AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2006-12-01, 14:17   Link #41
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Out of the 19 CDs they have released, I own 15 of them.
& i can say i own around 15 from the list - aren't we special. :3

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-12-01 at 14:32.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 01:10   Link #42
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution Boi View Post
Hmm... I was sent this from another source....

Last Regrets (X-mas Dance Mix)

It was an short recording so I decided to add in a few beats and made it longer for my pleasure. Everyone else can enjoy too
Pretty nice.

Curious, what're you using for editing software and time stretching?

From a fellow sound guy (though more for fansub release prints),

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 03:26   Link #43
Revolution Boi

Send a message via AIM to Revolution Boi
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
Pretty nice.

Curious, what're you using for editing software and time stretching?

From a fellow sound guy (though more for fansub release prints),

--Ian.
Acid pro 4.0, FL Studio 6

I also have my own mini studio, turntables, mixers, beatmachines, and samplers
Revolution Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 11:19   Link #44
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jervin View Post
Hmm... seems like the following album (KSLA-022) is a limited edition vinyl record rather a normal CD.

Anyone has more information on this album?
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 13:13   Link #45
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

What's the name of the music box version of the opening song? Not ENTIRELY sure if it's the opening song but it's close enough that I can imagine. It plays in the game during the first few minutes when Yuuichi meets Nayuki and in the anime at the same point. Also what album has this version?

For reference it's in the Toei version all over the place but the Kyoani version only has it (so far) in two spots.
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 15:36   Link #46
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
Hmm... seems like the following album (KSLA-022) is a limited edition vinyl record rather a normal CD.

Anyone has more information on this album?
That's the AIR Analog Collectors Edition record containing Tori no Uta and Farewell song, as well as 2 remixes. It's one of the original records created by OTSU (the event group of Key Sound Labels that specializes in club/trance arrangements), and its sale is limited to OTSU events only. Only 500 of them were made.

You can probably find them on auction sites... for a price, of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
What's the name of the music box version of the opening song? Not ENTIRELY sure if it's the opening song but it's close enough that I can imagine. It plays in the game during the first few minutes when Yuuichi meets Nayuki and in the anime at the same point. Also what album has this version?

For reference it's in the Toei version all over the place but the Kyoani version only has it (so far) in two spots.
The music box version of the OP? I think it's 夢の跡 (Yume no Ato), track 2 in the Kanon Original Soundtrack. (I finished the game years ago, and don't have it installed anymore, so I can't check)

Anyway, whatever it may be, you'll (probably) find it in the original soundtrack.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 10:28   Link #47
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
That's the AIR Analog Collectors Edition record containing Tori no Uta and Farewell song, as well as 2 remixes. It's one of the original records created by OTSU (the event group of Key Sound Labels that specializes in club/trance arrangements), and its sale is limited to OTSU events only. Only 500 of them were made.
Thanks for the information.

Fortunately, I am not a fan of the Trance genre. I have got the the 2-Discs OTSU compilation album.....sufficed to say that I had a headache after listening to Disc 1 only. This is the only KSL album I regret buying......

Quote:
The music box version of the OP? I think it's 夢の跡 (Yume no Ato), track 2 in the Kanon Original Soundtrack. (I finished the game years ago, and don't have it installed anymore, so I can't check)
Yes, 夢の跡 is track 2 on the OST.
Old 2006-12-03, 11:43   Link #48
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Fortunately, I am not a fan of the Trance genre. I have got the the 2-Discs OTSU compilation album.....sufficed to say that I had a headache after listening to Disc 1 only. This is the only KSL album I regret buying......
Well, unlike most Key musics, OTSU remixes aren't exactly made for easy listening. ^^; (Unless you're someone like Maeda Jun, who sleeps to hard rock. ) They're dance music, after all. The Key sound staff formed OTSU specifically for music events, so that they can have some fun with game music and share it with the fans. I mean, can you imagine them playing regular Key songs like Aozora at a live event? It would just make everyone cry.

To change the topic, my favorite KSL album is probably still AIR's original soundtrack, since AIR was my first Key game, and the soundtrack was the first Key album I ever bought. Most sentiments go here. Although CLANNAD's soundtrack comes in close too.

Also, the Key+Lia singles are all surprisingly good as well. All of them are just as good, if not better, than the game themesongs.
Old 2006-12-04, 02:28   Link #49
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution Boi View Post
Acid pro 4.0, FL Studio 6

I also have my own mini studio, turntables, mixers, beatmachines, and samplers
In my case, I use REAPER, by Justin Frankel of Winamp fame, for all my sound editing needs, mainly for building up new soundtracks. I'm using roughly the same edit pattern for the XMas version of Last Regrets along with two other pieces for a later project in Kanon's run.

--Ian.
Old 2006-12-04, 12:07   Link #50
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
To change the topic, my favorite KSL album is probably still AIR's original soundtrack, since AIR was my first Key game, and the soundtrack was the first Key album I ever bought. Most sentiments go here. Although CLANNAD's soundtrack comes in close too.
If I have to choose, my favourite album will be the Clannad OST (汐, 渚, 空に光る, 遙かな年月, Ana, 小さなてのひら...etc are, IMO, reasons enough ). The second place will be either the AIR or Planetarian OST.

Quote:
Also, the Key+Lia singles are all surprisingly good as well. All of them are just as good, if not better, than the game themesongs.
Her recent works under Queen's Label are also quite good. My preferences are last year's 射光の丘 and this year's Dearly. May be my expectation is too high, I find the Last Regret Duo Version to be good, but not really outstanding.
Old 2006-12-05, 03:13   Link #51
aardvark

Ok, for those of you who actually own any CD/albums produced by Key sounds, is there a reason that they are listed as CD-ROMs rather than Audio CDs?

After watching the new Kanon and then looking up the old OST, I was reminded of an older Key album that I really need to own as well. Now because of the CD-ROM thing, the process of buying any of those albums is more of a hassle than I need it to be :\
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 04:53   Link #52
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
If I have to choose, my favourite album will be the Clannad OST (汐, 渚, 空に光る, 遙かな年月, Ana, 小さなてのひら...etc are, IMO, reasons enough ). The second place will be either the AIR or Planetarian OST.
Yeah, although much of my sentiments go to AIR, CLANNAD is probably the most epic and memorable one for me, both game and music-wise. Besides what you already listed, I want to add 同じ高みへ and 白詰草 (especially the piano arrange in ピアノの森) too. And yes, Nagisa's theme is simply unforgettable.

To be honest, the more I watch Kyoani's Kanon, the more it makes me want to see a Kyoani CLANNAD. That's why I went and made myself the sig down there, to tide myself over.

...*ahem* To be on topic for a bit:

But Kanon, on the other hand, will probably remain the most significant for the oldest veterans, I think. After all, it was released back in an age where nobody really paid any attention to game BGMs, and most games didn't even have vocal OP/ED songs. It's not hard to imagine the kind of impact it must've had on the users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Ok, for those of you who actually own any CD/albums produced by Key sounds, is there a reason that they are listed as CD-ROMs rather than Audio CDs?

After watching the new Kanon and then looking up the old OST, I was reminded of an older Key album that I really need to own as well. Now because of the CD-ROM thing, the process of buying any of those albums is more of a hassle than I need it to be :\
I'm not sure myself either, but it's probably because of the label. Other game companies usually rely on music labels, such as Lantis or King Record, to release their soundtracks. Key Sounds Label, on the other hand, is more like the music branch of Key (techically, a software company) rather than a music label of its own.
Old 2006-12-06, 00:46   Link #53
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
The games apparently used "red book" audio tracks for the music, meaning they're just standard audio tracks which could play in a normal CD player.[1] The game would tell the CD-ROM drive to play a specific track when the time was right.

--Ian.

[1] Audio CDs are "red book" formatted (some error correction, no sector marking); data CDs are "yellow book" formatted (error correction to the gills, sectors delineated at 2048 bytes), while VCDs are "white book" formatted (raw CD recording, no error correction whatsoever).
Old 2006-12-06, 10:46   Link #54
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
But Kanon, on the other hand, will probably remain the most significant for the oldest veterans, I think. After all, it was released back in an age where nobody really paid any attention to game BGMs, and most games didn't even have vocal OP/ED songs. It's not hard to imagine the kind of impact it must've had on the users.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Kanon OST alright. I just find it merely "Very Good" rather than "Outstanding" as in the case of the Clannad/AIR/Planetarian OSTs

On a side note, a Clannad TV series will be awesome. Here's hoping that someone will at least animate Nagisa and Fuko's stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
The games apparently used "red book" audio tracks for the music, meaning they're just standard audio tracks which could play in a normal CD player.[1] The game would tell the CD-ROM drive to play a specific track when the time was right.
I think aardvark is probably referring to the fact that Amazon.jp classifies KSL albums as Computer Games (which cannot be shipped overseas) rather than normal CDs.
Old 2006-12-06, 13:28   Link #55
aardvark

Quote:
I think aardvark is probably referring to the fact that Amazon.jp classifies KSL albums as Computer Games (which cannot be shipped overseas) rather than normal CDs.
Yeah pretty much! Sushi-Y's answer makes sense though, I think.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 14:27   Link #56
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
At worst, there's always Himeya to rely on for the CDs.

Quote:
On a side note, a Clannad TV series will be awesome. Here's hoping that someone will at least animate Nagisa and Fuko's stories.
Not just "someone", you know very well that the fans won't accept anything less than Kyoani.
Spoiler for off topic:
Old 2006-12-11, 12:23   Link #57
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
Not just "someone", you know very well that the fans won't accept anything less than Kyoani.
Sigh.... given KyoAni's busy schedule and the fact that it will probably take 52 episodes to cover all the routes, I can only hope.....

If there really is a Clannad TV series, I will be very interested to see how the audience will respond when a seemingly harem anime spent a significant portion of time to cover unlikely characters such as
Spoiler for off topic:

Quote:
Spoiler for off topic:
Spoiler for off topic:
Old 2006-12-23, 21:02   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I might as well bring up the fact that the classic 'The Sleeping Beauty Ballet' was played for Yuuichi & Mai's dance scene for episode 12. For me it was a wonderful choice to place just a fitting piece of music for the scene - just thinking about that scene again makes me look even more forward to the DVD version a few months away.

Anyone else find it one hell of a choice?
Old 2006-12-28, 02:50   Link #59
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Just listened to the new Kanon single (KSLA-0026). The memorial mixs sound really similar to the originals, but it's pretty obvious that Ayana re-sang it. The Last regrets mix reminds me so much of the one she sang in I've concert. All in all, no surprise, but since I like Last regrets a lot, I guess it's acceptable.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 20:08   Link #60
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth

Send a message via MSN to K3cT
Piano de Kanon needs more love here. One time I was so addicted to that album, I filled my entire MP3 player with it. I found that the music from AIR is better than Kanon though. Planetarian is excellent as well but it has so little tracks...

Anyway, going a little OT here. How does Clannad the game do, compared to the past Key games? Is it as epic as AIR? I just started to play the AIR game with that incomplete English patch and it sure flexes the story a lot more than the anime.
K3cT is offline   Reply With Quote