AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 31 28.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 37.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 4.63%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-26, 07:13   Link #501
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
I wish it's October already so that I can live in peace. Puh-lease.... evvvvvvv-r-y-one...... let's just pray that our pairings may come true.
Spoiler for Second Season:
I have said that a couple of times . I don't know why people keep saying Shoko is going to die, shoko is going to die. I have said it already, if shoko is going to die. She would have died in episode 1. She is too fucking important to the story now. Noo, she is not going to die.

I am not a Shoko shipper but a Saki shipper. So don't get me wrong.
Old 2013-06-26, 08:30   Link #502
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
You are still see this one-sided, the things is, do you actually know whether an abused child is suffer more than a child who have their parent killed? no, they are both painful memories, true, however thats doesn't mean it's possible to scale the pain they receive. Hypothesized person A have their seen their own parent died in an accident, apply the same situation with person B, A and B have diffirent personality, and B accept their death faster than A, that doesn't mean that B is suffering less than A and at the same time it doesn't mean that everyone who meet the same accident will have that exact amount of pain. It''s doesn't work that way. If you want to compare that much, use the sequence of event :
Shouko :
- have a happy life prior (15-17 years)
- suddenly plunged into war
- suddenly reject by her crush
- her father killed by her crush
Conlusion : Having everything from family to happiness resulted in cheerful and motivative personality, suddenly reduced to having nothing left, losing control over emotion balanced - cause of suffering.

Saki :
- Might not have a happylife prior ( abused)
- have experienced the society hasrshness( i.e : contract terminated, scorn , ..)
- suddenly plunge into war
- Assaulted by her crush though he love another girl, realized the curse nature.
Conclusion : Witness the world harshness since childhood resulted in experienced and self-motivated personality(not self-centered). thus able to accept thing more easily, however, when realized and accept that she is incapable of having pure romantic relationship and remember the past memories, it's slowly affect her - cause of suffering.

One is received massive damage in a moment, one is tortured through time, it's impossible to say who is suffer more than who, they seen hell in their own way. Samething with the matter you stated, your own father trying to used you and your own father smile and died for you, which is more suffering? There is no correct answer her. Though i can see where you come from for most people have easier time sympathy with Shouko over Saki since she is more familiar with people backgrounds.

Personal comments : this is the reason i like Saki over Shouko, Shouko is too unadaptive( nothing to offend Shouko fans, i know that she is leading a normal life until everything go upside down, i know a massive mental damage is scary but this is purely personal comment) which was the reson why i question Shouko leadership in a post before. Well, my direction might vhange depend on Shouko personality developments from now on.
And Thank you. Couldn't have said it better. The director or writer even said in a interview that Shouko and Haruto are supposed to be normal students that people can relate to. Now this is something I agree with. Most people who grew up normally with family and love would probably be like Shouko.
Old 2013-06-26, 09:27   Link #503
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

@dragon 1412, you lost it. I know that you know what you're saying, but I think you're just overthinking. No offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
And Thank you. Couldn't have said it better. The director or writer even said in a interview that Shouko and Haruto are supposed to be normal students that people can relate to. Now this is something I agree with. Most people who grew up normally with family and love would probably be like Shouko.
This is neither right or wrong. I have my reasons but none of those would matter to most of you so I wouln't say such things that might ignite the flame of doubts. Both heroines are easy to relate with and that's just it, but I'll say this straight for everyone to know. Both Shouko and Saki have antagonistic attitudes yet they are entirely similar to one another. It's the attitude that brings forth the great difference between them. Difference not comparison. You saying the last line is factual, but it applies to Saki as well--a child growing up without proper care from parents--well, not everyone would turn the way she'd become, maybe worse than this or could also be a much more loving person. It depends on how they will be able to manage such experience in life and modify their defense mechanism. It depends on every individuals. Saki has chosen to be like a cactus, hard and piercing on the outside but full of tears inside. It's her defense mechanism. So one cannot say she's lived her life hurting inside. It's her choice, but it's obvious that her pride contradicts her inner desire. She wanted someone to save her from loneliness, but she doesn't want to make contact with others. She wanted to be famous so that she can be adored, but what she really wants is to be loved by someone for simply being herself. All she wanted is to experience real happiness and she found it in Haruto's comfort.

And so one cannot also say she's envious of Shouko for being surrounded by friends. If she is yet to experience the vanilla of life and Shouko as to the wrath of war which is to witness someone's death while being helpless are parallel. They maybe different, but the way they experience things can be considered parallel because it weighs both the weight of trying to overcome predicaments. One can say that the other experienced a more tragic depending on individual perspective.

So what I'm really trying to say from the very start is that everyone is being subjective. Lol. I said many points to consider but this is just it.

Last edited by Winterson; 2013-06-26 at 09:53.
Old 2013-06-26, 09:29   Link #504
Destined_Fate

I always believed that Shoko would live, she's too important a character to kill off especially as she's the new PM and her dad, being awesome as he is, took all of her death flags away from her and took them upon himself.

The way I see it is that Saki's life was cruddy for a very long time so she's numb to such pain now while Shoko just had huge chaos thrown at her in a very short period of time with her father being killed by her (former) crush at the tip of the iceberg. Shoko, unlike Saki, hasn't had to deal with such pain before and to have it all happen so quickly? It would break a lesser person.
Old 2013-06-26, 10:08   Link #505
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I always believed that Shoko would live, she's too important a character to kill off especially as she's the new PM and her dad, being awesome as he is, took all of her death flags away from her and took them upon himself.

The way I see it is that Saki's life was cruddy for a very long time so she's numb to such pain now while Shoko just had huge chaos thrown at her in a very short period of time with her father being killed by her (former) crush at the tip of the iceberg. Shoko, unlike Saki, hasn't had to deal with such pain before and to have it all happen so quickly? It would break a lesser person.

I agree with you. I think that this is what Sunrise had planned all along. Their plan was to make all MCs suffer from a great loss. So it doesn't really matter who will be hurt the most, for what is painful is simply hurting, but still regarding 'bout experience, deaths are the most hard to deal with. Shouko is just as important as the protagonist. For hose who have raised death flags of Shoko, May the force be with you jedi(s).
Old 2013-06-26, 10:29   Link #506
Fjoergyn

Emo fashion kills characters that can evolve
Old 2013-06-26, 11:31   Link #507
Destined_Fate

Shoko ain't going emo over this I'm sure. She'll put on a strong face even when she learns that Haruto picked Saki over her.
Old 2013-06-26, 12:02   Link #508
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

aww, awfully manly of haruto, taking responsibility over what happened.

Goodbye Shouko, I barely knew you, but unless they want to turn this into a love triangle soap opera, I'm sure you'll die soon.
Old 2013-06-26, 12:03   Link #509
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Goodbye Shouko, I barely knew you, but unless they want to turn this into a love triangle soap opera, I'm sure you'll die soon.
Her daddy gave her plot armor so I am sure she'll survive.
And become a Sith...
Old 2013-06-26, 12:05   Link #510
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
And become a Sith...

I now want to see a picture of Shouko dressed up as the Emperor. xD
Old 2013-06-26, 12:09   Link #511
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Shoko ain't going emo over this I'm sure. She'll put on a strong face even when she learns that Haruto picked Saki over her.
I speak of saki

A mummy of 214 years xD
Old 2013-06-26, 12:10   Link #512
bastek66

Quote:
Hahaha, implying they won't. Love triangles are easiest writing.
Old 2013-06-26, 12:10   Link #513
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
And become a Sith...
damn plot armor, now I have to go through a lot of melodramatic romance scenes, i'm sure the glittery space battles will be less because they're already in a neutral zone.

they already even set it up so that it would be a ground war, trained soldiers against a school full of high school students.

lastly, its been bothering me for some time now, but what is that shadow with valvrave-tan at the end? it looks like another person and not just a shadow.

edit: in case nobody noticed, I'm firmly harutoxsaki. lol
Old 2013-06-26, 12:31   Link #514
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
damn plot armor, now I have to go through a lot of melodramatic romance scenes, i'm sure the glittery space battles will be less because they're already in a neutral zone.
Mecha always find a way to fight!
(Shouko starts conquering the world with intentions of creating global peace)

Quote:
they already even set it up so that it would be a ground war, trained soldiers against a school full of high school students.
This is a mecha series so everything will be about mecha's.
It is not like they can't build/buy some fodders for students, especially if there is a timeskip of few years.
(Shouko creates an army of vampires and finishes those Valvraves, thus continuing what her father started)
Old 2013-06-26, 12:41   Link #515
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:

lastly, its been bothering me for some time now, but what is that shadow with valvrave-tan at the end? it looks like another person and not just a shadow.

edit: in case nobody noticed, I'm firmly harutoxsaki. lol

Some of use have been speculating that it's another AI like VVV-tan. Possibly whatever that green glowing thing was in Cain's room/office.
Old 2013-06-26, 12:47   Link #516
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Some of use have been speculating that it's another AI like VVV-tan. Possibly whatever that green glowing thing was in Cain's room/office.
And here I thought it was Haruto's relative or something. Well, time to throw that theory out the window. -throws theory out the window-
Old 2013-06-26, 14:03   Link #517
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
And here I thought it was Haruto's relative or something. Well, time to throw that theory out the window. -throws theory out the window-
Like his father ?
Don`t throw any theory out just yet. We still don`t know who it is.
Old 2013-06-26, 14:37   Link #518
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Cain, as Haruto's father, now that would be funny.
Old 2013-06-26, 16:54   Link #519
Destined_Fate

Quote:
aww, awfully manly of haruto, taking responsibility over what happened.

You imply that Shoko has to remain in that unhappy love triangle when she has L-Elf as an option and we all know L-Elf is a bigger man than Haruto anyway.
Old 2013-06-26, 19:29   Link #520
~BC~

You're both implying if she's not a love interest her use as a character is over. Nevermind that she's just been given development that will further her involvement in the main plot.
Closed Thread