrier"), and that vectors cause matter/energy/etc to have direction and force, a kinetic manipulator could theoretically bypass his barrier.

Think of it this way... Kinetic throws a punch at Accel (normal punch, not exerting any extra force using their ability) with their ability set to "absorb". Their fist strikes Accel's barrier and is given a new vector with likely greater force than what they intended (courtesy of Accel's overkill :P). However as the kinetic's ability is set to absorb, they instantly stop any momentum and velocity their fist had when thrown back by Accel's vector change, and it remains in place, free to continue moving forward.

Granted, this means the kinetic needs to have a one-inch-punch martial skill otherwise they'd just barely tap Accel's body from their halted position.
Old 2013-07-16, 13:28   Link #104
leukrota

It wouldn't work. Accelerator's reflection is not a "single reflection event" as you are interpreting. It reflects everything with the exceptions to the rules (air, sound, light, etc), unusual effects that he doesn't comprehend (until he can comprehend them and change his ability accordingly) and the vectors he already changed (since otherwise they would just loop I guess).

At best, the attack would be stopped completely on it's tracks without doing damage to any of them. If the user tried to put a new impetus on the punch it would count as a new vector.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 00:46   Link #105
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
If a Level-ZERO bookworm like Kihara could beat albino-sociopath into a bloody pulp just by knowing the EXACT moment of when to pull his punches so his fists get sucked into Accelerator by his powers, then a Wing-Chun Kung-Fu master who has an even stronger degree of control over his fists would absolutely destroy the little bastard.
Even if your kung-fu master could learn the exact distance (which Kihara Amata knew because he helped Accel develop his powers), he would have no way of knowing how to cancel Accel's other uses of his power. For example, the wind attack Accel tried to blow away Kihara Amata with. Amata was only a threat because he was able to nullify Accel's offense and defense. You are acting like reflection is his best trick when he can fire off a kinetic energy blast that the people at 2chan calculated could blow through the planet and other crazy offensive applications of his power.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 03:27   Link #106
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
Even if your kung-fu master could learn the exact distance (which Kihara Amata knew because he helped Accel develop his powers), he would have no way of knowing how to cancel Accel's other uses of his power. For example, the wind attack Accel tried to blow away Kihara Amata with. Amata was only a threat because he was able to nullify Accel's offense and defense. You are acting like reflection is his best trick when he can fire off a kinetic energy blast that the people at 2chan calculated could blow through the planet and other crazy offensive applications of his power.
TV tropes says it could shatter rather than blow through the planet... but...
Old 2013-07-17, 18:11   Link #107
Asuras
Dictadere~!

The only other thing I think could avoid Accelerator's barrier is an attack that starts/manifests within his body or one that doesn't have a vector... Maybe something like Death Inducement simply by sight. Pretty OP, but it'd work.
Old 2013-07-18, 09:22   Link #108
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
The only other thing I think could avoid Accelerator's barrier is an attack that starts/manifests within his body or one that doesn't have a vector... Maybe something like Death Inducement simply by sight. Pretty OP, but it'd work.
That would most likely be in the realm of magic which are entities he doesn't have any understanding of at this point in the Railgun series at least thus would be exceptions to his reflection.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 14:57   Link #109
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Are intangibility Esper powers still affected by Accelerator's field? I'm wondering if something that is intangible can possess a vector in any sense. :\

Also teleportation. Couldn't Musujime's ability teleport something into Accel's body? I'm not sure if teleportation counts as a movement with a vector.
Old 2013-07-18, 22:13   Link #110
Gray Servant

There aren't any intangibility espers for us to draw info from, so no clue on that one. Teleportation does have a vector in this series though, Accelerator blocks a teleportation attack once. Basically it works by moving something into the 11th dimension then back into the third dimension (technobabble). Since it involves movement Accel can reflect it.
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 06:35   Link #111
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Servant View Post
There aren't any intangibility espers for us to draw info from, so no clue on that one. Teleportation does have a vector in this series though, Accelerator blocks a teleportation attack once. Basically it works by moving something into the 11th dimension then back into the third dimension (technobabble). Since it involves movement Accel can reflect it.
I think it's technically string theory But still most likely technobabble. It might theoretically be plausible though....
Old 2013-07-19, 06:40   Link #112
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

How about ultimate gravity putting him in temperatures as hot as the sun
cold as beyond negative degrees celcius

or using his own powers against him
Old 2013-07-19, 06:53   Link #113
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post

If Uiharu became a level 5 for the first one.

The second one would probably work, you would have to read the light novels to find out anything about that

The third one would certainly work, but you'd have to read the light novels to find out anything about that
Old 2013-07-19, 08:32   Link #114
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
If Uiharu became a level 5 for the first one.

The second one would probably work, you would have to read the light novels to find out anything about that

The third one would certainly work, but you'd have to read the light novels to find out anything about that
Not even. You just need to watch Index II for the third one.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 08:45   Link #115
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post

I think gravity is vector (cmiiw)
or we can list all possible attack which arent a vector here -_-
Temperature attack may work because thats a scalar right?
So lv.5 uiharu > accelerator

is shirohige's quake attack is a vector?
Old 2013-07-19, 10:22   Link #116
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Not even. You just need to watch Index II for the third one.
I agree with you. But what you're talking about is different from what I'm talking about. I know what you're talking about. I'm talking about
Spoiler for LN 22 or NT of Index:

@Hamazura I meant that Accel can't stand the temperature that Uiharu could make if she was level 5. Yeah, gravity is a vector. Though: if he reversed gravity sending him somewhere, he would be sent the other way just as fast... and he could only accelerate it... so that wouldn't be good for him either...
Old 2013-07-19, 13:19   Link #117
Gray Servant

His powers work on gravity. He actually says he has to consciously let gravity affect him or he'll just float away.

As for temperature, he walked through the molten ground left behind by one of those Iron Blade attacks without being bothered by the heat. No examples of resisting cold though, but it seems like that's a weakness someone would have exploited at some point.
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 13:49   Link #118
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Servant View Post
His powers work on gravity. He actually says he has to consciously let gravity affect him or he'll just float away.

As for temperature, he walked through the molten ground left behind by one of those Iron Blade attacks without being bothered by the heat. No examples of resisting cold though, but it seems like that's a weakness someone would have exploited at some point.
ahh i remember now
Spoiler for vol.14:

Heat/temperature is scalar, not vector -_-
Old 2013-07-19, 14:01   Link #119
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
Heat/temperature is scalar, not vector -_-
Temperature is a value related with how much agitated molecules are (depending of energy and which molecules). Heat is one form of transfer of energy, and transferring energy have a direction of molecule movement and collision. So with his power, it makes sense he would be able to keep the energy of matter around him to transfer to his body.
Old 2013-07-19, 14:28   Link #120
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Temperature is a value related with how much agitated molecules are (depending of energy and which molecules). Heat is one form of transfer of energy, and transferring energy have a direction of molecule movement and collision. So with his power, it makes sense he would be able to keep the energy of matter around him to transfer to his body.
calculation on particle level? Just how smart accel really is? he didnt attend school right? just how the hell accel know about plasma, remove oxygen by electriity and stuff -_-

30 degree celcius is scalar
200byte is scalar
Just how the hell he can repel it and rewrite the last order data -_-